Volume 1 Chapter 3: He finally has a Name
43 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Early in the morning, there was light on the kingdom from the sunlight but the place was shady. The temperature was warm and cool at the same time. For the people living in this kingdom, it was another normal day.

People started waking up and preparing for the day. Most of the people were already outside preparing a lot of stuff like opening their stores and some of them were just inside their houses fixing themselves and preparing breakfast.

For the nameless person in the room of the tavern, he was still sleeping comfortably on his bed but the way he positioned himself was off, different from the moment he slept last night.

Myan was nowhere to be found in the room. She left during the dawn to visit some other houses because of her nature to go somewhere at night.

Bop was already downstairs preparing the food to be cooked so he would not have any problem when the food would get ordered by someone.

The tavern was quiet and peaceful for now until one customer went inside to order breakfast and Bop started cooking already. That one customer was the beginning of the horde.

More and more were coming and this was the normal day for the tavern.

The person inside the room was sleeping until the loud laughter of men reached into his room. That didn't wake him up, he was still sleeping with the laughter from downstairs.

The moment when the smell of food reached most of the rooms in the tavern, his room included, he was able to smell the food that was cooked beautifully and deliciously.

It woke him up and smelled the food with his nose, inhaling it all.

Mhmm... What 's that delicious smell.

He went out of his bed and to the stairs. He arrived in the room and sat on the chair where it was in front of the counter.

Bop noticed him and greeted him nicely, "Hey! How's your sleep last night? Was the room okay to live in?"

"That room was really great, Bop. I slept like a rock.", he said before he yawned.

"Glad you like the place. Hahahaha!"

Bop held a plate of a dark sauce sprinkled with white salts over the rice with egg and chunks of meat on the side. He placed it on the table.

"Wow! Thank you very much, Bop."

He started eating the food with the spoon and felt each of his taste buds activated from the deliciousness of it. He kept whispering the praises of the food while eating.

"Yummy... This tastes so good... Delicious..."

Everyone praised Bop's cooking when they started eating it. This is why the people kept coming back for his food.

After he finished the plate, it was not enough for his stomach to be full. He had an incredible metabolism and a stomach. He looked so thin, he could eat a lot of things in one meal and what made his body remarkable was that he could never get fat from it. Even after the drumstick he had eaten yesterday, he was still hungry in the early morning.

"Hey, Bop! Give me another plate of it."

Bop placed another plate and said, "Here you go."

He was finally full after having twenty plates of the same food and Bop was happy from his reaction of being full.

"Ahhh... The food was great."

Bop just smiled and laughed.

He really felt happy when he could make someone full of his food and make them eat a lot of his dishes numerously. This what made him become a cook and he loved doing his job.

At that time, Leo finally came downstairs and saw him sitting on the chair drinking a glass of water.

He sat down beside the person and Bop placed a plate of food, exactly the same as what he ate earlier.

"Thanks, Pops."

He started eating with the spoon and Bop went back to cooking.

Inside the tavern was already noisy from the people around the table in the morning. They were already drinking and laughing. As everything was doing so, a new kind of noise was heard outside the tavern. There were no laughs or much noise from inside the tavern.

There were people greeting a bunch of people like they were famous.

The noises could be heard inside the tavern and the people inside started getting curious about fuss going outside. Some started looking out the windows and saw a line of crowd blocking the people they were cheering for.

The "Food and Inn" tavern was located on the left side of the main road, layer two of the kingdom. The main road was usually for the most people to walk by and it would also be the road where the kings, queens, knights, or any high ranking citizens would be able to walk to the castle because it was the only road.

Some of the people inside the tavern started going out to see what was going on in front of the line of the crowd. It seemed the people outside were giving away for a group of people to walk by to the castle.

Curiosity spread to the people inside the tavern that everyone looked outside and even Bop stopped cooking.

The person turned around from his chair and asked, "What's going on outside?"

"It must be them.", answered by Leo.

Leo ran off to the door and went outside with a face of excitement. It was like he wanted to meet his long-time parent or a friend. With his eagerness to go out and see what was outside, of course, he followed Leo.

They went out and from their perspective, they were seeing a line of people and a tall black and white knight with a long and wide sword. They could only see a part of the upper body of the knight. The lower body was covered by the people.

The people continued cheering and greeting a line of knights going to the castle. They were happy to see them back well and fine from the successful investigation they made last night.

