Invasion starts
1.2k 4 31
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Kisuke's pov)

"Kurosaki-kun, we have trained already for 3 days, but I have noticed that despite being Quincy, you don't use any of their abilities. As Shinigami, you lack the option of fighting at a long distance, but this isn't the case for all Shinigami. They could have long-range Shikai or just use Kido. You don't have these options at the moment."

I lectured the young man as I tried to probe about his abilities. I also said for now because, just as Ryoto advised, I plan on taking some time to teach Kurosaki-kun some basic Kidos as we don't have enough time for more. Not to mention, he possesses Getsuga Tenshou, as shown when he called his Zanpakuto the first time, although he doesn't seem to realize that.

Shame that we don't have enough time to train it. We barely have enough to make him strong enough so he won't die in Soul Society.

"Except Blut Vene, I'm not that great at any Quincy techniques. I mean, I can create a bow out of Reishi and shoot out arrows, but Mom said that I shouldn't defeat Hollows that way unless I really need to." He explained.

It made sense. From what I learned of Kurosaki-kun, he isn't the greatest at Reishi manipulation.

"Can you show me your bow regardless?"

Reluctantly, Kurosaki-kun agreed, and as he put away his Zanpakuto, he created a blue, glowing bow, but it was... small. My reaction must have slipped since the young boy was giving me 'the look'. I hid my face behind a green fan I always have on me and started defusing the situation.

"Don't worry, Kurosaki-kun. My friend told me long ago that the size of the tool isn't important but how you use it. Although now that I think about it one time, he mentioned that it's what people tell themselves to feel better-"

I was forced to dodge an arrow from an embarrassed Shinigami-Quincy hybrid. Yoruichi will have a blast when she puts her claws on him, but until then, I'll have my fun.

---

It was finally time to send kids to fight for their lives... it sounds kind of bad when I say it like that, but unfortunately, I'm not in any position to go there myself. I would cause much more chaos than good.

I also will need to apologize to Kurosaki-kun for tricking him when he returns. I'm certain that he'll kick me in the face when I do that. He's hot-headed like that.

Why do I feel, though, like there's going to be more trouble than anyone anticipated?

(3rd's pov)

The group of invaders, including an orange-haired Shinigami with Quincy blood, a Quincy, an orange-haired human girl with unusual powers, a human boy looking older than he is, and a black cat, arrived at Soul Society.

The journey there was a rough one, and they almost died despite their mission only beginning.

It wasn't the best way to start a rescue mission, and they could only hope that it wouldn't become a recurrence.

The group landed in the Western part of Rukongai, and after a short encounter with the gatekeeper, they were forced out of the Sereitei by a Captain even before they got in.

Thankfully, they had another option of getting in, and it was by using Yoruichi's connections.

The whole time, despite her cat form, Yoruichi looked melancholic, and it didn't go unnoticed by Ichigo.

"Hey, Yoruichi. What made you look like that?" He asked without any hint of carefulness.

Usually, people would be careful about asking sensitive questions like this, but not Ichigo Kurosaki. Yoruichi peeked at the earnest teenager and sighed but decided to share some of her thoughts regardless.

"It's nothing much. I'm feeling a bit nostalgic after coming here after 100 years."

"You are that old!?"

For the rest of their travel, Ichigo was walking with scratch marks on his face. It was a lesson hard learned.

---

The group finally arrived at Kukaku Shiba's place. It was a bit harder to find her than anyone except Yoruichi anticipated since Kukaku tends to move her house from time to time, but in the end, they found it.

After exchanging pleasantries with the bodyguards outside of the house, the group was welcomed inside and waited patiently for Kukaku to arrive.

"So, Yoruichi, can you finally explain to us why we need Kukaku's help?" 

Ichigo asked the black cat.

"That's pretty easy to answer. Since you made the stupid move of running towards the gate when I warned you not to, that leaves us with only one option of getting inside Soul Society. Maybe two, but I would rather not use it. We'll talk about the details when Kukaku gets here."

"No need to wait!" A feminine but very commanding voice joined the conversation.

