Volume 1 Chapter 10: The Event of Drigmor
10 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A week had passed in the kingdom of Drigmor and things were quite normal and the same. The tavern had been working ever since it was opened for the public and its residences were doing fine, they were not worried or troubled by Book, who had not come home yet. Rest assured, they knew what he was doing on the training ground or within the castle, he's working hard day and night. Visiting him might help him get motivated or something, but they would rather not for the only way they could support him, right now, was to let him focus on his training and hope for his success.

Within the castle, there was trouble from Kiji because he could not find Book around the castle. It was time for his training, but he had been absent for days now. Two days or so were enough for him to recover fully as what the nurse informed him more about the recovery of his injuries. But this was just a speculation. Of course, after two days or so, he would be checked if his injuries were recovered because natural recovery would depend on every person like eating healthily could make recovery faster and if not, it would be slow or some other factors.

Kiji had already searched the whole castle and didn't try to look for Book outside the castle because the knights told him that Book had not left the castle yet.

There was only one door for the entrance and the exit of the castle, nothing else.

That was the clue Kiji had and it made it easier to look for him because Book was in the castle. The whole kingdom, within the walls, was actually wide if it was flat, but since it was slanted and elevated, the land compressed and it would look smaller from afar. If Kiji had to search for Book, obviously he wouldn't be in the tavern, he might search the whole kingdom.

The majority of this responsibility was in the hands of Kiji because the first training would be with Kiji for months, so he needed to look after them and take care of them. After that, the trainees would be trained by Jarine. Kiji had asked help from the knights, maids, butlers, and more about the whereabouts of Book. Another clue was given to him by a maid, who said Book was looking for Eve, the only white-haired girl, and went inside the other hallway which would only lead to the Magibry, but he was not found and Kiji left the place after searching.

The next day in his office, he was sleeping on his bed and he immediately lifted his upper body and said, "Is there something I should do today?"

"..."

"Naah.", he went back to sleep comfortably with a smile.

Giving this task to Kiji was a mistake, not because he would give up or anything, but because he forgot about Book after the next day or so.

Then a couple of days passed by in the kingdom of Drigmor and there were pennant banners hung around the castle and even on the sides of all of the houses and buildings for it was the biggest day in Drigmor. The colors of the banners were in random red, black, and white. The kingdom may be shady and gloomy because of the plants blocking the sun, but the birds, wearing red, black, and white clothes, were flying above the castles, houses, and buildings and holding a red, black, and white cloth, respective to the color of their clothes wearing, to add celebration in the skies because today was the day that everyone could see the fight and see how the trainees had become after the strenuous training.

The day was just in the morning and people were walking up the slope to the castle. And children were running towards the top as they were as excited as everyone. The shops, stores, the tavern, the daycare, and more were all closed for all of the people of Drigmor were excited to go to the castle.

Of course, somewhere within the crowds on the main road to the castle, Kairos and his friends were going to see the fight as what they wanted to see before they would leave the kingdom.

At the tavern, Catherine and Leo were waiting outside while Bop and Selen were still inside. Leo was so excited that he couldn't stop moving around. Catherine was just standing still with poise. She was just smiling at Leo who was just couldn't wait. In addition, she's also very excited to see Book and the fight.

Both of them were wearing the same type of clothes, but in different color, design, and size rather than before, as always they would wear something different every day. Even this day was a celebration, their clothes would still be the same as their clothes would look formal and yet casual at the same time.

Leo was wearing black shorts, black suspenders, and a white shirt. While Catherine wore a black, long gown with red two red vertical stripes and with white long sleeve tunic.

Leo stopped and happily asked, "Hey, Catherine, do you think Book will be part even he just started?"

"I sure hope so. That'll make me happier to see him.", she answered with a smile.

Leo gushed, "I'm sure, he'll be in! Rius said that he just blocked a punch from a knight commander. Can you believe that? That's the second-highest ranking in the knight ranks."

Catherine continued smiling and agreed, "Of course, I do."

Leo was just too excited to see Book in the fight and catch sight of him that he just answered his own question. After that, Leo added, "We haven't seen Book for a long time now because he's been training to become a knight. I bet, he's stronger, cool, badass, and muscular."

"Yeah...", she looked at the castle, wondering what was Book doing inside the castle and how would he look like now.

Now, Bop and Selen came out the tavern, he said, "Okay! Let's go see their fight!"

"Let's go!!!", Leo shouted.

Now, they started walking up the main road with everyone else. Leo and Catherine were really hoping and expecting that Book had changed because they thought he had been training.

Where was Book, right now?

Polly and Airis were in a hallway from the fourth floor and they were just warming up as they were doing some stretches. Polly was wearing her usual outfit for training and fighting while Airis was wearing her usual, but without the light armors because they were useless, so both of them were barefooted. Their faces were so serious and excited for this was the day they wanted to come.

"Polly, let's do our best and become knights together."

Polly hugged Airis tightly and lifted her up. She happily exaggerated, "Ohh, I can't wait when we become a knight! Our parents will be so proud!"

"Yeah, let's show the people of Drigmor how much we trained for this day... Let's face our dreams and walk to it."

Polly dropped Airis down and affirmed with a nod.

Airis grabbed her sword and Polly grabbed her great hammer. Both weapons were polished and more durable than those used for training for the special event.

The announcer started announcing with a male and energetic voice, "WELCOME EVERYONE! ARE YOU READY TO SEE THEM?!"

People started cheering in unison with different voices and clapping.

When the girls heard a loud cheer and the announcer's voice, it was their cue. They started walking inside the white bright room. They started to get the chills from the cheering of the people inside. They could feel the excitement and happiness.

"HERE THEY ARE!!!"

"AIRIS, POLLY!!!"

The girls entered into the room of the training grounds of the fourth floor. The cheers started to get louder when the people saw them.

