Chapter 12 – Gangs are so poor
649 4 31
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

3rd POV (Makenzie) 

Waking up early in the morning Makenzie stretched his sore body and quickly did a once over of his body looking for something. Starting from his shoulders and arms Makenzie worked his way down until he got to his calf’s. Along his Calf’s were more purple bruising confirming a worry Makenzie has had since his first outing as Reaper. ‘So, there is a correlation between the strength I use when transformed and the strength I have naturally.’  

Calmly thinking over the situation Makenzie decided that the only thing he could do was strengthen his body as much as humanly possible. Right now, he doesn’t have the resources to make serums or other methods to strengthen himself. ‘Although now that I have characters like Sombra and Genji sneaking into Oscorp shouldn’t be very difficult.’ Debating over the possibility of stealing from Oscorp Makenzie decided to temporarily put the thought aside until he had secured the necessary safety measures to start working. From what he remembers from the movies all the Oscorp projects and serums come with major drawbacks and Makenzie would be damned if he let himself turn into a bald lizard.  

Making his way to the roof Makenzie checked on the power of his hard-light generator and saw that while slow its power levels were steadily increasing. Making sure it was secured and wouldn’t be seen Makenzie soon turned into Genji before making his way over the roofs of Hell’s Kitchen silently. Last night while he looked over the area, he also mentally marked the areas where criminals and gang members frequented. After all, without a legal identity it would be much harder for Makenzie to make money. Therefore, he planned to rid the area of crime while also improving his living standards, a win-win for everyone.  

Tracing his route from yesterday, Makenzie soon arrived outside of a nightclub. What the police had yet to find, however, is that underneath the nightclub is an illegal fighting ring. This ring was Makenzie's first target. Caring a black bag to store money and other things he finds Makenzie Moved towards the rear of the club, he didn’t bother trying to sneak inside. He might not be ready to fight HYDRA or take on some of the bigger threats that exist on the planet. But he no longer needs to be afraid to act with the power he has now. Especially not against simple criminals. 

Plus, it works to his advantage if he can start to build up a positive reputation among the people of New York. Although he was sure the media would try and twist his influence to be negative but that only works when you have solo unexperienced heroes like Peter, and Makenzie isn’t alone nor inexperienced. He has a whole team of professionals ranging across the board to help him in any situation. Stepping in front of the back door Makenzie walks up and places his hand on wear the lock would be before using a one-inch punch to snap the lock. {Crack} Watching as the door shot open and slammed into the wall Makenzie gave a dry laugh.  

He may have all the memories and experiences, but it seems he will have to use the character more in order to gain complete control over them. Coming out of his thoughts, Makenzie can hear the loud sound of people running and shouting as they approach him from down the corridor, he was in. Choosing to take a proactive approach Makenzie lowered his body and dashed straight down the corridor flexing his hand as he went caused 3 shuriken to pop out of his armor into the space between his fingers. Twirling them as he ran to adjust himself to their weight and speed, Makenzie suddenly threw them forward and watched as the shuriken twirled through the air before squarely hitting 3 thugs who turned the corner right as the shuriken reached them. Ignoring their screams of pain Makenzie continued moving, flexing his hand once again as he jumped towards the wall while turning to face the corridor to his right. Landing Makenzie threw his shuriken once again vertically hitting 3 more thugs and continuing to move.  

As Makenzie moved, he reveled in the sensation he was feeling in his body. While the mechanical parts were weird and slightly uncomfortable to move, they made up for it with the power they could output and the natural defense he now had. Continuing to run Makenzie ignored the bullets shot at him that harmlessly bounced off his armor and dashed into the spectators' stands before moving further upwards to where the V.I.P section was located. Taking out anyone in his way, it wasn’t long before Makenzie was in front of the door leading into the biggest V.I.P box.  

Breaking the lock without destroying the door this time, Makenzie entered the office before he started to look around for any valuables. Pocketing a handful of gems and other materials, Makenzie eventually found a safe hidden behind a painting on the wall. ‘How cliché.’ Shaking his head Makenzie used his Wakizashi to slice through the outer layer of the safe before grabbing the money inside and stashing it into the bag he brought with him. Exiting the room, Makenzie backtracked his way out of the building collecting his shuriken’s and the thugs' guns and other valuables. While tonight he should be fine to make a barrier using hard light, he would need to start making proper equipment soon and any materials he can get his hand on are too useful to be left behind. The fact that the hard light generator needs to be recharged and Makenzie cannot simply cancel his transformation and retransform to get another full battery means that most likely all the supplies his characters come with are limited.  

