Chapter 2: In His Hideout
10 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*Warwick sprinting himself out of the now abandoned black market*

The monster lets you ride on his head upon escaping the scene where he has wreaked havoc. You grab on to his furs upon knowing that you probably want to take caution. Hence, the monster falls down to four feet.

"By the way, who are you?", you asked the monster aboyt his identity.

His eyes have gone skeptical as if he attempts to remember his true name. Unfortunately, his head is aching upon thinking deeply. 

"*Growl* I...... I don't know...... my name....", he responded to your question. 

"You can call me whatever...... you want.... I don't have any titles...... bestowed in me..... *Snorting*", the monster further replied to your question.

Even the monster is struggling himself about revealing his identity. Perhaps there are some explanations why his memories have been shattered. It is best for you to not mind him for now.

"Where are we going, my friend?", you had proclaimed the monster to be his companion.

The monster tries not to hear about the statement. Even though he admires your proposal to him, he tries to act like an animal towards you. He does, however, prefer threatening you more than helping you.

"*Sigh* Will you ever...... shut up.?.... *growl* Your questions...... make me.... hungry more on the inside of me...... grrr.....", he swore about your annoyance.

You have atoned him for your meddlings. You have sat down somewhere on his head upon not going to intervening his current work. The monster seems to be heading back to his own lair, according to your intuition.

*Warwick getting closer to his own lair*

"Listen kid..... *Snorts* Those people call me........ Warwick for no reason...... Heh. You can call me Warwick.", the chimera had finally given his current alias name onto you.

The monster has finally arrived back to his own lair. He opens the entrance which is composed of junk materials which are merely useless for a normal human. Meanwhile, you have gone deeper somewhere into his furs as the useless materials are seemingly dangerous if you have accidentally been hit by it.

*Warwick digging all the stuffs which he buries*

"Heh. Finally...... home....", the monster had entered to his home.

*Inside Warwick's residence*

The monster convinces you to jump off from his head as he wants to carry you on his modified right hand. You quickly follow his instruction which the monster admires your loyalty towards him.

*You jumping out from his scalp and Warwick catches you in his right palm*

"There you go..... human *Snorting*.... I lay you down onto my bed...... Just try not to mess up with my already torn bed..... Would you?", Warwick was planning to leave.

As you look upon the monstrous chimera, you have noticed that there are pumps and tubes which have been installed into his body. You have interrogated him how those materials infuse into his bulky body.

"I do not know...... kid.... *Growl* *Looks up in the ceiling* All I remember was....... *Growl* No.... no... not again.... That..... mad scientist.... *Roars*", Warwick's pumps were turning red upon remembering his past.

Warwick is about to lose his control for everytime he hears that situation. He seems to be traumatized due to his past. Perhaps the pumps are being triggered by his own hatred and vengence. He begs not to inquire him about his own suffering. Meanwhile, you see Warwick is fighting himself in order to control those pumps which are forcing him to take over his body.

"I'm sorry, Mr. Warwick. Please try to get a hold of yourself. I am just a stranger to this world.", you had justified the chimera and also begged for mercy of not killing you.

Luckily, Warwick manages to control himself after you have said to him. He, once again, carries you into his right palm from the bed. He lays you down on the cracked table and he sits himself right in front of you.

*You jumping onto the cracked table*

"Listen kid...... I thank you for your apologies..... *Snorting* But please...... do not me with that..... horrible question..... ever again.... Understand?"  he warned you not to persist with the question which he considered to be forbidden in his book.

You nod upon responding to his own request. Warwick grins as he definitely likes your answer to be fair and honest.

"Heh. *Sniffs gently at you* Yess....... I smell your integrity...... I commend you for that... *Growl* Anyway...... You have entered to my lair..... *Snorting* You already know.... that I have my own rules with regards to my premises.... in here.", he told you that there were some rules that you had needed to follow.

You respond to him that you are going to obey his own rules in order to survive living with the monster. Warwick, on the hand, smiles upon knowing that you are defenseless without him around.

