Requiem- Justinian’s Code
42 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Assumptions lead to mistakes." — Heero Yuy

...

The collections of laws and legal interpretations developed under the sponsorship of the Byzantine Emperor Justinian I from a.d. 529 to 565. Strictly speaking, the works did not constitute a new legal code.

Rather, Justinian's committees of jurists provided two reference works containing collections of past laws and extracts of the opinions of the great Roman jurists.

The Emperor Tarot Card shows a man which sits upon a large stone throne, adorned with four rams' heads. It is number 4, symbolizing over-use and abuse of authoritative power surrounding the Emperor.

Cobalt can be also interpreted as unpredictability and unique thinking.

All of these characteristics form to create Emperor Cobalt Requiem!

...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Open Status: {Showing "Main Stand Ability Limits". . .}

...

[The Passion] Abilities : Divination, Precognition, Ripple Transmission

- {Divination: Use cameras, televisions, and other things to perform a form of fortune-telling referred to as spirit photography.}

- {Precognition: Accurately foresee the detailed futures of any blood-related relatives, allowing the user to make their prophecies. It can predict actions from a few seconds later to events in the extremely far future. The ability is not limited to only immediate relatives for DIO. It allows him to foresee the future lives of even the incarnations of relatives in subsequent universes.}

- {Ripple Transmission: Can transmit and conduct any energy including Ripple/Hamon through the vines of The Passion.}

...

[The World] Abilities : Muda Barrage, Time Stop

- {Time Stop: 11 seconds for each time stop at max currently. Max 20 time stops in stamina. After training for over a year. About 18 months approximately.}

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

...

"ORAAA!"

Those were the last words DIO heard before almost being knocked unconscious. He was dazed for a few seconds before Jotaro launched another fist from Star Platinum at DIO's face. The only thing DIO could do was block the hits with The World.

"ORA! ORA! ORA! ORA! ORA! ORA! ORA! ORA!"

"MUDA! MUDA! MUDA! MUDA! MUDA! MUDA! MUDA! MUDA!"

After a long exchange, DIO came to realize that Jotaro seemed fully healed. It was shocking considering that he seemed to have been crushed by the Road Roller!

'The major advantage for I, DIO, was being an Ultimate Being who could naturally heal nonstop, but Jotaro does not have that privilege!'

Still, DIO was not using his full strength because he was feeling nervous about an attack. He was quickly thinking of how Jotaro was able to escape right as time resumed.

'It is impossible that time was stopped, otherwise, I would know, and Jotaro was too weak to use it. Was it Kar's Stand... Does it activate when I attack someone, or is it an Ability which saves someone?'

DIO was feeling slightly anxious, these are the reasons he brings servants, so they can take the hits for him! Now DIO had to think of a plan while blocking Star Platinum.

...

Just as DIO was thinking about what to do next, he noticed someone lifting his Road Roller!

*scrrriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii~~~*

In an instant, DIO found himself missing his legs again! Now he knew who it was because the man was standing in front of him, holding the very same legs DIO just lost!

"I have to kill you...! No matter what... I'll annihilate you! 'DIO'!" Kars said while throwing DIO's legs to the ground.

To DIO, it seemed that Kars had an ability that multiplied gravity and stopped time! But this is impossible since if he could stop time, DIO would know!

There is also the fact that Kars seemed to willingly change places with Jotaro as he was crushed by DIO's Road Roller!

He started thinking about his situation in his head, 'So many questions, so few answers. I, DIO, have never faced such a battle since fighting that memory-erasing Stand. It also seems that my legs have finished regenerating... The secret of his Stand is unknown, but that only further excites me! A boring battle would not be worthy of DIO's Time.'

*scrrriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii~~~*

Next, DIO saw Jotaro and Kars handshake each other, then disappear! When DIO turned around, he noticed they were just standing there, holding his arms and legs!

"Impossible... I watched everything with enhanced vision, meaning you are teleporting or stopping time while attempting to weaken my body!" DIO yelled as he fell to the ground, regenerating his lost limbs once more.

"Yare yare daze..." Jotaro said staring as DIO regenerated at unbelievable speeds. It seemed to only take a few seconds for each arm to regenerate.

After pretending to be fazed by the weak attack, DIO was analyzing the way Jotaro and Kars coordinated their attack. It seemed that DIO and Jotaro had identical abilities relating to time, and Kars had an Ability that could also be related to time.

