Volume 1 Chapter 9: The Little Adventure
16 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Morning came in the kingdom of Drigmor, but it was too early for the people to wake up yet. Somewhere outside the castle, a pigeon was flying towards the tavern with a rolled letter in its claws. It landed on the window and started pecking the glass. Book and Catherine were still sleeping from the pecking of the glass, but it didn't stop until it woke Catherine as the sounds of it never stopped. She slowly opened her eyes and saw what's in front of her. She saw a bird on the window. Amazingly, she slept with the same sleeping position from the beginning. When she saw the bird on the window, she thought, Huh? A letter for me?

She lifted her upper body and there was a small amount of light that went inside the room from the outside since the sunlight was still weak and covered by the plants. She didn't have a bed hair and slowly stretched her torso and her arms. She flipped the blanket and when she got out from bed, unknowingly, she let the back of Book exposed from the blanket. She stood up with her oversized loose white shirt that reached to her thighs and walked to the window slowly while yawning. When she approached the window, she opened it. She lifted it up and the bird hopped forward with the letter. The letter was inside the claws and she touched the middle part of the letter, making the bird released its claws and hopped backward. After that, she took the letter and was happy about the hard work of the bird that she rubbed the head and the neck as a reward, making the bird's leg move up and down in a fast manner like a dog because it was liking it.

She whispered with a smile, "Good work."

The bird chirped happily and in translation, "Damn, this girl is hot!"

She opened the letter and started reading. While reading, she turned around and walked to the bed. She was so focused on the letter that she didn't recognize Book's head and back. When she was near to the bed, she sat down. After that, she finished reading. She was surprised that the letter was for Book, but she didn't know yet that her room was shared with Book and he's literally behind her. She was confused and told the bird, "Mr. Bird, this isn't Book's room."

The bird was sitting down on the window while staring at Catherine. The bird had a perverted smile and a bloody nose.

She didn't know why the bird sent a letter for Book to her room until he pulled the blanket as his back was getting cold. She was sitting on the blanket and Book kept pulling it so he could cover his back entirely. Catherine felt the blanket being pulled out from her butt and squeaked, "Eh?"

She looked behind and saw Book pulling it while sleeping. And she was so quiet from what she was seeing, but inside her feelings, she was surprised and didn't know what to do. So she lifted herself up slightly and Book finally pulled the blanket. Then he covered himself more with the blanket.

During the time when she was silent, she was thinking of why Book was sleeping on the bed with her. That's when it all added up from her thoughts and whispered with a beautiful smile, "Ah... Selen must have noticed it."

Catherine, now, knew what Selen was talking about and she knew that Catherine had feelings for Book. That's not the only thought she had, but also that, she knew that Selen was supporting her with their future relationship as Book had no feelings yet for Catherine.

Thank you, Selen. I'll work hard for it...

Catherine turned around and crossed her legs on the bed. Then she touched the left arm of Book gently with the blanket. It was fine enough that he didn't feel pain from it. She blushed with a smile while touching it. And after that, she was excited and happy early in the morning, Alright!

She left the bed and fixed herself for work. She placed the letter on the short table near the bed, beside Book. Eventually, she left their room.

She didn't want to wake up Book for the letter, it would be rude to wake someone up after training. From the letter she read, she knew that Book was training to become a knight so she gave him to rest because she knew that he must be very tired.

Though Book didn't know yet that she stayed in their room, so there would be a surprise for him.

Hours and minutes passed, Book woke up late with a grumbling stomach as he was very hungry.

He mumbled tiredly, "Okay, stomach... I'll eat."

His stomach grumbled again and in translation, "Yeah, that's right. Stand up and fucking feed me."

It was already the late afternoon and he skipped his breakfast and lunch. He woke up with a tired face. He yawned and went to the door shirtless and with a black dress. He sat down on the chair in front of the counter and told Bop, "Bop, I'm hungry."

Bop saw his sleepy face and started cooking up, "Okay! Coming right up."

After that, he placed a lot of dishes on his table and it energized Book.

Book was surprised and happy from the different dishes on the table, "Yoohoo! They look delicious!"

He started eating them all without stopping and Bop was laughing at Book for enjoying his food. While he was eating, he asked, "Hey, Bop, do you know where my clothes are?"

