Volume 1 Chapter 5: The Day Before His Training
27 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the castle of Drigmor, there were five floors and one basement. The basement had a beautiful underground lake where people could relax, take a bath, and enjoy the place. Anyone could go there and it was believed it could heal a lot of health problems.

The first floor had a lot of rooms, hallways, and halls. The office of the commanders, knight commanders, and Rius would be located on this floor and also the headquarters of where most of the knights would stay, the headquarters of Lena and the headquarters of Rugen. Also, the bedroom of the king would be on this floor. At the side of the castle, there were two open hallways where one side of the hallway was opened for people to see outside. These hallways were located specifically at the east and the west for people to see the east side and the west side of the castle as they were walking. The east side had a training ground where the land was filled with sands to practice. The west side had a garden with so many different species of plants and varieties of colored flowers.

The second floor would be the rooms where all the knights, maids, butlers and other workers in the castle to sleep. Each one of them had a good room to stay and feel at home. Also, each room was as fancier as the rest, everyone had equal designs of rooms.


The third floor would be the cafeteria for all the workers, knights, and higher rankings. There were so many huge pillows to sit down and rest, long tables and short tables, chairs, sofas, and other furniture. They would eat there at any time and the cafeteria would be opened for twenty-four hours. The workers at night had the whole morning and afternoon as their free time until the evening where they would work.

The fourth floor only had a big hall containing two tall hallways. Each of the hallway directed to the northeast and the northwest. The end of the northeast hallway was a huge double door and inside it was a library called "Magibry" A library where people could learn more about Magic. The northeast hallway, the end of it had a door that would open up and close down and inside was a huge room for training with Magic.

The fifth floor would be the topmost floor where it would be just a place to see the whole kingdom from the top.

The citizens could visit the castle at any time without any problem. The workers in the castle were treated fairly, good and proper. They could do anything they want only if they would do their jobs properly.

All of the people in the kingdom were one hundred percent satisfied living in the kingdom. All of them were happy and no one was tired of working. Their ancestors planned this and knew this would happen so they worked hard for the current generation to work less and enjoy life with the things they love.

In this unique kingdom, this was the only kingdom in the world where there were no payments to everything. Buy? It's all free to take. There was no money or currency in the kingdom. Everyone had to have a job that would help other people and the kingdom itself.

The people were all kind and were taught properly to think for others. They were not greedy, prideful, lustful, or any sins because each one of them had kindness within them. It was the kindness that was the root of the kingdom and it created a tree with branches of goodness like love, compassion, and all that was good.

What was remarkable in this kingdom was the people. They would only take what they need for themselves and their families and would leave some enough for others. The higher authorities had nothing higher than the ordinary citizens, they would treat each other fairly and respectfully, even the king, he put himself on the same level as the people. Everyone was equally respected and loved.

This kingdom had been developed their people since its creation because all of the people would help each other, even the kings and queens before helped in the creation of the walls.

The history was rich and was clean, with no wars. The military was made when they thought of a possibility of being invaded so they thought earlier for that if that happened and thought a lot of things for the betterment of the kingdom.

Back inside the king's throne room, Leo was surprised that Book chose to become a knight because there would be so many sacrifices to be done during the training and he surely knew that Book didn't know anything about it.

Leo felt concerned as he looked at his physique, "Are you really sure you want to take the job?"

"Yep! I want to wear that thing around their bodies."

"...A suit of armor, you say?

"Yes! That, I wanna wear!"

Rius understood the feeling of Leo as he saw Book's physique so he questioned, "Leo, did you see how Book fought Sir Lena?"

"Uh....", Leo answered as he was unsure of the fight between Lena and Book.

"Book was able to defend himself properly from the attacks from a knight commander and even with his thin body, the punch that he was able to block from his forearms could have destroyed his bones and pierced through his head and eventually, kill him."

"Eh?! That's how dangerous the punch was?! Then... Book is strong despite his body."

Leo was surprised.

"Yes and I think he can do the training and become a knight."

"Woah!!! Book, you can become a knight!", Leo celebrated as he was told by Rius with no doubts.

"That's great! Someday, I'll have the suit of armor then. Wahahaha!"

After some time, Leo and Book left the castle and went back to the tavern to eat their brunch as the day turned afternoon. When they arrived in the tavern, Leo announced, "Pops! Book is a citizen and took the knight job! Isn't that amazing?!"

