Chapter 015- Shanks
314 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

---With shanks---

 

Shanks and his pirate group landed on the Foosha village to replenish their supplies and visit Shanks's late captain's grave.

 

After the execution of Gol D Roger, Garp asked Kong, the Fleet Admiral at that time, to personally bury Gol D Roger's body. Considering the fact that Garp is the hero of the marine and the greatest rival of Gol D Roger, Kong didn't deny his request and allowed him to do so.

 

Garp then took the body of Gol D Roger and came back to the Foosha village to bury him there.

 

Shanks knew that information and that's the main reason for him to come to this small village named Foosha as he wants to pay respect to his late captain and return the straw-hat to him.

 

When Roger gave Shanks that straw-hat, he made a similar promise with Shanks like Shanks did with Luffy that he will return the straw-hat back to him once he manages to become a great pirate.

 

Now that he really managed to become a big pirate, Shanks decided to return the straw-hat back to his original owner and his late captain, Gol D Roger.

 

But in the canon, before he gave the hat back to his captain, Shanks found someone who has the same will as his late captain Roger. That's why, he decided to entrusted that hat to Luffy hoping that he will carry on the dream of Gol D Roger.

 

[A/N: This is just a theory that I found in google. So, don't take it seriously.]

 

---Makino's Bar---

 

Shanks and his party could be seeing drinking beers like they are water while shouting loudly in the bar.

 

"Captain, when are we going to visit you legendary captain's grave?" One of the crew member of the red haired pirate asked.

 

"There is no hurry. We can go after finishing our banquet." Shanks said while chugging down the bottles of beers in front of him

 

While they were laughing and talking, Sarutobi HIruzen walked into the bar in a calm manner. Makino saw him and cheerfully said, "You have started to come less and less to meet me after getting to know that brat Luffy."

 

"What can I say? He is one of a kind. I never get bored while talking to that kid." Sarutobi said as he set his sight on the crew members of the red haired pirates,

 

When his eyes fell on shanks, Sarutobi opened his mouth and said to him, "I never imagined such a big pirate like you come to this small village."

 

Shanks slightly raised his brows at Sarutobi's words as he never imagined someone would recognize him in this small village.

 

"Am I really that popular?" Shanks replied in a joking manner.

 

"I guess you are. After all, you are one of the candidates for the four emperors." Sarutobi said with the same tone.

 

At this time, the four emperors still hasn't been officially established yet. But because of the constant fighting among the pirates in the new world, Shanks has managed to stood out along with other three pirates. And so people started calling them Four Emperors because of the large amount of territory each of them possesses.

 

It can be seen that in a few years of a time, these four pirate would officially be recognized as the four emperors if they manage to keep their undefeated streak.

 

Shanks became slightly serious after hearing about the four emperors as that term is only popular in the new world at this time and there is no chance for someone from the weak East Blue to know unless they visited the new world.

 

"Who are you?" Shanks asked.

 

"My name is Sarutobi Hiruzen." Sarutobi replied.

 

Hearing this name, Shanks became more confused as he never heard of this name. Using his observation haki, Shanks already confirmed that the other party isn't weak. Even though Sarutobi has yet to reach his level, he is undoubtedly a powerhouse closer to an Admiral.

 

But the thing confused Shanks the most is how could such a strong person be unknown. He looked at his vice-captain to see if he recognized the person but Beckman also shook his head at Shanks clearly indicating that he never heard of such a person.

 

In the end, Shanks just shook his head and thought, 'Maybe I just met some super low-key person who has hardly been in conflict with anyone.'

 

"Anyway, if you are here for some beers, you don't have to mind us." Saying that, Shanks started to gulp down the beers left in the bottle in his hand.

 

"No, I am not here for a drink. Instead, I have something to ask of you." Sarutobi asked in a humble voice. Since he needs something from the other person, it's better to be polite than arrogant.

 

"Go ahead. I'm listening." Shanks replied without much of a care. Since Shanks doesn't think Sarutobi is a bad person, he already decided in his mind to agree to Sarutobi's request as long as it isn't too much.

 

"Actually I want to learn haki from you."

 

Hearing Sarutobi's reply, Shanks directly  sprayed out the alcohol left in his mouth and asked in a hurried manner, "Y-You really don't know Haki?"

 

Even though Sarutobi doesn't know why Shanks asked such a question, he replied while shaking his head, "No, I don't."

 

This time Shanks along with some of his crewmates that are good at observation haki was really shocked. They are very clear that Sarutobi's strength is very close to an Admiral. But how could that be possible!

 

If this person in front of them really managed to reach this level without Haki, then his talent is really outrageous. They have never met such a talented person before.

 

'At first, I thought this person might be a genius who has manged to reach a high level of Haki at such a young age and that's why he has such a strong momentum. But now thinking that this is his power without knowing Haki, I really wonder how far he will be able to go after mastering haki.' Shanks took a deep a breath.

 

'Not to mention, we don't know if this person possess some powerful devil fruit. If he does, then he might even be able to compete with me without loosing any ground.' Shanks instantly raised his vigilance for Sarutobi Hiruzen to the top level in his mind. Using Observation Haki, one can only roughly guess the raw power of a person but this doesn't include devil fruit powers.

 

"I agree to teach you but you will have to call me sensei from now on." Even though Shanks is vigilant toward Sarutobi Hiruzen now, he still replied with his easy going attitude.

 

"I'm sorry, I can't do that. But if you decide to teach me, I will owe you one regardless of the result of your training." Sarutobi denied clearly not because he was ashamed to be Shanks's disciple but because he doesn't want to have too deep of a relationship with Shanks.

 

Sarutobi has plans of overthrowing the world government. And shanks with his nosy personality will surely come to stop him if he gets to know that. So, keeping Shanks close to him will be same as blocking his own path.

 

As for shanks, he didn't mind Sarutobi's denial as he only said that part as a joke. After seeing the potential of Sarutobi, he already planned to teach him before leaving this island.

8