The whole land was perfectly straight and flat. The biomes were removed for this special event. The color was brown and not a single protrusion of rock was seen. When the girls looked around, they saw the walls became temporarily transparent. The people could see them and so were the girls who could see them, too. Inside the walls was a long and wide diagonal seat, where people were sitting down.

The whole place was an arena and inside the walls was spacious.

The audience, the citizens, knights, maids, butlers, all of Drigmorian, were within the walls being rowdy to the fighters.

The girls stood in front of the entrance as they were being cheered and supported. Polly was waving her hands at them while Airis just stood still, looking around the audience. They were engrossed by the number of people around them and couldn't help but smile and get hyped. Somewhere within the walls, specifically at the location in the middle part of the wall, Rius, Lena, Rugen, and Zarthus were inside a room. Eve was inside the room, too, as she was jumping up and down with her hands up, cheering for them because she was excited to see the fight. Rius was standing up, together with Lena and Rugen while Zarthus was sitting down on a sofa.

The announcer was not done announcing yet, he continued, "AND BOOK!!!"

"..."

"EHHHHHHHHHH??? BOOK?!", The girls looked at each other's shocked faces with confusion and burst out in surprise.

Somewhere in the audience, Leo stood up and shouted, "Yeaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh!!! Book!!!"

Leo and his family were seated together. At the right of Catherine, her grandparents were sitting while at her left side was a woman with a Commander's badge, who looked like Catherine as their appearance was closely similar.

Inside the walls, together with a lot of commanders and knights, Kiji stopped eating nuts and placed his fingers on his chin to think.

He muttered, "Wait? Book's part of the exam? But he just started training."

Then, suddenly, he felt he was being watched so he looked around him and saw all of the commanders and knights looking at him with a face that he had done it again.

"What? I didn't do anything!"

"..."

"Or did I?"

Kiji was not sure because his thoughts of Book being part of the final exam might be because of his actions and he forgot about it or it's not his at all.

But Book never came out from the entrance and it wondered the announcer. After that, a butler told him about Book. So he stated, "IT LOOKS LIKE BOOK WILL BE COMING LATE, FOLKS! BUT BEFORE THE FIGHT, LISTEN UP FIGHTERS! WE WILL HAVE AND WANT A FAIR FIGHT. WITH THE AGREEMENT OF THE JUDGES, THE WALLS WILL NOT DEFLECT MAGIC. THEY CAN ALREADY ABSORB ANY PASSIVE OR ACTIVE ATTACKS! BUT DON'T YOU WORRY, IT WON'T SUCK YOUR MAGIC IF YOUR TOUCHING IT! THE WALLS ARE SMARTER THAN YOU THINK!"

The talking continued and now, Polly and Book would not be paralyzed by the arena to make it fair.

For the whereabouts of Book, his head was still stuck inside the hole. He had been sleeping and drooling the whole time. When he was sleeping, he had a nightmare that his head was stuck again in a hole after getting out from the exact hole, he was in right now. Because of that nightmare, he woke up and freaked out that he got out of the hole easily because of his saliva.

"AHHHHHH!!! I'M STUCK AGAIN!!!"

He had not realized it yet because he just got up from sleep and confused it with his reality and his nightmare. He fell on the pile of stuff toys and papers. After that, he wiped his saliva off from his chin with his arm and realized as he was looking at the hole, he got his head stuck, "Yay! I'm free!!!", as he was happy.

Then his stomach growled so loud and long after not eating for many days. In translation, "You fucking bitch, I've been calling you for days to eat. Do you want me to fucking eat your organs to make you alive, HUUUH?"

"I'm sorry, stomach."

He patted his stomach gently and apologized.

There's a reason why he had so much sleep and it was because he needed more rest. When he was at the tavern, his sleep was not enough. His body needed more rest to recover everything and now, he's fully recovered even with an empty stomach.

He looked thinner and now, he got wild and pissed because he was starving. He went into the hole to the other room and kicked the bookshelf broken. He shouted, "FOOOOOOOOD!!!"

He ran straight to the opened door and went out easily because the bookshelves were now fixed and so was the problem with the door. He was finally out from Magibry and his sense of smell heightened like an animal. He smelled food downstairs and ran there. On the third floor, the place was empty as all of them went to see the fight. He ran straight to the fridge and saw a whole reserved of cooked food. He grabbed them all and started eating. He was eating like a wild animal and swallowed everything he put in his mouth. There was a huge container of drink on the table. He punched a hole in it and grabbed it, then he held it on top of him as his mouth was exactly below it. The drink flowed down into his mouth and swallowed it all. After that, he was relieved from thirst and dehydration.

That was not the end, he grabbed more food and ate again because he was still hungry. When he grabbed a bone of huge meat, he realized that it was raw.

"Ah. This isn't cooked yet."

Casually, he turned around and fired up the stove and placed the meat in the fire. After cooking, he took it and observed it for a while if it was cooked, then ate it. He went back again to the fridge and started eating wild again.

Now, there were butlers roaming around the fifth and fourth floor, finding Book. Some started to go down to the third floor. There, they saw someone eating and went near. They asked, "Hey, is your name Book?"

A mouth full of food, he answered, "Yesh, my naem is Bouuk."

"What are you doing?! You're supposed to be in the arena. You're missing your exam!"

They grabbed his arms and pulled him. Book swallowed his food and didn't know what was going on, so he said while being pulled, "Eh? I'm supposed to be somewhere?"

Book was now full and energized from the food he ate. He's not thirsty and dehydrated anymore. He had a lot of rest and he was back to normal. Within the arena, the girls were in the area, they were comfortable to stay at before the fight would start.

They stood in the middle of the arena and were not that far or too near to each other.

The announcer was about to finish, "SINCE THERE ARE ONLY THREE PARTICIPANTS, ALL OF YOU WILL BE FIGHTING EACH OTHER AT ONCE. YOU ONLY HAVE- WAIT A MINUTE! I HAVE A GREAT NEWS, BOOK WILL BE ARRIVING!"

