Volume 1 Chapter 6: Book’s First Training
22 1 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Early in the morning, at the east side of the castle, the training grounds, Kiji was already sitting down on his chair while eating mixed nuts as he was watching the girls sparring with their bare hands and feet for today's exam. The east side of the castle was as normal as every day in the kingdom.

Back in the tavern, Leo just woke up and he was still tired and sleepy as he kept yawning for now, but he would be energetic later on. He was rubbing his eyes when opened the door of Book's room. When he entered, he said, "Book, you have the training to do today."

"..."

He stopped rubbing his eyes and saw the room clean and tidy. He wanted to remind Book about his training today and Book was nowhere to be found in his room so Leo thought, He must be downstairs...

Leo went downstairs and Book was still not there so he thought, Huh...

"Pops, do you know where Book is? I should remind him of his training today."

Bop was just cutting meats and greens over the chopping board, "You're a little bit late, Leo. He's already at the castle."

"Oh... He must be an early riser."

This was the day when Book anticipated to go to the training grounds and he did, he was already walking on the sands of the training grounds towards Kiji's back. And he didn't wake up early because he was an early riser, but.

I will have a suit of armor of my own!

He smiled seriously and excitedly. He really wanted a suit of armor more than the title "Knight"

His interest in a suit of armor was nothing but a possession to have it. Like any other young people out there who wanted something out of desperation because it caught their interest.

When the girls were sparring, Polly noticed someone walking towards Kiji so she stopped, "Hey, is that the new trainee?"

Airis ignored the new trainee and continued sparring so she was able to punch Polly's stomach.

Polly flinched from the pain, "Ouch! Hey!", and wrapped her stomach with her arms.

"Focus, Polly. Focus in important in battle or else you're dead in seconds."

She stopped wrapping her stomach and looked at the new trainee, "Huh, a male..."

"WHO CARES ABOUT HIM!!!"

Airis got mad for a second, but she stopped for a moment to look at the new trainee. She didn't think anything about him, but Polly observed, "I've never seen someone who wants to become a knight with that body. He's thinner than you, Airis and he has no muscle build-up. From afar, he looks like a stick with black hair and clothes. But his face looks strong, energetic, and confident, though."

"... I don't like the way he smiles.", Airis whispered.

Airis felt annoyed after seeing Book with a smile that went together with his facial expressions.

Book went near to Kiji and Kiji looked at him, "My name is Book! My name was given by Catherine and I live in the tavern of Leo and Bop. I'm here for the training!"

"No need for that details, Book... And I'll be your teacher, Kiji.", he stood up, stretched, and continued chewing nuts.

Kiji placed his packed nuts back in his pocket and continued, "Let me introduce you to the girls... Your classmates."

When Kiji and Book were in front of the girls, Kiji introduced Book to them, "Airis, Polly, this is Book. He's really late from the training, but you will still be training with him for some time."

He continued as he called Book and introduced the girls, "Book, her name is Polly."

Polly squatted, "Nice to meet ya~"

"And her name is Airis."

"..."

"So both of them are from Grigmor kingdom... I think that's it?... So... Book, we will have an exam today and I think for starters you can watch them fight. And you can learn a lot from them."

"Will I get a suit of armor for doing that?"

What an odd question when it was received by them but it was normal for Book. So Kiji answered unclearly, "Yeah?..."

Kiji looked at the girls and pulled two small red bands out from his other pocket.

"So girls, today as we agreed that you will have an exam. And that exam is nothing but a game to play... This band is combined with Magic. A single touch from a different person will instantly explode like confetti. Don't worry, it won't hurt anything."

Kiji gave one band to Airis and to Polly, "That thing can be worn any parts around your body. So it's your choice where to wear it... The exam is as simple as touching your opponent's band and win. But there are two rules: Only use your body to touch the band, no use of Magic, and don't use your surroundings as an advantage like the sands."

Polly interrupted, "Teacher Kiji, that's three rules."

"...Oh. Well then, you understood the exam?"

