Chapter 8: Ghouls and Gourmets.
377 2 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The exorcists came to the dorm the Okumura brothers lived in for the training camp, despite the unwillingness, mostly on the girls' side the training camp began.

Yukio was quite into the demon instructor mode and made them solve papers for hours on the end and it was followed by his good work the next training will start at 6 AM the next day.

"Ahh~ I'm off for a cold shower, Yukio get the ingredients ready for tonight's dinner, and tell Ukobach, that I'll do it myself." Rin sat by the window to get some fresh air before leaving.

The girls found the idea of taking a bath quite appealing and they walked off all the same, with Izumo taking the lead. Shima, on the other hand, had different plans altogether.

"Girl's bath time, huh~ I guess we have to go and take a little peak, what do you guys say?" Shima raised his thumb with a wretched smile on his face.

"Shima, you bastard are a monk, you can't do that kinda stuff." Suguro on the other hand was instantly against this stupid idea, while Konekomaru lamented that Shima was back to his old ways.

Yukio who was skimming through the papers cleared his throat, "you guys are forgetting that you have a teacher right here."

Shima was not the least bit discouraged, he went closer to Yukio while whispering the temptations of evil, Yukio being the hardass he was, stayed unswayed before the temptations and reprimanded Shima.

"Rin, at least you have to support me, right?" Shima asked with a hopeful puppy face, while the others also looked at Rin with interest to see what reaction he would have.

"Nah~ these little girls do not interest me, if you have something in the onee-san category, I'd be the first to follow you to hell. Anyways, with this stupidity out of the way, let's take a dip as well, we have an early start tomorrow." Rin simply shrugged and walked out of the door.

The four in the room shared a look and then nodded, 'Rin likes girls older than him, noted.'

The boys walked to the bath in the dorm and before they could even enter, they heard a scream from the women's bath. 

This had totally slipped from Rin's mind, not because it was a small issue but because he had changed Shiemi's trajectory by quite a bit and thus this scene managed to give him the slip. Before things could take a turn for the worse, Rin rushed out like a bolt of lightning.

Kicking the door down he came to the scene where Izumo's familiars had turned against Izumo because of her wavering confidence and punched them away, "tear the papers, I will deal with the demon." Rin spoke without looking back and rushed at the Ghoul.

With a deft right hook to the Ghoul's jaw he pushed it back while bringing Paku back to safety, Shiemi who was in the midst of changing quickly managed to pull her yukata and asked her familiar to make some aloe and administered first-aid.

Rin on the other hand was having a nice round of bare-knuckle fist fight, with him taking no hits and clobbering the Ghoul back to the ground, till Yukio came in and shot the Ghoul and it fled the scene.

Izumo, who was not crying behind the cabinets felt something fall on her, she looked up to see a topless Rin giving her his T-shirt and leaving without sparing her a look. The defined muscles on his back and the perfect form made her blush a little without her knowing.

Yukio and the others who were about to carry Paku to the med bay were stunned at the sight before them, Rin who stood there with Kurikara on his shoulder, was the personification of a greek god with a physique that was making them drool and stand in awe, for the ladies and the gents.

"Nii-san, why are you naked?" Yukio managed to address the elephant in the room.

"Well, some of the Ghoul's blood splattered on it, so I took it out for a wash. Not that it matters, so I am off for a shower, expect a nice dinner tonight." Rin smiled and left them to their devices.

The whole debacle was over and everyone came to the dining hall for dinner which made them forget about all the pains they had to suffer, from Yukio's test drills to the Ghoul invasion. What welcomed them at the dining hall was a gorgeous spread on the table and Rin finishing the last few dishes in the kitchen.

The kitchen had an open counter that was perfectly visible from the dining hall, and with the sight of the handsome Rin with an apron, cooking with a gentle smile on his face, the girls were feeling butterflies in their bellies. A certain someone was barely holding themselves back from drooling at the sight.

"You guys start with the entree, I'll be there once I get the desserts in the fridge. Don't hold back with the comments, and most of all, please enjoy." Rin smiled back at them while working on the desserts.

After a while Rin came in, wiping his wet hands on the apron, "you didn't have to wait for me~ Let me introduce the dishes."

"We have a full eleven-course meal tonight ladies and gentlemen, for the hors d'oeuvre, we have Oysters a la Russe."

"The soup before you is a Consomme Olga, please be careful with the temperature."

"The third course is fish, we have Poached salmon with Mousseline sauce."

"The fourth dish or the mains, we have Vegetable Marrow Farci. I hope you relish this slowly, as the farci melts on your palate."

"The fifth course, the removes on the table tonight are, lamb with mint sauce and chaetu potatoes."

"The sixth course on the table is the delicate Punch Romaine."

"The seventh is Roasted squab on wilted Cress."

"The eighth or the salad is Asparagus salad with champagne-saffron vinaigrette."

"The ninth, we have a cold dish called Pate de foie gras."

"The tenth, and my favorite part of the meal, in dessert we have, Waldorf Pudding."

"The eleventh part is a serving of assorted fruits and cheese."

"And finally, we have coffee for after dinner, it's your choice to make it an espresso or a latte."

"So, this is what we have for tonight, please don't hold back, let's enjoy the meal and forget all the woes and enjoy the moment, for this might be the last time I cook such a meal. Bon appetite." Rin raised his glass of water and declared the meal open, but the people at the table were busy gawking at the food before them.

None of them were from an aristocratic background, so the beautiful sight before them enthralled them, and even more so for the fact that the chef was right before them.

They started with the meal and the dinner passed without a single word, only reverent eating and silent enjoying. The night passed without anyone saying anything, only focused on making sure that they relish and remember every last bit of it.

 

 

18