"..."

"RIGHT NOW!!!"

Book walked inside the arena confused and the people cheered louder. He had no idea what was going on and Leo shouted, "There he is!!!", while he was pointing his finger at him.

Everyone, who knew Book, was so happy to see him in the arena, the more Catherine was that she just started clapping her hands.

Book looked around and asked, "Where am I?"

"YOU ONLY HAVE SIXTY MINUTES! ARE YOU READY?!"

Book scratched his head, "Ready for what? "

The girls looked at each other fiercely.

Immediately, Airis exploded with electricity, surrounding herself with electricity and a small shockwave was created around. The ground beneath Polly, suddenly, cracked and created a ripple of cracks like she was too heavy for the ground to handle. And the broken pieces of rocks started floating around her.

Both of their faces were so serious because it was not the time to be fooling around. This was the only chance that they could become knights already.

The people cheered louder and the announcer continued, "GET SET!!!"

"Get set? Is this a race?", Book continued scratching his head.

In the room, Rugen asked Rius, "Are you sure about this?"

Rugen knew that Book was new to the training and they let him participated in the final exam directly.

"I want to see if he has a Manifestation and more about him.", his eyes were shining in lime.

Rius had a lot of thought of Book because he was very suspicious about his being that he had not much information about this kid.

Polly spun her hammer in front of her with one hand and slammed it at the side, resulting of a cracked ground.

She stood still and posed.

For Airis, she slowly raised the point of her sword at Polly and the electricity started to go around the sword.

Book stood still and watched them. He didn't know why they were acting like that, but it seemed they were ignoring him because they wanted to fight each other. They thought that fighting him would be a waste of energy. They wanted to give it all to the ones who could fight.

Before the announcer said his last word, a line of bright light would appear and start from the bottom of the walls up until to the ceiling, indicating that whatever the light passed by the walls, the walls' transparency would disappear so the fighters wouldn't be disturbed by the audience. Now, Book and the girls couldn't see or hear anything within the walls, but the people still could see and hear them. Everything would return back to normal as it was and the loud cheers would be silenced from within.

"GOOOOO!!!"

Book panicked, "Huh? Left or right?! Right, of course!!", and suddenly started to run around the arena like it was a race.

Airis and Polly stood still and stared at each other for a moment as things got heated up between them, but then, Polly saw her eyes moved slightly at Book and realized, Are you really sure, Airis?

There Polly knew what Airis was thinking about, from a slight movement of her eyes, she was an open book.

Both of them didn't want to waste their energy in fighting Book, but Airis was curious about him being part of the final exam when in fact, he just started weeks and days ago while the girls started months ago. Curiosity seeped into her body and wanted to know about Book.

Was he strong or stronger than Airis or Polly?

I want to know.

Airis wondered with so much curiosity.

The audience was on the edge of their seats because the fight was about to start, but they were confused as to why Book was running around like a fool or a part of his plan.

"WHAT IS BOOK DOING?!", the announcer announced.

Then, Airis looked at Polly and released a lightning strike at her from the tip of her sword. When the lightning strike was near, Polly stomped her right foot and a wall was created from the ground in front of her. Upon impact, an explosion was created, creating a cloud of dust. Suddenly, Airis dashed forward at great speed as a chance while Polly was covered by the cloud of dust and Polly saw her going towards Book from the side of the cloud of dust, with the sword prepared to slice him up.

"I knew it."

Polly dashed to the direction where she would meet Airis in an intersection, but Airis noticed her, "Tsk, not enough time, huh?", and she slid her feet on the ground to stop herself and held her sword like a spear by holding the handle, because she couldn't attack Book face to face since Polly would interrupt. After that, the sword was surrounded more and more by electricity and she stepped her foot forward to throw the sword faster and stronger.

Polly shouted, "Airis! He's new!! There must be a misunderstanding!!!"

Airis smiled faintly, "I don't think so..."

She said it like she didn't care if he was injured because once in an arena, there would always be a bloodbath as she believed.

She had no way of stopping herself as she wanted to know why Book participated in the final exam.

"Take this!"

She threw the sword so fast and strong that the sword, surrounded by electricity, looked like a lightning bolt. A shockwave was released when she threw it. From afar, the sword couldn't be seen as it was pretty much was covered by electricity.

Polly told herself, "Shit! I cannot even stop that with my ground Magic."

She jumped and would slam her hammer on Airis. Immediately, Airis moved away.

Polly believed that there was a misunderstanding and she was not curious at all as to why Book participated. But all she knew was that Book was very new to the training and joining the final exam was absurd, "Why aren't they stopping the exam!? BOOK LOOK OUT!!!", she shouted as the sword was coming fast at him.

When the sword was going to hit Book in an intersection, he realized something coming at him and stopped, "What's that?", he mouthed casually as he squinted.

Upon impact, an explosion of electricity happened as the electricity around the sword expanded, intentionally to hurt Book more, and Book was inside a dome of electricity that was hard to see anything inside. When the dome started to vanish, a cloud of dust spread around Book.

Everything was so fast, that the girls thought he was hit from the sword when in fact, he stopped and the sword failed to hit him in an intersection. The sword was an inch away from his head, but he was, definitely, hit by the electricity.

The announcer was shocked and yelled, "OH NO! BOOK WAS HIT FROM THAT ATTACK! IS THIS THE END OF BOOK?!"

The crowd was shocked too as they were silenced.

The girls looked at Book, they thought he was hit by the sword, but within the cloud of dust, Book, alive and had little injuries of burns and scratches, was on the floor as he fell from the explosion. Since the sword couldn't penetrate the walls, the sword fell down on the ground and Book saw it while coughing, "Why was there a sword coming towards me?", then he started fanning with his hands to move the dust away from his face.

