Chapter 042- Joining the World Government?
243 1 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Welcome to Konoha. Please come with me. Sarutobi sama is waiting for you guys." Nara Shika greeted the ambassadors sent by the marine.

 

"Thank you for your grand welcome. Please lead the way." Tsuru took the lead in communicating with others while Garp and others that came her just followed her.

 

While being led towards the Hokage office, Garp and Tsuru carefully observed the citizens living on this island. 

 

'Every person here seems to have gone thorough some kind of training. From what my observation haki is telling me, this island is full of people not weaker than the elites from the navy. Even the high level power isn't lacking at all.

 

I can sense two people who have higher level of power than the admirals. The most concerning thing is one can go toe to toe with me. As for the other one, even though he is slightly weaker, I don't have much confidence of winning. Even if I win, I would be severely injured.' Garp's face became very serious. He looked at Tsuru and reminded her to be careful.

 

The two people that Garp sensed right now are Hashirama Senju and Sarutobi Hiruzen. Sarutobi specially called all the high level powers to this world including Hashirama and Tobirama in order to showcase a power that is not weaker than the strongest pirates that are contesting for the the title of emperor right now.

 

Currently Sarutobi has the power of early level super Kage while Hashirama has the power of mid level super kage who can easily contend against the fleet admiral from navy.

 

This kind of power will make the marine value Konoha more and will try their best not to be an enemy of them. Moreover, it will also give them more chips during the negotiation.

 

As for the five elder of the government getting wary of them, this should not be possible unless he touches their bottom line. After all, they are now allowing the formation of four emperors in the sea who are not in any way weaker than the konoha.

 

"If what you said is true, then we have to be more careful against Konoha. It is better not to provoke them. As long as we can make them our ally or let them join the World government, it would be the best." Tsuru whispered to Garp in a very low voice in order to not let others hear their conversation.

 

"Can you sense any other powerhouse beside them?" Tsuru asked Garp.

 

"Yes, I do. I can sense at least one admiral level powerhouse in this island. Moreover, there are several powerhouses that should be stronger than a vice admiral but weaker than an admiral. The person who is leading us have similar power level." Garp replied in a low voice.

 

The admiral level powerhouse that Garp is talking about is Tobirama. As for the others that he mentioned, they are early or mid level Kage. After getting the fruit, Nara Shika successfully managed to breakthrough to the Kage level and he is much stronger than before.

 

"Is that so? It seems we really underestimated Konoha. Garp, you should forget about testing their leader." Tsuru suggested to Garp in order to avoid any unnecessary conflict.

 

 

.....

 

 

---Hokage Builiding - Meeting Room----

 

"Please have a seat." Sarutobi greeted Garp and Tsuru as he asked them to take their seats.

 

"Thank you, Hokage Sama. I hope we are not bothering you with our presence." Tsuru said with a sweet smile in her face.

 

"No, no, It's me who is honoured to meet the best strategist in the navy, vice admiral Tsuru. You too, Vice admiral Garp, I am very impressed after hearing all of your legendary deeds. I have always wanted to meet you two since I have known about your legendary deeds." Sarutobi complimented them while keeping a kind and easy going smile on his face.

 

Garp just laughed happily after hearing those compliments while Tsuru replied back, "Thank you for your kind words, Hokage sama. But compared to you, we are nothing. You are so young but has already managed to reach such a high level of power. It is truly enviable."

 

Sarutobi took that compliment calmly as he said, "You are really boasting my ego with you compliments, Vice Admiral Tsuru. If I hear more of that, I might just inflate like a balloon."

 

"By the way, can you tell me about your purpose of visiting us? Even though the fleet admiral said something about negotiation, I don't clearly know the details." Sarutobi asked.

 

"Our reason for coming here is to establish a relationship with Konoha. I don't know what Hoakge sama thinks about joining the world government." Tsuru said with a cautious tone.

 

"To be honest, I do not have any plans regarding that right now. But as long as you can promise me some conditions, I can think about it." Sarutobi replied.

 

"Can I hear those conditions first?" Tsuru asked.

 

"Sure. My first condition is that I don't want to pay any kind of tribute to the world nobles if I do choose to join the world government. Nor do I want any of their presence inside my territory. Even though I don't have any grudge against them, I don't like the idea of any of my citizen bowing to others."

 

"My second condition is that I hope the marines or the world government wouldn't interfere if I choose to increase my territory inside the second half of the Grandline."

 

"As for my third and last condition, I hope to open up totally tax free trade routes with other countries that are in the world Government."

 

"What do you think? Is it possible? If yes, then I have no problem joining the world government" Sarutobi said.

 

Of course, Sarutobi isn't totally planning to be a lacky for the gorosei and other world nobles. The only reason he wants to join the world government is to decrease the worry that the five elders might have against Konoha.

 

Not to mention, joining the world government would come with many benefits as well. Number one is the backing from the marine. Number two is free access to all the sea routes that is controlled by the world government. Moreover, just the economical benefit it would bring to the Konoha by doing business with other countries is huge.

 

On the other hand, if he chooses to stand on the opposite side of the world government, it would bring Sarutobi constant troubles. His dream of developing Konoha into a powerful empire in this world would be impossible.

 

Becasue, a country or empire is very different from the pirates. The pirate can just run away if they find the opponent is too hard to deal with while the empire has nowhere to run. So, if he chooses to be an enemy of the world government right now, there will be no choice but to make the konoha a pirate group if any kind of conflict with the world government arises.

 

So, for Sarutobi, the most correct choice right now is to join the world government and silently increase Konoha's power. When he can have the confident of defending against the five elders, Sarutobi will declare their independence and challenge the authority of the world government.

9