Volume 1 Chapter 2: A New Kid in the New Kingdom
38 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the kingdom of Drigmor, the place looked so old and well. The people were friendly and they were talking to each other. The children were running around and playing with the other kids. There were so many shops around the layers like a meat shop, vegetable shop, weapon shops, and more.

The place was quite dim because of the plants that were blocking the sunlight and what made the place aesthetic was the lights that were turned on. The lights looked like fireflies in the night and everything was quiet even there were people talking.

The kingdom was peaceful and lovely. A sight to remember and stay longer just to capture everything by the eyes.

Leo had seen this multiple times and he got used to it. Although, he loved the kingdom with all his heart that he would live there forever.

The person, Leo's holding on to, was staring at the scenery in front of him. He was frozen in place as he slowly glanced around the kingdom. He was about to ask Leo about the magic behind the walls on how they were able to pass through it. Clearly, he was distracted by the place and forgot about it.

They had not much time to stay in the same area for long so Leo pulled him to where his home was.

"Come on, my house is over here."

As they were walking to Leo's home, the person asked him, "You live in this place? This place looks amazing!"

"Yeah, the place hadn't changed for a long time now. My mother told me that it has been like this since the beginning of the kingdom."

"Woah..."

They arrived at the tavern with a sign hanging outside the house "Food and Rest"

They went inside and the place looked old as most of the place was made of wood. The round tables and the walls were made of dark and light wood. The chairs looked like a cut part of a trunk that shaped like a cylinder. For a small room, there were four tables and numerous amount of chairs.

It seemed like the place was famous because of the number of people around. Mostly were men drinking alcohol and eating big pieces of meat and other dishes on the plate.

They were all drunk and laughing at the same time. Even for a kingdom that was peaceful, this tavern was so energetic and loud, completely opposite of the common illustration of the whole kingdom.

Leo and the person walked forward to a counter where there were five chairs in front of it and behind was a big man.

His belly was fat but his arms were muscular. It looked like the usual males when they became a father that their belly would just get fat. The hair was straight and black in color together with his mustache and beard. He was wearing a white apron over a black shirt and brown pants.

He was cooking something as he kept moving his arms left and right. There were sizzling of food and cutting of meats and greens.

Around him was the kitchen and that area was hot and smokey from the cooking.

They sat down on the chairs in front and Leo greeted, "Pops! I'm back."

"Ah, Leo! Welcome back. Are the crops ready to be harvested?"

"I checked them and they were still days young before harvesting."

"Hahahaha!

His voice and laugh were so manly and loud that it dominated the noise around the room. He looked at the old man sitting on the chair at the round table, "Hey, old man! It seems you're going to eat the curry without the rice!"

He laughed again and a tear fell on the old man's cheek. The old man waited for minutes and longer for the curry to be completed with the rice but the rice was not ready to be harvested.

What's worse was that he was very hungry and was hoping that he could be full of the curry with rice.

He was old and he needed food that was easy to chew and swallow. He had been eating curry with rice for a long time and the rice was his favorite. That's why, for him, rice was the only dish that would make him full.

His expectation of getting full was shattered.

Leo delivered the plate with the curry only on his table.

The people around him comforted of his unfortunate, "Ahhh!!! Just order a lot of curries and drink a lot of alcohol and you'll be full!"

The old man became grumpy and took a mug of alcohol. He drank it all and started eating the curry. He was unhappy from his curry and tried to accept it all while drowning himself with alcohol.

Leo came back to his seat and his pops asked him, "Hey, Leo. Who is this kid you brought?"

"Uh... I found him sleeping on a rock on the farm but he wants to eat right now because he's very hungry. Pops, could you cook for him?"

"Hahahaha! Hungry, you say?"

He took the spoon and fork and yelled, "Yep! Bring me all you got!"

Bop was an adult male that had been cooking for a long time now so he had never come out from the tavern except for Leo who usually went out for many reasons. With so, he was not familiar with the people in the kingdom. He mostly knew his customers and they were friends with him. He's the famous cook in the Drigmor Kingdom because of his passion and dream to cook delicious food to anyone. People in the kingdom said that his cooking was so delicious that even a simple dish like a sunny side egg was ten times more delicious than anybody could be cooked it.

Everyone had their own secret to keep.

He went under the table and slammed a big piece of a drumstick on the table.

The person looked so excited to eat that big piece of meat that he was salivating from it even it was still raw.

He took the drumstick and grilled it behind him. After cooking the drumstick, he placed it on a long plate and served it on the table.

"Thank you for the food, old man!"

He started eating wild, he took a huge bite and chewed it quickly then, he swallowed a huge amount of it. As he was eating, the old man, he called by him, told him, "Call me Bop, kid. And next to you is my son, Leo. I'm the owner of this tavern and the cook."

"This meat is really delicious, Bop!', he said while chewing.

"Of course it is! I cooked it! Hahaha!"

After he ate the meat, he was full and his belly expanded. His face was so satisfied with the meat itself that he could skip a day of meals.

He sighed in relief and in a relaxed manner. His face wanted to sleep after that good meal.

The objective of making him eat was done and Leo didn't know what to do after. He was thinking of a possibility that he would go back to the farm and probably go home by himself. He was ready to take him back and the time was ticking. If that happened, he should do it before the day would get dark.

Because they were told by the authorities that no one could enter the walls when the curfew started. There were rules and regulations in the kingdom and it should be followed to protect everyone and make them safe.

The walls were built for a purpose and it should be kept that way.

What should I do? Should I ask him?

Leo looked at him and nervously asked him, "Hey, do you have a place to stay? If so, I could take you out of the kingdom."

