Chapter 6: Just a regular, everyday, normal …
424 7 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The days passed normally, where Rin passed his days studying, doing stocks, and training. And the last one, in particular, gave results that were absolutely satisfying, his physique was changing for the better, muscles started taking shape by the first week, and by the third, they had the perfect definitions. 

Rin did not bulk up, but he had a perfect greek god physique that could even give Adonis a run for his money. And with that, he had no plans to be low-key and wear baggy stuff like the regular protagonists, he got his uniform re-tailored on the grounds of it getting a bit too tight for comfort and got them to perfectly showcase his body.

The girls and even the female teachers had a hard time in class with such an eye-candy in the class, he would always have his sleeves folded and his blazer draping on his shoulders, and what caught the most attention was the fact that he would always have a suave air around him, even without him doing anything. (ikenen perks)

Having a demonic physique did wonders with that and the studies in the exorcist's cram school were also going rather well, he always had a casual disposition, but no teacher could dislike him because of the excellence he rarely showcased, but mostly, he was always found flipping a book or lazing around.

Suguro on the other hand was really jealous of the fact that someone was living the ideal high-school life he wanted and he was rubbing it in his face without even doing so. This made him re-double his efforts, both in normal and exorcist studies.

The most interesting thing would be that Rin would always have Shiemi somewhere within a few meters around him, this made him chuckle at the sight of it and how awkward she was being as she desperately tried to approach him, and always failed to do so after shying away with a blushing face. (Hinata reference)

One fine afternoon, Yukio, Shiemi, and Rin were sitting beside a fountain, chatting about how Shiemi was getting around the whole cram school stuff. It was mostly Shiemi and Yukio chatting while Rin was cloud-watching with a thistle in his mouth. 

Yukio left for work while Shiemi tried to make a conversation with Rin, she sat as near as she could get to Rin and looked him in the eye, well... sunglasses for the matter and asked, "Rin, can you be..." and was interrupted by the temple-trio, led by Suguro himself.

"So, what do we have here? A couple flirting in broad daylight?" Suguro trolled, expecting a comeback from Rin, but the only thing he managed to do was get Shiemi to look like a tomato, with how hard she was blushing.

"So, it's not your woman, then a friend, is she?" he asked again, trying to aggravate him and fail miserably.

Rin finally sat up and stretched his arms, "well, if she wants to be a friend with a loner like me, she is more than welcome, and you three as well."

"I'm sorry if I went too far with you that day, but please understand that those Goblins had already managed to annoy me, so with all of that I somehow ended up scaring you, because you looked annoying," Rin said while wetting his hands in the fountain.

"So, what do you say we sweep that under the rug and be friends or rivals if you like, you won't have to think about how to mock or annoy me, while I don't have to be a loner anymore. I guess you have noticed that I have no friends to speak of, so what do you guys say? Oh, and add this little girl in the deal as well, since she is a loner as well." Rin chuckled as he combed his wet hands through his hair to make it look even sexier with the shine the water brought his hair.

Suguro, being the damn tsundere he was, had never seen this coming at him and thus, Suguro.exe stopped working. Sima was waving his palm before Suguro's face to see there was no reaction at all for a while before Suguro found his bearings.

"Do whatever you like, I don't care at all!" with a huff, he turned around and left for the PE class they had scheduled next.


PE Class:

Everyone got into their gym clothes and the lesson was to get accustomed to the movements of low-class demons like the leapers, frog-like monsters with wig red eyes, and the capacity to read the weakness in the person before it. It's quite docile in nature and thus used to train amateurs to get used to facing demons.

Suguro and Rin were on the field where the leaper was chasing Suguro who was running to stay out of its reach and Rin, on the other hand, was lazing around sitting on the said demon's head. This caused Suguro to pop a vein or two in the process, and the teacher pulled the leaper back and let Suguro rest and return back while shaking his head at Rin's antics.

Next went Paku and Shiemi, while the latter would trip over with every ten steps. This went on for a while until the next pair was to come up and the teacher got a call from a certain 'little kitty' and rushed away after telling the students to practice by themselves without getting near the leapers.

Suguro, much like the original dissed the teacher and then Rin for not taking the exercise seriously. Rin simply smiled and shook his head at Suguro's antics, maddening him even more.

"Fine then, let's see if you are truly as good as you look, the leapers can sense negative emotions like doubt, fear, anger, and such. Whoever between us can look it in the eye and return safely without being attacked by it wins, you in?" Suguro growled.

"Nope~ You brat simply wants to show off, why should I participate in something like that? I am happy being the loner, you go ahead if you want to be cool, guessing from that weird circlejerk of yours." Rin chuckled as he leaned on the wall and sat down.

"Why don't you fight? Doesn't it bother you? Fine, I'll do it myself!" He seethed in the rage he felt from the nasty bits of memories he had.

'Huh? you don't show off? This attention whore of a bastard dares to say that, wait this is not the point...' Suguro turned the cogs in his head as he resolutely slid down to the arena and walked towards the leaper.

Suguro marched on, much like a soldier off to war, earning him a few gasps and snickers, from Paku and Izumo. He walked up to the leaper and declared in a voice that was doing its best to sound resolute, " I... I am not spineless like you, I will be a real Exorcist and defeat Satan."

He matched his gaze with the red eyes of the leaper, doing his best to prove his resolution, which was beautifully shattered by a single snide comment from Izumo.

The leaper sensed the chink in Suguro's armor and found the vulnerability in him, as it roared and prepared itself to gobble the weakling before it, but Rin rushed in while holding the sheathed Kurikara wrapped in its red cover and smashed it right on top of the leaper's head, effectively causing a dent on its skull and exorcising it.

"Come on, don't die on the first few hours after being my friend, it'll leave a bad taste in my mouth." Rin chuckled as he dragged the confused and unresponsive Suguro out of the practice pit. The whole debacle shocked all of them, whether it be Suguro's idiocy or the leaper's aggression and attack, or Rin's strength.

They all had the general idea that the muscles on Rin were not just for display, they were effectively efficient to slay women as well as demons.

The gallant figure of Rin was seared into the eyes of the students watching, even Yukio who was in the shadows sighed and could not help but smile at the words and actions of his brother.

The came to an end with the teasing of Suguro which was exclusively done by Izumo and Shima, god these two are great teasers.

 

22