Chapter 127: Beast Of Legends: Divine Avatar (Byakko)
361 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

This time Ren straight away activated his newest skill.

And as soon as he did so changes started to happen immediately.

White fur started to cover the skin on his forearm, his chest, his calves, thighs and it was quite long and thick, but various parts of his body were only covered in thin fur in comparison to his chest and the such.

His legs turned digitigrade like animals' legs and expanded slightly in size bringing him an increase in strength.

But that wasn't, especially in his legs only, but also every muscle in his body. He could feel a slight increase in his strength just as he had

A tail sprouted from his backside and it was a white and black striped tail that Ren felt like he could control quite easily and naturedly.

And finally, just as the transformation was about t be done, his face also changed and white furry ears appeared on it.

Ren had become a humanoid white tiger.

Since he wasn't wearing his shirt, his upper body was fine with his muscles that had enlarged slightly, but his legs were arguably the highest part that got an upgrade. As such his jeans ripped, and his sneakers were wrecked.

Ren felt like his body was way lighter than before despite actually increasing in weight and size.

He felt like the wind was caressing his body slightly as if he was its own son.

*Fuah*

The transformation happened in a few seconds, perhaps due to it being his first time, but as that was happening, Ren didn't forget to keep his awareness on the Ghost Cat monster boss high.

Not that it can do anything against him now.

[Beast Of Legends: Divine Avatar (Byakko, ?, ?, ?)]

That was the name of his newest transformation.

And Ren wasn't an idiot, as he instantly knew what being the Devine Avatar meant.

'Since I'm a white tiger human hybrid now, and its name is Byakko with exactly three open slots with a question mark… that should be a direct indication that is a transformation to the four sacred beasts of the eastern mythology, right?'

Ren was super excited as he kept thinking of this.

He clenched his hands and unclenched them slightly as he felt the newest power coursing through him.

*Shiing*

Surprisingly as he clenched his hands, sharp claws extended from each finger of his.

He looked at them in wonder and excitement.

As for why he was able to observe the changes, the moment he had transformed, the Ghost cat had turned into an intangible ghost and escaped immediately.

It was as if it knew Ren had become exceedingly stronger than it.

And Ren let it go for now.

It wasn't like it could hide from him at any rate.

Even now, he could feel its whereabouts.

He turned to observe his status. As that would most likely explain everything to him in detail.

[Ren (Byakko)]

[Rank:      SSS]

[Strength: SS]

[Agility:    SS => SSS]

[Magic:    SS]

[Traits: - Embrace of Bonds (EX)

            -Weapon mastery (A)

            -Ventus (B) => (SS)

            -Blooming flowers (B)

            -Beast Of Legends: Divine Avatar {Byakko, ?, ?, ?} (SSS)]

              *******

[Skills:

-Chakra (SSS): Medical ninjutsu (S) Summoning technique (S)

-Haki (SSS): Observation (S) Armament (SS) King's Haki (A)

-Flight (A)]

              *******

"Oh?"

He was surprised as he saw his status now. so many changes had happened.

"I'm a white tiger now, huh?" The white tiger, Byakko.

He… kind of liked that. He kept observing the muscles and fur that covered his body and even played with his tail for a bit.

Besides that, Ren was aware that he must be much faster than before, but he thought it should be a slight increase and not a whole rank upgrade.

'I thought it would be something like SS+ at best just like the old man after he became younger and stronger,'

Ren was talking about whitebeard who couldn't break the limit and enter Ex rank.

'Perhaps that rank was a dividing line for the superheroes and much harder to cross then,'

Ren considered it like that for now.

At any rate, he had gotten to SSS rank with this transformation, and just like his hunch from before, it seemed like he was correct.

This transformation trait had three more he could turn to, but for some reason were locked for now. But nonetheless, his speed now has entered the SSS rank and it resulted in his overall rank increasing.

'Now I'm one step closer to my goals…'

He had a satisfied look on his face.

Besides the new rank being SSS rank and also the second strongest trait of his, this was just the first step of it.