"Welcome back!"

"They're all here! They look so cool!"

"Thank you for everything!!!!"

Leo rushed into the people and squeezed inside through them to see all of the knights. Since he was a kid, short and small, he was able to get in without any problems.

For the person, who followed Leo, he did the same thing that Leo did. He was thin and even though he was, his age didn't let him squeeze through easily but he was able to get in front of the line.

He saw Leo smiling, jumping, and waving his hands at them. He was so happy to see the knights.

The people were happy to see the knights because the knights were the protectors of the kingdom and they deserved to be cheered, praised, known and thanked whatever the rank was, lower or higher, all of them were equal. They worked so hard to become a knight, it's not as easy as signing the paper with inhibiting or learned abilities and skills. Anyone who joined to become a knight had to start from the beginning of the most strenuous, arduous, and grueling training to the end of the most strenuous, arduous, and grueling training. There was no difference at all. Everyone would surely bleed during the training and feel the pain in so many different ways. All of them suffered but nobody died.

No one skipped training even a prodigy or the strongest man in the kingdom.

Being a knight was a serious title to earn.

And the people knew about this so what they were doing was the only thing that they could do.

What was incredible in the succession of all the people who joined to become a knight was all of them became a knight. No one failed even the weakest person became a knight, only in the kingdom of Drigmor.

In front of the line was a line of knights marching on the road to the castle. Among all of the knights, three of them stood out from all of them because of their colors and designs.

Behind those three knights were knights with the same color and design of suit of armor. The color was silver and it was really smooth. Though, it did not reflect any light. The design was simple and common for low-ranking knights.

There were no symbols anywhere to be found on their armor, just the color and the design that stood out.

The design of the two suits was not intricate but it was not as simple as the common suit of armor that was worn by the knights behind them.

Three of those knights were in front of the silver knights, the left knight was short and the color of the suit of armor was metallic blue. The design of the suit of armor was curvy, making the wearer of that suit of armor as a female because the curve on the waist and the breastplate were obvious to tell. There was a sword inside a scabbard on the side.

With that design, she must be very voluptuous and slender, making her very agile and fast.

The right knight was slightly taller than the left knight. The suit of armor was spiky, there were spikes on the knuckles, the elbow, the shoulders, the poleyns —knees—, the sabaton had a spike on its end where the toes were, and a single spike on the face of the helmet. The color of the armor was red color and it was so smooth. There was a red sword behind him.

With that design, the wearer must be dangerous, even just by looking at it, anyone could tell that knight should be dealt with seriously and to be feared when someone fought the knight.

Lastly, the tall knight in the middle of the two other knights. The colors were white and black but the white was more dominant than the black. The black color was a thin line on each end of the parts of the suit armor acting like an outline. This was the only suit of armor that was intricate and stylish in design like the elbows and shoulders were broad, had curves, and edges at the tip, the breastplate was slightly pointy in the middle, the greaves reached to the thighs and the tips had curves and edges, and more.

The sword was the same in color, white and black, the white was predominant and the black was on the edges.

Among the three knights, just by looking at it, the leader could be the tall knight. Being the middle had reasons and symbols, and it could be that the tall knight must be stronger than the two knights beside.

They were all wearing a closed helmet so nobody could see who they were inside the suit of armor.

The atmosphere affected the person who forgot a lot of things. He started wowing at them without any idea what were those people wearing armor.

"Woah! They look so cool and awesome! I want to wear one!"

He was amazed by armors marching to the castle and started going near them. Leo saw him passing by in front of him and wondered, Eh? Where is he going?

He went near to the knights and it made Leo panic.

"No! Don't come anywhere near them!'

Leo shouted at him but he couldn't hear it because of the noise around them. He wanted to stop him but he was running toward the knights. He started deciding either he would go near to the knights and pull him out or stay. The decision made his heart raise because it had a time limit and he was slowly getting nearer to the knights.

What should I do? Why am I making so many decisions lately?

For Leo, it would be very embarrassing and humiliating to go near to the knights. But he knew there were no punishments for doing so, but the level of embarrassment and humiliation was too much for a kid like him.

He had finally decided and sighed deeply. His breathing was calm and steady.

"I guess, I'll let him be. He'll be fine anyway."

When he was already near to knights, he was marching with them. He was so happy doing the marching with them like he was part of it.