"Eh? They aren't in your room?"

"Nope."

Bop stopped cooking and started thinking, "Hmmm..."

Then he realized as everything was changed in his room.

"Ah! It's right beside your door. Didn't you see it? There are two cabinets"

Book nodded in disagreement and answered, "Two cabinets? I think I must have missed it."

After some time, he finished his meal and went up to change his clothes. While going to the stairs, Leo just went out from the door, behind Bop, and saw Book. He wondered, Why is he wearing a dress?

Book went to his room and found another cabinet that was beside the door. The cabinet he opened in front, beside the bathroom door. After changing, he ran downstairs to the door and said farewell to Bop and Leo, "I'll be back from the training!"

But before Book went out, Leo notified him, "Book, why are you wearing a dress?"

He stopped at the door and looked behind at Leo, "Huh?"

He looked down and saw a curvature from the dress.

"What's this? This isn't my shorts!"

Book was surprised by what he wore and ran back to his room. Leo didn't know yet that Catherine stayed together with Book, but Bop knew, so he thought, What happened between Book and Catherine last night?

Now, Book went down and continued running to the door, "Bye!"

Leo waved his hand while Bop smiled as he left. It seemed Book forgot to read the letter on the short table which it told Book to have a rest day. Because he was determined to become a knight, he went back to the training even with recovering injuries. Also, it was hard to know if that letter was for him since it was just there and he didn't bother to know what was that letter even he saw it.

When he reached the training ground, the place was empty. It made him confused, "Eh? Where are the dummies and the armors I placed yesterday?"

He went to the storages of the training ground and tried to open them, but they were locked as they refused to be opened with force.

"Hmmm... It's lock... Why is this lock? I should be training right now!"

"..."

"Maybe, Kiji has the keys. Then I need to look for him."

He went back to the castle to find Kiji. He went to the entrance of the castle and proceeded to the main hall. He started deciding where to go as he was looking at the east, north and the west hallway, "Hmmmm... If I remember the north is the throne room.", he looked at the north hallway.

He continued, "So it's either the left or the right."

"..."

He tried thinking deeply, in hope, he could be lucky and find Kiji easily so he could train now. After thinking, his thoughts resulted, "If things go right, everything is right. So it is the right way is that is always right."

He may be dumb and stupid, but that's who he was. So he ran to the east which was the right direction as Book faced the north hallway. There were so many hallways and halls on the first floor and he just ran anywhere inside the east side of the castle.

Every time he was running, he kept on whispering to himself, to cheer himself to keep on moving, "Right... Right... Right..."

From his words, he kept on going to his right when there's a hallway as he believed that the direction, right, was right.

Book had no idea that Kiji would be in a room because right now, Kiji was sleeping in his office. So he just thought that he could find him by running around and eventually, stumble upon him.

When he was running, he went back to the main hall without noticing anything similar. He went straight and ran to the west hallway. His face was so determined to find Kiji that he would never stop running. In the west, there were as many hallways and halls as the east

When he was in a hallway and turned right to another hallway, he passed by Zarthus on the floor who was facing at the carpet. He didn't mind Zarthus on the floor as he was very focused. But after turning right, right, right, and right again, he passed by Zarthus again.

Zarthus noticed someone as he felt the winds of someone running by at him, so he looked up and saw Book. Zarthus was panting hard and his face was so sweaty and tired like he just ran a mile without stopping. Book was already far away and he said in an exhausted and dehydrated voice, "Book...", he raised his hand at Book, trying to gesture of a need of help.

Book didn't hear that obviously so he continued running. After that, Zarthus started crawling with his arms and hands. He was mumbling in pain every time he pulled himself forward, "Uhh... Uhh... Uhh..."

Then Zarthus saw Book passed by him again and wondered, Why is he coming back again?

After that, he thought of a brilliant plan to call Book or get his attention as he smiled. He realized that Book kept on going in the same direction so he made his plan in motion. He looked behind and waited for Book. When he came in the hallway, he thought immediately, There he is!

When Book ran forward and was near to Zarthus, Zarthus rolled in front of him horizontally and acted as an obstacle. His fat belly was the object that would trip Book and get his attention to help him.

That was his plan and it worked.

Book didn't expect that and tripped from the belly of Zarthus, so he screamed, "Ahhh!"

