289. You are online
937 2 34
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

While Ken dealt with G5, Vergo, and Monet, Jinbe and the others gathered the children around. Caesar, seeing everything unraveling swiftly, called for the release of the island's ultimate weapon.

Smiley.

A colossal blob of poison, fed a Devil Fruit by Caesar, granting it a semblance of sentience. It was akin to Zoan fruits having a will of their own. Seeing that his men, including the formidable Vergo, were unresponsive, he ordered his remaining few to set Smiley loose. He intended for the brokers to witness it through the cameras scattered across the island.

This move would draw everyone towards him, ensuring his rescue, for he was bound to be captured. Thus, he unveiled Smiley to the world and dispatched a signal to Doflamingo and the others, summoning them to his aid.

"Luffy, who is this guy?" Robin inquired, finding the boy endearing. Meanwhile, Kinemon's body had fully reconstituted by this point. Unlike in the original tale, it hadn't been scattered into numerous parts, but rather into two distinct portions—one in the cold, and the other in a confined space. Consequently, when Luffy entered, Kinemon regained his corporeal form.

Naturally, Luffy bemoaned the loss of his dream to remain a Centaurus, his frustration intensifying when he encountered Momonosuke. The entitled demeanor of the latter grated on Luffy's nerves, sparking a spat between them.

"This is Momo," Luffy introduced, while Kinemon also affirmed his identity as the boy's father. Ken, though smirking at his words, remained silent.

"We need to depart," Ken urged, sensing Smiley's rapid expansion.

"Shurororoo... You can't leave. Nobody can escape this place because Smiley will consume..." Caesar began, but before he could finish his sentence, Ken struck him with the pommel of his katana and then transported him into his dimension.

"What is he talking about?" Smoker inquired. By now, he and G5 had come to terms with the true nature of the island, and it was safe to say they were appalled. G5, in particular, felt the weight of it, as they were, ultimately, good marines. Most of them had ended up here for defying their superiors' cruel orders, making them, in a sense, good-hearted individuals.

Ken explained what was going on in the island and this made his face ugly. 

"Don't fret. Law might have laid waste to your ship, but we'll provide you with a new one. It's essential to transport the children, as they require urgent medical attention due to their addiction. Besides, your previous vessel wouldn't suffice for their needs, and moving them around here would be perilous," Ken assured.

Smoker, however, was reluctant. "Can't you just teleport us to a new location?"

"I can, but it might be traumatic for the children. My teleportation technique involves rapid travel, which can be a bit taxing on the body," Ken explained. Smoker fell silent, accepting that a new ship would be necessary for their journey.

"Chopper, are you prepared?" Robin inquired through her watch.

"Yes," Chopper's voice came through.

"I'm sending the coordinates," Robin relayed, and in an instant, a circular, yellowish portal materialized. Out stepped Franky, Chopper, and Nami. After introductions, Chopper immediately got to work, armed with all the necessary equipment to combat the children's afflictions.

Given the escalating restlessness and irritability among the children, Chopper administered a small dose of tranquilizer. Soon after, the portal reopened, and everyone found themselves aboard the Merry, soaring high in the sky.

The ship was exceptionally spacious, akin to a floating palace, easily accommodating everyone. The male children gravitated towards Franky, while the females formed a close bond with Tashigi, Nami, and Robin.

As they settled in, Ken, Law, and Jinbe retreated to a separate chamber. Law had come to realize that Ken handled the finer details, leaving the weighty decisions to the Captain.

"Punisher... Are you certain about making the call?" Law inquired.

"Absolutely. He's been attempting to reach Vergo numerous times. It's time to bring closure," Ken affirmed. News of Punk Hazard had spread across the world due to the terror induced by Smiley.

"Ken... If we proceed, we'll be in open conflict," Jinbe cautioned.

"The fuse has already been lit. It's too late to turn back now," Ken asserted, dialing the number. In mere moments, the call connected.

Click.

"Vergo, where in the world are you? Have you dealt with Law? Stay away from the Straw Hats. Your priority is securing Caesar," Ken declared as soon as the connection was established.

"I regret to inform you that your comrade Vergo is no more," Ken stated. The line fell into silence.

"You're..."

"Come on, Doffy... You recognize my voice... Don't play games with me," Ken retorted.

"Punisher Kenny..."

"That's right. Keep going. I can almost see the veins in your forehead throbbing, likely en route here, swinging through the clouds like a Spider-Man," Ken remarked. Doflamingo, indeed, was navigating the skies using the clouds as his improvised bridges.

He almost missed the next cloud when Ken spoke these words over the Den Den Mushi. He hadn't anticipated someone would make him feel this vulnerable so effortlessly.

"Once you touch down here, you'll find nothing but ruins. You'd best return to Dressrosa," Ken advised before abruptly ending the call.

"Franky... Blow this island," Ken ordered after terminating the communication.

"What is a Spiderman?" Jinbe asked as he was listened to Ken and was confused as he had never heard that word. 

"Some who has the abilities of a Spider and can swing around." Ken replied. Franky meanwhile heard the order and readied the railgun. Luffy and others, who were busy with banquet were surprised that Ken would order for the railgun, a weapon they had never used but was always on their minds. 

Luffy wanted to use it long ago but Ken stopped him from taking any such step. Smoker and others were a bit confused but followed them.

"Vivi, am I connected to the channel?" Ken asked the ship was slowly going down to reach considerable height 

"Yes, you are online." Vivi said. 

Announcement
Read 60+ chapters on my patreon
34