He picked it up and stood up. When the cloud of dust dispersed completely, the whole crowd cheered louder and the announcer exclaimed, "HE'S STILL STANDING UP! INCREDIBLE! HOW DID HE DODGE THAT ATTACK! HECK, DID HE JUST GRAB THAT MOVING SWORD AND TOOK ALL THE DAMAGE FROM THE ELECTRICITY?! MY GOODNESS!"

Airis was more shocked than ever and slowly mouthed, "Impossible, how did he..."

Airis was sure that the sword would hit his head and the explosion of electricity would hurt him more, but her expectations were destroyed when Book stood up fine without any fatal damages.

"Woah...", Polly was amazed.

Airis got mad and raged, "See, Polly! And you think it's a misunderstanding! I bet he was secretly training behind our backs! Look at him! You expected him to grab the sword from my attack?!"

Within Polly, curiosity seeped inside her mind and really wanted to know how much could Book do more than that. She smiled at Book and told Airis, "Let me try."

She dashed forward at Book and he was just standing still with the sword while observing the blade. After that, he was curious about the sword that just exploded, "How did it explode?", and when she was near, he looked at her and asked, "Hey, do you know who owns the sword?"

Polly already had the face of the hammer at her back, prepared to be swung at the side of Book. And when he saw her, he was shadowed and saw a very tall person in complete silhouette. Inevitably, she tightened her grip and swung her hammer, hitting the left arm of Book. It was so strong that a shockwave was released when in impact and Book circled around the arena.

Book gushed out blood from her mouth, flew, and continued hitting the walls in a curve. Then, Airis released more electricity around her and looked at him as her head was following his body, waiting for the perfect timing for an intersection to attack. She told to herself, "I'm not sure how he grabbed my sword, but from what Polly did, he must be lucky... Well, swordsmanship isn't my highlight."

With precise accuracy, Airis dashed and the ground cracked when she jumped towards Book to attack him in an intersection. From afar, she was leaving a trail of electricity and when in the point of intersection, fortunately for Airis, his body was facing towards her while hitting the walls. Then, she moved her feet towards the chest of Book.

She stopped Book from continuing to hit the walls and pushed him to the wall as her feet were on his chest. The impact was strong that electricity was passed around him and he gushed out more blood. Then, Airis held the neck of Book with her feet and flipped. After that, she threw him to the middle of the arena.

In the middle of the arena, Polly was standing in front of Book with her hammer prepared to swing Book to the ceiling.

Book was already injured, scratched, and there was blood from his mouth to his chin. The shirt on his chest had a hole as it was burned and some parts from his clothes were torn. There, he was conscious and saw who was in front of him.

Polly said, "Fly high!"

Polly swung her hammer and the swing was so strong that the air was sucked and released a gush of wind upwards. After that, she looked at the top, Airis looked at the top, and the audience looked at the top, but Book was nowhere at the top. Polly wondered, "Eh? Where did he go?"

The announcer exposed him, "THERE HE IS! ON THE HAMMER OF POLLY!"

Book was holding on the face of the hammer and was not sent up to the ceiling. He shouted at Polly, "Oi! What's your problem beating me up?!"

Polly looked at her hammer and screamed as she was scared because of the surprise, "Ahhhhhhh!!!"

She didn't expect that he would hold on the hammer when she swung. She got scared that she dropped the hammer and moved away. Since the face of the hammer, which Book was holding on to, was the heaviest, Book fell on the ground on his back, "Ahhhhh!!", and the hammer was on top of him.

"Help me! It's crushing me to death!", he asked for help when tried to lift it up by himself, but it was heavy, heavier than the big cuirasses he carried during the training.

Airis ran towards Polly, who was calming herself down from the surprise Book gave to her, "Polly, what's wrong?"

"I'm fine, it's just Book. He just gave me a jumpscare."

Polly had calmed down already.

They looked at him with blanked faces while he was struggling to get out. Airis talked, "It's incredible that he survived from our attacks."

"Yeah, I thought, my attack was enough to break everything in his body... But what now?", Polly mumbled.

Then, the announcer questioned, "WHAT THE? WHAT ARE THEY DOING? WHY ARE THEY STOPPING? THIS FIGHT IS REALLY WEIRD!"

After that, Book used his strength and slowly pushed the hammer sideways to easily get it away. He stood up and brushed his clothes off from the dust. He looked at the girls and shouted mad, "What's the deal with you guys?! I was just trying to run!"

"Run? Run as the king?", Airis whispered sarcastically.

They continued giving him a blank face and Polly asked, "Book, do you know what you're in now?"

"No."

Quickly, he answered the question.

"You're in the final exam where you should fight someone to become a knight."

Book exclaimed in happiness, "Woooo! A knight after this? Then let's start the exam!"

He's now serious or was he?

Airis whispered, "This guy is an idiot. Polly, let's end him."

"You do that."

"It would be easier if we do it together."

"Nah."

"Fineee, I'll do it.", she was annoyed as Polly rejected her twice.

Airis raised her index finger at him and released a weak lightning strike at him. Confidently, Book smiled while it was going towards him as he could easily dodge it.

"..."

But, he was hit easily and the lightning strike went around his body as his body was surrounded by electricity for a couple of seconds and the electricity passed to the ground. He was uninjured and was still standing up alive.

"What was that?", he was confused.

She thought that he would get electrified from the lightning strike, though it was weak, it was enough to kill a person without any training. She's starting to get pissed off from what he said and released stronger lightning strikes from her finger. Of course, since he didn't feel pain from the previous, he didn't try to dodge it, so he took all to his body, hitting all the parts from his frontal body.

Nothing happened to him and he shouted, "Are we starting the exam or what?!"

She got annoyed and snapped, "Try taking this then!"

"CHAIN LIGHTNING"

She raised her other hand and opened both of her hands and released a line of electricity first, then from that single line came a lot of lines from the side, creating more and more branches of lightning strikes. All of them went upwards and hit Book on all sides, creating an explosion and a cloud of dust.

Within the cloud of dust, Book ran out from it and he was still fine from that attack. Suddenly, the ground moved up to his legs, locking him up.

