Chapter 89: The Missiles Scour the Ground
1.2k 6 26
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ye Bai had lived a leisurely life since the incident with the Red Hulk.

Tony Stark was busy developing the "Anti-God armor" and kept himself buried in the laboratory, but the progress he made was very small.

Nick Fury of S.H.I.E.L.D. apologized to Ye Bai and never came again. He had already realized that Ye Bai didn't like to be disturbed.

During this period, only Thor came to see Ye Bai once.

Because his girlfriend Jane Fox went abroad to do research and Thor had nothing to do.

But because of Hela, Thor didn't stay for long.

He was now uncomfortable, and a little intimidated by the sight of Hela.

After all, Thor remembered his previous beating at Hela's hand very well.

"Let him be, he can do whatever he wants." Hela had said this about Thor.

Asgard was now completely under her control and she didn't need Thor to take anymore responsibilities.

Thor could pursue a happy life according to his preferences. In fact, she didn't have much hope for this stupid brother.

She just hoped that he wouldn't humiliate Asgard too much.

Ye Bai didn't think too much because he didn't plan to intervene in the matter between the two siblings.

With this time, it was better for him to plan on how to convince Hela to not cook again in the future.

One kitchen god at home was enough. There was no need for another.

However, it was obvious that Hela was still very enthusiastic about cooking, and he was not expecting her to give it up anytime soon.

Unlike the peaceful life of Ye Bai and Hela, the world outside was getting more and more chaotic.

The impact of the Battle of the New York City was definitely more than simply destroying half of the city.

This battle also announced the beginning of an era, an era dominated by chaos.

After the battle of New York City, most ordinary people panicked. They panicked about the end of the world.

This panic was very easy to understand. It was a bit similar to the trauma of the post-war period. These people panicked because they had no sense of security in their hearts.

As a result, the current world order was very chaotic, and the crime rate was increasing.

Especially in the United States, because this was the main battlefield, and it suffered the most in the Chitauri Army invasion.

Overnight, the number of gangsters in New York City nearly tripled.

The probability of various terrible attacks also became much higher than in ordinary times.

For example, in one of the news reports that Ye Bai saw, a stadium in New York City was bombed.

There were nearly 100 casualties. The scene was so tragic that there were dead bodies everywhere.

If such terrorist attacks had occurred in previous years, the public opinion of the whole United States would have exploded, just like the 9/11 incident at the beginning of the century.

But now after the battle of New York City, although this terrorist attack was indeed terrible, its impact was much smaller.

Perhaps this was the charm of the United States, the lantern of humanism.

"In the world of superheroes, being an ordinary person is like living in hell."

"Fortunately, I'm not an ordinary person, otherwise I won't even know how I would die." Ye Bai watched the TV news and shook his head.

Just when Ye Bai was about to change the news channel to watch something positive, the display on the TV suddenly changed.

The original blonde hostess turned into an old man with a beard.

It was worth noting that the old man wore a ring on each finger of his hands.

The Ten Rings!

Ye Bai became slightly interested and continued to watch the TV.

Soon, the old man with ten rings on his hand on TV called himself Mandarin.

At the same time, he also announced that his organization, the Ten Rings, was responsible for the terrorist attack on the stadium.

Finally, Mandarin also declared that this attack was just a warning and that they had bigger plans.

Their next target was the Stark industrial building.

After that, the image of Mandarin suddenly disappeared and the blonde hostess reappeared on the TV.

Apparently, the news broadcast of this news channel was just hacked and replaced with a horrific statement from Mandarin.

"This is the plot of <<Iron Man 3>>. It seems interesting things are going to happen."

Ye Bai thought to himself because he had recognized this scene, it was from 'Iron Man 3'. However, Ye Bai wondered if the plot of Iron Man 3 was happening so soon? Or was he the one who caused the butterfly effect?

Moreover, Ye Bai was quite sure that the Manchu who made the statement just now was definitely not an ordinary person, but had some kind of superpower.

He was not an actor in the movie, but a real super villain.

"It's kind of interesting, it seems the plot really has changed."

Ye Bai thought so in his heart, but he didn't feel too surprised.

But he thought it was normal for the plot to change. Had the plot not changed even a little since he came to this Earth?

Even if Thanos arrived at Earth tomorrow, Ye Bai wouldn't be surprised.

But did it really matter to him?

The Mandarin had clearly stated that he was here to target Tony, and he had no intention to target Ye Bai.

Why would Ye Bai go and look for trouble when he could be a spectator?

So, Ye Bai intended to be a spectator who would just watch the show.

Tony also saw Mandarin's statement and learned that Stark Tower would be Mandarin's next target.

However, with him being a superhero, Tony had no fear at all.

In Tony's opinion, Mandarin was nothing but a terrorist, why should he be afraid?

Did you forget what business Tony Stark used to do? He was the largest arms dealer in the United States.

The true king of war, the merchant of death.

The angry Tony was not afraid. He even held a special press conference.

At the conference, not only did Tony directly insult Mandarin, but he also called the Ten Rings garbage.

At the same time, he said that he was waiting for the revenge of the Ten Rings in the Stark building. Tony Stark was not afraid at all.

But it turned out that Tony was too conceited.

The Ten Rings was not a simple terrorist organization, but a dark organization that had been passed down for hundreds of years.

The power they used even exceeded Tony's imagination.

On the very day Tony declared war on Mandarin, Tony was attacked by the Ten Rings.

Several ground missiles landed directly in Tony's beach villa. Even the land around the beach villa was destroyed by these missiles.

Tony Stark was seriously injured, because at the critical moment of the missile attack, he put his Mark armor on his assistant Pepper's body.

This led to Pepper being unharmed, but Tony himself was seriously injured.

Of course, this was not the key problem. The major problem was that Ye Bai was also affected by this explosion.

26