"Alright, human..... I will give you about my orientation..... *Growl* about do's and don'ts within my residence...", Warwick willing gave you instructions.

*Warwick sharing his instruction to you by means of conversation.*

As you have finally done doing the orientation, you tell Warwick that you don't have intention to defy all the rules which the monster has given to you.

"Heh. Good job, human.... *Growl*.... Now if you'll excuse me...... *Snort* I'm going to bring some food...... and eat in here.... you got that? *Growl*", the monster was about to leave.

You have understood about his briefly parting. You convince to him that you are not going to ruin his residence even though you are too tiny to wreak havoc in there..... (or perhaps by wetting yourself into some of his furnitures and upholstries).

"Just remember..... guars this house for me....", the monster left from his den.

*Warwick goes down to four feet and goes out*

You are now alone in his den. You have nothing to do but to decide that you are going to explore his den. The den may look so small but then again it's too big for you now that you are too tiny that you can even fit yourself to enter the ant colony. In other words, your size is the same as the size of an ant. 

"Now what to do within his place?", you looked around his den only to find nothing but filthy mess.

You have chosen yourself to clean some mess for yourself. Even though it may take too long for you to clean entirely, you have planned to start cleaning the crack table first. The only problem you have is about the materials which are necessary for your desired work. It is certain that cleaning materials are too enormous for your to carry it.

*You snap as you have remembered something.*

"Oh right! I almost forgot that I had bought some materials, even thought smuggled, before I got shrunk by that kid.", you dug up from your bag.

Fortunately, the materials have also been shrunk as you as well. Thus, the materials are still useful due to its miniature size to be the same as you.

"I can do this!", you said yourself before you had started cleaning the cracked table.

As you have started clearing the filth from the table, the dusts are being blown away. Those things might harm you but you have decided to continue your work. You have thought that it needs sacrifice just like the monster who has brought you back to his den.

"*While cleaning* Ugh.... my head... But no matter. I must do my best helping his house to be free from filth.", you resumed working on despite terrible conditions that obstructed your duty.

*Few hours later*

You have successfully done cleaning the cracked table where you are currently standing. You look down below the chair. From what you have seen, there is a bed which is besides the table.

"Hmmm..... Maybe I should clean his bed too. I'm sure that monster needs to be more relaxed himself from his hunting.", you didn't hesistate yourself that you had jumped off onto it.

*You jump high as if you are possessing some acrobatic skill*

Upon landing to his bed, you see that there are some furs which are needed to clear out from his bed. You already know that most animals, even him, can shed its own furs in order to replace the old for the newly grown one.

"*You sneeze* Ugh.... Alright, I guess I need to clean it, too.", you didn't wait yourself but to immediately clean his bed without doubts.

While doing your current work, you have thought something interesting about the monster. You imply that Warwick can only sleep himself on the bed through side positions (left or right) and maybe fetal position. You already know that his pumps are the main reasons why Warwick is forced to use those. It is obvious that the pumps are giving him discomfort if he has managed to change his sleeping position. Therefore, he can only choose one position in order for him to slumber properly.

"Even though it is not necessary, maybe I should make him experience sleeping in a more appropriate way, back postion.", you were planning about his bed.

After you have cleared out all the furs and dusts within the bed, you are measuring yourself on how to properly make a hole that can fit his pumps in. You bring out all the necessary materials from your backpack, which you have surprisingly bought, needed to complete your new task. You place all the markings on each corner depending on the size of his pumps. You have already known that there are two pipes have been tied onto his back. Surprisingly, you have measured the exact of those pumps.

*You assemble the holes by forming a draft and sketching the lines*

"There. That should do it. More work for me! (IEven though my head keeps spinning from breathing) *You use a tool to gently make a hole on a matress* *Then turns on the cutter which it can obviously cut the wood in the middle of his bed*", you have hardly made a challenging work due to difficulties on your breathing.