"What's this?", as he looked down.

He tried to get out of it, but it was too solid. Airis dashed forward at him and punched his head, making his head moved backward and went back straight to his body.

Now, Book became a punching bag for Airis.

She kept on punching and kicking him with electricity and he tried to block and dodge, but the majority of her punches were hit. Book was badly inflicted by punches and kicks with electricity, dealing two types of damages to his body and Book was horrible in blocking and dodging, but he was able to block and dodge some.

Then with a slight chance, he grabbed her forearm tightly, "Aha!", he exclaimed as he was happy to catch her and thought that she wouldn't be able to use it anymore. After that, she used her other fist and punched his head. Quickly, he grabbed it as it was near to his other hand.

Now, he locked her and notified, "I got you."

She slowly lifted her right leg and a ball of electricity grew from her foot.

"You know, I can still kick you."

"Ah. You're right.", he just realized now.

She kicked straight to his lower body and the electricity was continuously electrocuting it as the ball had gotten bigger upon impact.

"..."

"Oo-oo-o-ooo-oh...", his voice sounded like he was in deep and excruciating pain.

And his face was beyond silly as his jaw was dropped and his right eye was slowly moving to the side while the other eye stayed in the same position. He was frozen still and slowly slouched while slowly letting go of the forearms of Airis.

From his reactions, Airis removed the ball of electricity around her foot and there, she saw it and realized that she kicked the genitals of Book.

"Ah, sorry, I didn't mean to hit your soft boiled eggs."

She apologized casually as she lowered her foot down while rocks were falling down from the genitals area and the announcer shouted, "THE PAAAAAAAIN! I FELT IT SO BAD. HE'S DONE, BRING THE NURSES. SHE COOKED IT. THOSE ARE HARD BOILED EGGS ALREADY!!!"

Smokes were coming out from his genitals area and the pain went from his genitals to his stomach and stayed there, making havoc inside the body as the pain was unbearable to most men.

Then, he shouted in great pain, "GET ME OUT OF HERE!!! LET ME LAY DOWN! PLEASE!! IT HURTSSSSSSS!!", while holding his genitals and struggling to get out from the rocks around his legs.

Airis slowly walked back like she had done nothing wrong.

Polly grabbed the hammer and walked behind him. She raised the hammer upwards and slammed the head of Book to the ground and cracks were created.

Airis saw Book went down with the face of the hammer onto the ground as she walked backward with no guilt.

After that, Polly lifted the hammer up and saw Book lying with his face on the ground and he whispered in relief, "T-thank... Y-you...", while giving a shaky thumbs-up as a gesture of thanks. But Polly didn't know that he was hit on his genitals and he wanted to rest for a bit, so she thought, he was still okay after she slammed his head to the ground.

Polly, then, slammed Book multiple times as fast as she could on the ground like ten times or more, until he stayed flat on the crater. After that, both of the girls stared at the body of Book blankly as they stayed relaxed.

"Is he done?", Polly asked.

"..."

"I guess so, he's not moving anymore."

"..."

"Then..."

Airis was bothered that Polly didn't continue her words, so she looked at Polly to know what's up, but Polly, quickly, spun around and threw her hammer at Airis because it was a chance that her ZEUS was not turned on. So, the moment Airis looked at Polly, the head of the hammer was going towards her face.

She faced it confidently.

"ZEUS", a field of electricity came out faster than the hammer went, so she was able to disintegrate the hammer completely as it touched the field.

Airis whispered, "You sly-"

When the top part of the hammer was disintegrated, Airis was surprised when she saw the handle of the hammer and Polly was in front of her with her fist, prepared to punch.

She used the hammer to block her vision and took the chance to attack.

In a nick of time, Airis jumped backward as Polly just punched downward the field of electricity of Airis.

"Shit! That was close!", Airis whispered as she saw her field of electricity got slashed open from the punch of Polly.

Polly ended her punch on the ground as she broke the ground and quickly, she dashed forward to give Airis another punch. But as Airis was moving in mid-air, a small ball of electricity formed around her hands.

"Take this!"

She threw the two balls from her hands at Polly's head and Polly did not try to stop and continued running because she knew her body could handle that attack, but then the balls stopped and flashed a bright light around it. Polly covered her eyes by a sweep of her forearm to avoid getting blinded temporarily.

"Shit, she tried to blind me.", Polly whispered.

But it's duration would be less than five seconds and it would disappear eventually.

"Great, now, I'll have a distance between her. I can now plan.", Airis said.

As Polly was stopped and covered her eyes, a second was enough for plans for Airis, but Airis hit something hard behind her.

"What? Something's behind me?"

She was shocked as there was something behind her that she didn't know or even notice and looked behind to know what it was.

A wall?!

She thought.

Airis stopped moving backward and with Polly's forearm, she threw it sideways when the balls disappeared and she sprinted forward as fast as she could for she had got the big chance that made Airis baffled for a couple of seconds.

There, Airis looked shocked in front and saw Polly's smile like she figured something out.

Polly figured that if anything that was an attack for Airis, the field of electricity would destroy or block anything it touched as she could change the structure of the field. She could either disintegrate or fully block an attack, but if it was not an attack, it would just act passively. She figured it out the moment Airis disintegrated the hammer, the ground on her feet didn't affect. The field of electricity was all around her and it was made to be incorporeal, no physical form. But once there would be an attack, the area where the attack would hit the field, would turn physical, yet the rest would be incorporeal.

Polly thought of this as a hypothesis, from the training they had, now she had her actions done and it was true. Her weak Magical abilities could now be useful.

Good thing she didn't show much during the training because they knew that they would learn anything what they did during the fight.

She, also, realized that holding Airis for a long time would damage her because Airis could rapidly increase the electric current, the same as it could disintegrate weak objects, around her body and ZEUS, so Polly had to make her attacks quick.