His face hit the carpet and slid through it.

Zarthus saw his plan worked out and thought, I'm a genius!

Book didn't know what he tripped, but for him, it looked like a human body. He looked back and said, "What was that?"

He saw Zarthus mumbling again, "Help...", with his hands trying to grab Book.

"Ah! You're the king! Your name is ZarZar."

"I don't care, just help me and carry me to my room."

"Okay. Just give me directions."

He went near Zarthus and grabbed him. He put his arms around Zarthus' waist and lifted him up. It seemed Book didn't know how to carry someone properly, but the way he carried the big parts of armor was similar to what he was doing right now.

Book knew how he would carry Zarthus as he could not see anything that's in front of him so Zarthus had to tell the directions where he should go.

When Book was standing up while carrying Zarthus in an odd way, Zarthus was swinging loosely as he was weak and tired.

Zarthus ordered, "Forward!"

"Okay!"

Book followed his words and went to the room of Zarthus. While on its way, a maid saw them and was surprised. She thought, What the heck did I just see?

When they arrived inside the king's room, the highlighted furniture was the bed as it was the most grandeur among the rest. Inside the room was sofas, long-short tables, couches, and more. The room was predominantly red as it was always the theme of the castle. The bed's mattress was comfy and fluffy and had golden-yellow strings hanging on the edges. There were so many different colors of pillows on it and the bed was covered by a thin cloth from the top. The white cloth had lines of red and black as the designs.

Book placed Zarthus on the bed and he told him, "Thank you, Book."

He knew him as he was the newest citizen of the kingdom.

"It's fine. Now, I have to-"

"Wait! Could you find Eve and take the bottles of milk?, Zarthus interrupted as he was coughing.

As he was about to run, he stopped and asked, "Eve?"

"Yes, find a white-haired girl in the castle and take the bottles of milk."

He coughed more as he needed his calcium or something might happen to him.

"Hmmmm... Okay!"

He dashed out of the room to find Eve. He still hadn't forgotten about Kiji, but he was helpful, so he accepted his request. He ran around the first floor and the second floor. This took him more than three hours when he was finding her on the first and second floor, but now, he's looking for her on the second floor.

Looking at the left and right hallway, he asked himself, "Where is the white-haired girl?"

While Eve, she was as lost as Book because she had no idea of the place in the castle even she lived there. She was running around the second floor as she wanted to go somewhere while she was holding three bottles of milk. Fortunately, she found the stairs for the third floor and went up.

"Niiiiiiiceeeee...", with a silly smile.

As she ran upstairs and ran away from the stairs, she, accidentally, dropped a bottle of milk and it rolled going to the stairs of the second floor. The stair was a half pace stair, so when the bottle reached the edge, it fell directly to the second floor.

"On no!", she ran to get the bottle while trying to get a grab of the rolling bottle while she held the two bottles with her arm.

Upon the fall, the bottle broke on the stairs. She heard it and looked down from the railing, she lifted herself on. She saw the milk flowing on the stairs and the broken shards of glass.

For Book, he ran and stopped near to the stairs as he was looking for her with a gesture of his hand on top of his eyebrows, "Where is the white-haired girl? Hmmmm..."

When he heard the bottle of milk broke, he looked at the stairs.

"What was that?"

Immediately, ran to the scene and looked up. He knew that the bottle must have fallen from the top as it was the only reason for being broken. There, he saw the white-haired girl, looking down at him.

He shouted in surprise, "There you are! White-haired girl!"

Eve thought that he would be a big problem as she also thought that he would capture her for the bottles of milk she stole from Zarthus.

"This is bad!", she said as she was in trouble and ran.

Book saw her ran away and shouted, "Hey, wait!"

He walked up the stairs and started to chase her. Eve ran straight to the third floor.

The third floor was a simple cafeteria and the stairs for the fourth floor were spot on when one walked on the floor because it was on the other side and it was right in front of the stairs of the second floor to the third floor.

Eve had a headstart so she ran farther away from Book, but he was faster than her, so he was able to get near her. Eve, for a second, looked behind and saw him who just was catching up to her. He shouted, "Wait!!!"

He was getting near to her and she started to run faster. She shouted, "Don't catch me!"

