Year 1: Planning
282 3 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Closing the bedroom door behind him, Takashi smiled to himself as he looked at the tense look of the two ladies in front of him. Camilla was glaring at him while Akali looked like she wanted to be anywhere but in a room with him. 

"Scary look you got on your face, aren't elders supposed to treat their juniors with kindness and not death stares?" Takashi asked teasingly, but it only ticked off Camilla even more. 

"We are way past that point, Takashi. Now spill it. Why did you bring us here?" Camilla hissed as Takashi mockingly raised his hands in surrender. 

"Alright, calm down, start breathing. You are taking me seriously that's good." Takashi smiled as he gestured for Camilla and Akila to take a seat on his bed. "I didn't want to startle you like that, but after my doubts on Akali being an infected were confirmed I saw no point in beating around the bush."

Camilla visibly tensed at the mention of Akali's condition but relaxed after exhaling an exhausted sigh.

"Just... Just how much do you know?" Camilla asked as Takashi grinned. 

"Now, you are asking the correct questions." Takashi walked towards his desk and pulled out a bunch of files from his secret compartment and tossed them on the bed between Camilla and Akali. "I know a lot. Almost, everything."

Opening the file, Camilla sighed once again. 

"These are your father's files, aren't they? Don't tell me he just left it lying here." 

"He didn't. I saw a document laying on his desk before he and mom separated, I've known it since then. I pulled these files out of his laptop after I found a window of opportunity. It wasn't that hard considering his password was the name of his favorite pornstar." Takashi shrugged lying out of his ass, as Camilla just made a face. 

"You are awfully crafty for a kid." Camilla commented as Takashi shrugged once again. 

"I could be, but I understand the implications of such matters. Go on, read ahead. It only gets worse. My father is a monster." Takashi said as Camilla stared at him before closing the file. 

"Your father wasn't always like that-"

"I could care less what he was like." Takashi cut her off with an indifferent look. "We have more pressing matters to cover. What happened to Akali? How and when?"

Camilla stared at Takashi, contemplating how to tread with Takashi. She never thought much about Takashi, to her he was just the son of her best friend who would inherit the business from his mother when he grows up. Him knowing about the Harran incident was the last thing she was expecting when she decided to stay at Raya's place for a week. Sighing to herself, she realized there was no point hiding it. 

Takashi knew a lot and hadn't gone insane, and that spoke a lot about the unnaturally mature mentality he displayed. He could handle it and perhaps could give a new perspective. But she wasn't counting on the latter. 

"Father, mother, and Akali were in Harran before the outbreak happened, my father was trying to patch our family together, I was unavailable being in Germany with aunt Anikka so he took the rest of the members for a vacation. Your father was there too, he was working for my father on the project as a head scientist during that time." Camilla began as Takashi folded his hands, listening. "They were out seeing mountains when an accident occurred during an experiment. Father's head scientist, Mr Morales underestimated the strength of a test subject which led to its break out from the facility after it had infected almost everyone."

Takashi hummed to himself as Camilla continued. 

"GRE special ops team eliminated most of the treats but the skirmish had led to the blood of the infected contaminating the river of Harran and thus..."

"Leading to a zombie epidemic." Takashi concluded as Camilla nodded. 

"The government was quick on its toes. After being informed by my father, they cut off the internet, communications and totally isolated Harran blowing off all the entrances and presenting to the world as a terrorist resurgence. It was a very temporary solution to a dire situation. I have no idea what happened during that time frame, but the government decided to bomb Harran to contain the outbreak." Camilla's tone was somber. "Many innocent people died, my father, my mother, and Akali were one among the few people who managed to escape before the city was reduced to ashes."

"How did Akali get infected if they managed to escape?"

"During the evacuation, the senior officer in charge of the boat was bit and infected. Even though I understand that he must have been scared I can't forgive him for his selfishness that almost took Akali from me." Camilla answered looking at Akali who just looked down at her feet. "The man turned during the night and bit my father and then turned to attack Akali. My father managed to stop him but Akali almost lost an eye in the process."

Akali brushed the hair off, revealing three scars that ran across her right eye, starting from her eyebrows to her upper cheekbone. The scars themselves were less of concern as they weren't that shallow but what concerned Takashi was the eye itself. 

