Chapter 041- New Devil fruits!
237 1 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sarutobi spent two hours or so with his disciples to teach them. After finshing their training, he said to them, "I have a question for two of you. Do you want to eat devil fruit? Recently, I have managed to get some good quality devil fruits from Hikigaya."

 

After listening to Sarutobi's question, both didn't hesitate much and agreed to eat devil fruit. Even though devil fruit has many disadvantages, it isn't much of a problem for a ninja.

 

The sea water can hardly threaten them as they can use their chakra to directly walk on water. As for being restrained by sea stone, that is even more impossible. Because the sea stone can only restrain the devil fruit power from being released.

 

As long as someone trains their body by wearing a sea stone, over time they would become resistant to it and it wouldn't make them physically weak even if they are restrained with sea stone chains. In that case, even if their devil fruit is restrained, a ninja can easily remove those sea stone shackles using their chakra.

 

That's why, Orochimaru and Tsunade doesn't have much resistant toward a devil fruit even if it comes with some weaknesses.

 

"Since you have decided, come with me. I have specially prepared two devil fruits for you two." Sarutobi said as he led them toward his office.

 

 

.....

 

 

"This fruit is called Absorb absorb fruit. It will allow the user to absorb any kind of energy whether it be physical or mental. You can even absorb other's Vitality, Haki, chakra or any other kind of energy that one might posses. The only thing that you will not be able to absorb using this fruit is other devil fruits or bloodlines.

 

After absorbing, the devil fruit will directly incorporate that absorbed energy in your body to make you stronger and increase your lifespan.

 

Even though this fruit sounds kind of op, there are some drawbacks as well. The most serious drawback is that you can not use this devil fruit during a battle since the absorption only works most efficiently when the other party isn't actively resisting to it. The more serious the resistant, the more time it will take you to absorb from others. If the other party is strong or has very high willpower, the absorption will not work at all.

 

So, if you want to absorb their strength quickly and unhindered, you will first have to knock them out.

 

But even with this drawback, this devil fruit is very strong. I want to give this fruit to you, Tsunade. Using this devil fruit, you will certainly be able to become a strong powerhouse in the future." Sarutobi said while giving the devil fruit to Tsunade.

 

"Thank you, Sarutobi-sensei. Now I don't have to practice all the time anymore. I can spend those time doing some research on my medical ninjutsu." Tsunade jumped out happily as she quickly snatched the devil fruit and gulped it down.

 

Tsunade's happiness didn't last long though as she said with a ugly look on her face while trying her best not to vomit, "Arghhh!!! I have never eaten something so disgusting."

 

Sarutobi just smiled at her antics and said, "Go, eat something sweet. You will feel better. By the way, I will be taking you outside in a few days to let you absorb others and increase your strength."

 

After sending Tsunade off, Saurtobi looked at Orochimaru and said, "This is a paramecia devil fruit named cell cell fruit. I have seen that you have very strong interest in research. So, this fruit is perfect for you.

 

Using this devil fruit, you can permanently change your or someone else's cell. Suppose, you want to get the body of a fisherman. Using this devil fruit, you can simply devour the cell of a fisherman and transfer those cells into your body without needing to change your appearance or other aspect of your body whatsoever.

 

Moreover, if your research on cell is high enough, you can even create more powerful cells on your own. Even if you somehow fail and get some unexpected result, you can simply devour those cells using your devil fruit in order to avoid human causality.

 

So, what do you think? Do you want this devil fruit or change it something else which will directly help you in increasing your strength?" Sarutobi asked.

 

"No, I think this one is perfect for me, sensei." Saying this, Orochimaru directly gulped down the devil fruit. After feeling the disgusting taste, he didn't show much emotion except some slight twitches in his face.

 

"Now that you have eaten this devil fruit, you should choose a bloodline that you want and incorporate it to your body. I think the Uchiha bloodline will be helpful for you. What do you think?"

 

"I have no objection." Orochimaru replied.

 

Sarutobi took out a scroll containing the real body of Uchiha Madara and cut of a piece of meat from it.

 

"Try extracting some cells from it." Sarutobi said to Orochimaru.

 

As orochimaru did as instructed, he managed to comfortably change his cells to Madara's cell without any kind of side effects or backlash.

 

"How do you feel?" Sarutobi asked.

 

"I feel more powerful than before, sensei. And it doesn't seem like I have any other side effects either. But it seems that this fruit has some defects. For example, if I want to integrate other powerful cells in my body, I can't do it easily.

 

If the other cell is compatible with the correct one, it will not be a problem. But if it is not compatible, then I will have do some research on that cell and try to find a way to integrate them myself.

 

But even though that is the case, I don't regret eating it. With this devil fruit, I might really be able to create some cell that will let me live forever." Orochimaru replied with a slight smile on his face.

 

"Since you have such a thought, you can learn from the other scientists that came to this world. I will tell them to teach you everything they know. After Tobirama sensei comes to this world, you can learn from him as well.

 

I know you a true genius when it comes to this kind of thing. So, you will surely be able to reach your goal someday. I believe in you." Sarutobi patted on Orochimaru's shoulder as he encouraged him with his words.

 

Orochimaru's eyes flashed with gratitude and respect  as he heard those words from his teacher. He swore in his heart that he will surely reach his goal and will not disappoint his teacher's trust in him.

 

After sending Orochimaru off as well, he sat on his chair and thought, 'Now that my students are settled. I should think of a way to increase my strength as well. With just training, it will take a very long time to reach the level of IM and the five elders.'

 

'I can transplant Hashirama senapi's gene to speed up the awakening of my bloodline. I should focus on the awakening of my devil fruit as well. I can also eat some other stronger devil fruits to increase my strength. But eating too much will not do me any good. I should choose only those fruit that are powerful.'

 

'Besides this, I will need Uchiha clan's bloodline as well as the Eternal Mangekyo Sharingan and rinnegan is quite op. Haah, so much thing to do. After my meeting with Garp finishes, I will concentrate fully on increasing my strength while journeying with Tsunade and letting her absorb some power from some strong pirates.' Sarutobi thought to himself while letting out some tired sigh from time to time.

8