Polly answered, "Yessss!", as Polly wore hers around her left shoulder and Airis was thinking something as she realized about the game.

Wait a minute? Polly will win this exam easily!!

"Teacher Kiji!"

Kiji and Book were already walking far away and he didn't hear her words.

"Tsk.", she was disappointed and wore hers around her right ankle.

The band was small but it could stretch long and tighten around the body fittingly and it was mixed with Magic. The Magic in it was that the band would recognize the wearer and if anybody else touched it, the Magic would activate that it was touched by someone.

After some seconds, Airis and Polly were left in the middle of the sands while Book and Kiji were far away from them. Of course, Kiji was sitting down and eating nuts while Book was standing beside him.

The exam already started when they were left in the middle of the place but none of them made a move yet. The atmosphere between the girls was not heated up. But both of them were competitive in their own kind of competition.

Polly was swaying her body left and right confidently and gave a peace sign to Airis with a cute smile, "Are you ready, Airis~"

Airis didn't answer as she was busy thinking of how to touch Polly's band. Her face was serious but as a result of her thinking, I am at a complete disadvantage in this exam!

Airis and Polly had been childhood friends since they were toddlers. They had fought each other a lot of times for and practices as both of them wanted to become a knight and rise up in ranking. So Airis knew who Polly was and what she was capable of with her incredible physique and skills.

Polly pouted and was getting impatient because nothing was happening so, "Hmmmmmmph... I'll start then."


She dashed towards Airis at great speed. The distance of her foot could reach very far away because of the length of her legs. In less than a second, she was already near to Aris. As for Airis, she was distracted by her crumpled thoughts and saw Polly nearing at her, Shit! I need to move back!

Airis quickly jumped toy from Polly and think more about how to touch the band.

Polly took one step forward and reached her right hand towards Airis' body. Her arm stretched farther away like a coiled snake that no one would know how long the snake was unless it was straightened. Airis may think it was impossible to reach because she was able to move away from her, but she underestimated Polly.

Airis was shocked that she was caught, Fuck!

Polly was able to grab the left waist of Airis. She held it tight and got Airis that she was not able to move backward fully. With a grip like that, Airis was done. It was like a snake that bit at something and would never let go. After that, she used her other hand to touch the band of Airis.

The band exploded with confetti and Polly won the exam. Airis already knew the outcome of who the winner was and was not surprised.

Polly placed her other arm on the other side of Airis' waist. Airis knew that once Polly would grab a single body part with one of her hands, it was done. She started struggling and tried to reach Polly's band but it was too far. Airis' hands just reached the end of Polly's forearm.

"Wahhhhhhh!!! This is unfair!", as she slammed her hands on Polly's forearms.

Polly was smiling, "Airis, you look like a baby! Hahaha!"

"Stop laughing! You knew this was already in the bag!!"

Polly continued to smile and now giggled. Airis didn't feel embarrassed or humiliated because this competition was Polly's. Airis wouldn't get competitive in Polly's game but she wanted to have a different type of exam that's both fair for the girls that she could have a chance to win.

Airis was frustrated about this game that Polly had high advantages because of her height. She looked at Kiji mad, "Oi!!! Teacher Kiji, this is unfair!!"

Kiji was sleeping while snoring loud with his head upwards.

"WAKE THE FUCK UP, YOU LAZY SHITHEAD!!!"

He woke up from the angry shout and was confused, "What? Who?", as he looked left and right.

After that, he looked at the girls and it seemed it was settled, "Oh, the exam was done? Good job, you won, Airis."

"I LOST, YOU FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT!"

Book stood still and didn't react anything that was going on but he knew what was going on. Kiji stood up and went to the girls. Polly placed Airis down gently and Airis confronted Kiji.

"Heh? So what's the problem?"

"It's impossible to beat Polly in this exam! She has the HEIGHT, speed, thinking, and strength!!!"

"Really? Impossible isn't what I learned when I was training to become a knight."

