2- New job
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Tony followed Zock and his old colleague inside the captain's cabin.

He could see some other crewmates waiting outside. They were not easy to distinguish from the other traveler thanks to the lack of uniform. But working on the ship through their years had built some muscles in their bodies. Some of them had their head slightly hunched forward thanks to all the weight lifting that had continuously deformed their spine.

In comparison, Tony who was traveling for the first time as a member of the crew looked quite pleasing to the eyes.

Tony had seen his reflection in a mirror that belonged to a traveler.

While in the past he had a light skin tone. This body's skin color was more tanned. Tony also felt that there were many similarities between his old faces and the new ones.

They did not look like twins, but more like brothers, children of the same mother.

Tony tensed when he felt a weight added to his body. At this moment they were just in front of the cabin door and Zock was pressing his big hands on his shoulder.

" Tony, I hope that you will be able to take hold of yourself.

I know that you almost died and you could not focus on your job these last few days.

But you are a man. You are old enough to know that thinking like this happens's long as you are alive, you must work hard for yourself and your family" Zock said in a deep voice. These words were just enough for Tony to understand.

There were many things that Tony wanted to say at this moment to refute the man world. It was not like he had any family in this world or any memories of the old Tony family.

At most he will send them some money from time to time in the future, to not seem like an ingrate. There was also the fact that he needed to compensate people somehow who had lost a member of their family.

As for the fact that a man needed to work hard throughout his life to make his family life, Tiny did not think that this work was made for him.

He already knew that his predecessor did not have any diploma to speak of as he had stopped attending school too soon.

But Tony still had some knowledge from his past life. He could find a way to use them. And even being a farmer seemed to be a good alternative compared to the perilous and hard job of the crewmates.

There were many things that Tony wanted to say to refute the older man. But seeing the look on the other face Tony stopped.

He seemed honestly worried for Tony and even his severe expression was now gone replaced by a carrying one, similar to the one that a parent or parent will give to a child.

Seeing that Tony was listening, Zock nodded.

" There are some foreigners on the ship and a doctor, they are traveling with us until we reach King Chasa City.

I arranged things so that you can attend them.

During the trip, you can try getting close to them.

For the foreigners, you will just have to carry their equipment for them.

They will certainly give you a tip if you do well.

As for the doctor, I just hope that he is not sure stingy as the ship medic and that he will show you something" Zock explained quickly in Lingala.

He seemed to think that even if the people managed to hear his voice, they will not be able to understand his word. Most of the people on the ship could only talk in Lingala.

Zock was one of the rare people that knew some words in French or English except the captain, after years of service. TONY predecessors knew one or two words while Tony thanks to his past life memories could currently be in English or French.

He had not shown anything to the other people as it would have brought too many suspicions.

Without wasting too much time with the guests, The two knocked before entering the Captain's cabin.

It looked as shabby inside as it seemed from outside. There we were some furniture inside and it was surprisingly well kept.

There were only six people inside.

A big-bellied black man was wearing a black vest and a ridiculously large white hat. He had grassy skin and front and had a greedy smile constantly on his face.

TONY just needed to see that ugly hat with the words Ipupa engraved on it to know that he was the captain of the ship, M. Fokou.

There was another middle-aged man who was dressed more refinedly than the other people. He was holding onto a suitcase and there were a pair of glasses encasing his Bonny face.

From his mannerism, Tony judged that he should be the doctor.

He had seen many people on the ship until now and none of them acted like the man.

The third man did not look anything special. It seemed in his late twenties a little older than Tony's age when he graduated from college. The man had a strange look and there were stains on his hands on his blue shirt. It had certainly been hard for him during the last few days.

As for the foreigners, Tony discovered them almost as soon as he entered the place as they seemed to reflect better the light from the gas lamp.

They were white people. Their clothes were not as flashy as those of the. ma' that Tony suspected to be the doctor. They had smartly chosen. Clothes of dark colors that could expertly hide the folds and the stains that would appear during the trip.

Among the foreigners, there were one man and two women.

The man was holding onto what seemed to be filming equipment.

One of the women's seemed to be in her what, the thirties, flurries, Tony could not expertly place an age on her face.

As for the other, she was a younger-looking woman around who seemed to be in her twenty-some years. She was wearing blue clothes. Her belly her long legs and her blonde hair were exposed under the sun.

Tony was quite curious as to what could have brought them.

" Captain! This is the boy, I brought him" Zock announced to Captain Fokou in English.

" I see. I am still discussing money with the guests. Leave him here and you can go" Captain Fokou said in Linguala while showing an honest face.

The classy-dressed man showed a look of discussion. While the black man behind the foreigners seemed deep in thought, unable to catch all the words that the captain had thrown.

The foreigners looked confused but they kept their straight faces. It was only the younger woman who looked curiously at Tony before looking away in désintérest after some time.

Zock left and Tony could only wait uncomfortably on the side as the other people kept talking while ignoring him.

But at this moment, Tony's mind was elsewhere.

'A group of foreign people joins a trip into an exotic land for some unknown reason.

What could go wrong?'

Tony joked in his mind.

0