Right now, Airis should be very careful as the true power of Polly was from her Physical abilities and not Magical and Polly had not revealed a Physical skill yet to her. Airis revealed her ZEUS during the past training and now, Polly had ways to counter it or plan for attacks.

She knows about my ZEUS.

Airis thought.

With the distance between them, it was not that far and Polly was running fast. In less than seconds, Polly was already throwing her right fist while running.

Before Airis could step on the ground, it was inevitable for Airis to dodge, so she braced for impact with her head facing at Polly's face because her fist was too fast for her look at.

Polly stepped one foot forward and stopped as her fist was going for her stomach and hit it so strong. The field was nothing in blocking the punch as it was too strong, it was like poking into a paper.

In slow motion, Airis felt extreme pain from the single punch as the fist slowly went inside her stomach, tearing anything inside, but it didn't penetrate through. A shockwave was released and passed through the back of Airis from the punch and continued backward as it destroyed the wall.

From afar, people could see that the fist was slowly going inside like a sword going through her body.

Airis gushed out a lot of blood, but then, adrenaline spread all around her body like electricity, quick and strong, and bit her teeth and tightly clenched them. She grabbed the forearm as both of her hands, one hand over the forearm and hooked it while the other was clamped on the side of the forearm, were holding one side of Polly's forearm dominantly.

Both of them were looking so mad at each other.

She planned to push and to pull her forearm simultaneously, together to move her torso vertically to avoid the fatal punch completely by making the punch move in a slanting direction.

Before she did it so, she screamed loudly for it as it would need her a lot of strength to move the arm of Polly.

"GRAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!"

Then, the arm of Polly was slowly and slightly moved and it was enough, then she moved her torso vertically to make the punch miss. As the punch was continuous, Polly couldn't just move her fist in a different direction when all of the force was done to make it move straight.

Damn! She can do that?, Polly thought as it was her first time that Airis could pull off something like that.

In a resulting manner, Airis' body was in a vertical position and used it properly as she continued to spin. She, then, held her hands together like a hammer and a ball of electricity grew from it. The ball was bigger than the head of Polly.

When Airis looked in front from the spin, she looked more mad with blood flowing from her mouth, then, she had prepared her hands and the ball of electricity and swung the ball of electricity at the side of Polly's face.

"JUPITER'S COLLISION!!!"

The head of Polly went inside the ball of electricity, constantly electrocuting her, and the hands of Airis smacked the side of Polly's head with all her might as she was about to do was use her Physical strength as she had been weak with the use of her body. But now, after all the training and etc., she's stronger.

Airis screamed with all from her lungs to go with all her might to send Polly flying, "GET BLOWN AWAAAAAAAYYY!!!"

It was so powerful that the ground created small cracks first, then large cracks, then another larger cracks and released a shockwave around the impact after the full swing of her hands.

Polly was sent flying and people cheered and the announcer shouted, "LOOK AT HER GO!"

She did it, for a dominant Magic-user, she was able to make Polly fly away using her Physical attack. She had improved dramatically.

"Yes! I did it!", she exclaimed as it was her first time.

Polly was sent flying straight to the wall and even went over the lying body of Book. But she was conscious while she was flying and turned around and landed on the walls with her feet.

But Polly had improved more than before as she's tougher now.

She smiled while her face was burned and a bruise mark on the side of her face. It looked like she was hurt, but it was not enough. But for Airis, it was an improvement.

Airis whispered, "Heh, steps by steps, I will hurt you slowly.", but within her thoughts, I must be careful, she figured about my ZEUS' defense. It only activates when there is an attack.

Slowly, the legs of Polly got lowered and jumped fast like a spring. She was going too fast towards Airis while Airis got an idea, If she's trying to play with me using her weak Magic, then I will destroy anything she creates!"

"SNAKE PIT"

Polly noticed something different and stopped as she stepped and slid on the ground, "What is that now?"

Around the feet of Airis, a circle of electricity came out and was slowly spreading through the surface of the ground. The electricities were slithering around the surface of the ground like the literal snake pit.

Polly saw electricity passing by her legs.

"What's this?"

"Why don't you test it then?"

"Okay~"

Polly created another wall between them. But as soon as the ground protruded, a line of electricity went at it and exploded, leaving a small crater. If she tried to continue to make a wall, another would hit it. The deeper the crater, the farther from the ground to create a wall to reach the whole height of Airis.

"So it attacks anything that moves on the ground."

"Yeah, this land is mine now. So your Magic is useless."

"Well, checkmate! I'm done using my Magic..."

Something has changed around Polly as she started to walk towards Airis.

Airis felt danger and threat as Polly was walking with a menacing atmosphere.

She raised her hand at her and threw lightning strikes.

Polly slapped them effortlessly and when's she was done slapping, she let the lightning strikes hit her body and spread around her. They were nothing.

"You got to make it stronger than that!"

Polly provoked her.

"Like this?"

Airis prepared her right arm like she's going to throw a spear, then around her arm, electricities were gathering towards her hand and formed a thunderbolt that was releasing a great amount of bright light and electricity.

She raised her other arm and positioned it like an aim towards Polly and threw it.

It was so strong, stronger than the lightning strikes she ever threw, that a loud thunder was heard and it was going towards the face of Polly. Then, she just tilted her head and the thunderbolt passed by, but she was it from the side of the thunderbolt that electricity crawled around her head.

"Yeah, like that."

The thunderbolt continued towards the wall and upon impact, the electricity spread around the wall like cobwebs and disappeared.

"Thanks for the tip."

Airis increased the electric current around her body, the same as the thunderbolt she threw, so she started to get brighter.

She had to maintain the amount of electric current to have enough energy for more Magic skills. If she used more and more and kept it constant, she might waste most of her energy on the electricity around her.

After that, she sprinted towards Polly with her palms that were surrounded by electricity and shined in the shape of her palms.

She was ducking down while going towards her and when she was near her, she jumped towards her.

