Chapter 4: The story begins.
477 2 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yukio dealt with the opening speech for the freshmen's representative and they went with the teachers to get introduced to the school, while many wanted to approach Yukio, but Rin's presence made it harder for them to do so, just being there was enough for him to radiate an aura that made people develop inferiority complexes.

Yukio for once was bittersweet about it, he was thankful that he did not get surrounded by people, but was a bit sour that he also wanted some attention, which was quite impossible right now because of Rin, who was now at the same height as him and somehow turned handsome after awakening his flames.

Rin took out a pair of black goggles that were much like the glasses Shiro used and put them on as they followed the teacher around. The class started and the introductions began, everyone gradually introduced themselves while Rin was left because he sat at the left corner beside the window, making him the last to introduce himself.

He stood up in a suave manner with his hands still in his pockets, "the name is Okumura Rin" and with that, he sat back and looked outside the window to relieve himself of boredom.

The action was fairly simple, but him doing this with his handsome face made it look dashing, the girls were blushing while the boys felt that he was really cool. The bunch of straight-A students wondered how a guy got admitted to the Special-A class.

There was one particular boy with a rooster-like hairstyle who was acting sore out of the bunch of guys around him, Rin was fairly certain that this was Suguro, Shima, and Konekomaru trio. The class came to an end and the students left, Rin followed Yukio to the exorcist's section to begin class.

Yukio changed his clothes to the exorcist's uniform while Rin took off his blazer and draped it on his shoulders while he folded his sleeves up to his forearms, leaving the strong arms on full display.

"Ne Yukio~ when I get that uniform, can you make mine look like an overcoat, I can swear that it's really stuffy wearing this," Rin asked as he saw Yukio preparing the materials he needed for the class.

"It's still a long time before we need to get you a uniform, but before that, can you not wear the uniform like that? You already stand out as you are, please don't make it worse." Yukio sighed again, to which Rin chuckled and ruffled Yukio's hair, and opened the door with a butlerish gesture.

They walked into the 1106th room and saw the students waiting for them, Yukio introduced himself while Rin simply sat on an empty bench, playing the Kurikara beside him, and took out a book on exorcism.

The class started and Yukio introduced them to the Goblins and how he planned to use rotten blood to draw them and use them to give spirit wounds to the students who were yet to receive them.

A timid girl walked up and behind him went the guy with the puppet, but when everything was going well, the goblin Yukio had lured in managed to drop the tube of rotten blood and things went a little out of hand.

A horde of goblins swarmed the room and Yukio took out his guns and asked the students to leave the room and wait outside.

Rin simply yawned and looked up, he simply stared at the wall behind Yukio with his blue eyes that shone with a dangerous glint, "take your brethren and leave, I won't be merciful the next time." 

The words he spoke were barely above a whisper, but the authority it had made the others in the room feel that they were in presence of a King, one whose words were absolute. With that, he simply closed his eyes again and returned to skim over the book in his hands, with not a single care in the world.

"What the hell was that?" Suguro did the favor of tying the bell on the cat and asked the question everyone wanted to know the answers to. Every pair of eyes were focused on Rin who was leisurely reading a book like nothing ever happened.

Suguro who was blatantly ignored was gritting his teeth as he made his way to Rin's desk and slammed both of his hands on the table, much to Rin's annoyance, which made him look at Suguro with his apathetic blue eyes, "kneel"

Suguro who was sweating bullets felt his legs buckle and fell down on his knees, he was on the ground on all fours with beads of sweat falling on the floor, he could feel his very soul tremble when Rin looked into his eyes from above.

Before things could escalate anymore, Yukio stepped in, "nii-san! don't scare the students, and you too Suguro-kun, don't provoke him. Let's end the class here for now, and for the next, please give the book a glance before the next class."


The next days were relatively peaceful with Yukio teaching Rin the basics of being an exorcist and the two of them studying together, which really came as a surprise to Yukio to see how smart Rin really was.

"Sigh, I wish tou-san could have seen you like this. But what are you going to do with the laptop and the money you got from Sir Pheles?" Yukio asked as he skimmed over a book in his hands.

"Well, I am going to do some stock trading and real estate, while the laptop is for both work and play, we can watch movies, play some games when we are free, or something like that. But Mephisto really did get me a nice toy here, the laptop is quite the beast to say the least." Rin raised his hands above and yawned.

"That aside, what are you doing for the day?" Rin asked, surfing through some manga sites.

"Well, I have a task at hand and I plan to do some shopping as well," Yukio spoke as he got into his exorcist apparel.

"Good, I'll tag along for some fresh air along with the practical experience. Don't get started on the regulations, you know well enough that it's way too late for me to abide by them." Rin chuckled and put on his uniform without the blazer and folded his sleeves to his forearms and slung the Kurikara on his back.

 

23