Requiem- Meeting Avdol
59 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"There are things you can't see unless you change your standing." - Trafalgar Law

...

The Egyptian man seemed to possess a strong sense of duty and seriousness but showed a slight smile to the group of four as they ordered their food in the restaurant. Everyone ordered gyros in the restaurant, including the man.

This restaurant's name was "Gyro in Cairo", but more importantly, the Egyptian man was non-other than Muhammad Avdol, a User of Magician's Red!

...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Open Status: {Showing "Stand Parameters and Limitations". . .}

Name: Dio 'DIO' Joestar

Race: Ultimate Being (Pillar Men), JoJo (100%)

{Stands} :

[The World]

Abilities : Muda Barrage, Time Stop

- [A Growth], [A Power], [A Speed], [B Range], [A Stamina]. [B Precision]

Limits : {Requires training to grow time-stopping abilities. The range is the only small weakness, alongside the fact that the Stand needs the User to activate its abilities. The potential is the highest ever recorded among Stands, making the limits extraneous over time.}

[The Passion]

Abilities : Divination, Precognition, Ripple Transmission

- [A Growth], [D Power], [C Speed], [D Range], [A Stamina]. [D Precision]

Limits : {Requires mediums or connections to use abilities. One of the weakest Stands recorded, with the only light of hope being in the high potential it has.}

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

...

Muhammad Avdol is a man with great character and a strong will. A strategic thinker and experienced Stand user were the core of his being.

His appearance is a man with a tanned skin tone, black hair, and grey eyes, which made him just another common observation in the eyes of others. But he also wore a light brown top and trousers, a brown overcoat, and golden accessories which made him stand out just the same.

What others would not know, is that Avdol often tries to act as the voice of reason and states himself that his strong emotions make him unsuited for playing poker. Avdol is regularly seen reflecting on the strategies to counter enemy Stands that he meets.

He is always aware of the danger he faces against Stands alone, and he frequently advocates caution in his journeys to visit new cultural destinations.

Avdol made a living as a fortune-teller in a bazaar named Khan el-Khalili in the Islamic district of Cairo, Egypt as a very young man.

Many months prior, he encountered the newly awakened Kars standing outside the first floor of his Mohammed Bey al-Alfi Palace. Barely escaped with his life and limbs after being warned by his friend Jean Pierre Polnareff, who recently escaped from Kars after a meeting almost a year ago.

Before the events of Part 3, he had met and barely tamed the currently Stand-wielding dog Iggy. Iggy unfortunately was never around Avdol whenever it mattered, so he stopped thinking about relying on the dog.

Instead, Avdol was more focused on dealing with the problems happening in his city and country.

This was the man that was indirectly trying to stalk DIO!

Avdol was an experienced Stand User and no one could deny him that. Although he takes pride and gloats the power of his Stand, Magician's Red, it was all well-deserved self-praise.

Moreover, he seems to know a great deal about Stands, acting as the expert in Standlogy during his journey, and knows about a noticeable number of Stand users.

His Stand represents the first Tarot Card (1) "The Magician," symbolizing the beginning of something. As a professional fortune-teller, Avdol is knowledgeable about the symbolism of the tarot cards which he uses.

He also became well-aware that Stand Users can attract each other, and sense when something odd is happening.

For one, he received a strange fortune a few days ago, which explained that "the world was never forgiving to those who do not follow its flow of time..."

It was truly a bizarre and weirdly individual reading compared to his other fortunes. The last time something like this happened, he met a Stand User, so now he was sure to check anyone who looked slightly suspicious.

And now, DIO was at the great suspicion of being a Stand User by Muhammed Avdol!

This was for one, they were foreigners obviously by their clothing and appearances. The second was the fact that he entered a restaurant, which had a foreigner operating it!

This secluded restaurant was none other than "Gyro in Cairo", a location where a possible User is hiding, selling gyros to random Egyptians!

The owner of it was much stronger than Avdol, at least according to Avdol himself. They became friends after a crazy robber used a Stand to electrocute Avdol near the restaurant. Still, Avdol had never seen the man use a Stand before.

...

As Avdol sat down and ordered his food, he felt a menacing presence from the table the group was sitting at. He was already starting to think if pursuing a Stand User was a blunder, but decided to keep investigating the fortune's prompt he received. For now, he would start with polite questions.

"Hello, sir. If you don't mind me asking, could you be a foreigner visiting as a tourist?"

...

After about two minutes, it was clear that Avdol was being completely ignored, like complete air! Even though the owner was secretly asking for DIO to answer Avdol, he was also experienced and knew what Avdol was trying to probe for.

Still, these words did not reach DIO's ears, as he just sat down, fondling the thighs of the attractive brunette next to him with a creepy smile. DIO seemed to be purposefully doing such actions to make the Egyptian even more provoked.

Due to this, all Avdol was doing was grinding his teeth in anger, and thinking about what his next move would be if words didn't work.

'Should I just use Magician's Red and see if he can see it? That would grab his attention quickly since only Stand Users can see Stands, but that would also expose me! Is he trying to frustrate me!? Maybe I should try once more and...'

As Avdol was thinking about what to do next, he heard the voice of the restaurant owner speak up for Avdol's sake.

"Listen here, if you keep ignoring us, I will have no choice but having to ask you to leave this place!"

As the owner said those words, DIO's plan was already finished being formulated from beginning to end. Everything from now on for the next three hours would go according to plan, and like all good plans to start, it needed an exquisite Pose...

As he stood up, everyone in the room suddenly started to feel great respect for this one man...

DIO!

3