He shouted while pointing his finger to the castle, "Forward! March! March! March!"

Leo was shocked and thought, My decision was right!!!

When he was marching with the knights, the tall knight glanced at him and slowly turned his head back in front.

That glance itself already had reasons. What could the tall knight be thinking after seeing that kid? The kid that was surely very new in the kingdom. Could the knight notice that he was new or just someone he didn't know of?

There could be something that would happen to him. Would it be good or bad?

They all continued marching and the people started dispersing when they reached the top and stairs of the entrance to the castle. The small event finally ended and things went back to normal. All of the knights went upstairs and inside the castle.

For him, he stopped near to the stairs at the fourth layer. He was smiling and happy to see them and know them.

"Now, time to go back to the tavern."

He looked back and everything was confusing. For a straight line with people walking by, houses were on each side of the road and were almost identical, and the intersections of roads, he was lost.

"Eh? Where am I?"

He started scratching his head and thought really hard of where was the tavern was located. He walked forward while looking left and right. The amount of fun he had made him lose all the information about the tavern.

"Did I walk through a straight line? I think I did."

"Hmmm... Was it at the left or the right side?"

As his clue that he was walking straight, the tavern could be somewhere on the left or the right side. So he continued walking straight without going to the intersections.

Carefully, every house he saw, he would look to the other side to check if it was the tavern. In addition, the worst thing he had forgotten about was not the location of the tavern but how it looked like. He's in deep trouble that would lead to a result of going back up and down the slope.

Or worse than that.

As he was walking down the slope, he was talking to himself, "Hmmm... I did see a sign that says something... What could it be?"

Another clue came into his head but he was still unfortunate because he didn't know what the sign had on it. If he remembered it, he could easily tell that the house was the tavern without knowing how it looked like.

He reached to the third layer of the kingdom and continued walking.

As he was walking on that layer, he looked at his left and found a building that had a sign hanging on it like any signs out there in the kingdom. The words on the sign were in front and in the back like a coin. And he was looking in between the sign.

The wood made out of the building was similar in its color and the type of wood to the tavern.

"Aha! I found the tavern."

With his clue that the tavern was beside the main road, checked. The other clue that had a sign on the tavern, checked. Thus, he made a decision that the building he found was the tavern.

As he started going inside the building, he whispered, "The "Library" must be the sign of the tavern."

He was so clueless until he went inside. In front of him were long tables and vertical bookshelves. There were people in the place, some were sitting and reading, some were walking around with and without books on their hands, and some were picking books out from the bookshelves.

"Has the tavern been changed when I went out? If so, that was very fast... Impressive."

He was still clueless and the day reached its afternoon, the time for lunch and he was hungry. Also, he was so shocked and amazed that the place was wide, quiet, and everything was very new to his eyes and knowing.

He was looking around, trying to look for Leo and Bop because they couldn't be found.

In a quiet place where it should be, he shouted, "Leo!!! Bop!!!"

The people got annoyed and shushed him but he didn't know what that meant. People shouldn't be talking loud or even shout because it would be very rude and interruptive. People were focusing on and trying to read their books.

"..."

"...What?"

Since he didn't know what that shush was, he shouted again, "Could I get my lunch!!!!"

This time, the people didn't shush him again and just glared at him. They thought that shushing again would make more noise and could interrupt the other people who were ignoring his shouting.

Finally, he thought of something good and something with sense and whispered it, "Is this really the tavern?"

He could finally get back to tavern if he made an action of it and he did. He went near to the nearest person he could find and someone who was not glaring at him.

He saw a girl deciding for a book on the bookshelf, surely she was similar to his age and her height was slightly taller than him that there would be a huge difference if both of them were being compared. She had white and smooth skin, a voluptuous body, and her ample bosom could be obvious by just looking at her but it was slightly hidden by her clothes. Her straight hair was dominantly brown but the tips were dark brown. It was her natural hair color and in addition, her hair was silky smooth.

She was wearing a black gown with a white sleeveless tunic.

He was looking at her side so the style of her hair was that the back part reached to her shoulder blade and the side of the hair was resting on her shoulders.

He went near and asked, "Hey, do you know a tavern here?"

She looked at him and her appearance was complete to be seen by him. She was beautiful, elegant, and definitely innocent and pure. The pupils of her eyes were golden and the irises were black.