"Woooh!!! A future knight in my tavern! That's a great honor! Let's celebrate!!! Hahahaha!"

"WOHOOOOO!!!", the people shouted.

All of the people inside celebrated and the tavern got loud as the celebration started. Bop cooked a lot of food and everyone was eating with so many different dishes. After Bop fed them a lot of food and had so many plates of food reserved on the tables, he started eating and drinking with them. Book, Leo, and some grown men were dancing foolishly around the room and on top of the tables. Book didn't drink alcohol, but he was acting drunk and crazy from the outflowing atmosphere of happiness and merriment and everything was wholesome and fun. The grown men were drunk and some were on the floor passed out cold, still, the party continued.

Back to the castle, it was already the afternoon of the day, Lena was inside the room of Rius as they were discussing something important about Book. She was standing in front of his desk as Rius was sitting down on his chair.

"Sir Rius, you called me?"

"It's the recruitment for Book. Could you give this paper to Kiji and tell him to mail Book for tomorrow's training?"

"Of course, sir."

"..."

Lena picked the paper and before she left the room, Rius asked her something about the test, "How do you think about Book during your fight?"

"I didn't take the fight seriously, but I say, he can really defend himself good like he has been through a lot of amateur fights and he's really tough like what you said before, but you exagerrated your words. In regard to how he was able to get in the first layer of our defense—the plants—I could not find anything from him that made it possible except..."

"Yeah... That kid has a Manifestation."

Manifestation? Could it be related to the eyes like Rius' and be the name of the power coming from the eyes or something else?

Since the first clothes that Book wore were impossible for the patrols to let him enter without noticing, the option of Lena and Rius for this case was that Book had a Manifestation. But what kind of Manifestation?

How about Magic? What's the difference between them? What could a Manifestation do that Magic could not?

Lena left the room and went to the training ground on the east side of the castle. The place was just a flat terrain of sands to train easily without getting hurt when one fell. There were some small houses which were the storages for swords, armors, and other weapons and equipment for training. As she arrived at the place, she approached a man who was sitting on a chair while eating nuts in front of two girls training with each other as they were sparring with a great hammer and a sword. One of the girls was very tall and the other was normal in height.

"Kiji, I have a paper for you to read. It's more important than your life so if you forget this, this will be the last day you'll be sitting on that chair."

"Woah, Woah... Chill, Sir Lena, I'll work on it.", he talked in a grown man's voice, but it sounded so lazy, slow, and weak.

So he took the paper and Lena immediately left the place and went to her office. He opened the mail and read it.

"Huhhhhh... A new kid to train."

Kiji was an adult man who was a teacher as well as a commander as he was wearing a commander's badge on his left chest. He was wearing a black long sleeves shirt together with his black shorts and sandals. He looked so lazy and might be the laziest person in Drigmor. What gave him a lazy look was his eyes were lazy, his body posture was always slouching when he would sit, but he would eventually stretch his body straight as his habit and walk properly in a straight body posture. He really walked slow and blinked his eyes slowly like he was an embodiment of a sloth.

His skin was white and he had black spiky messy long hair and he kept eating mixed nuts everywhere and anywhere and he kept them inside the pockets of his shorts. His eyes were small and black in color. Overall, he looked cool and calm in a lazy way, but from the words of Lena, he must be a forgetful person that would forget what he said after saying something.

He kept his packed nuts back to his pocket, stood up and stretched, "Okay, girls! Continue sparring. I'll head back to my office to mail a new trainee!"

As he called the girls, they stopped sparring and listened. And during he was walking away from the training grounds, the girls were talking with each other about the new trainee.

"Hey, Airis, did you hear that? Someone will join us in training! Is it a male or a female?", the tall girl spoke so childishly and girly with her voice and it sounded cheerful and happy.

"Pollyyy, we have to continue training so we can become knights already.", the other girl spoke seriously and sounded impatient.