"Oh, yeah? Why not try to go against Polly in your stupid game."

"Sure, I'll show you what a commander can do against kids like you.", he said confidently and cool and smiled faintly.

Airis didn't have any doubts about Polly losing against Kiji even he had more experience and all so she stood her ground with a serious face. She had a lot of thoughts on how to touch the band of Polly but all of them were useless because she knew Polly could counterattack all of them. Both of them weren't dumb and stupid so fooling Polly was useless, distraction was nothing, and if Airis fought her, she would be badly injured so she was fully on the defensive, avoided attacking Polly, and lessen Polly's offensiveness towards her. She had the speed and Polly had that too, but faster, their thinking, both of them had that, strength, Polly had more in her, but Airis was nowhere near hers. But the height, that was the problem Airis had been thinking before Polly dashed at her.

The exam was not told beforehand so they couldn't think of what to do.

Height was an important feature that could really take the person in a higher advantage especially this kind of exam where touching something to win. Airis thought that Kiji just gave them an exam for Polly to win and for her to lose.

Did he think about this or this was just the traditional exam that had been used for many years? For all that was important, Kiji didn't know much about Polly but Airis knew her.

Kiji took out another band and placed it on his right ankle, exactly where Airis did to her band, to teach her that she was just lacking critical thinking, planning, and timing against someone who was fast, tall, strong, and smart. Indeed, impossible was just an excuse against someone who was better than them because what Kiji would do could surprise Airis and tell her she was wrong that impossible was possible. And touching Polly's band was as easy as grabbing the falling leaves in autumn with bare hands.

"..."

Kiji was already caught as Polly was holding his right ankle with her right hand, like a fisherman who caught a big fish, and Polly won. Both of them dashed towards each other swiftly that lead to a fast victory for Polly.

Book was laughing hysterically at Kiji who was hanging, "You didn't even last a second!!! Hahahaha!!!", then he started laughing on the sands because Kiji looked like a joke already after saying his words.

Airis whispered proudly with a smug, "Heh, I lasted for three seconds."

"Uh... I don't think you should feel proud of that.", Polly looked at her with a blank face.

Polly was a whole pack in one, she was strong, smart, quick, and could predict movements and her greatest strength was her body. She was not easy to fool as she had a lot of concrete thoughts like plans, tactics, and strategies. Even with a number of thoughts, she could still concentrate on her mind and body. Airis and even a commander could not defeat her alone. But everyone had their own weaknesses and Airis knew it.

Why didn't Airis use it against Polly?

Polly placed Kiji down gently and he started cleaning some sands off from his clothes before standing straight.

"Well, I think Polly wins."

Airis talked back, "But, you know the outcome of the exam!"

"Ahhhh... Don't worry, this exam has nothing in the effect of you in becoming a knight."

"...But this is an exam, I should be behind Polly now."

"You want to go against Book in this exam?"

"..."

"So what should we do now after the exam?"

Polly was shocked and thought, You completely ignored the question!!!

Airis had something with hate towards Book that nobody had noticed it yet as she had been ignoring him and she was not friendly at him at all. Is it hate or something else?

The day reached the afternoon and Kiji realized what the time was. It was lunchtime already in the kingdom of Drigmor.

"Well, I think I will dismiss you all for now to eat lunch. Girls, you're free for today after the exam."

"Yes, Teacher Kiji.", said by the two girls.

"...Book, after lunch, come back here for your training."

"Okay!"

Everyone started to go in their own directions as Book went back to the tavern to eat his lunch, the girls went to the third floor to eat their lunch, and Kiji went back to his office to sleep.

When Book was already at the tavern eating pieces of meat and some other dishes on the plates, he was asked by Bop who was cooking, "So how was your training?"

"I just watched Airis and Polly do their exam.", while he was munching.

Book finished his plates and continued, "Bop, give me another one!"

"Here you go!"

He took a bite from a fish, "Delicious!"

Somewhere around the third layer of the kingdom, there was a building that had a sign "Children's Daycare" and Leo was outside holding a box of lunch.