In one word that could really be seen from her complete appearance, she looked like a princess.

As she was told by a question from a complete stranger, she was glad to help anyone.

"Hmmm... A tavern?", she titled her head slightly and whispered.

She was thinking of any books that had a tavern with it. It could be a part of the story, a book about taverns, or a genre of tavern if there was. Since the place was a library, the "tavern" he asked for must be related to a book.

She was a bibliophile. She loved reading books since she was young. She had been visiting the library for many times now and had read a lot of books that she was finding for new books already to read.

With that, she was able to know a book that had taverns.

She smiled beautifully at him and answered, "I know one. Come, follow me."

Her voice was pleasing and sweet to hear. Perfect for lullabies and had a pinch of motherly voice.

He was happy that he could finally go back to the tavern and eat his lunch and was really grateful for her, "Wow, thank you very much!"

She smiled at him again and said, "You're welcome."

They walked together side by side and approached a bookshelf. She started looking for the book up and down and he just waited.

The book could have been borrowed or placed in a different place. But there was nothing to worry about that the book could in a different bookshelf because the people here were thoughtful for others. Where the book was taken out, it should be returned in the same bookshelf no matter what, even if it was in a different arrangement.

After searching for the book, it was there and she took it out. She gave it to him and he took it. He was confused about what she gave to him.

The title of the book was "Tavern"

What he was looking for was not a book and he was staring blankly at it.

"This isn't what I'm looking for."

"Really? That's the only book that is mostly about taverns."

She's really a helpful person and things got serious for her because she's a bibliophile. Though she had no pride in being a bibliophile, she would really feel sad if she could not help him out.

After that, her thoughts about "tavern" got vague because that was not the book he was looking for.

So she asked for the contents as clues of what he was looking for, "Do you have any idea about the book you're looking for like the characters, the genre or the author?"

Clearly, he didn't know what she was talking about. Both of them were confused altogether because of him.

"Hmmm... Bop is the cook and the owner. There's Leo who really helped me out. Oh! There's Myan in my room and she's a cat."

"...Bop, Leo, and Myan?", she whispered in realization and knew who they were.

Her confusion was gone and she knew what tavern he was asking for. It was not a book but the actual tavern in the kingdom.

In a situation like this, she was supposed to laugh with the same tone with her voice, but she giggled like a little girl, completely off with her normal voice.

In realization, she knew something happened. It could be something between herself only that nobody knew about it. She was shocked and could not believe it.

"...Oh no..."

She was staring blanking, somewhere not at him. Because of this, he was left out and really unclear about her reaction to him. He didn't feel any negativity from her reaction, but her reaction was really odd and unusual.

Being shocked after giggling was not a reaction that really would connect.

So he asked her, "Is there something wrong?"

She looked at his face and suddenly, her cheeks got red. She was blushing after she looked at his face. She was not even sick, she looked very healthy and fine.

Feelings? Affection? Love or something else?

He didn't know what was going on with her and slowly returned the book back to where she took it. It was right beside him. The atmosphere was not awkward but it was very normal.

For her, she couldn't take just by looking at him. She started getting weak that she grabbed his shoulders and turned him around, to avoid looking at his face. She leaned her head on his back and started breathing heavily. Her warm breath could be felt from his back and the breathing was loud enough for him to hear but he ignored it.

Could it really him? This person?

As for him, that had gotten out of his world. He didn't know why she did that and what she was doing now. He thought of something, trying to figure out what to do after what she did. He was thinking and found that could link to her actions.

He pointed out what was in front of him and said, "Are you trying to tell me that the tavern is over there?"

Obviously, that was not the case. The tavern was not where he was pointing at.

She had decided something and calmed herself. She stood up properly and acted normally. That was really mysterious from her despite that they just met and she was acting weird in front of him after that giggling and being shocked.

From that, she's back to normal like the moment they met.

"I'm sorry about that. I think, I know what tavern you are looking for.", she looked at him and smiled, "Follow me."

Now, she was able to control herself. It was weird that she was not blushing anymore after looking at him with a smile.

They walked outside and stayed on the road near to the library. She pointed out the location of the tavern.

"The tavern right over there. It has a sign "Food and Inn" It is in the second layer. You don't have to worry, just look at the left side of the road and you will find the sign and the tavern."

He really felt happy with that answer that he had been looking for. Now, he could finally eat his lunch and be back with Bop and Leo.

