Chapter 10: Ghoul Invasion: RE.
306 0 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Rin lured away half of the Ghoul and ran towards the power room, where Neuhaus was waiting for him. Cornering the abomination in the room, Rin unsheathed the Kurikara, but the expected blue flames never came. Neuhaus, who was watching for the shadows was shocked to see the sword unsheathed without even a single blue flicker.

Rin on the other hand moved like a fish in the water as he slashed the supposed right ankle of the Ghoul to incite a feral cry from it and he did not stop, he moved in a perfect fluid motion that gave the impression that Rin had become the embodiment of flowing water, swift in its course and raging with his slashes.

The beautiful dance continued for a short while till Rin had reduced the Ghoul into a stump without limbs. Rin sheathed the Kurikara and looked right at the corner Neuhaus was hiding in, "Neuhaus-sensei, is this a surprise test or something? If not, help me find the one who summoned it."

Neuhaus switched the power back on and walked up to Rin, "this was your esquire exam and you have performed well and without relying on your demonic heritage. Return back to your classmates, I will deal with the rest."

"You know sensei, the whole flame part is something that I can still not come to terms with, it took the man I called father, the man who took me in, knowing well of what I am, and still raised me as his son. I know that your eye patch has something to do with the blue night, even if this sounds insincere, please don't drag innocents in this mess if you seek revenge."

"Even if you take my life, my cheap father won't even frown. So, wait for me to get stronger, and then join me when I go to 'him' to settle the ledgers. You will be in for a good show of appeasement, what do you say?" Rin extended his hand towards Neuhaus, who felt his entire worldview rattle.

He could not help but chuckle at the thought of him trying to get revenge on the king of demons by killing his halfling child, but now that he thought about it, would a demon like Satan frown at the loss of the boy standing before him? Fucking hilarious.

"This won't be the last time someone comes after your life, hope you get used to it." Neuhaus exorcised the Ghoul, releasing it from the misery, and walked away.

Rin wrapped up the Kurikara and rushed back to the others, only to find the Ghoul getting exorcised at the last moment from Suguro's chanting. Rin rushed up to him and helped him settle down and shoved a lollipop in his mouth, "eat this" with an ironic smile, barely holding his laughter.

He gave everyone chocolates, only Yamada had his one tossed to him from afar. This led Shima to cast a doubtful glance and ask Konekomaru and Suguro beside him, "is it just me or does Rin avoid getting close to Yamada?" 

"Yeah, now that you remind me, this really seems to be the case, let's catch the bastard and ask whats going on." Suguro was excited as usual, while Konekomaru was trying to be the voice of reason.

"Oi Mephisto, candies won't heal their injuries, sort this mess out." Rin hollered looking at the ceiling, from which came out their dear little principal, along with the bunch of exorcists hiding everywhere in the room.

"Ain, Zwei, Drei, and congratulations to everyone, you have completed your esquire examinations and all you need to wait is for the score to come out from the observations of the teachers." Mephisto made a dramatic entrance along with a dramatic speech, which made the soon to be esquires sigh in relief.

Yukio, along with the other exorcists started treating the examinees and chatting about how the test was perfectly regulated and monitored, with no chances of accidents.


The next day, the esquires were brought to the beach with their principal and Yukio for a celebratory feast, even if it was just monja-yaki.

Everyone was looking at Rin with an eager look, that was clearly spelling, 'please cook for us'. Rin chuckled at the sight and indulged them, he prepared something like the basic monja-yaki with normal ingredients, and yet it tasted like something that could be on top of the menu card in a lavish restaurant.

Mephisto who had tasted Rin's handiwork for the first time was beyond surprised and elated at the vision of sublimating dishes that he could enjoy.

"As your principal, I am establishing a new rule, every time Okumura-kun cooks, I am to be given a share of it and if he plans to cook up a table again, I am willing to sponsor the ingredients and venue. I will get them two write it up." Mephisto made another phone call to make this resolution come to action, with stunned and speechless looks from the others.

They came back to the dorm from the beach and the boys gathered in the bathroom for a relaxing bath along with cleaning the sand from themselves.

"So, Rin what's with you avoiding Yamada, do you know something about him or what?" Shima asked.

"Yeah, he has always been secretive, hell, none of us even know what he looks or sounds like." Suguro sneered as he was scrubbing his head with the shampoo.

"Well, I really don't know, but he is really weird. And getting anywhere near the bastard makes me doubt my sexual preferences. He smells enticing, to say the least, and I have a really good nose for the matter, so I stay away from him, one moment I am entranced with the smell, and the next I gag at the thought of it coming from a boy." Rin sighed as he dipped into the bath.

Suguro and the rest looked at Rin with a face that was asking 'are you serious?' before laughing their heads off.

"Laugh as you like bastards, I am never getting within a meter's distance with that weird bastard."

Meanwhile, in the women's bath, right in the next room:

Shiemi and Izumo could also hear the conversation because the boys were not really being quiet or secretive about it.

The girls were also stunned at the news they got, it really made them think about the fact that they had never spoken to either the hoodie guy or the puppet guy. Both of them were shrouded in layers of mystery.

Both of them knew that they had a little crush on Rin, so they simply chose to avoid getting into that topic to avoid awkwardness between them, but what they heard next made their bond even closer.

"So, leaving the Yamada matter aside, with how you never paid attention to any of our classmates, both in school or the cram school, what kind of girl does the wild prince like?" Shima teased.

"First of all, what the fuck is up with that title, and which bastard came up with it? And for the second, I like women older than me." Rin spoke, still annoyed with the cringe title he got.

"Come on, everyone has a list, tell us what you want in a woman." Shima teased and even Yukio had a curious glint in his eyes, to which Rin sighed helplessly.

"Well, she must be older than me, a little pretty smells good, and most importantly strong", Rin emphasized the strong part.

"Didn't take you to be a simple man, I thought you would have said, something like a hot and lewd onee-san with big knockers." Shima chuckled to which the others nodded.

"You bastards, what do you think I am?" Rin screamed in comic fury and the others laughed.

"Come on boys, we had our fun, let's get to bed, for we have an early start tomorrow," Yukio spoke and the banter came to an end.

On the other side, Izumo and Shiemi had found a common ground between them and they could not help but chuckle at the childishness of the boys, but they were quite happy that Rin was not like those bastards and actually had a mature outlook on the choice of partner. But only to sigh that they were not older than Rin... 

 

15