It was thoroughly infected. 

Akali had a pair of beautiful sapphire eyes that she inherited from her mother, the left one retained its shine while the right one had lost all of its luster, leaving a sickly pale blue eye. Adding to the horror were the veins in her eye, that had blacked due to the infection running rampant. 

"The infected's blood entered through her eye?"

"Precisely, it happened when my father bashed its head in." Camilla nodded. "After that... it doesn't matter. We lost the contract and they seized our research. Although we managed to suppress both of their conditions with antizin, it's far from a cure. My father... He won't survive for long. But, if I can get my hands on the Progenitor virus, I might... No, I will save Akali. That's why I'm here to negotiate with them-"

"Give up." Takashi replied bluntly. Camilla was startled as she looked at Takashi's impassive state. "That's not gonna happen."

"Excuse me? Are you telling me to just give up on this-"

"Yes. I am. That's not going to happen and you know it well too." Takashi replied. "I'm not telling you to give up on the cure. I am telling banish the thought out of getting your hands on the Progenitor virus, especially from Umbrella's claws."

"What?" Camilla hissed. "Why would I listen to you-"

"Do you know what the original plan was? What the government plan to do with the original Progenitor virus?" Takashi asked folding his hands. 

"To create B.O.Ws, GRE was tasked to-"

"-Develop a chemical weapon of mass destruction." Takashi finished for her. "And now you, want to create a cure for the said weapon. Why would you think that they would allow that?"

"..."

"Let's say even if they allow you to create a cure, you and Akali will be tied back into a situation which you won't be able to climb back out of." Takashi went on as Camilla's thoughts came to a screeching halt. "Don't tell me you didn't think about it? You will be exploited and Akali will be used as a lab rat to conduct more experiments on. You can resist sure but I think they will just eliminate you and then... I think you are smart enough to conclude that on your own."

Camilla clenched her hands as she looked at Akali who stared back at her with a worried gaze. Akali had changed a lot over the years, not only did she learn humility but her second chance made her appreciate the life she had even more, and naturally she didn't want her family to be miserable for her. 

"And these are just hypothetical situations, none of this is going to happen." Takashi interrupted Camilla's train of thoughts which earned him a questioning look. "If you were to make such a proposal I can bet my left hand that you will either die in an accident or disappeared under 'mysterious' circumstances."

"W-Why... Why would you say that? And who would even-"

"Umbrella. Trust me, when I say this, I mean it. This shit is already out of our hands." Takashi said grimly as he pulled out another file. "Umbrella has a huge game plan and the world is going to be their playing field."

Takashi tossed the file to Camilla who reluctantly took it as she and Akali began to read it. Camilla's eyes widened in horror as Akali was petrified to her core.

"There is no stopping the Z-Day."

Takashi disclosed Umbrella's plan to both of the ladies. Umbrella's game plan was simple, in their distorted view, they wanted to create a perfect paradise and they were willing to go to any lengths to make sure it happened. 

On the remains of humanity, they wanted to build their utopia. They wanted to be the gods of this utopia.

------

The shock and horror were gone now, and all that remained in the room were three individuals with their grim and gloom. 

"I... I don't know what to do..." Camilla for the first time in years felt like a child thrown into a dark abyss and there was no hand to help her out. "I can't believe this... I don't want to believe this. I wish my father never agreed to any of-"

"Trust me, as bad as your father can be, this isn't something that could have been avoided if he simply didn't get involved. Perhaps, it was a blessing in disguise, as it gave us more time to prepare ourselves for what is to come." Takashi said as Camilla looked. "If your father didn't get involved, if my father never got involved perhaps we would have been ignorant of this all and we would have been the sacrifices for these pricks with god complexes to build their promised land upon."

"What... Want do you suggest we do?" Camilla couldn't believe what was coming out of her mind. She was asking a 14-year-old for advice on a matter that was going to change her world as she knew literally. The boy in question just smiled gently. He had a plan. "You have a plan?"

"I do. A quite elaborate one too." Takashi said as he sat on his desk and turned on the PC. "Most of my plan, depended on you agreeing to help me and since you have after a few fine changes I believe this will be the perfect plan to ensure our survival and of those, we care for."