The front yard of the daycare was covered with sands and had a swing set, slide, and a see-saw. The building was made out of light wood and the walls were painted with flowers, animal and human stick figures, and more. There were no children outside and Leo went inside the building.

Inside the daycare was a single huge room filled with toys, small chairs and tables, bookshelves, and more. The floor was covered with multicolored mats and everything was clean and tidy. The children were eating on their tables while Catherine was arranging the books on the bookshelf. She noticed him and greeted him nicely, "Good afternoon, Leo. Are you here for Selen's lunch?"

"Yeah."

"She's in the backroom for a moment, right now. You can place her lunch on her desk."

"Okay."

Leo placed the lunch box on the desk and proceeded to the back room to greet Selen, "Hi, mom!"

Selen just placed a box of toys on the floor and noticed her son, "Leo!", and went near him to hug him, "How are you?"

"I'm fine, I just got your lunch on your desk."

"Thank you, Leo, and say that to your father when you come back."

"Okay.", he answered with a smile.

Selen was the mother of Leo, wife of Bop, and the owner of the daycare. She had brown eyes and brown wavy long hair. She was wearing a dark green long sleeves tunic and a black gown. She looked beautiful and curvy because of her waist. She looked gentle and friendly.

Leo went out to go back to the tavern.

In the castle, the third floor where the cafeteria was, Airis already finished her lunch and was eating her ice cream from a glass cup with a spoon while for Polly, she was still eating her lunch as there was still a lot of plates on the table. She would eat a lot, probably because of her body as she needed a lot of calories for the whole day. On the table, there was a plate of fancy food like a plate of fish coated with red sauce, pancakes, steaks, lamb chops coated with lamb sauce, skewers, lots of desserts, and a small tree in a pot that was edible from the trunk up to the leaves. Even from that, she's still healthy, and fit.

When Polly swallowed her food, she asked Airis about something from her behavior towards Book. There would be some people that would not notice from the actions of Airis towards Book but Polly immediately noticed it as it was odd as she knew Airis well, "Airis, do you have something with Book?"

"Huh? Why are you asking that kind of question?", she was confused.

"You're acting hateful towards Book like that time when you shouted that you didn't care, the moment when you were being unfriendly at him during when Teacher Kiji introduced us, and when you rejected the suggestion of Kiji of challenging Book against you. You've been ignoring him on his first day of training."

"Do my actions really look like hateful? For you to be informed, I shouted those words because you hindered our training. For the second one, I was just being myself and didn't know what to say. In the last part, I could easily win the exam. Why should I accept his challenge, when he just started training. You want me to destroy him before he could carry the armors?"

"Hmmmmm...", Polly lowered her eyelids as she started having doubts.

"You're still not accepting that I have nothing towards him, aren't you?"

"Then, care to explain when you said, "I don't like the way he smiles." I heard your whisper."

Airis felt annoyed and thought, What's her problem?, and answered nonchalantly, "I said that because it didn't like it. That's all."

"Okay...", she took a bite of meat from her fork, chewed, and swallowed, "To be honest, I thought you liked him."

"The hell is wrong with you? I just met him."

What Polly wanted to confirm from her thoughts about Airis was that she had something for him, but throughout the conversation, Airis was showing nothing at all. She was so calm and couldn't care less about answering. And that confirmed Polly's thoughts and it was sorted out as love, at first sight, was false.

But was that from her feelings or from her thoughts? Because things could be solved through feelings and thoughts when it was executed well. Her constant nonchalant facial expression could be hiding something in her heart or nothing at all.

In the Children's Daycare, after hours from lunch and games, the children were sleeping on the clean fluffy mats on the floor with pillows around as Catherine and Selen were kneeling. Catherine was slowly patting the child's head who was on her laps. The daycare was silent after the games they played. While at it, Catherine asked Selen quietly to not wake the children up, "Selen, do you know a person name Book in the tavern?"

