CHAPTER 4: Awakened Power
84 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[ Yes! Host, System will cut off 500 points from the host's balance. ] 

' Good ' Lin Yan nodded his head and his viewers decreased a lot because he didn't interact with the viewers and his streaming skills were closed to zero. But the current live CCV was around 3k and it was a lot. 

[ Host! Need to consume ' Bronze-level Green Core ' to unlock the host's awakened power or the host need to wait around a month to awaken the power. There are no side effects from both methods. ]

' Can I know what is  'Bronze-level ' ? ' Lin Yan always wanted to ask this question but he needed to pay ' 100 points ' for that. The current his strength was Early-Bronze level and he thought that this level was the lowest.

[ Yes! Host! The current world has levels and the levels start from bronze to Iron and etc. Bronze is the lowest. Monsters have crystals and most basic monsters like zombies drop bronze-level crystals. Crystals also have colors and the host can only consume green crystals if the host consumes other color crystals, the host's body will explode and die. ]

' I see. Then how to differentiate the difference between ' Bronze-level Green Crystal and ' 'Iron-level Green Crystal ' Lin Yan asked.

[ Host needs to spend ' 500 'points for the question. Would you like to spend the points? ] 

' Yes. ' Lin Yan spent with pain in his heart and his points were slowly losing like that. 

[ There are a ton of ways to tell apart the difference between ' Bronze-level Crystals ' and ' Iron-level Crystals. The biggest difference between the ' Bronze-level Crystals ' and ' Iron-level Crystals ' is ' the Energy ' in the crystals. The ' Iron-level Crystals ' have much more energy than ' Bronze-level Crystals ' . The host can use ' System Scanning Eyes ' to tell apart the difference between the levels. ] 

' Damm! I forget my skills. ' Lin Yan slapped his forehead and he blamed his own stupidity. 

' Well, let's do this. ' Lin Yan encouraged himself and he took out the knife from the pocket. He looked at his tactical knife and his thoughts wandered around, he asked his system.

' System! how many points do I have? ' 

[ Host's balance points - 23000  Points ] 

' I still have a lot of points. I should buy some weapons. ' Lin Yan thought and he needed to fight the bloody battle after he opened the sliding glass with a force. 

Lin Yan looked at the knife in his hand and the knife was a typical tactical knife so the range was quite limited. He didn't have the confidence to kill zombies with the knife. He only learned boxing a little bit and he can barely beat a child, how could he defeat a lot of zombies with a simple knife?

' System, please show me the weapons I could buy with my points. ' Lin Yan asked. 

[ Wooden knife - 1000 Points

a 9mm bullet - 1000 Points 

a standard pistol's magazine( fully loaded) - 7000 Points

a tactical knife - 10000 Points

A dull Katana - 20000 Points 

.... ]

' Fuck. I can barely able to buy bullets. ' Lin Yan swore in his heart and he looked at the food section but they were very cheap compared to weapons. 

' Katana ' Lin Yan's hand immediately moved to the katana but his logical mind immediately stopped his mind. Having a katana was every man's dream but the katana looked very cool and fashionable but he had zero kills with combat swords so it would be very useless in his hand. Besides, he believed that the katana looked useless in the narrow space and generally the swords were one of the most difficult weapons to use and he didn't have confidence to swing the katana.

' I will definitely buy the katana later but for now I will choose something else. ' Lin Yan muttered.

He scrolled down the weapon lists as his minds were thinking very carefully. 

' A weapon that a beginner like me can use. Have a good range and is easy to use... not that much dangerous for me.... finally a good weap... ' Lin Yan immediately thought of a certain weapon and he immediately searched for the weapon, immediately brought it. The price of the weapon was ' 22000 Points ' and he was left with 1000 points. 

" I am really smart. With this weapon, I don't need to worry about the zombies or I hope that. " Lin Yan praised himself and suddenly the weapon appeared in his hand.

The weapon he brought was ' A spear '. He remembered that ' A spear was probably the easiest weapon and the best weapon in human history '. He didn't remember who said that but he also felt about that.

{ Anonymous 667: Anchor, do something. 

Anonymous 756: Yeah! I know the scenery looks amazing but you're taking too much rest. 

Anonymous 6899: Come on anchor, a lot of people already left and if you don't do something, I will also leave. } 

Lin Yan liked to swear his chats but he swallowed his anger. After all, Lin Yan needed to milk money from his viewers. 

{ Anonymous 6969: Wow, did the spear come out from the air?

Anonymous 7000: Holy fucking cow, this shit looks like pure magic.

Anonymous 2020: I am starting to believe that anchor is in the apocalypse world. 

Anonymous 4040: I also think that. The current technology level is too low to do this kind of high-quality stuff in live. 

Anonymous 3030: Damm, I hope that actor's teams are getting a lot of amount of money. }

Lin Yan was surprised that some people praised his non-existence teams and he just hoped people donated more to him.

" Brothers and Sisters, I am going to launch the application later, and please download the app when the time comes. Of course, a lot of content will continue, and please support me. Don't worry, the app is safe.  " Lin Yan said to his viewers with a smile and he was a little bit nervous and frightened but he was very calm on the surface and ready to bite every punch. Lin Yan already had some plans for the future and he chatted with viewers a little bit, his live CCV was currently at 4700 and a lot of viewers left but some stayed. He could not force his viewers to watch his stream so he could only think about how to attract new viewers. 

" Well, I am going to open this sliding glass door so please don't try at home. " Lin Yan said awkwardly and he didn't know how to interact with his chat, then he immediately shifted his focus to the door. 

' For now, let's store the spear in the inventory. ' Lin Yan muttered.

' Put the knife under the glass door in the slide. ' Lin Yan repeated the words in his head and his hands were doing exactly what he thought.

' Pull the glass door with a force. ' He put one of his hands on the door handle and the other hand was holding the knife. 

' Pull the door with a force and lift the door with a knife. ' Lin Yan took a deep breath and he was focusing his 100% on the current moment. No useless thoughts and just thinking about how to survive. 

After a deep breath, he pulled the sliding glass door and lifted the door. The door opened but he didn't have time to celebrate. The loud voice immediately attracted the zombies and Lin Yan heard the zombies' howling voice, his heart beating very fast as he took out the spear and he put his knife in his pocket, he run to the front door as fast as he could to lock the door. 

Suddenly, he heard the zombie howling voice near him as his legs stopped and his hands tightly held the spear, embraced for the upcoming battle. 

---------

Author's note -

Anchor means streamer in Chinese terms. Well, I learned the term from Chinese novels, I am not Chinese at all and have never been to China.

CCV means concurrent view.

if you have questions, please leave them in the comment section.

1