"I haven't agreed yet..." Camilla mumbled but Takashi just ignored her. She wouldn't be able to deny it anyway so there was no point in arguing over it. 

"Ever since I learned of the impending zombie apocalypse heading our way, besides my personal training, I have also been keeping tabs on Umbrella's moves throughout the world." Takashi said as he opened a file. "These articles are about Umbrella's sudden rise in popularity and power and just how quickly they are either absorbing or tearing down their competitions in the Pharmaceutical field. Be it small or large-scale industries, they are on a heavy offensive as they want to keep the chance of anybody combating their Virus to a minimum. I believe they have been actively trying to sabotage GRE as well."

"You mean..."

"The defection of my father from GRE to Umbrella wasn't sudden at all. I believe he has always been working for Umbrella." Takashi concluded. "He used Raya to get close to you and get the job of a senior scientist. There is also the possibility that he was the mastermind behind the Harran incident."

"That can't be... That fucker!"

"That just goes to show just how passionate they are for their cause. Besides eliminating their competitions, Umbrella obtained permission from various countries to grow their own private military and in return, they promised them support in case they were ever in a pinch." Takashi added. 

"They are raising dogs to herd the sheep when the shit goes down." Camilla cursed as Takashi nodded. 

"Good, you are catching on. These two have been Umbrella's focal points for the past few years and if we were to take GRE in any further direction then I'm afraid we will be ejected out prematurely." Takashi said with a sour look on his face. He wanted to raise his own private military. Granted he could raise a robot fleet but that could cost him an arm and a leg and that was for the future.

"So, what?"

"We rebrand GRE, of course." Takashi said as Camilla just gave him a curious look. "We use the funds, rebrand GRE and over four years we expand our reach into every other field that is untouched by Umbrella. 

"Information media, agriculture, lifestyle, infrastructure, logistics, supply, etc. Anything and everything. This will help us in numerous ways." Takashi said as if it explained everything. 

"How so?" Akali asked.

"Firstly, with information media, we will stay out of the radar of Umbrella, as we manufacture supplies like food, water, clothing, and weapons on our own in a huge amount. Most of the stuff we will be doing is going to be illegal for sure, that's why we will need people who can keep their mouth shut." Takashi said. "We can then build various shelters across the world and horde our supplies over there. Researching on energy will help us become more self-sufficient when the last bit of human society crumbles down to dust."

Takashi proceeded to show them, a detailed chart on how they should proceed. Over the next few hours, the three individuals went back and forth glossing over fine details of Takashi's plan and working out whatever flaws they could find.

It was risky but it was their best shot. They would surely encounter various problems once they put their plans into motion but they would deal with it once they crossed that bridge. 

(A/N: Please suggest anything else I might have missed out that Takashi and Co. should or could do with the resources they would have.)

"I must say, this was a well-thought-out plan." Camilla smiled as Takashi shrugged. "But it was heavily dependent on the possibility that I would accept your plan. What would you have done if I declined your offer?"

"I knew you were sane enough to not ignore after giving you so much proof and if you still decided not to accept then I would have gone the ol' survivor route. Just my guts and guns." Takashi smiled. "I have a plan B..."

"I always do."

------

Camilla canceled her meeting and instead spent the rest of the time she was in Japan talking and planning with Takashi. 

She had to make big steps with haste and she couldn't afford to waste a single moment and so as soon as everything was planned she went back to Syberia. 

A few days later, it was officially announced that Kazuhira Mitsubishi had passed away and along with him died GRE.

Camilla Mitsubishi officially took over the firm with overwhelming support from the board and her colleagues as the old firm was rebranded, presenting itself to the world with new vigor. 

"...Global Relief Effort has been officially rebranded to 'LINE Foundation' which stands for 'Logistics, Infrastructure, Novelty, Evolution', highlighting the company's renewed commitment to such. On Saturday, Camilla Mitsubishi, daughter of later Kazuhira Mitsubishi and the current CEO unveiled the logo and their plans for the future at the opening ceremony which took place at their new headquarters in Geneva-"

Sitting in his living room Takashi chuckled and clapped along with his overly excited mom as they both celebrated Camilla's success.

Taking a sip from his glass Takashi smiled to himself. 

This was just the beginning. 

17