The tall girl's name was Polly, she wielded the great hammer with two faces and one of the faces was bigger than the other one. Her height was centimeters close to Rius' height, she's really tall. She's sixteen years old, the same with the other girl named Airis. She had a café noir—similar to brown— straight hair that was shortened by her ponytail, without it, her hair would be medium-sized, below her shoulder blades, but the sides of her hair covered her ears and would graze her shoulders. Her skin was fair, her eyes were yellow, the clothes she's wearing, for now, was a black one-piece skin-tight clothing that would end at her thighs and between her elbows and shoulders. Along with her outfit was a white pad on her elbows and knees and white gloves. She preferred barefooted when training to feel the sands because she loved sands as she loved playing with them.

She had red cheeks, looking sweet and innocent. She was cute and lovely to look and she would act girly and childish like a playful child. Despite her childish personality, her body was curvaceous together with her ample bosom.

For Airis, her height was on a level with the abdomen of Polly. She had fair skin and the color of her straight hair was charcoal—dark gray—. Her hair was medium-sized, resting on her shoulder blades. Her eyes were blue and she looked beautiful and strong. In addition, she's prideful, confident, and serious as her face said it all. She had a face that would easily get mad at something small and thin problems. Her body was slender and had a very slim physique.

She was wearing a full-body black leotard under the light plate armor without a helmet that her leotard could be seen from the armor as her armor was small and there were gaps between each part of the armor. Also, she's wielding a normal sword.

Airis was annoyed, "Polly, wear something for your feet!"

"No!!! Also, do you think the new trainee will be stronger than us? What happens if we were defeated?"

"Can we continue training now?", Airis urged as she was getting impatient.

Polly saw Kiji went inside the castle and shouted, "Haha! We're free!"

Polly created a huge sandcastle that emerged from the sands without body movements as if she created it using her mind.

Airis was confused as to why she did that, "Sandcastle???"

And Polly ran inside. She continued laughing as she entered.

"Polly!!! Now, it's not the time to play! We have an exam tomorrow! Come back here!!", Airis entered the sandcastle to stop her.

The first appearance of Magic took form.

The time had reached the evening of the day and the celebration still continued. It was not ending at all. The tavern was filled by a lot of men and women, drunk and eating. Most of them were laughing and talking to each other. A lot of men were on the floor sleeping, some were sleeping on the tables, and some were sleeping outside. Book was still dancing with the new grown men and Leo was sleeping on his bed because he was tired while Bop grabbed a lot of men around his shoulders and laughed the loudest. They were still celebrating and the atmosphere was still the same. For a celebration that was before the training, the party was big and fun.

Supposedly, in the evening that was time for people to sleep, the only lights turned on outside the castle was the tavern. But in the castle, among the lights turned on was the office of Kiji. He was sleeping on the bed. His office was the only office that had a bed and it looked like his bedroom.

The room had no desks, chairs, and other important furniture that an office should have, but just a fancy comfy red bed with a lot of pillows. The only things inside the room was just a bed and a fridge but it was incredibly clean.

As he was sleeping, he was having a nightmare of Lena. He was sweating profusely and kept moving left and right as he felt uncomfortable with his position. He was mumbling with fear and anxiety while sleeping. In his dreams, he was seeing Lena on his doorsteps with a murderous shadowy face as she was wielding a great axe with one hand and a dark aura behind her. And he was just pretending to sleep while peeking his eyes out to see her.

Who is that? ... Sir Lena? Why is she here?

When she began to move forward, she was walking slowly while the sound of the blade of the axe was cutting through the floor. With that sound, it added the creepiness with her murderous face.

Why is she going towards my bed with an axe?!?

Kiji, now, wanted to run away and stop pretending to sleep, but he couldn't move like she used a force to keep him still.

I... I cannot move!

When she was at the side of his bed, she whispered terrifyingly, "Kiji, you forgot it, didn't you?"

Forgot? Forgot what? What are you talking about you crazy woman?!

She raised her axe with one hand and prepared to cut Kiji. And when she began to chop his head, Kiji immediately and fortunately woke up from the nightmare and saw a real axe going for his head.

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!"

He rolled to the other side and fell from the bed. He still continued rolling until he hit the wall. He looked at her and the axe stopped midway. He felt fear, anxiety, and stress that he was breathing heavily. His life flashed before his eyes. Even in a situation like this, his eyes were still lazy despite the surprise she gave to him. But his actions and words made him look like he was surprised.

Kiji knew what he heard from her, remembered, and panicked. Because of the pressure and fear, he was able to remember to make a letter for Book so he started to look around to find a pen and paper to write a letter for Book but inside his room was just a fridge and a bed.