Polly quickly threw her right punch at Airis, but Airis slapped it at the side as the shock was produced when hit, pushing the punch away. She then threw her left punch and Airis slapped under the fist, pushing it upwards and making an opening.

She placed both of her palms near each other and smacked the face. A shock was created and pushed the head of Polly away, leaving a nosebleed, but she was still conscious. She used her right fist and punched the shoulder of Airis while she was in midair.

Airis flew away and safely landed. Polly dashed towards her and started attacking. Airis dodged and pushed her punches away. Then, Polly kicked the side of Airis and sent her away. Their distance wasn't that far and Polly continued her attacks.

While Airis was dodging and blocking her punches, she tried to jump away, but Polly followed and continued her rampaging.

Shit! I cannot let her dominate me!

She thought and immediately when Polly tried to punch, Airis left a dummy with the shape of her body, made out of electricity, and moved back.

Before Polly punched the dummy, the dummy flashed in instant, "Dammit! Another one!"

Polly failed to close her eyes because the dummy was too near, unlike the two balls of electricity that was far away, and so, she looked at it straight in her eyes.

And a bright flash went in front of her face.

Behind Polly was Airis who prepared her palms side by side and hit the back of Polly. It pushed the chest of Polly away, leaving a hole from her clothes and a burn mark, but that gave her the location, so Polly spun with her arms sideways and hit the side of the ribs of Airis. Polly tried to recover the temporary blindness on her eyes by blinking profusely. After that, she ran towards her and punched downwards, Airis jumped away after she landed while Polly was leaving a cracked ground around her punch.

Polly tried this again, but now, after dashing, she backflipped and hit the ground with her right foot, leaving a cracked ground, and Airis jumped away while throwing thunderbolts at Polly. She dodged those thunderbolts by running forward in advance and attacked again when Airis landed. Polly, again, tried to punch downward, where Airis was. Then Airis tried to do something similar. Before Polly hit Airis, Airis moved back and left another dummy made out of electricity in the shape of her body.

The dummy started to glow in a flash, but rather than Polly covering her eyes or moving her eyes away, she continued to run towards it and passed through, leaving the flash behind her back.

From that, Airis jumped away, I see, so I need to make new things.

Polly is adaptive to any tricks that happened previously and would never work again. Airis just tried this just to see things on how Polly would counter such a trick.

When Airis landed on the ground, Polly punched downwards and hit the ground again and so, Airis jumped away.

Each of Polly's attack would sound like a small pop from the impact to the ground. During the recent punch, a distant and a weak explosion went together with the sound of Polly's punch. Airis confused it as the sound from Polly's attack.

Airis thought about Polly, I do not know if she could counter my shock from my palms... Now, I am left with I cannot defend anything from her attacks. She could hurt me badly. But If attacked her, she could just attack me. I need to trick her better or have a decisive plan that she cannot attack or defend after.

Each attack of Polly's was injurious and if Airis tried to defend herself from any of her attacks, Polly could have something to counter it and Airis would be left with a serious injury and if she tried to attack, Polly could still attack while being attacked.

Airis remembered when she hit Polly's face with her palms and Polly attack her shoulder. She also remembered when she hit Polly's back, she spun and hit her.

Both of the girls would always need something new so they could attack each other.

When Airis was in midair, the same thing continued by Polly moving towards where Airis would land and attack her.

Then, Polly started running faster with her left fist prepared, From what I've figured of the distances, from the place where she would jumped away to another, are quite similar in measurement and she always uses her right foot to jump away.

Polly was able to know how far Airis jumped away by the numbers of steps she took to make her reach from one point to another.

When Airis realized the sudden change of speed as she landed, she placed her left foot on the ground, but her right foot would land a little bit farther back from her left foot for jumping or an attack because Airis' dominant leg was her right.

When she placed her right foot in the usual position, her body fell down as her foot fell in a small crater.

The distant and weak explosion was when Polly used her Magic and the electricity hit it, creating a small crater for Airis to fall down.

Airis got annoyed, "Fuck!", as she thought that it was part of Polly's plan.

Polly had the chance and threw her left punch at Airis.

Airis didn't try to feel shocked at this point that both of them were exchanging tricks at each other. She openly accepted the punch of Polly as she placed both of her palms, side by side towards the fist to defend herself because she couldn't use her right leg to go away anymore.

Upon the impact of the palms and the punch, a shock was generated, but it was slow compared to the speed of punch. Polly continued her punch and pushed both of those palms to the face of Airis.

Polly countered the shock as she quickly punched and pulled her arm away, faster than the shock could have generated.

Then Airis was sent flying away while her head was looking up the ceiling.

After that, Polly jumped forward, at great speed, with her right fist prepared.

While going towards her, Polly shouted, "DISCOID SMAAASH!!", and threw her punch.

Airis looked in front as she was still conscious and from her eyes, she saw a glimpse of a small circular disc of cloud in front of Polly's fist. When the cloud got bigger than the fist of Polly, the fist passed through the disc. While the cloud was passing through her arm, the disc was getting bigger and bigger, until it left her arm and she saw a huge disc-shaped cloud behind Polly.

A sonic boom.

A loud explosion of noise was heard and the fist was going towards Airis' face and she knew how devastating that would be when that punch hit her.

She braced for impact.

And then, Book just rested completely and the pain was gone. So he turned around and faced the ceiling, telling to himself in relief, "Ahhh..."

He lifted his upper body as he was in a crater and saw Airis passed by over him in a swift and Polly just started passing by above him as her body shadowed him. He saw her fist and the head first then, decided to stare at her for a while, but when her legs were above him, he grabbed her leg tightly.

Slowly, he was being pulled and in an instant, he was pulled lightning fast.

"Wha-", his words failed to be completed.

Then, Book placed his foot on the ground and pulled Polly with all his might, slowing Polly down in confusion, "Eh? Airis is getting away?", as she realized that Airis was going away farther than her and when Book completely stopped her, Polly panicked as she fell on the ground. She looked behind as she felt someone who was tugging her legs, "What was that?"