He smiled gently at her and said, "Wow! Thank you very much!"

She gave him a smile and replied, "You're welcome.", then she felt there was something that she needed to do before he would leave, something that she could remember him for a long time.

He started running to the area where she told so and go to the tavern and because of her feelings, she acted. She shouted at him, enough for him to hear, "Wait!!!"

He knew whose voice was that even its volume increased. He stopped and looked back immediately.

"May I know your name?"

"I don't have one."

"...What?", she whispered.

She was really surprised by what he said that he didn't have a name. She stood frozen in her place, wondering why he had no name.

From her actions, he thought she didn't hear what his words were because she was standing still. He was thinking that she was still waiting for an answer to her question when in fact, he already gave an answer. It was reasonable that the distance was far enough to hear words hardly.

So he ran back to her and answered the question again, "I don't have a name."

She had gotten curious about himself about a person who had no name. It's really impossible to have someone to not have a name and if one did not have a name, that person deserved to have one.

"So how do people call you?"

"There's nothing I can be called from them."

Then she thought of a brilliant solution to this problem. She was thinking of giving him a name and could help him feel that he was someone because she felt bad when he told her that he didn't have a name.

"Then can I name you, Book?

He smiled at her and answered, "Sure, I can use that for my name."

Both of them smiled at each other and she was really happy that he immediately accepted the name she told him because that name meant to her. For her deep love of books and reading them, books became close and personal for her. So, she decided to name him "Book" because she felt something with love for him.

He stood properly and told her, "My name is Book. Nice to meet you."

"Nice to meet you, Book. I'm Catherine."

He smiled widely because he genuinely felt happy from this moment. Now he had a name to be called like any person in the world. After this, he, eventually, left her while waving his hand goodbye. She stood there with a smile on her face that was too hard to get rid of. She continued smiling even after he entered the tavern.

There were a lot of smiles being exchanged between Book and Catherine. Surely, they would be intimate in some time.

The moment Book entered the tavern, Leo was holding empty and clean plates on his hands and Bop was cooking. They noticed Book entered and greeted him. Leo said, "You're back!"

"Yes! And I already have a name!"

Book ran forward to the counter and Leo suddenly felt happy that he thought he remembered something in his past. He was so excited that he immediately asked, "Did you really remember your past?"


"No!"

"...Eh?"

Book looked at the people behind him and shouted, "My name is Book! Nice to meet you all!"

There was a question given by Leo to Book about the name he had.

"How did you get the name?"

"Catherine gave it to me."

"...Oh, I see."

The question was answered by Book and eventually, Leo knew that Catherine named him. Though, he didn't ask why "Book" because Bop and Leo knew who Catherine was, mainly they knew she was a book lover. Obviously, they thought, that would be the name she would give.

Time had passed in the kingdom of Drigmor and everything was quiet. It was already in the evening of the day. The tavern was closed and everyone was already sleeping. The windows of the houses of the kingdom were dark like the lights had been turned off so people could sleep easily. But in the castle, there were some lights in the windows that were turned on.

One of those lights of the room, there was a tall adult man sitting on a chair in front of the desk and checking some papers with names and pictures of people.

He was in a room that was colored red predominantly because of the red ceiling, red flags on the walls, and a red carpet. The walls were smooth of blocks over blocks of clean stones. There was only one crystal chandelier with light bulbs and it was enough to lit the whole room and its stones were transparent, glittering, and reflecting. The room looked like a living room and a working place that were combined together. There were bookshelves, fancy old chairs, sofas, couches, and a long table that looked like it was for the conference.

His room definitely looked expensive and serious because of the things in the room.

He looked manly and muscular. His hair was gray, short, and spiky. He had a stubble facial hair that would add to his manly appearance. He looked so fierce and serious with his normal facial expression and a face that would never get broken. He may not be kind or someone that would be good at all times.

That's just from his face, nobody yet knew what could be his personality.

His eyes were light orange, the same as his hair. But he looked strong, wise, knowledgable, and mysterious.

He looked so formal with his black frock coat over a white shirt and a white trouser. On the chest of the left side of the coat, there was a golden twinkle shape badge. It must symbolize a ranking of a position in the kingdom.

As he finished checking the papers, he thought in his head that had been there since he saw the Book, He's not from in this kingdom.

Book might be in trouble.

0