Exiting quickly Makenzie returned to the tailor shop before taking out a laptop he stole from the club and hacking through all the files and information as Sombra. Removing anyway for it to be tracked he started to play around with the computer testing and improving his skills as Sombra rapidly as he fully integrated her into himself. Soon he took himself to the dark web and searched through for information on Mutants. And sure enough, Mutants do exist in this universe. However, as he read, he realized that the number of Mutants showing up was extremely small compared to what it should be. At least what it should be going by the X-Men movie timeline. Not only that but the White House incident hasn’t happened meaning Trask and his Sentinel project are still around. As he looked through all the information, he found on Mutants Makenzie concluded that the reason the public has been kept in the dark about Mutants is that they could be kept in the dark.  

In the original timeline Mutants were far too numerous to sweep under the rug and with Magneto working to take over the world the governments chose to use Magneto to villainize Mutant’s. However, with their smaller numbers and no major public activity from Magneto the governments chose to keep quiet about the existence of Mutants instead. But it was clear as Makenzie searched that this wouldn’t last much longer for 2 reasons. One the number of accidents reported from awakened Mutants has tripled compared to the number from a year ago and that number is still increasing. And second, while there are no videos there are talks of a group of Mutants going to labs and rescuing Mutants. 

Makenzie wasn’t sure which group of Mutants it was but if he had to guess based on the fact that there were survivors it's probably the X-men. Magneto’s repulsion towards humans ensured he wouldn’t leave a survivor if he could help it and if he just wanted to spread the word that Mutant experimentation wouldn’t be tolerated any longer, he would have sent it himself. Based on the dates concerning the attacks and the limited description of the attackers the X-men have been active for about a year and only has a few members Logan, Jean, Scott, and Storm. As he continued looking, he saw a post from about 5 months ago warning people to steer clear of Westchester County.  

The poster was part of a group of mercenaries who had tracked a Mutant but once they arrived in the County the next thing, they remember is waking up naked in times square. Under that post there were a lot of other comments on similar situations and people have concluded that Westchester is the domain of an extremely powerful mental Mutant. Done reading Makenzie quickly stood up and dismantled the laptop into usable parts before leaving the store to go raid more gangs. If before Makenzie was in a rush now, he was in a mad scramble. Mutants are game changers, people capable of killing hundreds with mental commands and another capable of causing an apocalypse if given the power source meant Makenzie needed counter measures prepared now. (An: Power mentioned above is based off the movies Makenzie has seen) 

Even if it isn’t to protect himself from the Omega level Mutants from the movie even a more minor ability such as lie detection right now could completely crumble everything Makenzie has. Thinking quickly as he travels Makenzie reviews his current options before coming to a decision.  

… 

2 hours later after cleaning up small gangs ranging throughout Hell’s Kitchen, Makenzie is currently in his bunker typing away on three different laptops scrolling down continuously creating file after file before uploading them onto the internet. Makenzie is making an identity for Mercy. After careful consideration Makenzie decided that his best option was to get a job at Oscorp. Of course, the job is temporary, and the only reason Makenzie even needs it is, so he has the time to download all Oscorps files. Originally Makenzie planned to break into Oscorp and steal things in parts until he had everything he needed.  

But with Mutants on the playing field Makenzie isn’t confident in his ability to slip past Oscorps security. After all someone in Norman’s position wouldn’t be unaware of Mutants and if he were to hire Mutants to catch Makenzie anything could happen. So, the safer option for now is to get a job and then use the inventions he can now make to attract Norman and get investments for his projects. This process would normally take a long time, but Makenzie hacked into Oscorp briefly from an abandoned warehouse and found that the military is putting more pressure on Norman recently to complete his super serum project. Makenzie plans to use a very weak gene strengthener to garner Normans attention before focusing on developing ways to protect his mind.  

It’s greatly annoying to Makenzie, to have all this information and technology at his fingertips, but he isn’t able to do anything with it besides building a makeshift barricade over the door of his bunker. Stepping away from the computer Makenzie stopped working so he could take a minute to gather himself. Tranforming into Genji Makenzie took a few seconds to adapt before kneeling on the ground and taking deep rhythmic breaths. This was Makenzie’s first time meditating and honestly, he wasn’t sure why he decided to start but he just had a feeling that it would be helpful in his growth to take a few hours a day to just sit down and relax his mind. As he sat there unmoving besides the constant rise and fall of his plated chest Makenzie felt like his body was becoming lighter by the second.  

