The truth
579 3 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Ryoto's pov)

Finally, I'm back in my cave. It's not much, but it's partially mine. I'm happy to see that it's still standing strong. It looks like Franceska and Sung-Sun listened to me for once. Not like they don't do that, but they have... conflicting personalities.

As I made the first steps inside, two presences rushed at me and tackled me. I was just too tired to dodge, so when they smashed into me, I just fell down with a deadpan expression.

"What are you doing, you two? I know that I was gone a bit longer than I said, but it's not a reason for you to try and eat me. Only five other people said that I was tasty, and they are biased, so I wouldn't listen to them."

It looked like they weren't listening to me because they didn't react to my words at all. What's the point of my snarkiness if no one's listening.

"R-Ryoto-sama, I'll never whine about having my portion being too small!"

"And I won't try to steal some of Sung-Sun's portion ever again, even if I want to!"

Are they... having a withdrawal because of my cooking? It has never happened before. Is that why Rin forbids me from cooking too often? Was she also having a withdrawal after we entered the Academy? Lala never had this happen to her, and she ate my cooking daily for many months.

As I was thinking about what I should do, Harribel walked up slowly to me and the two Hollows lying on me.

She looked as uninterested as usual with her arms closed under her... boobs?

... You know, I never thought about it before. Does Harribel have boobs? Are these things on her chest, breasts? Most of the Hollows look like monsters until they become Menos. Then, after becoming Adjucha, they start looking more animalistic until evolving into Vasto Lorde to look similar to humans. I know that Hollows can reproduce, but would their babies drink milk?

Too many questions and no answers.

"What happened to your clothes?" She asked.

"Great question, Tier." It was true. I was currently missing all of my upper clothes, and my pants were torn slightly.

"I met another Vasto Lorde." I could see slight concern enter her eyes, so I quickly started explaining further. "Don't worry, he didn't attack me, but we sparred a few times. I couldn't bring him back here because his Reiatsu is enormous, and he can't control it, or at least can't control it to a satisfying degree. Weak Hollows just die around him because of the pressure he is emitting. That's why I'll be visiting him sometimes. If you want, you can come with me, but I don't know about these two." I pointed to my still crying tormentors, who still weren't listening, and Harribel nodded, although I didn't know if it was because she acknowledged what I said or agreed to go with me.

The shark-like Hollow above me wasn't the best at communicating, but that's fine. I can work with that.

But first, I need to know why Fran and Sung-Sun are still clinging to me and ignoring everything else. It's starting to get scary how unresponsive they are.

"Tier, can you tell me what happened to these two?"

She shrugged her shoulders.

"It seems that they got too used to your food, and when the time of your return came, and you didn't show up, they started worrying, not to mention the food tasted bland without you, and they couldn't take it anymore."

"... I feel so loved here." I said with an even voice. "By the way, are you planning on wiping away that drool?"

Hearing me, Tier's hand quickly moved to her mouth, but she couldn't find anything wet there. She turned her gaze to me just to see my smirk.

I did just to see if she was waiting for my cooking just as much as the other two. OK, that's a lie. I already knew that she enjoyed it and probably couldn't wait for my return because of it. I did it for shits and giggles.

Harribel's expression didn't change, but she stared back at me, turned around, and walked away, leaving me on the ground with Francesca and Sung-Sun.

(3rd's pov)

Akio knocked on the door to his mother's office. He waited for a day that his mom wouldn't be too busy, and he didn't want to talk with her at home, where he risked meeting other members of his family. He wanted to speak with Isane exclusively, just like he did with Rin before, without any interference.

*Knock* *Knock*

"Yes, come in!" The voice of his mother came from the other side of the door, and that was his cue to enter.

Seeing her son, Isane smiled and stopped all her work, which wasn't much today. It was a peaceful day in Sereitei, so not many injured came in, so the only thing left was paperwork.

"Hello, Akio. Nice to see you. Can I help you with something?" She asked. Usually, Akio comes to her whenever she has free time, so if he comes during her work hours, there must be a reason for that, and she wasn't wrong.

Akio closed the door behind him and sat in front of his mother.

"Yes, I wanted to talk with you about Father." The mood of his mother dropped slightly, but not wanting to share her worries with her child, she hid it behind a small smile.

"Ryoto? What do you want to know about him?"

"I was hoping for you to put a light on his personality for me. After he... vanished, I realized how little I knew about him, so I'm trying to fix it." For some reason, telling his mom that Ryoto vanished was more difficult than it should have been.

"Ryoto... Ryoto is complicated but, at the same time, a simple man. He is a man with a lot of secrets that he isn't ready to share yet. Not because he doesn't trust us but probably because they are too difficult to explain or sharing them would do more harm than good.

He also tends to get into trouble. In fact, the first time I met him was during his Academy days. It was after an assassination attempt on Yoruichi's life. Things happened, and Ryoto and his classmates, which included Rin, Yoruichi, and Urahara-san, got injured. Already, at that point, Ryoto went through a lot just going by the scars he had."

Isane could go on and on on that topic, but Akio wanted something more definitive.

"And how did you get together?"

Isane went immediately red, embarrassed by the action of her younger self. She put both of her hands on her face, trying to hide it.

"T-t-that's not important."

Her reaction confused Akio, but he didn't push for any answer, but he was growing increasingly nervous. Akio was carefully observing his mother throughout the whole conversation, and the scary thing was that he couldn't catch any glimpse of disgust in her voice or mannerism, so he finally decided to ask a million Kan questions.

"Mom... I know that it may sound strange to you, but can you answer my question... please."

Akio was practically begging for answers. He wanted to reach the truth this time, and it didn't escape Isane.

Matching Akio's serious tone, she nodded, ready for what was coming.

"Did Dad ever hit you or at least physically or emotionally abuse you in any way, shape, or form?"

Akio was correct. It was a very strange question, but nonetheless, Isane answered it with an equal amount of seriousness.

"Ryoto, your father, never did anything like that. I doubt that he ever even thought about that. He is one of the most caring people I know. He would rather risk his life than endanger his family."

Not sensing any lies, Akio was convinced.

"Thanks, Mom. I really appreciate it. Now if you excuse me."

"Wait, Aki-!"

Before she could stop him, Akio exited the office in a hurry.

---

END

Discord server: https://discord.gg/HB2DweuG4J

Patreön.com/Kurit (Up to 10 chapters ahead and exclusive illustrations.)

25