"Hmmm... I heard that name from Bop... I think he lives in one of our rooms.", Selen talked in a motherly voice.

"... Are there still unoccupied rooms to live?"

"Are you planning to live near Book?"

Catherine started to blush as she heard the name and she looked away from Selen's eyes and Selen smiled like she discovered something, My my my... What's this?

Selen continued and acted she didn't know, "Of course, we still have available rooms. I think there are still three more rooms unoccupied and you're always welcomed to live one."

Catherine smiled happily and excitedly as she heard that she could live in one of those rooms, "Thank you, Selen."

"You're welcome, Catherine", she replied, but inside her mind, I have a plan...

She continued, "Catherine, could you take care of the daycare for this time? I need to back to the tavern for something important."

"No problem, Selen."

"Thanks, Catherine."

Both of them smiled at each other and eventually, Selen left the daycare to Catherine. What could Selen be thinking after she noticed that Catherine, the sweetest, most innocent, and purest girl in the kingdom, had feelings for Book? What would she do when she arrived in the tavern?

After Book finished eating, he went back to the castle excited. When he reached back to the training grounds Kiji was there sitting down while eating nuts.

"I'm back, Kiji!"

"Oh... That's great. Now, you see those pile of parts of armor?"

Kiji didn't point out where the pile was so Book looked for it and found it, "Yeah."

"Take all of them back inside the storages and that's your training for today."

"Heh?! How am I supposed to get a suit of armor by carrying them to a small house?"

Book was surprised that he was supposed to do something that would get him a suit of armor, but what he got was carrying them. For this unbelievable moment, Kiji noticed something between Book and armors and remembered something that he said before but he had to make sure, "Wait, you said something about you wanting armors right?"

"Yeah."

"To earn an armor, you must first get used to the weight before using them. With that, you can wear the armor for a long time. Wearing one is very heavy, you know."

"Ah. Good point.", as he slammed his hand on his palm.

Kiji was not wrong when he said about getting used to the weight of the armor. Wearing one was very heavy and could easily exhaust the wearer if they wouldn't get used to the weight.

Book ran to a huge pile of armors, but before he carried them back to the storages, he was amazed by them and wore them. He tried them all and all of them couldn't fit Book properly, some were too tight and some were too loose.

Kiji heard his wowing over the armors and slowly turned his chair using his feet to see him, "Book! You'll end in the evening if you don't start what you're supposed to do!"

"I'll do it right after this! Woah!!! This one looks cool! Amazing!"

Kiji observed him and was slowly closing his eyes because he couldn't take to see the same thing again and again so he got bored and slept.

Evening came and the kingdom got cold because of the night. Kiji felt the chills as his hair rose up and shivered, "Woh, it's cold..."

The training ground was lit up by torches around the area so the place was visible from far away. Kiji looked at Book and saw him still trying the different parts of the armor. He was still enjoying the armors and wore different styles around his body and the pile of armor was spread out from the place. Kiji didn't think this would be the result, but he should have known this, Huh... He's still playing with them.

He stood up, stretched, yawned and went to Book, "Hey, Book, it's time to leave. It's already late."

Book stopped and noticed, "Okay!"

He left all the armors he wore and left the place. Kiji thought about Book's training, I think the kid was too excited. Hopefully, he will do it tomorrow.

Kiji was not mad at him for not doing his task because he would be a hypocrite if he got mad at him for not doing his task after being told to do so. Even he was a teacher, he should do what's right, but all that was right would depend on the different people. He understood that he was happy and he should let him be happy for a moment because he knew that eventually, in the end, he would get his own suit of armor and become a knight.

Book went back to the tavern and before he went inside, there were new noises of a laugh in the tavern and the place got louder than before. When he entered, he saw new six men, eating, drinking, laughing, and talking loud. Three of them were healthy and had almost the same height, one of them was very fat, one was very thin, the last was very tall. One of the three was smoking cigars, rest were drinking and laughing, the tall man was doing pretty much the same with the rest and the fat man was holding two beer barrels around his arms as those were his cup of beer. Among all of them having brown, black, blonde hairs, bandana, glasses, goggles, one of them stood out. He was wearing house clothes for a black shirt, beach shorts, and slippers. His hair was wine—dark red—color. All of their ages were between thirty to fifty and they were well-built like muscular except for the fat man and the thin man.