She was focused on what's in front of her as she was running straight to the stairs, but she had that feeling when she needed to look back just to check him. So she looked back and was surprised that his hands were inches away from her head.

"AHHHHH! GET AWAY FROM ME!!!"

"No, I have to get those bottles of milk."

"Noooooooooo!!!"

When the inches of his fingers from her head became an inch away, both of them were running to their maximum. And Eve kept screaming, "I will never give you the bottles! Never!!"

Luckily, Eve started running upstairs and Book accidentally fell on the stairs midway while running as he slipped. When she was on the fourth floor, Book just stopped falling and shouted in pain, "It hurts!!!"

Eve heard it and shrieked, "Eeeeek!" as if for her, it sounded more trouble.

She ran into the northeast, heading to the Magibry and Book just got up and ran upstairs. When he saw the two tall hallways, he didn't stop running and ran to the northwest because he had no idea where she went.

Within the northwest hallway, there was a maid holding a clipboard with a pen attached to it. She was walking out of the hallway and saw Book running towards her. He was panting hard and sweating profusely. She thought he would pass by her, but he grabbed her shoulders and she was surprised, "Eh? What?"

While holding her shoulders, he was catching up his breath and asked her, "Have you seen a white-haired girl in this hallway?"

She was confused about the question and answered honestly, "No, I haven't."

But then, she realized from the face, clothes, and everything of Book. She saw him at the time he was with Airis, Polly, and Kiji as they were introducing each other. She usually worked inside the castle and it was her first time to see the new trainees, but since she saw him, she thought he had been here in the kingdom to train or from Grigmor. So she asked to prove if she was right, "Are you one of the students of Kiji and Jarine?"

"Yeah, but I don't-", he was interrupted.

"That's great news! You're the last participant who has not put your name yet."

"What are you talking about?", he, literally, didn't know what she was talking about.

She handed the clipboard and took the pen out and offered them to him, "It's for your final exam. You have to place your name in there."

Book didn't know what to do but followed her words. He took it and looked at the paper. On the paper was a column of rectangles. There were already names on it. The first rectangle on the topmost part was "Airis" and the below the name was "Polly"

Book wrote his name on the rectangle, below Polly's name and gave it back to the maid. She replied with a smile, "Thank you."

"... So, no white-haired girl?"

"No, no one passed by here, except you."

He turned around and said, "She must be in the other hallway!"

There, he ran back to the hall and shouted, "Thank you!!!"

When he was there, he went inside the northeast hallway, where Eve entered.

In regarding of what Book wrote on the paper, that was the official paper for announcing their names because the paper would be given to the announcer.

And Book wrote his name on it, without knowing anything about it. He just started training and he would be participating in the final exam that would be before becoming a real knight. In addition, the final exam would be a special day for Drigmor as it was the only day that the people would gather around and watch the fight. This would be the most anticipated event that the people were waiting for after knowing that there were people who accepted the knight job. They would cheer them on while fighting and hope that they would become knights.

Would they stop the exam once his name would be announced?

Back to Book, he just entered Magibry. The place was lit up by weak small lights inside the nitches of the walls because the day was already the evening. The library's door was closed, but it was not locked because no one would be entering the library in a time right now. There were only two people inside the library: Book and Eve.

Or more?

The library was dark in the middle part of the room, but at the sides of the room were slightly lit. Within the dark, Book could still see darker figures of the objects because of the lights, so it was fine, but farther from lights, it was very dark and hard to see. He could still move around without any problems. Though, he couldn't tell what they were.

"Why is this place so dark?", while looking around.

He started walking forward to the middle of the room and was confused as to where he was in the room.

Within the room, Book could her faint girl's laughing and it echoed around the room. He was not scared at all because he didn't know it was scary yet. So he continued and shouted, "White-haired girl! Where are you?!"

His words echoed loud and after that was complete silence. While roaming around the layers of bookshelves, the sound of a book fell on the floor. He immediately reacted from it and asked, "What was that?"

He went where the sound was, but he reached the area, he was confused because there was not a book on the floor, "Wait? I'm sure the sound was here."

Then a lot of books were slammed on the tables like it was dropped and he was shocked, "Huh?! What was that?"

