Chapter 7: Summons.
376 0 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The days passed like the morning breeze and the results came, with Rin getting a high score on each of them, both in the academy and the exorcist cram school, earning yet another sensation, but not to the element of shock, as Rin had his fair share of showing that he was smarter than the most of them.

Exorcist Cram School:

Yukio handed in their test papers and announced the start of the week-long training camp and their upcoming test of ex-wire examinations and handed them the forms to fill in the meisters they wanted to take.

"R-Rin, what meisters do you think would fit me?" Shiemi asked Rin with a mosquito-like voice while constantly staring at the twirling little feet.

"Hmm, you can simply go with the Doctor and Tamer meisters, while Aria and Knight are out of the list for you, a bit of Dragoon would surely help to assure your self-protection capability. So, there it is, now it's up to you what you want to do with your life." Rin yawned and walked out of the classroom, well tried to, but Shima dragged him back to the boys.

"So, what meisters are you going to take?" Konekomaru asked, starting the conversation.

"Well, Knight, Dragoon, and Tamer, these are the three I am gonna pick, since I am not really good with memorizing stuff, making Aria and Doctor out of my choice list," Rin spoke as he took out a lollipop and put it in his mouth.

"I heard that you need to have talent along with a strong will to be a tamer, have you tried summoning as of yet?" Shima asked.

"Nah, but I'm quite sure it runs in the blood, take a look at Yukio for an example, he can summon Niads and stuff like that. So, what are you guys aiming for?" Rin asked, looking at the tree of them.

"Bon and Konekomaru are aiming for Aria at the moment, but after hearing that you will take three Meisters, I'm sure Bon will try to shove in a few more on that now." Shima chuckled.

"Nah, don't do it if you don't like it, and if you must get it over A.S.A.P, that's the advice I like to give and live by." Rin smiled at the temple trio.

"So, Shima, what Meister are you taking?" Rin asked as he stood up and stretched his arms above him.

"Well, I'm going with the Knight. But anyways, let's get moving, Neuhaus-sensei's class will start right after this." Shima stood up as well and they walked out of the room together.

The class began with Neuhaus drawing a summoning circle and explaining to them how it worked before summoning a Naberius. "The summoning needs a circle, a specific chant, and blood to complete itself while breaking the circle would cause the summon to vanish, now take a paper and see if you have the talent or not."

"The art of summoning needs a natal aptitude as well as a strong will, unless the tamer has both, he would either fail in his summoning or the summons will bear fangs against them, take these papers, and put a drop of blood in it, then say whatever comes in your mind." Neuhaus handed them the papers and stood back to see his students work.

Suguro, Shima, Konekomaru, and Paku failed to summon anything and the eyes were on Yamada and the puppet kid, and they too raised their hands up in defeat.

With all eyes on Rin, Shiemi, and Izumo, the latter took two papers and smeared blood on them, "I humbly beg upon the gods of harvest, follow my wishes and leave none unfulfilled."

With that Izumo summoned two spirit foxes, earning awe and praise from everyone, while Shiemi tried doing the same with a little lighthearted call, "come here~ just kidding~" and a green man popped up, much to the praise of Neuhaus.

"I see it's only me left, so here we go~" Rin walked up to an open place and trailed his thumb on his canine to make an incision and smeared the blood on the paper.

"Wake up from the depths of hell, for the promised hour is here, bow before the flame you were borne of and bind with the blood it sired. Let the wind blow your ashes as you rise from them, shatter the binds that chain your soul, and rise from the abyss." Rin finished the chant but his voice kept echoing in the ears of those who heard him, while Nehaus being the knowledgeable one, knew that this was not something that an amateur could pull off by a long shot.

With the distortion of the void before them, a purple and black flame appeared and danced before them. It circled around the classroom before landing on Rin's shoulder with a screech. The flame dispersed and a beautiful bird appeared, a majestic fire bird stood proud on Rin's shoulder as its ruby-like eyes scanned the humans before it.

"A dark phoenix, I guess it is to be expected. Make sure that it does not harm others, and if you want to sign a pact, I suggest you do it here. It will be good educational material for the rest of them." Neuhaus nodded with a grim face, while the others did not know what kind of face to make or what to feel anymore after this.

"So, let's give you a name and some blood to sign a pact, you ready?" Rin chuckled and the phoenix on his shoulder nodded with a chirp as Rin rubbed its head with his finger.

The phoenix sat before Rin while the latter dripped a few drops of blood on its head and spoke, "bound by my blood, I allow you to bear my name, let the world remember, your name is Lucia, live brightly like your name and bear pride in it as the world bows in reverence, be reborn and rise anew, Lucia."

The phoenix flared in beautiful blue amethyst flames and spread its wings with a proud screech making the others cover their ears and flew towards Rin and sat on his shoulder.

"Neuhaus-sensei, do you have something sharp like a blade or knife?" Rin asked to cause the man to look at him curiously but he still tossed a knife toward Rin, which the latter easily caught and without missing a beat, slashed his forearm without a shred of hesitation or any reaction for the matter.

Rin's arm now had a wound that was badly bleeding, to which he just smiled and Lucia chirped and a purple flare covered his arm. And then when the flames vanished, the wound disappeared like it was never there, the only proof of it ever happening were the drops of blood on the floor.

The whole debacle came to an end with Rin trying to get Lucia acquainted with everyone, much to the annoyance of a certain person who was undercover.

'Damn, this brat is really something else.' the person chuckled and left the room.

 

21