With his eyes closed he seemed to get sucked back into the Overwatch world and live through the Apocalypse again. But this time instead of playing an unwilling spectator he was Genji. Every feeling, every experience, every regret, every resolution and his final ending Makenzie saw it all from a first-person perspective. The more he watched the more obvious the feeling of lightness in his body became. As he arrived near the end of Genji’s journey Makenzie felt like his body had been soaking in a hot spring for hours. Standing up and listening to the groaning of his bone and metal joints Makenzie looked at the clock on the wall only to panic slightly at seeing 4 hours have passed. But that was soon washed away and replaced with a feeling of tranquility coming from the core of his person.  

Moving to the stairs Makenzie moved silently just like he always did as Genji but the difference this time is that he wasn’t aware of his own silence. Makenzie felt no difference in his current form than he did for his real body. Hopping up on the roof, Makenzie looked towards Metro-General Hospital before hopping silently through the streets, stopping any crimes he senses on the way. He had somewhere important to be tonight.  

 

(An: This is another novel I started just for fun. I’m thinking of using it as like a bonus if we reach a certain number of power stones within 24 hours or something similar. Its Darth Vader in Marvel and heres the first chapter so let me know what you think.) 

 

Chapter 1 – Finally at Peace 

 

“Tell your sister, you were right.” As I finished saying my final words to my son, I slowly leaned my back onto the ramp I laid upon and closed my eyes. Finally, finally I would be free of all the sins I carried upon my armored shoulders. As my life faded away my son's voice became but a whisper in my ear as my mind slowly started to drift back into the past.  

I watched my life go by through the third person from the first moment I could recall. My first memory was of my third birthday where I watched how my mother, as a slave, was treated. Mother had requested a day off for my birthday, but guards had stormed the shed we were celebrating in and had dragged her out to beat her. They claimed she made no such request and well everyone knows a slave never goes against their master if they value their life. As I looked at this memory it suddenly occurred to me that my mother didn’t value her life. I mean how could she. Forced to live her life at other people's bidding. Now as I watched my mother stifle her cries, I realized she had done it for me. She for years suffered such unfair treatment just so that she could provide and raise me into someone who could become something more than a slave on Tatooine. 

And how great of a job I did repaying her. Instead of being a slave I became a slaver. Forcing the people of the galaxy to except Palpatine's rule fully believing in the lies he told me. And even when he had proven himself untrustworthy by letting Padme die, I still chose to only obey. At first, I was just too weak and had to adjust to my mechanical body, severely limiting my ability but even afterwards I repeatedly followed the emperor's will and hunted down whoever he told me to...No. Who am I kidding at this point? I hunted down the people he pointed at not because I was following his will but because I was trapped within a cell holding my hatred towards the Jedi and I couldn’t get out of it. Since I put on that suit, I became nothing more than the galaxies personification of hatred against the Jedi. If the Jedi were mentioned nothing else mattered. Hiding behind citizens just kill them what do their life's mean if I get to the Jedi faster. And even as the empire’s technology continued to progress. A Jedi on Geonosis you say? Well, what are you waiting for, just bomb all the cities on the planet, who cares? As long as the Jedi dies. 

Truly pathetic. However, I don’t regret my decisions, just the actions that I took. The Jedi order had become useless, obsolete, falling continuously lower as time passed and the clone wars continued to wage on. Many like Ahsoka fell victim to the orders failures and as a result the once prosperous peacekeeping order of the galaxy became no more than the foot soldiers of politicians. Change was necessary, the thinking the council adapted during the war had been far too hypocritical. Speaking their words about balance and peace before going to fight on planets with millions of innocents without care for the damage they would cause. If a politician said it needed to be taken that was the end of the story. There so-called Jedi code was tossed out the window in favor of violence and death on battlefields.  

Focusing back on my memories, I saw my confrontation with Obi-Wan on Mustafar. Now this, this I regreted. I found it hard to believe, how I could so quickly disregard everything I went through with Obi-Wan and fight him to the death. How I could let my judgement be so clouded that I would kill Padme simply because she walked down from the same ship as my former master. I would never forgive myself for depriving my children of a chance to experience the unconditional love of a mother like I had. But what I regreted most of all was, not understanding the fucking advantage of having Highground. I mean really, I watched my dumbass as I told Kenobi “You underestimate my power.” just to be cut in half a second later. God how the dark side cheated me.  

... 

For what felt like hours I continued to watch my life. From marching the 501st into the Jedi Temple, to slaughtering the younglings, to killing Obi-Wan, to fighting Luke, to ending the emperor and his reign of terror, and finally to the scene which I place as the second most important of my life --right behind Padme in certain situations--, my unmasking and finally being able to truly see Luke. I still feel immense pride when thinking of everything my son has done. My only regret was not being able to see Leia without that blasted mask covering my face.  