At first, he was not scared at all because he didn't know what was scary, but his mind and body started reacting naturally to his surroundings. Like his body knew what was scary and tried to remind him to have the reaction of getting scared. Getting scared was just the first step. Fear, anxiety, shock, and more were coming.

He ran to the middle of the room and found the tables. There were no books on the table and he asked, "Then who slammed the table? I'm sure it was the table."

Suddenly, his hair on his skin stood up and his eyes slowly opened widely. He stared blankly at the darkness curiously, "Wait? Why did I say WHO?!"

Now, he remembered what getting scared was and now, he thought someone was in the room beside Eve.

Then a loud scream of a little girl in pain was heard. Book shouted in fear and freaked out after it, "Ahhhhhhh! Who's there!?!"

He stopped frozen while he was already shaking, sweating, and his heart was beating fast. Now, he was hearing a girl crying faintly. She was sobbing and it echoed around the room. In his sense of hearing, it sounded the cries were getting near to him so he panicked and started looking for the exit, "No! Noo!! Nooo!!! I am so out of this!"

"The door! I'm saved!", he was happy when he saw the door clearly.

Then, the little girl screamed, but now it's filled with anger. He panicked more like he felt she was behind him, running. He ran as fast as he could to the door, but then he was hearing the bookshelves falling. He looked beside him and saw a bookshelf falling next to the other bookshelf.


He was confused as they were falling, so he stopped and wondered, "What the? What's happening?"

The bookshelves were falling like dominos and in front of him was the door. Unfortunately, the last bookshelf blocked the opening of the door of the library which could only open inwards.

There, he stared at the door and started thinking.

"..."

"I AM TRAPPED INSIDE WITH A GHOST OR SOMEONE EVIL!", he realized.

So he ran to the door and started banging the door a lot of times, "Help! Help! I'm trapped with-"

He heard faint footsteps behind him and slowly looked behind with wide eyes. There, he saw a dark figure of a little girl with a dress and long hair and shouted in utter fear, "AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

She was holding the neck of a broken bottle with sharp tips. Her face could not be seen as it was very dark and Book was scared to the max that he passed out, but the moment he passed out, he regained consciousness and slapped his face hard, "No! I need to stay awake to live!"

He slapped his face again and again. When he looked at the girl, she was slowly walking forward. He became calm and inhaled a lot of oxygen. He hummed and talked fast with his eyes closed.

"Mmmmmmmmmmmmm-I think I will die-mmmmmm..."

Clearly, he didn't have anything on how to deal with her. So he just stood still, but the way he was breathing helped his facial expression to look calm. When the girl moved forward, she suddenly stopped and shouted, "What?! You're not scared anymore?!"

"IT CAN TALK?!?", he was shocked and shouted.

Then he realized that the girl in front was the white-haired girl because of her voice, even her body was shadowed, "Wait... Your voice sounds familiar..."

She whispered, "Shit, he figured it out."

"Ah! You're the white-haired girl!", he pointed at her.

Eve's identity was now revealed and she's in great trouble, "This is bad..."

She ran away and Book chased her, "Come back here!"

"..."

The time when Eve entered the library, she was lost as it was dark and couldn't find the place where she wanted to go. So she tested her luck and roamed around.

After Book went inside the library and roamed around, Eve saw him in the dark. She then laughed faintly as she thought of a plan to scare Book as she loved scaring people for fun.

"Hihihihi...''

Since the place was dark, she couldn't see well so she bumped her forehead that sounded like a book that fell flat on the ground. After that, she was hurt and tried not to scream to avoid getting caught. So walked away and tried to find a way to ease the pain was to slam her fist on the table—similar sounds of books being slammed on the table—Then, she realized that she added more pain as she slammed her hand on the table hard a lot of times. The pain was too much that she screamed in pain. After that scream, she felt the pain went away from the scream. The pain was still there, but it was fading, so she cried and sobbed as the aftermath. Later on, after crying and sobbing, she had forgotten where she placed the bottles of milk so she screamed in anger. She was so angry that she pushed the bookshelf in one go as she sprinted towards it. Incredibly, the bookshelf fell despite the weight and all. When the bookshelves were falling in dominos, the loud noises of the bookshelves overpowered the noise of a bottle that broke. She was near to the sound of the bottle, so she knew what it was and saw her broken bottle of milk, the other bottle was gone. She took the neck of the broken bottle and stood in front of Book. After that, she moved forward and whispered, "I will scare you so hard enough to compensate the three bottles I lost."

