295. Call the cavalry, but not for me
537 2 29
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ken tried if he could use those moves of Kaido. Those huge sharp blades from his mouth and since he was flying it meant that he could already use the flam clouds. Seeing that the blades could be used, he had a smile on his face which came out as a loud roar. 

Law was dumbfounded as he couldn't believe that one his alliance man had just mastered the fruit that Kaido had and from the looks of it, this guy could control the power quite efficiently. Ken slowly floated down but this time the transformation was the hybrid form of the fruit. 

The upper part of the face. was filled with pink colored dragon scales and horns from the forehead that went straight up. Just like Kaido. His arms and body were bulging and Ken could feel the extra raw strength coursing through the muscles. He felt more powerful than he had ever felt before. 

Out of habit, he took out the katana from his sheath and for a moment, Ken felt like he could cut through space if it was required. The strength he felt while swinging the sword was enormous, and even a casual swing would send air strike across. 

"This is cooooolll." 

"Ken.. You are so more powerful now. Hahahaha.." 

"Let's have a banquet." 

Everyone was happy and wanted to have a good time while Law was speechless. Ken sat on the side and Law sat beside him. 

"You don't have any side effects?" Law asked. 

"No. The fruit was made by Vegapunk himself and he considers this a failure because it wasn't the same color as Kaido's fruit. But in all other regards, it is a perfect copy. He is a genius." Ken said. Law agreed as he had heard a lot.

"Kaido will be furious if he gets to know about it." Law said. 

"No he will be furious if I end up beating him using his own devil fruit. He thinks he is some kind of hotshot. Will be fun bursting his bubble." Ken said. Hearing the words, Law shuddered. He had heard a lot about Kaido and all the rumors pointed at one thing and that was he was beast. 

There was a saying if there was a one-on-one fight between Kaido and other guy, always bet on Kaido. But now somebody wanted to poke him and make a mockery. He felt like he shouldn't have made that alliance but then he remembered what Ken and Luffy had done in the Paramount War. 

This gave him solace but also a small rush of excitement. 

The ship sailed on and finally Law had the first talk with Doflamingo about Caesar and how he needed to resign from the Warlords position. Doflamingo immediately accepted as if he was expecting this. Law felt it weird but then Ken took the den den mushi. 

Of course, Luffy was going to snatch it from his brother only to be stopped by Ussop and Nami forcefully. 

"Yo, Mingo.. How have you been?" 

There was a complete silence but Ken could easily hear the teeth being gritted. 

"What do you want, Punisher?" Mingo asked, trying to be as cool as possible. 

"Tell the marines who have made a deal with you, tell them that even a single marine comes and interferes, then they can forget the new HQ they have built in the New World. I will destroy it. I know that you have already contacted the marines and you will make a false news about you leaving the Warlords, you can try doing that and the marine HQ will be done. This is a open line so I am sure that the Navy is listening so, you guys should just fuck off. And also Fujitora, don't show up with your blind and hypocritic face in Dressrosa. Mingo, you better listen to my words, or I will show you why you should fear us more than Kaido." 

With that he disconnected the line. Doflamingo, who heard the kacha sound cut the den den mushi in half. He was furious beyond words now. He didn't expect that his meticulous plan just went into flames. He wanted to go and beat the Straw Hats and make them pay but he had no idea where they were. 

His anger lashed out as the room split in many fine pieces. He was already back in Dressrosa so his crew mates came running in. They were already sad with the demise of Monet, but now they saw their captain being super angry.

"Doffy.. Behahahah.. What made you so angry?" 

"Is is the Straw Hats again? The marines are with us and we will ambush them and make them suffer for what they did to Monet." 

"We will be fine Doffy. Ah thinking of help, Baby 5 can you lend me 5000 bellies?" 

"Huh.. You.. Want my help?" 

Doflamingo didn't answer and was just fuming when another call came. 

"Moshi Moshi." 

"Hello, Doflamingo, the marines have decided that we will not interfere in the whole incident, you are on your own." 

Kacha

Everyone had heard the call and this time all the noise they had been making around stopped. There was silence. 

"What does he mean by that?" 

"Why are the marines backing out. They promised us to help." 

"They are traitors. I have always said never to trust the marines." 

"Doffy.. What should we do?" 

Everyone was chirping and asking which made Doflamingo more mad. He proceeded to flip out the table in anger which made everyone silent again. They looked at him and just awaited his response. 

"GET OUT!" 

The crew mates stiffened and then one after another moved out. Even Diamente and Sugar moved out, because they knew talking with him at this point would be detrimental. Maybe the previous call, was something that had pissed Doffy more and the next call more so. They were curious but they needed to be patient. 

"You want a war Straw Hats.. Fine.. I will give you a war." He picked up another den den mushi and dialed. Since there was no way out, he needed to call the cavalry. He was not going to lose just because of this. He had worked hard to build the empire he had. 

Announcement
Read 60 chapters ahead on my patreon
29