The wine haired man noticed Book as a new kid in the tavern and called him, "Hey! I've never seen you before!"

"Hey! I have never seen you before, too!

They were pointing each other's fingers as both of them didn't know who they were and the man sounded so drunk.

Most of the people were staring at Book while Book was staring at the wine haired man and the place got quiet for a moment. But Leo broke the silence and introduced, "Kairos, his name is Book, he just became a citizen of this kingdom, and he's currently training to become a knight."

"Book, huh... What a weird name."

"Oi! Catherine gave this name to me!"

"Her? I see now."

Book was slightly mad at Kairos who said the name was weird. He loved the name and would not tolerate it anymore if anybody badmouthed the name again because Catherine gave it to him and he would genuinely protect it.

For Kairos, it seemed he had been in the kingdom of Drigmor for a long time that he knew who Catherine was and the people in Drigmor.

Things got serious in the tavern as Book was looking mad like he was about to fight while Kairos was acting normal.

Suddenly, Kairos laughed hysterically at Book, "Hahahaha! I cannot imagine a kid like you becoming a knight!"

"What did you say?!"

Now, Book got mad for making fun of him that he looked so thin for a knight. He ran towards Kairos, but Kairos stopped him from running by placing his hand on his face. He was relatively tall and Book's hands couldn't touch his face.

"You bastard! Come here!"

"Hahahaha, are you sure you're taking the knight job or the armor stand job? Hahahahaha!!!"

His men laughed at Book because it was funny. From the face of Kairos and most of his men were looking drunk.

One of his men stopped laughing and told Kairos, "That's enough teasing, Kairos. He might change his job."

The thin man joined, "Ey, Book. You can call me if you want me to coach you."

Kairos and his men laughed together.

Book was struggling to get his hands on Kairos' face but he was able to push his arm aside and shouted mad, "Damn you! I will show you that I can become a knight."

Book gave Kairos a serious and fierce face and Kairos just smiled faintly at him.

Kairos offered him a drumstick of meat and told him, "Show me, kid."

He took the meat, took a bite, and swallowed, "Your name is Kairos, right? Remember my name and my words, Kairos! I will become a great knight!", as he pointed the meat at him.

Book...

He left the tavern with the drumstick and went back to the castle. After that heated conversation between Book and Kairos, things went back to normal as the place got noisy. Leo was worried about what Kairos did to Book so he asked Bop, "Will Book be okay?"

"From the face, he gave to Kairos... Kairos knew that Book will definitely become a knight. Of course, he will."

Bop and Leo looked at Kairos who was laughing loud with a mug of beer with his friends and some people. They were really drunk.

Book ate his food as he was running back to the training grounds to finish the task to become a knight quickly while talking back to Kairos, "Damn that Kairos! I will really show him! I'll have the best armor in the world!"

Book still thought that having an armor would equal being a knight so he's feeling in great need for a suit of armor.

When he arrived back at the pile of armors, he started carrying all of them to the storages and he was struggling because they were so heavy but he didn't give up. There were a lot of them like a million parts of armors. He started sweating and panting, but he continued.

Somewhere in the second layer of the kingdom, there was a medium-sized house. Inside the house was cozy and old. Everything looked comfortable and lovely to live. There was an old lady and an old man living in the house. They were inside the living room sitting down comfortably on the sofa. After that, Catherine came out of the kitchen after washing the dishes. Right now, she was wearing house clothes, white short shorts, and a white loose sleeves shirt. She approached her grandparents and sat down on the sofa.

"Grandma, grandpa? Do you know something more about our family, Lufu?"

"... About the Magic within the name? ", her grandma answered.

