Chapter 31
212 2 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

AN: No chapter tomorrow, the university sucks in every way, but I want money so I have to study.

Today's chapter was delayed because the power went out, now I sound like those authors who make an excuse every few chapters but it's true :p

 

...

 

"*Haa*" Lima sighed as he looked at his new patients.

There were about 30 injured people, some with broken bones, some missing limbs and others were on the verge of death.

The intruder had suddenly appeared inside the institution, which should not be possible due to the poisonous fog and illusions, it is basically impossible to pass through the forest and reach the institution by conventional means, much less sneak into the school without alerting anyone....

No matter what, you have work to do...

It seems that several children died in all this, and it is normal, only the exceptional seniors could face a High Red Rank and that's if they are in a group because if they are alone you wouldn't have a chance.

People like Flora Flumin or Alex were anomalies due to their high talents, Flora graduated being the strongest student in the whole school in all of history, and although Flora's presence covered it up, Alex was in no sense weak if he was a noble and had a large amount of Mana maybe he could have been on par with Flora or close to that.

Although it hadn't been many days since school started, the staff had some expectations of Sofia, but although she possessed a great talent with Outer Mana and its control, not being able to see was a great disadvantage for her.

Then there was her guardian Nemu Kumoshi, Sofia's guardian, honestly the staff didn't expect much from her, more so knowing that she comes from House Kumoshi which is known to be a Cursed House, but she proved that she wasn't a total waste, while she didn't have Sofia's insanely high amounts of Mana, she made up for it with very advanced Mana wit and control, not only that, but also good control over Inner Mana in her arms and legs.

While they are strong for people her age.

They are nowhere near the strength of n Red Rank, nor are they even close to Low Yellow Rank.

"*Haa*" Lima sighed again as she concentrated on her work and went back to healing patients.

Some other nurses were doing what they could with their Healing Magic but only Lima could get some results.

Everything would be easier with elves... but noooo... "we can't let elves into the school they could be spies"... director suck it up... Lima thought with annoyance.

 

***

 

The headmaster of the Royal School was taking a long drink from a bottle of wine.

Today had been a disastrous day.

Not only had they damaged the school's pride.

Not only had they killed and hurt many nobles.

Not only had they been cheated.

They had been humiliated in every way, the staff had done a lousy job, not that he hadn't done much either....

He would possibly be dying of stress right now if it weren't for the wine.

The school works outside the order or influence of the King and Nobles, so they have no contact with each other and don't know what's going on inside the school, that factor, that measly factor is the only relief the headmaster currently has.

When the school is over and Nobles come out injured, limbless, and some dead or missing....

What am I supposed to tell the King?

What can he do to calm the anger of the Nobles?

Luckily no royalty died, that would have been catastrophic, in the hypothetical case that a prince or princess died and the Kingdom finds out....

"Ugh."

Better get away from those thoughts I'll think of something to solve the situation... Thought the direct.

Looking down at the paper on his desk he had a list of people dead or missing.

There were about 9 dead and 2 missing....

But he wasn't worried about the dead, hell no, he was worried about how a monster could get through the supposedly impenetrable school and that nobody would notice until it was too late...

He sent the staff to investigate every nook and cranny of the school but they found nothing out of the ordinary?

Almost as if the monster had appeared inside the school....

But that's ridiculous.

"Screw it, I give up, I'll double the security and give a bullshit speech, I won't complicate my life..." Murmured the principal as he leaned back in his chair and drank from the bottle again.

 

***

 

Slowly the eyes of a white-haired girl opened...

Looking around she could see a long meadow with beautiful flowers and very tall trees.

The wind felt fresh.

Looking up to see the blue sky with its clouds and some birds flying peacefully...

"Until you finally wake up..." Said a soft voice behind her.

Turning his head as fast as he could he came across....

A woman with black hair and black eyes, her skin was chocolate colored and she had a scar on her right cheek. The woman was dressed in only a pure white garment, it even seemed to glow a bit....

"Who... are you?" I asked as I looked the woman in the eyes, I couldn't shake the feeling of nostalgia in my heart... as if I had seen her before but couldn't remember it.

"That should be my question...and before you ask, welcome to my...prison? Home?" the woman replied with a soft smile and a shrug of her shoulders.

"W-well, let me introduce myself my name is Sofia Flumin and yours?" I responded with a small bow towards the mysterious woman.

"Nice to meet you Sofia, my name is Amanda."

 

...

9