And that was behind the evil scheme of Eve that was fun for her.

Eve was running away and Book chased her again.

"Come back here!!"

"Get away from me!"

After that, she turned to her left and when he just saw the pathway of the left, she took, she was gone. He couldn't believe it and said, "She's already gone?!"

He was bewildered that she just vanished instantly, then he heard a very loud noise of an engine, "What was that?"

He ran to the area where the sound was and saw a bookshelf in the wall that was moving slowly to be opened like a sliding door. In front of the bookshelf, Eve was there, standing, waiting for it to be opened.

Quickly, he shouted, "Wait!!!", and ran towards her.

His objective was still to get the bottles of milk, but he didn't know that they were gone and broken, so the chase was on.

She looked behind and started panicking after seeing him. She whispered to herself, "Come on, come on...", hoping for the door to open up faster.

When it was slightly opened for her tiny body to fit in, she squeezed herself inside and it was successful. After that, the door was suddenly closing.

He shouted, "No! Don't close it yet!"

He ran so fast and jumped into the small opening to the secret room. He was thin so it was fine, but in order for him to fit in, he had to move his body. He moved his body vertically for his lower and upper body to get inside and it worked. He let his lower body to get inside and his upper body first, but his head got caught in between the wall and the bookshelf because he was too late.

He screamed in pain, "AHHHHHHHHHHH!"

The secret room was just a simple room that was covered by a pink carpet and it was lit by a small light from the above. Inside the room, it was empty and his body was squirming and panicking.

"It hurts! It hurts! It hurts!"

He tried to pull his head out by pushing his hands on the wall and on the bookshelf. The engine started to malfunction as it could not close. Then a small explosion within the engine was heard and the closing stopped. He was still screaming in pain until he pulled his head out easily. After that, the engine started to work and completely closed.

He was on his arms and knees, panting, and whispered, "That was close... That almost squished my head. Thank goodness."

He was finally calmed after that relief and looked around. He was in a different room as everything was pink, "Where am I?"

Inside the room, there was a hole inside, enough for him to fit in, "A hole?"

He went inside and the room was still covered by pink carpet, but there were a lot of stuffed toys, empty bottles of milk and torn pages from the books that the cover was only left.

He was disturbed by the room because it was new, until he realized about Eve, "Ah! Where's the white-haired girl?", he looked around

Eve was nowhere to be found until he saw another hole that he could not fit, but his head could. When he went near, he said, "Did she go inside this hole?"

He placed his head inside the hole and heard someone sliding and shouting, "Weeeee...", and it was fading.

The hole was a slide that would end somewhere on the first floor. It seemed the secret room was built for Eve to play around and enjoy hiding from Zarthus.

"Oi! White-haired girl!!!", he shouted.

His words echoed and what came back as a reply was echoes of her laughs. He was frustrated and said, "She got away again."

He pulled his head out once and whispered, "What?

"I AM STUCK AGAIN!!!", he realized and was shocked.

In the clinic where Airis and Polly were recovering, Jarine went inside for a visit while holding a black book. The nurse left the room for a while for something important. The girls were looking at the ceiling and their faces were looking bored. They just finished talking about a lot of things while resting and they didn't know what to do now. They talked about embarrassing stuff in their past when they were kids and more.

They were not able to notice Jarine, until she greeted nicely, "Good evening, girls."

"Teacher Jarine!"

Polly was so happy to see her visit and Airis just smiled at her arrival.

She stood in between them, in front, and asked, "How are you, girls?"

Polly's face started to get bored and replied, "Uhg. It's boring when you're in the clinic."

"We're fine and healthy.", added by Airis.

Jarine took a chair and placed it in between them. She sat and concluded, "I see, bored and recovering. Do you want me to read something?"

"Please! We want something new in the room!", Polly started to get excited and exclaimed.

Airis questioned, "Is it the lesson you agreed to discuss but was skipped because of the training we did?"

"Is it about the Devil's Eyes and the Manifestation?", Polly added.

Jarine smiled and answered, "Yes and we shall continue where we left."

"..."

Jarine looked at Polly and she started to move her body in a position to make her comfortable and responded, "I'm ready."