Despite all these numerous work, you have successfully accomplished all the tasks which are almost impossible for a tiny human to complete in utmost time (Or perhaps you are absurdly workaholic).

*After few more hours*

"I'm home kid........ I bring some food here..... *Growl*", Warwick had finally arrived and he brought some food for all of you to consume.

You greet the monster respectfully as he has gone for a certain amount of time now that he has needed to rest himself from finding the food. The monster smiles for you being so loyal for to him. He gladly gives you the food which are suitable enough for you to eat.

*Warwick hands the food into you using his own claw*

"Thank you, Mr. Warwick. I am certainly appreciate your generosity by giving me this food without me being harmed.", you had fomally commended the monster.

"*Chuckles* You make me laugh in there, kid......", the monster remarked you formality.

"We should eat now..... *Snorts* It's getting late.....", Warwick told you to start eating your dinner.

*You and Warwick having peaceful feast and having some comical conversations*

While currently doing your own businesses, the monster asks you where did you had come from.

"It's funny, Warwick. I had come from the town named Warwick. I know I'm shocked myself that the name matches your current identity.", you gave the monster a trivia about your home dimension.

"Hmmm..... I do.... not know..... that I have.... my own..... town..... *Snorting* but I do like.... naming after.... me... *Chuckles*", the monster  was proud of himself after he heard the name of your hometown.

You tell him that you have strangely been sent into his dimension for an unknown reason. Furthermore, you tell him that you are not familiar with the dimension where you have been teleported. The monster has understood your reasoning. He does want to discover himself about the strange phenomenon that is currently going on.

"Heh.... Looks like I'm going to..... *Growls* help you..... *Snorting* on how you can go.... back home...", the monster has decided to help you.

"I do hope..... that you are strong enough.... to live in this toxic city...... *Snorts* Only the strong can take a lethal dose.... in here....", Warwick warned you that the air were too lethal for a human to breath in and he had gone to his bed for preparation to sleep.

You realize that those sudden headaches must be the effect of you breathing the toxic environment. You worry that you might not survive long enough. Inside your mind, you are formulating your plan on how to deal with such problematic atmosphere that can definitely suffocate you in an instant.

"(I must not tell Warwick about this. I need to pretend that I'm strong enough to survive in order for him to help me.)", you pledged that you would not tell the monster (at least for now).

*Suddenly, Warwick feels surprised that he has seen something interesting*

"What the ----- My bed..... it's new.....", Warwick's eyes widened as he had seen his bed almost new.

You jump off from the table in order to see what Warwick has also seen by himself.

"Did you fix *Snort* my bed?", he asked you.

You confirm that you have cleaned his bed. You tell him that you have installed something helpful for him to sleep properly. He can now sleep on his back position that you have made a hole in the middle of his bed. Additionally, you have adjusted the compatibility in order for him to position himself whatever he wants to.

"*Grins* Thank you, human.... *Wag his tail happily* I have never experienced...... anything from a human's kindness..... until now... *Snort* You have earned some of my trusts...... *Growl* human. I can help you..... find your way home.... *Snorts*", Warwick had decided to help you from now on.

You convince him that you must go back to your own normal size before going home. The monster has almost forgetten about your current problem. For now, he is unable to help you because he doesn't know on how to get you back to normal size.

*Warwick feels his furs just to determine the time*

"It's getting late, human..... *Growl* We should take some rest.... *Snorts* I'll give you some foams which you can use on.....", the monster gave you some materials which you had needed to take rest.

As you and the monster have finally laid down on your respective beds, you are glad that someone, though not a usual being, accepts your plead. Of course, the situation definitely takes long enough for you to resolve that kind of problem. You see the night clearly as the stars are shining. Perhaps, there is hope that you are able to go back home.

"Goodnight, human......", Warwick had told you before he succumbed himself to slumber.

"Goodnight too, my new friend.", you responded back to him as an exchange of appreciation.

It is certain that a new day will eventually come for the two of you to handle the next problem.

0