"Yes."

Her grandfather answered, "Ohh... Have you found your partner?"

"It seems, I have...", she started to blush about it.

"You know, our family inherited a mysterious power. You, your mother, and I have this... It's the power to find your true. I don't know much about this but it has something to with us acting with our deepest self. How did you act when you found your partner?"

"... I giggled like a child when I was young. I shouldn't have that voice when I'm all grown up."

"Ah... When I found your grandfather, I suddenly acted shy and embarrassed when I was confident and aggressive before. Your mother acted violently towards your father when she was sweet and loving. This Magic has something to do with our true self that will show up to the person that indicates a concrete future of love and happiness between you and the person."

"What's the possibility that I will be together with...", she fully blushed as her cheeks got red and were fidgeting with her fingers, "Book?"

"You found your fate in him, yet his fate isn't connected with yours. You have to get the attention of his body and soul to connect his fate to you."

"Grandma, grandpa... May I live somewhere else?"

Both of them smiled happily and said, "Sure, dear.", and "Go get him."

She smiled at them and was giving them a face of excitement. She headed upstairs to prepare her bags and all to move to the tavern "Food and Inn"

Magic had now been mysterious as it could affect the names of a person and pass it to the next generation.

After packing her things, she wore a small bag at her back. Since there were clothes and necessities in the room of the tavern, she just picked what was missing from the room. She waved goodbye to her grandparents and left in the evening and walked to the tavern. It was already late, but the tavern was still open as the lights were turned on.

When she entered, there were men, Kairos, and his friends sleeping on the floor and the tables. Catherine walked by them and approached Bop who was cleaning the kitchen. He noticed her and greeted her, "Ah! Catherine, Selen told me about your advancing in one of our rooms."

"Yes."

"Go upstairs, Selen is there waiting for you."

"Okay, thanks."

She was thinking of what Selen was doing as she remembered that Selen left early from the daycare to do something important.

She went upstairs and heard a noise of a table being dragged inside the room at the right side near to the stairs, "Could she be in here?"

She knocked on the door of Book and Selen answered, "Come in, Catherine."

Selen knew it was her and didn't doubt that it was Book. And so, Catherine entered and saw a room that was family-sized. There was a dining table, shelves, carpets, a kitchen, a bigger bed, and more. It was cozier and more comfortable than before. The room basically turned into a house. She was amazed by the room and said, "Did you all of this, Selen?"

"Nope, Bop did. I just checked the place if it's right for a family to grow up."

"Family?"

Catherine failed to recognize what Selen meant for the room for her and Book so Selen just let it slide and kept it that way because sooner or late, she would recognize it later in the future. After that, Selen smiled and told her, "Make yourself at home, Catherine. I'll leave the room for you."

"Thanks, Selen."

Selen went to the door and left. Catherine made herself at home and fixed all her belongings in the bag into the room, "Okay! Everything is done.", and then yawned.

She wore an oversized white shirt that its length ended between to her thighs that her shorts were covered and before she laid down on the bed, she turned off the lights and stretched. The evening was brightened up by the moonlight as it went inside her room from the windows. Her white shirt was thin and the moonlight made it translucent that the figure of her voluptuous body could be seen from the inside. Eventually, she laid down on the bed and covered herself with the blanket.

Sometimes, she realized something and thought, This smells familiar...

Then she sniffed the blanket three times and immediately remembered who had the smell. She just smiled without saying whose smell was that and slept comfortably on the bed.

In some time, Myan went inside and slept on the carpet as it was as comfortable as the bed. She had her dinner from different houses and decided to sleep in the room of Catherine and Book.

In the headquarters of Lena and Rugen, the knights informed Lena and Rugen about a piece of information that was not important, dangerous, and needed, but they should know about it. Since it was not important, the information was sent by letter rather than a telephone. Both of them read it, "Sir, one of our people came back in the kingdom. He brought his friends together with Kairos, the Red Horseman."

What's the Red Horseman?

0