And this transformation to the white tiger Byakko didn't bring just the stat increase and slight strength upgrade.

No, it appeared that Byakko was also deeply invested in the wind domain, so much that his Ventus trait increased from B rank to SS rank while transformed.

At any rate, now that Ren understood things, he needed to try it now.

*Heh*

He stepped lightly on the ground and the next thing that happened was his form being engulfed in green energy, and then he vanished.

When he appeared next, he found the Ghost Cat still running frantically.

he grinned and covered his hands in haki before he jumped at it and swiped his claw at it.

five air blades shot at the monster as if Ren had ripped the space and sent them.

As soon as they reached near the cat, it started to react to it, but before it could change its body and become intangible, pain shot through it as all five blades impacted its giant body.

*Gruahh*

Ren grinned as he had just used a casual attack of his.

But he had to say, his arms looked quite good as they were engulfed in Haki.

he kicked the ground once again and got near the Ghost Cat that was rolling on the ground with five deep gashes on its body.

As expected, its defense wasn't really that high, but only its speed was adequate somewhat. not to say it was that weak, as it could take some of his attacks.

Too bad for it now, Ren had become stronger and faster so it wouldn't be able to escape.

As it noticed Ren it once again attempted to escape, but Ren just chuckled at it.

"If I let you escape, would I be worthy of being called a divine beast right now?"

Just as he finished he started to attack it.

He was going to make it his training partner as he got used to his transformation.

*Bam*

And then another attack was launched.

**********

A while later, Ren finally decided to kill the Ghost Cat.

"As expected of an SS rank monster, it's still alive,"

Ren was certainly impressed as even though he didn't want to kill it, it had survived various abilities of his so far.

but now he was going to kill it.

*Gruahh*

the Ghost Cat boss monster that was already half dad uttered a cry of pain.

Ren then decided to end its pain.

he brought forth his spear and spoke.

"You can now rest…"

He easily manipulated it around his arm as he spun it faster and faster before suddenly he jumped at the sky, and in one motion while continuing its spinning fluidity, he continued on to swing it and deliver a huge wind air blade powered with his haki.

the air blade instantly reached it and cleaved it into two along with the ground under it.

Its eyes lost their brightness not much later, and a huge scar was left marring the place.

*Fuah*

He landed back on the ground shortly after.

'I'm satisfied with today's training and experiment'

He felt like he had done his best to get as accustomed as much possible to his new abilities in the short time he had, but he did think to himself that he would do more training later back in his own city.

His transformation then receded, and Ren was back to his human form.

When he looked at the ripped jean that was barely hanging around him and his bare feet, he chuckled to himself and didn't mind it much.

He then brought a couple of pieces of clothing and even new sneakers out shortly after and wore them.

It was good that he had a storage space where he could hide things he needed and he never forgot to restock those things.

Finally, he got out of the gate through the portal that appeared next to him, and once he took his own things back from the bureau nearby, he suddenly saw that his phone had many notifications.

Now that he thought about it, he brought his own system notifications that he had silenced before due to entering the gate.

He usually only silenced the group since they talked a lot and the notifications were annoying, but he did leave the private messages on.

But inside the gate, he turned everything off, lest it would be dangerous to him in a tight situation.

Now that he activated them back, he was suddenly flooded with notifications in his group and his private section.

"Did something wrong happen?"

Ren was perplexed and turned serious immediately.

Most of those notifications on his phone were from Sakura and Tsunade, meanwhile, in the system, it was Tsunade who called him privately, and in the group, it was Tsunade mainly and the rest of the members two since a mission had appeared.

Ren read her messages that basically told him to come find her in the place they had the meeting with Minato earlier, and he decided he wouldn't bother wasting anymore time now.

He had a feeling things were about to get messy.

Ren hurriedly activated his flight skill and quickly flew back.

**********

-Discord:  https://discord.gg/vBTuBmapYP

-Special thanks to *"Arun"* ; *"ShadowFangus"* ; *"Coby"* ; and *"Shoto Todoroki"*

-Read advanced chapters ahead of the public release:

https://www.patreon.com/ThighsSeeker

6