From the question given by Leo, he started thinking. He was looking at nowhere with his heat diagonally.

"Nah. I don't have a place to settle. Hey, you said something about this tavern as a place to stay right?"

"Yeah..."

He looked at Bop and asked, "Hey, Bop. Mind if I live here?"

Bop laughed shortly and without any hesitation, he answered, "Yeah, sure! The only person staying in one of the rooms is Leo. We should let someone live in those rooms or the rats will do."

He was so happy that he was offered a place to stay and gave Bop a big smile.

"Thank you very much, Bop!"

Leo gave them a blank stare and thought, If I was a stranger and was offered food and shelter, this man is very lucky.

Bop asked Leo, "Leo, could you show him the room he'll be staying?"

Leo walked out from his chair and told him, "Come on, follow me. It's upstairs."

He followed Leo and they went upstairs. The second floor was small, but it had five doors, two on the left side, two on the other side, and one in front. One of the rooms on the left side was occupied by Leo.

Leo guided him to the room that was close to the stairs and it was on the right side. He opened it up and both of them went inside.

"So, here's your room."

"Woah... So this is a room."

"Over there is the cabinet, there are spare clothes there. It may be similar to your clothes you're wearing right now. The room over there is the bathroom.", Leo pointed things out as he was talking.

The room was small but there were a lot of things inside. There was a bed with two pillows, a small table, a desk and a chair, a cabinet on the walls, a door to the bathroom, and another door for the small balcony.

"Make yourself at home... I better be going downstairs. I need to help Pops in delivering the food."

He was looking around the room and answered, "Thanks, Leo."

Leo went out and closed the door.

The day had finally turned night and it was time to go to bed. He took a bath and really cleaned himself up first before going to bed.

He went out of the bathroom and changed his clothes with the exact clothes he wore. The bath was refreshing and it made him sleepy. He yawned and stretched to prepare himself to sleep. He went on his bed and covered himself with the blanket.

While on the bed, he stared at the ceiling and thought, "Huh, I could hear people laugh from here."

The people downstairs were loud but the volume decreased when it reached his room.

He started positioning himself comfortably until he found it and relaxed.

The room stayed quiet for now.

The room was slightly lit by the moonlight outside. There were rays of moonlight formed of the window inside the room. The room looked so pleasing and aesthetic.

Surprisingly, a kingdom that was covered by tall plants, the moonlight was able to get into the kingdom. It could be that the rays of moonlight was able to pass through the small holes from the group of plants and hit the kingdom like the rays of sunlight passing through the leaves and branches of a tree and still hit the ground.

He slept quietly until a small dark creature jumped off from the railings of the balcony. It jumped towards the window and made a loud bang.

The noise woke him up in a manner that he was surprised by that unexpected moment. He immediately raised his upper body and looked at the window where there the noise was.

"What was that?!"

He was scared for a second and got curious about what made the sound and since the kingdom was lit by the moonlight, he was able to see a small dark figure sticking on the window.

He couldn't tell anything from that figure, it could be anything.

He stepped out from the bed and slowly walked toward the thing on the window. As he was moving, he slowly lowered his eyelids to see clearly and it was still a dark figure.

When he was near enough to the figure, its eyes started gleaming bright red. He panicked and was scared of that thing. He screamed loudly and moved backward.

His legs hit the bed and he flipped over, rolled on the bed, and fell on the other side.

He slowly peeked up from the bed and watched the thing on the window.

He whispered, "What is that? I've never seen that before?"

He may have forgotten about his past but there were still things that he knew of.

The thing started scratching the window with its sharp claws slowly again and again while staring at him. The eyes were still showing red and it made him feel in danger if that thing went inside.

Leo went inside without knocking.

The more, he panicked and screamed. When he looked at Leo, he stopped screaming. Leo saw him with a face that had seen a ghost or something unbelievable.

Leo was holding a bowl of food with curiosity on his face about him.

"What's wrong?"

He ran towards Leo and grabbed his shoulders. Leo was calm during the situation because he didn't know what was going on.

"There's a creature with red eyes on the window!", he shouted and turned back to point at that thing, but it was gone.

He whispered, "Oh no..."

The door of the balcony started to open slowly and a black cat with red eyes came out from the slightly opened door.

"Meow~"

He pointed at the cat and shouted, "Evil creature!"

"No... That's Myan, she's a cat. She lives here in your room. I should have told you about her. She usually sleeps here every night."

He started to realize that it was a friendly cat when Leo gave her a bowl of food. She started eating it and meowed at them during her meal as if it was a thank you for Leo.

"Oh..."

Now, he knew that anything that would look like Myan would be a cat.

Also, the past that he had been forgotten must be worst and crucial due to the fact that he forgot what a cat was. A cat was the most common domestical animal in the world. It could be seen anywhere day and night and this person didn't notice what it was even its eyes were red or in any color.

"Don't worry, she's a friendly cat and likes to be touched."

"I see..."

Leo left him and the cat alone in the room. Since he was told by Leo that Myan was friendly, his thoughts about her were gone. He went back on his bed and tucked himself comfortably until he slept.

After Myan finished eating the bowl of food, she went on the bed and slept on top of his chest.

Somewhere in the night, a group of knights was investigating outside the plants, not far away from the land of the Drigmor Kingdom with no torches or any source of light. The place was lit by the moonlight and their figures of wearing suits of armor were noticed but they were all dark and shadowy. They were in the area where it was completely empty and the knights were spread out. Each of them was very cautious.

There was one knight that stood among all of them. The wearer of the suit of armor was tall and big, somewhere at the height of eight feet, carrying a long and wide sword on his back.

Could they be an enemy or an ally? They could be anything in this world.

0