A beautiful woman with green eyes and bandages over her lengthy, black, messy hair walked into the room. She also had a grin plastered on her face.

"Sup, Yoruichi. Long time no see."

"Yeah, it has been a while."

While the old friends greeted each other, the youngsters, on the other hand, were shocked that Kukaku was a woman as they imagined her as a man.

"By the way, Rin came over some time ago and left a message for you." Kukaku continued. "She said something about you losing a bet, so be ready to pay up."

Yoruichi's mood soured immediately.

"Seriously!? I was sure that if it hadn't happened in the first 10 years, it wouldn't happen at all. I'll milk him dry in more than one way for making me lose like that!"

"Sure, sure. I'm sure you'll be able to just like you could do before."

Kukaku shrugged off Yoruichi's threat/promise, at which the black cat narrowed her eyes.

"And how would you know it? You are not saying that it was you who-"

"Don't even think about finishing what you were trying to say. I just drink sometimes with Rin and the others, and let me tell you. That girl is a riot when drunk and likes to share some of her stories. It's fun to see her sober the next day when she regrets her life choices." She laughed as she slapped her leg a few times.

"I can understand why Ryoto likes teasing her that much. Her reactions are just adorable."

Ryoto's name caught the attention of a young glasses-wearing Quincy.

"Excuse me, but did you say Ryoto? As in Ryoto Yuuki? A black-haired Shinigami that tends to walk around with his eyes closed?" Ishida curiously asked the pair of friends.

"Wait, you mean that closed-eye bastard?" Ichigo joined in.

"The very same. I wasn't expecting him to be that famous."

""Apparently, he was a friend of my family/That bastard stabbed me twice and left me to die on the ground!""

Both of the boys said at the same time and then looked at each other, confused. Meanwhile, the black cat and her friend were equally confused, not about Ishida though. They were aware of Ryoto's friendship with Quincy a long time ago. The confusion came from what Ichigo just said.

"It doesn't sound like Ryoto that I know, but let me tell you something, kid. If Ryoto wanted you dead, you wouldn't be sitting here with us."

Yoruichi said very seriously. "He must have a reason for doing that, or you just mistaken him for someone else."

"And how do you know that?" Uryuu asked an important question. From what he heard, Yoruichi and Kukaku knew Ryoto fairly well, but Yoruichi, more so, he hoped to get to know the person named Ryoto Yuuki a little better.

"She is his lover." Kukaku pointed at the cat, and all the eyes went wide in the room, and Uryuu's opinion about Ryoto dropped significantly.

""SHE!!!?"" The screams of the teenagers could be heard across the whole Sereitei... metaphorically, of course.

"You didn't tell them? Sorry for busting your fun then." Kukaku didn't look sorry at all.

"Wait, wait, wait. Let's skip the bomb that was just dropped and go back to Yoruichi, knowing that Ryoto guy. If... she... knows him, why don't we just ask him for help with rescuing Rukia." Ichigo said something smart for the first time that day.

"... By saving Rukia, we are making an enemy out of most of Sereitei, and I don't want to drag him into it if not necessary. I already caused him too much trouble."

The mood became solemn. Yoruichi still felt guilty even if she didn't regret her decision. She did what she needed to do, but it didn't mean that she liked it.

The silence was shattered by the loud sound of the door slamming open.

"Kukaku!!! I need to borrow the canon! I may or may not want to fire it at Sokyoku to stop the execution."

The newly arrived man just noticed guests in the room, and as he observed all of them, his eyes stopped at a seemingly younger, orange-haired version of himself.

"Who is this brat?" He pointed at Ichigo.

"Oi!"

"They came here to get help to get inside Sereitei. They want to rescue Rukia." Kukaku answered her brother lazily.

Kukaku's brother then started rubbing his chin as he thought intensely. Then he grinned widely.

"Do you want to get inside Sereitei? I'll help you. I'm Kaien Shiba! Nice to meet you, and happy to work with ya all!"

---

END

Discord server: https://discord.gg/HB2DweuG4J

Patreön.com/Kurit (Up to 10 chapters ahead plus exclusive illustrations.)

31