She looked at Airis and she nodded in agreement that she was ready too.

Jarine flipped the book and discussed, "Okay, listen carefully, the Devil's Eyes are mysterious beings that look like an eyeball with the measurement of 30 inches in circumference. It is said that they grant mysterious powers of randomness if one shoved the eyeball into one of their eyes. It will squirm inside the eye socket and stay until the host dies."

Polly asked, "How are they living?"

"Their eyes are constantly moving, finding for a host, but they stay still in their place."

Polly was disgusted when she imagined an eyeball's eye moving, "Gross... Like a parasite or a worm."

Jarine continued, "After obtaining, the eyes of the user will change in shape or in color, in his or her will, and the power is called "Manifestation"

Time skipped and they were still discussing, Polly and Airis were so intrigued by the Devil's eyes and Manifestation that they were not sleepy at all when the time was already late.

"Teacher, where do you find the Devil's eyes?", Airis asked.

She flipped the pages of the book and tried to find it with her index finger, "Ah, here it is. Their location is here and they can be found there, but they are always behind the eyes of men and women.

"What is this poem?", Polly asked.

"I think, it means that they appear out of nowhere in the world and if we try to find them, it will be hard or impossible. Through luck or an accident, they can only be found."

Jarine answered with her own thoughts.

Airis followed, "So, just don't find them and it will be found?"

"I think so. There aren't many facts about these beings. Mostly are theories of them."

She continued, "After the user dies with the Devil's Eyes, the eyeball will appear out in random in the world. They begin from nothingness until they slowly fade into complete visibility and turn physical.

"Woah...", by Polly's amaze.

Time skipped again, the discussion was long and Jarine was still reading. And Polly asked, "Is there an origin?"

"Hmmmm...", she started flipping through the pages.

She continued, "There's no origin, but a story."

"Storytime!"

"The Devil loved the world so much, He gave a gift. His gift was His eyes as to let them see how much love He saw in this world. But be warned and prudent, when the world sees your eyes, it will hate you for eternity. The end."

"That short?"

Polly showed a bored face after the story, but then she exploded with excitement, "Teacher, do you know someone who has the Devil's Eyes and Manifestation? Back in our kingdom, we don't have anybody."

"I know one, and he's the only Devil's Eyes user in this kingdom. His name is Sir Rius, the grand cross. He has the Manifestation of Vigilance."

"From the story, do you hate him?", asked by Airis.

"Nope, but I think the people outside from our kingdom will hate him."

"What exactly is his Vigilance?", asked by Polly.

Jarine answered, "Basically, he is the most vigilant man in the kingdom. You see, when he uses his power, his eyes glow and change color to lime. It means he's using his power. I don't know how it works, but if he uses it now, he could know an ant cleaning its antennae."

"So, he knows it without looking?", asked by Airis.

Jarine was unsure and answered, "I don't know, he doesn't talk much about it. I think, his senses are heightened to the highest that he can know things around him."

"Interesting...", said by Airis.

Then, Polly yawned and Jarine noticed it. She closed the book and said, "Well, it's very late and I think Polly is already tired."

Airis and Jarine looked at Polly and she was already sleeping.

"Goodnight...", Polly whispered.

Jarine stood up and said farewell, "I'm off now, thank you for your time to listen."

"Thank you, too, Teacher.", Airis said.

Both of them smiled at each other and before Jarine left from the door, she ended, "Get well soon..."

She left and Airis slept comfortably.

For the Manifestation of Rius, back when he tested Book, he used his power to see him if he was an ally or an enemy. Rius' power could know not only the slightest or the smallest actions, but their intentions as well. When Book was fighting Lena, he saw Book's intention of not to harm her in any way even he would get beaten up badly. From that, he was sure that he was an ally. If he was faking it, Rius could see it all. Regarding the hypothesis of Rius about Book having a Manifestation, he could not know it as there's nothing that was shown of Book showing it. Rius could know it only if there's an action of something or something that he could sense.

Thus, the sleep began for the girls to rest and recover for the big and final exam. And Book was left with his head stuck in a small hole. He already gave up as his body looked lazy and not even an inch of trying to get out of the hole.

Within the hole, his sad, tired, soft and hopeless voice echoed within the hole, "Help me..."

0