Chapter 2: Let’s make a bet.
528 3 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The heavens wept for the loss of the bereaved left behind, Yukio and the others left the cemetery. Rin sat down, leaning on Shiro's grave, looking at the dark clouds as the memories of sixteen long years finally settled down as they etched themselves on his heart and soul.

Armed men in black suits surrounded him as they had him at gunpoint, yet Rin did not bother to look at them, his hoarse voice spoke without a single shred of emotion, "If you are here to pay respects, thank you. But if you are not, wait outside till I have made peace with the old man dying on me."

"Quite unexpected, attitude and the words. Did not expect to see satan's son mourn over an exorcist's death." spoke a man dressed comically in white and pink.

The exorcists accompanying him had their nerves tensed, ready to shoot at any unwarranted movement, prepared to make a sieve out of the demon before them. But the next instant, they felt something they had long forgotten, their years as veteran exorcists had made them forget something inseparable from a living creature. 

They held their guns at an unarmed foe, yet they were the ones sweating in the cold rain, they could feel their steady hands tremble, their fearless minds waver at the sight of those cold blue eyes that were looking through them.

They knew that they were afraid. The years he spent as an assassin in his second life was something that stuck along with him, the aura of the man monikered "merciless" is not just for display purposes. 

"I won't repeat myself, but it's interesting..." Rin's voice permeated through the oppressive silence.

"Pheles, right? Tell me what do you want from me?" Rin asked with a smile, as his eyes seemed to glow in the dark.

Pheles on the other hand was feeling the premonition of something great, something that had the potential to surpass every thrill he has experienced in his long immortal life. He looked at Rin and chuckled, 'what a monster, not even a day he managed to awaken his flames, and the bunch of veterans I brought are quivering in their boots, huh~'

"Oh, what a blunder, let me introduce myself, my name is Mephisto Pheles, and I represent the Japanese branch of the True Cross Knight Order. I was Reverend Fujimoto's friend, please accept my condolences." Mephisto bowed in a curtsey.

"We know about who you are and now that we are here, you only have two alternatives to choose from. First, we exorcise you in the name of the Vatican, and second, you kill us all and run away. Oh, you can also have a third, you can take your own life and be done with it, that's a fine alternative as well."

"So, what will it be?" Mephisto asked with mischief in his voice.

"Poor choice of alternatives, how about I make one?" Rin asked as he looked Mehisto in the eye.

"Go on..." Mephisto encouraged.

"I want to be an exorcist, the best one there is, how about that, do you dare to accept Satan's own son in your ranks?" Rin chuckled as his blue eyes shone with a flickering flame in them.

Mephisto on the other hand was shocked, too shocked to know how to feel about this, and finally decided to start laughing. "You, the son of Satan want to be an exorcist? The Strongest Exorcist? HAHAHAHAHAHA, ridiculous, oh my belly hurts, HAHAHAHAHA."

"Good, let's make a bet, Okumura Rin, a bet to see if you can stand tall on your words, a bet to see if you can be the strongest exorcist." smiled Mephisto as he extended his hand to Rin.

"Keep watching" Rin smiled as he grabbed Mephisto's hand and stood up.

"Good, pack up then. I will find you at the church tomorrow at 8, don't be late~" Mephisto posed like a cute gal and left with the exorcists.

After another good hour or so, Rin stood up and whispered goodbye to Shiro's grave and left. With the plot starts, he had to make sure that he made the most out of it. He only had the night before he joined the true cross academy with Yukio.

He passed by the convenience store and grabbed himself a meal and walked back to the church dormitory. Changing out of his wet clothes, he stood before the mirror, what welcomed him was a fairly handsome face and a strong build, but there were no definite muscle contours. 

He knew that he was about ten times strong compared to the average person, but there was no development on that in the whole damn life of 15 years the old Rin had this body. Changing into a t-shirt and boxers, he started warming up and began with the basics of all exercises.

An hour or so later he found that not only did he have an inhuman amount of strength, all his physical parameters were off the charts, along with his stamina. He could easily handle the number of reps he did in the prime of his past life and could even exceed that before he felt his muscles tearing.

Push-ups, pull-ups, sit-ups, burpees, squats, and all the rest followed right after. the ground was drenched in sweat along with his clothes which are practically drenched right now. 

"That will take care of the physical training, for now, let's see what my flames can do." Rin drew the blade that made him turn into a blue torch of light. 

After a long while of drawing and sheathing the blade he got a hang of releasing his flames in both conditions when the sword was sheathed or drawn, he could freely trigger his flames, making him able to draw the Kurikara like another normal blade.

With the open and close under control, he could use his blade to fight in normal circumstances where not even a spark of blue could be seen. With the skills he had in his last life as an assassin, he knew that all he needed right now was to adjust his current body to the level of his skills, which was fairly easy once he got the hang of it because of the super high-spec body he had right now.

'Rather than calling it high-spec, it would be better to call it demonic.' He chucked at the thought and kept familiarizing himself with his new body and blade.

 

 

 

 

24