'Kars cannot stop time, otherwise, I would realize it, and he teleported too fast, it was unnatural. Meaning that either Kars must be touching someone to activate it, or Kars has an ability that could destroy or erase...'

"You seem to have figured it out DIO! Let me tell you about my Emperor Cobalt Requiem! This is an evolution in my Stand which allows me to erase time for 3 seconds! Anyone I touch will enter the time which I erase, meaning only me and Jotaro can move in erased time!"

DIO was shocked to find this type of Stand Ability; quickly ran words through his head:

'This means that Star Platinum was coordinating attacks with Emperor Cobalt Requiem to weaken me, DIO! But that still does not explain how they were able to move so much within 3 seconds of erased time.'

"You must be thinking about how I was able to move so much within 3 seconds of erased time! Well, this is because of my Stand's first Ability being enhanced through the Requiem Arrow! Grande Gravità can also multiply my own gravity! With Jotaro protecting me from your time-stopping Abilities, we are unstoppable! How dare you previously make light of me!" Kars yelled while looking down on DIO. This kind of boasting was starting to infuriate DIO!

"I see... You must have multiplied Jotaro and yourself to have a negative number of gravity, which would launch you here from the mansion... Kars, you are indeed worthy of DIO's Time..."

"Worthy... Did you just say worthy? You are about to die! Quit your arrogant words and surrender to me!"

Jotaro turned his head towards Kars, deciding whether to attack him. Knowing that DIO was still not killed made him refrain from making an early lapse of judgment, so he waited for Kars to deliver the final blow.

"Justinian's Code!"

*scrrriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii~~~*

Unseen to DIO, the ground around Kars was destroyed, and DIO was frozen in erased time. This was the world where only Kars could move.

As Kars was reaching the limits of his time to use his ability, he noticed his shoulder itching and decided to instantly recall his Ability, returning the world to normal.

...

"I see... So it finally took effect!" DIO announced with a devilish grin while staring at Kars scratching his shoulder.

"My neck and shoulder feel uncomfortable like there is an uncontrollable itch... What of it?" Kars said in a voice of annoyance.

DIO was feeling elated, the trump card he was holding for Kars was finally taking effect, and now that it was used, the fight can already be said to be over.

"Fool! Satiporoja beetles are my specialty, I am sure you have heard of them! They can perfectly conduct the Ripple's energy! Those are specially modified with the Spin on their mandibles, and Ripple in their body... Meaning you are already dead!"

"W-What!!! Why is this happening!" Kars was yelling like a maniac while noticing that the shoulder and neck he was itching were disintegrating slowly in a yellowing light. Not only that, but it seemed to be spreading to his entire torso and arms.

"I will not let anyone else have it! Emperor Cobalt, destroy the Arrow!" As Kars yelled to his Stand to destroy the Arrow, he quickly noticed its arms of it had disintegrated into ashes, failing to destroy the Arrow. Slowly, more of Kar's body was also turning into a smoke pile of dark ashes.

After a few seconds passed, Kars was completely gone from the world, leaving behind only a large pile of ashes, meaning that only two Pillar Men remained. The others were still alive because Lisa Lisa and Reimi can't use the Ripple, so DIO would have to kill them later personally.

Jotaro was at a loss, not knowing what to do. This situation was reversed from before, meaning Jotaro was at a disadvantage.

He decided calling for his friends will at least give him a better chance, so he decided to stall for time and wait for their arrival.

"How did you do that... I also feel that itch on my neck, but it's not as bad as... that thing." Jotaro said while looking at the ashes of Kars which were blowing away in the streets.

"You are a pile of shit, Jotaro Kujo, but DIO will enlighten you. I, DIO Joestar, sent insects into your body when you were flaunting my legs which you kept tearing off my body! Since my Beetles can move if touching Kars, there was no way for me to lose! I was waiting for a chance to finally use it after figuring out Requiem's full ability. I am impressed, and will take it for myself..." DIO mentioned while staring at the pile of ashes.

DIO walked over to Kar's ash pile, rummaging his hand, and found the Requiem Arrow. Jotaro just stood there, not knowing whether to attack or walk away.

"Finally, Requiem." DIO looked at the Arrow while smiling. Knowing his mission was finally accomplished made him proud.

DIO brought out his second Stand, The Passion, in the form of a vine on his arm. After staring at The Passion and the Requiem Arrow, he finally decided. DIO held the Arrow in the air and launched it into his Stand's purple vine with an ear-piercing scream.

"Wryyyyy!!!!"

1