Chapter 5: Shiemi.
380 2 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The brothers walked off to the Old Exorcist Shop, while Yukio was introducing the keys and their functions to Rin, they walked till they reached the shop and Yukio asked Rin to wait outside since the shop was only open to the exorcists.

Rin smirked and walked to the garden where Shiemi was, the metal gate with a weak-ass warding stood before him, Rin simply chuckled and touched the gate and the warding burned off with a flash. Shiemi, who was tending to the garden was shocked at first and then the whole fear factor came rushing in.

"Demon, don't come here! Go away! Don't come here!" She flailed and tried to move away which was quite impossible because of the conditions her legs were in. Rin chuckled and walked in at a slow pace as his glowing blue eyes peeked from behind the sunglasses he wore.

The glimpse of the beautiful blue eyes captivated the little girl, she forgot that the one standing before her was a demon, a demon she was trying to escape, Rin did not break eye contact as he walked towards her, "what happened to your legs?" he asked in a soft voice as he squatted down to come to her eye-level.

"Ah! No, they..." Shiemi was blushing furiously and her heart was about to leap out of her chest, and Rin's face being a few inches away from her did not help with that.

"What are you doing here nii-san? Didn't I ask you to wait for me outside?" Yukio hollered as he walked in with Shiemi's mother.

"Well, it was quite boring to wait outside and the beautiful fragrance of the garden drew me here before I knew it. Oh, before I manage to forget, this little girl has a demon leeching off her, can I exorcise it?" Rin spoke like he was asking for a sugar cube at the tea table, while the news was like a thunderclap in the ears of the three listeners.

"What do you mean boy, are you sure?" Shiemi's mother asked with anxiety and concern filled in her voice.

"Well, I am quite sure but don't worry, Yukio has a doctor as his sub meister, he can confirm it for me." Rin smiled as he looked at Yukio. And needless to say, the smile was raw destruction, for Shiemi, who was unable to look away from Rin's face felt like the whole world seemed to lose color for a second, and only Rin before her was there in the whole wide world.

Shiemi's mother snapped out of her momentary daze and coughed twice before bringing Shiemi out of her daydreaming state. 

'This is one dangerous brat', thought the exorcist shop proprietress, while Yukio could only sigh at his brother's antics.

"Let me introduce everyone, this is Moriyama-san, the owner of the Old Exorciwst Shop, and the one beside you is her daughter, and this is my elder twin brother, Rin Okumura." Yukio walked down the stairs and came beside Rin and Shiemi.

After a little diagnosis, Yukio confirmed Rin's words and further consoled the mother and daughter pair that it was nothing dangerous and could be dealt with ease.

Yukio walked with Moriyama-san(Shiemi's mother) to the shop and discussed what might have been the cause and effect of Shiemi's current situation, while Rin stayed back in the garden, he found a nice tree and lay down under it and closed his eyes, as he felt the soft breeze rustling through the grass before blowing his hair out of his face.

"You know little girl, the garden you have here reminds me of a story I heard when I was a kid, the garden of Amahara, the Garden of God, where he put together a miracle with all flowers, plants, and trees put together. Your garden is beautiful, no doubt about that, but I still want to see the real one someday, who knows if I will be allowed to..." Rin spoke in whispers but the breeze carried his words to Shiemi who held her hands together before her heart.

"You know about the garden of Amahara?" she asked in a voice that was only audible because of Rin's enhanced physique.

"I do, and I think you do as well. So, what are you doing here, making a cheap imitation when you could have been looking for the real one? What has you tied down to this little garden?" Rin asked, hitting the nail right on the head.

"This garden was my grandmother's and after her death, last winter, I decided to care for it myself. I love this garden, my grandmother loved this garden and I can't leave it behind," she spoke with a look of longing and regret.

"Well, speaking of attachments, I like how you are attached to this place that has the beautiful memories of your days with your grandma, but I don't like the part where a demon is involved in this, to make you forget your dream. So, let me ask you, little girl, what would your grandma say if you were to leave on a journey to find the garden of Amahara? What would she have said?" Rin asked with a teasing voice, not moving an inch from where he was.

Shiemi on the other hand was overcome with nostalgia and relief, she sobbed into her arms as she looked towards Rin with a determined gaze, "I-I want to..."

The touching scene was interrupted by the demon that grabbed hold of Shiemi, Rin sat up and leaned against the tree, absolutely ignoring the existence of the demon, "Yukio, stop hiding behind that bush and deal with this small fry." 

"Even if you know I am here, could you please look like you at least care about what is happening before you... sigh," Yukio walked down towards the demon that was holding Shiemi hostage.

What the demon did not consider was that Yukio would really shoot Shiemi and the next second when it tried to flee it was shot down by Yukio.

The demon was sorted and Yukio caught Shiemi, she came to her senses and was finally able to regain the feeling in her feet. Once she stood up, she looked at Rin who was sitting on the grass, leaning against the tree, with a playful smirk on his face.

"You better apologize to your mother, before it gets more awkward between the two of you and you regret it for the rest of your days, believe me, it does not feel good," Rin spoke lazily as he stood up and walked out of the garden with a cold posture, leaving some mystery behind.

After a tearful reconciliation of the mother and daughter pair, the night came to an end and the brothers returned back to the dorm.

 

21