Introductions (2)
11 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Kim Soohyun. That's my name." The man from the other group said. Though not as big as Raul he was pretty well built. He wore a plain white shirt with camo pants. "Soohyun? If you don't mind me asking. Are you Korean by any chance?" Jacob couldn't help but ask--

"Ah right." The man replied. Jacob looked flustered by the man's answer, as if he was confused by something. "Wow.. your English is pretty good." Jacob added as he put both of his hands together. Soohyun looked at Jacob with an equally confused expression on his face. "English? But I've been speaking in Korean this whole time, and so were you." He asked.

All of a sudden a soft creaking noise could be heard from behind the group. Clay who was the first to notice turned his head back, only to be greeted by none other than the cloaked man he saw earlier.

"It's magic, just how the world works. we'd all be dead if we didn't understand each other." The cloaked man said deeply sighing as he reluctantly stepped into the room. Both groups watched as the man silently walked towards the very front of the room. "I am Alice Beirgen, your instructor for today." He said as he motioned his hand in the air. Trails of light followed his hand, eventually leading up into one point. "Well, you probably know this guy already." He added.

A bright flash emanated from the spot where the light gathered, and in that spot stood a magically dappered out red goblin. "Long time no see. Though it hasn't really been that long." Mono said as he bowed towards the group. "I am Mono's master. I trust that you give me the same respect that you give this little rascal." The cloaked man said--

"Well-of-course-Master-Alice-is-the-greatest-warrior-in-the-world-his-feats-are-grea-" Mono enthusiastically explained before getting cut off by Alice. "Mono. Later." He said. To which Mono responded by closing his mouth and taking a few steps back behind Alice.

Alice then proceeded to scan the group, as if looking for something, his eyes eventually landing on Jacob. "You guys must be confused, can't blame you." He said as if he was too tired to even explain anything. "Gather round, I'll tell you guys everything you need." He added.

...

A bustling crowd filled the road, as carraiges carrying nobles passed by. Adventurers taking off to do their quests, civilian and merchants just trying to live by strolled down the streets.

In the midst of it all, stood a small rundown pub, hidden in some back alley. It's where the local drunkards would go to get their morning, noon, and evening drinks. It's also the place where deals that shouldn't reach the eyes of the public happen.

Recreational drugs, stolen artifacts, slaves and such were being sold in this certain back alley. Though hidden, it's public knowledge that something shady is always happening in that certain pub. Reporting to government officials won't do anyone any good either. Doing so would only leave a target on your back, as the higher-ups too, participate in the black market--

"Apparently someone cleared the fourth floor." One drunkard said as he finished gulping down his pint of beer. "One more!" He added as he raised his cup over his head. One of the girls working there rushed over giving the man another pint.

The man sitting with the drunkard did the same as he gulped down his pint and asked for another. "What was that about again?" He said as he took a sip of his beer. "The fourth floor?" He added. "It was some kind of puzzle, I don't know. Must be some smartass." The drunkard replied. The two then proceeded to laugh their hearts out. 

Suddenly, the door opened and entered someone wearing a black cloak. The cloaked man carried with him a long staff. "One White Rabbit." He uttered. All of a sudden the workers at the pub attended to the man and escorted him into a room behind the counter. The drunkards were too absorbed in their own world, that they failed to notice the man entering the room.

Inside the room was nothing more than a table and a chair. There was no source of light except for a little candle in the middle of the table. The old wooden floorboards sounded like they were about to collapse anytime soon. Even so, the cloaked man continued and sat on the chair--

"How many new otherworlders." The man uttered as he laid down a few golden coins on the table. Suddenly a chair appeared on the other side of the table. On it was a man with long black hair and a mischievous look on his face. "Hoho.." the man said as he took the coins one by one. "It's only been a few hours.." the man added in a sarcastic manner.

The cloaked man gripped his staff tighter as he tapped it on the ground. "How. Many." He said in a cold tone. "Eight. There's eight of them." The long haired man replied with sweat dripping from his forehead. 

Hearing this the cloaked man stood up and left, leaving the long haired man there by himself. He looked exhausted, sweat dripping profusely from his forehead, as if he had just seen a ghost. One of the female workers in the pub tried approaching the man, worried about his current state--

"Don't." The man muttered. "If you don't want the whole building to collapse on itself. Then don't." The man added as he slumped back on his seat.

0