Watching my last moments in what felt like slow motion I sighed to myself and prepared to move on to the afterlife. I could feel the will of the force around me, it gently rubbed my body just as it had back when Qui Jon Ginn had first found me. I knew what it wanted from me, to leave behind a remnant of myself in the universe so that I could guide the later generations. However, I couldn’t bring myself to do what It asked me to do. I had failed! As much as my stand against Palpatine could be considered “fulfilling the prophecy”. I failed when I let order 66 begin. I failed when I stopped Mace Windu out of my own selfish desires, and I failed when I allowed myself to slaughter the next generation of Jedi. I was no chosen one, no matter how the story will be told down the line in history books I know what I am. I am a traitor and failure. Someone who could easily forsake everything I have in my own anger. Therefore, I had no desire nor right to leave behind any part of myself in the galaxy. 

Sensing my emotions, the force around me seemed to grow more delicate as if coaxing a child and finally I decided I would make one last appearance before moving on. I split off a part of my memories which quickly took the shape of myself during the clone wars. My spiritual clone was quickly taken away by the force and I waited patiently floating about in space for its return. During my drift through space, I travelled past stars and planets and through asteroid belts and plasma clusters, basking in the unending beauty of the universe. 

Eventually my clone returned and rejoined with my body. Closing my eyes ready to accept my death I expected the force to separate from my being allowing my spirit to die before once again joining the force as pure energy. However, the inevitable end never came instead I once again found myself feeling. It was as if I was piloting an out-of-control StarCraft constantly swerving up and down, left and right. And then it all stopped before I started Falling. 

Looking around quickly to access the situation, I noticed that I was in space under what looked like a warship but not one I could recognize. That didn’t particularly surprise me, with the size of the galaxy it would be impossible to keep track of everything. However, looking at the advanced technology the ship used I’m surprised the empire never ran into them during our conquest. With technology like this they should at least be a multi-galactic civilization. Noticing the incredible number of soldiers on what looked like modified hovercraft along with some weird worm/dragon looking creatures that resembled space worms but were much smaller going past me. I controlled the force to turn myself around and saw a portal leading to another planet under me. Ah I see then, I’m in the middle of an invasion. Looking around I couldn’t see any device that should be needed to stabilize a portal of this size. Meaning that whatever opened this portal came from down below from either a smaller scale invasion sent to infiltrate or from a traitor. I Frowned slightly at the thought of a traitor betraying his whole race to another's simply to preserve their own survival. I find scum like that to be the most pathetic type of people in the whole galaxy. Those who give away even the core of their being just to survive in my opinion can’t even be considered alive. There being so dictated by ensuring they survive that at best they could be classified as a rabid beast. 

Well, nothing can be done while I float out here best, I get to the ground as soon as possible. Even if this is some hidden part of the galaxy in the outer rim there’s no way that it doesn’t have at least some form of intergalactic communication and mentioning I’m a Sith should prove sufficient to get me what I need without worry. I started to call upon the force to prepare for acceleration only to be surprised at the ease the force was coming to me and... WAIT was the force flowing through my mechanic parts as well?! Paying closer attention as I moved the force behind me and released it using the momentum to shoot me through the portal. IT WAS! My connection to the force is back! Just like when I was a Jedi. Feeling the power at my fingertips, the power I had looked for and struggled to regain ever since becoming Darth Vader, I felt alive for the first time in decades. My joy was so great it even overpowered the constant pain and suffering my suit causes me. It felt so great that for the first time in nearly 55 years I opened my mouth and let out a laugh  

“haha. HAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAH!!!” Laughing, as I made my way towards the ground, I observed the primitive city below me that was the focus of this invasion. From my vantage point in the sky, I saw a large tower where a device that connected to the portal in the sky stood. So, then that’s the stabilizer. Looking around some more I see individuals fighting against the invasion using unique technology and bazar abilities I’ve never seen. Hell, there was someone in a spider costume jumping around shooting webs at people in order to stop them from being injured.  

Looking at the approaching ground I decided to see how strong my new connection with the force really was. 500 meters. If it was the old me, I’d need to start gathering force here if I wanted to survive the landing but not now. 200 meters, not yet. 100 meters, I can still hold on. 50 meters. Now! Calling on the force the response was instant the force gathered around me in such great quantities that I didn’t even need to use all of it to land. Landing safely on the ground in a kneeling position I slowly rose to my full height and noticed that a group of three were making their way towards my position. It would seem my entrance to this world wasn’t exactly stealthy and in hindsight it was probably a stupid idea to start laughing while falling to a planet that isn’t mine. But oh well I’ll explain the situation to them when they get here and if they can fight on this battlefield then they must have unique abilities like the spider. So, they should hold significant power on this planet. Everything should work out just fine. 

31