"PEN! PAPER!!"

It was getting late and Lena had a lot of things to do for the night and she was getting impatient. She wanted to see him make the letter and send it now so she could ensure that his task was done and she could forget all about it so she wouldn't worry anymore.

Kiji was just roaming around his room and looking under the carpet, finding two items that were more important than his life. With the level of her impatience that rose to the highest, she began chopping the bed numerously. Indicating to make Kiji move faster or else, someone would be similar to his bed that was badly severed by the axe. She still had the exact appearance and aura from his nightmare.

And it made Kiji shrieked in fear whenever he saw her.

"Okay! I understand!!"

His search for a pen and paper, it was impossible to find in his office so he had it and thought of the only idea. His room was made out of smooth stones that were formed block over block like any place in the castle so he began pulling one out from the wall. He was struggling at first, but he was able to make it happen. He then bit his index finger and started writing the letter to Book about his training tomorrow with blood. He was writing nervously and hurriedly but the words looked intelligible. Overall, it looked horrifying like the letter was his dying letter.

After writing the letter on the stone block, he ran to his window and broke it. He didn't care about opening it because she was already impatient. He whistled and a bird—pigeon— came because it was a command for birds. Before the bird landed on his window, he grabbed the bird, placed the block under its feet, and release it. The bird was overwhelmed by the weight and was not given time to hold the block with its full strength so the bird fell down together with the block by gravity.

"Give that to Book from the tavern "Food and Inn"!!!"

Birds, at this time, were used for deliveries, usually letters, messages, and notes from a paper because it was faster than humans in delivering. The birds knew the people and the place as they were smart naturally and taught properly and carefully by humans.

When the bird held the block with its full strength, it was able to lift the stone as it was flying. The bird flew up and regained balance. It started flying away from the window of Kiji as it was giving a disgusted face at him, "Chirp... Chirp chirp."

In translation, " Kiji... That bastard."

Kiji quickly looked behind him and Lena was nowhere to be found in his room. The only thing that was moving in his room was the door was slowly closing. He slowly sat down and started to breathe slowly to calm himself down after the nightmare, he just experienced.

The castle became quiet and he probably learned his lesson to do his task especially coming from a person named Lena.

When the bird was arriving at the tavern, the block had gotten heavier from the beginning. The bird was struggling from the weight already because the birds were only used to carry papers, lighter than papers or slightly heavier than papers.

Oh no... I cannot hold it much longer.

When it arrived near to the tavern, the bird dropped the block like a bomb from a sky because the bird couldn't do it anymore from the weight. Either the block would get dropped or the bird would from exhaustion.

The block broke one of the windows of the tavern and it woke Leo up. He was surprised and got scared because it was his first time to experience such a moment.

"Huh! What was that?!"

He looked at his broken window and saw a block of stone around the broken shards of glass. He didn't know what to do about this and thought, Who would do such a thing like this in the kingdom?

Then a bird arrived on the broken window to rest, panting heavily from the delivery. The bird started chirping like it was mad at someone. It was translated to, "That fucking bastard, Kiji. I swear to bird god, I won't be delivering anything from him."

"..."

From Leo, he finally understood what was going on. It was not someone who threw a brick from the outside, but it was delivered from the bird so he wore his slippers and said, "Why would someone deliver us a brick? Could there be something from the brick?"

He went near to the brick and the letter was face flat to the floor so he didn't see the letter at first sight. He took the brick and started observing the item. When he turned it around and there were three bloody letters, "TOMORROW BOOK EAST"

"IS THIS A DEATH THREAT OR WHAT!?!"

Leo was shocked by the three bloody letters but he immediately left his room and told the letter to Book. Of course, Leo knew what the letter was and elaborated it to him.

"Book! A letter came about your knight job! You'll start your training tomorrow on the east side of the castle."

"Woah! Then I cannot wait for tomorrow's training. A suit of armor will be mine.", he smiled so excitedly.

Somewhere outside the plants, far away, there was a group of grown-up men walking towards the direction of the plants. They were walking casually like it was their route to walk by. The evening was still dark even the moonlight was shining under the lands and their faces couldn't be seen but only their dark shadowy figures. There were six heads so there were six people.

Who were these guys? They could pass by the plants like anybody else outside the kingdom of Drigmor though.

0