She saw Book pulling her and Polly was slightly being dragged away.

"Book?! Stop! What are you doing?!... No, this is bad!"

Because of Book's interruption, Polly realized that she could be in great trouble as she was looking at Book rather than at Airis. When Airis was saved by Book and safely landed, she jumped forward at great speed as a lucky chance.

Polly looked upfront immediately and there, she felt a gust of wind above her as Airis jumped over her, going straight to Book while her foot was surrounded by a ball of electricity.

What? Why?

Polly was puzzled.

Airis found Book annoying and not part of the fight, so she decided to remove him first rather than Polly because he's a nuisance to their fight, knowing that Book would not attack them as Airis realized that he had not laid a single punch at anybody of them. Also, she got mad at Book for disturbing the attack of Polly as she thought it was a humiliation for Polly.

"Hey, Airis!", he casually called while the ball of electricity was going towards his torso.

She turned her ZEUS and TRONADA off to save energy while she had a suggestion in mind, she would tell later on, and said, "GROUND-"

Airis kicked the torso of Book, sending him to fly straight and the ball of electricity was passed around his torso.

Then, she dashed straight towards Book and when she was in the perfect distance, she jumped forward and reached near to Book.

"TO CLOUD-"

She kicked upward and her foot touched the chin of Book, "LIGHTNING!", the ball around his torso activated and a lightning strike started from him and hit the ceiling of the arena, damaging his upper body. The kick sent him up high of the arena and she backflipped and stepped on the ground.

"Why did you do that?", asked Polly.

"He's disturbing our fight. Didn't he interrupt you?"

Airis tried to sound convincing and tell her something within her words. It worked and convinced Polly.

"..."

Polly created a pillar as big as Book on the ground and hit him to the ceiling, flat. Then, the pillar retracted back to the ground, leaving Book to fall down to the ground.

Without any seconds or more, he stood up like it didn't hurt him at all and he brushed off some dust around him. His shirt was burned as it was completely gone from the ball of electricity around his torso and his black pants were torn. He was surrounded by a lot of scratches, injuries, and blood was flowing down from his mouth.

"Airis, let's end him..."

Polly whispered like she was about to make a crime, softly and secretly. And she also thought he was a disturbance as it was her chance to hit Airis and Book interrupted. If they let him stay alive, he would just be disturbing a serious fight.

"Oh, now, you want to end him."

She sounded like she was right all along.

"..."

Thirty minutes left and the girls would try to end Book first to make them fight each other properly to avoid any interruption from him.

Polly's face changed like she wouldn't care about Book anymore. She dashed straight forward and jumped with a prepared punch. Book stared at her and eventually, she threw a punch going to his face. Casually, Book lifted his left hand, opened, towards the punch.

"DISCOID... SMASH"

A sonic boom was created.

Upon impact, a shockwave was released, cracking the ground in a ripple effect. But, everyone was surprised and they were in shocked as all of them were silent, except for Kairos, Lena, Ruis, and Rugen, they were not surprised at all. The king was watching on the sofa while Eve was smiling at Book, as her face was sticking on the wall, and she couldn't get her eyes off him when he did that. She giggled, "Ihihihihi. Very Niiice."

From that, she thought of something. What could it be though?

Polly looked at Book with her eyes surprised while Book just looked at her face so normally like it was nothing. Airis was even surprised that she couldn't even do that to herself. What they just witnessed was hard to believe and their first time.

"WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTT?! BOOK JUST STOPPED THE PUNCH OF POLLY WITH ONE HAND WITHOUT MOVING BACK!!!", the announcer shouted in excitement because things were about to get interesting.

People stood up and cheered louder.

And Book smiled at her joyously.

Instinctively, Polly kicked the side of Book, sending him flying away to the wall.

After that, Polly thought in shock, How?!

Then Airis shouted at her, "Polly! Be careful! His attacks must be very dangerous! Maybe that's the reason he won't attack us... One punch might be enough for us. Make a space after attacking. Don't let him get you!"

"I know... That same goes to you."

They started assuming how powerful Book was from when he completely stopped the attack of Polly. It's like they were able to calculate how strong his attack would be from how much strength he put to block the attack.

Now, both of them were working together as they faced a bigger predator. Their instincts, suddenly, came over themselves and tried to work together to defeat him because when he stopped the attack of Polly, Airis realized that he couldn't be defeated easily by Polly herself, so she acted out and tried to connect with Polly to team up with her without asking as Polly, also, thought that she needed Airis to defeat him.

It's already one versus two.

They looked at Book with a focus that they didn't try to look anywhere, but him. They became silent and when Book was on the ground, he stood up with no problem. He's skinny and thin and overall, when anyone would look at him, people would think he must be weak. But from what the girls were seeing at him, he was a strong person, stronger than Polly, despite his physique.

The announcer exaggerated, "IT SEEMS THE TABLES HAVE CHANGED! POLLY AND AIRIS ARE NOW WORKING TOGETHER TO DEFEAT BOOK! THIS THIN MAN IS STRONGER THAN WE THOUGHT!"

He said as everyone saw how thin he was when his shirt was gone.

Then, they made a move. Polly submerged into the ground while Airis dashed forward at Book with her right leg having a lot of electricity around. He saw Polly went inside the ground first and told to himself, "Where did she go?"

He didn't try to look at Airis even she was coming to attack him.

Airis jumped at him and front flipped before he kicked his head. Book's head was slammed to the ground while his body was surrounded by electricity.

The ground cracked, creating a small crater around Book.

Then Airis jumped up from Book's head. While Book was on the ground, two hands of Polly emerged beside the head of Book and grabbed it tightly. She pulled his head and dragged his body inside the ground. The head went in first, followed by the rest of his body.

The silence was on the arena for a moment as nobody, from the audience, knew what was going on inside the ground. Then a part from the ground started to protrude and from that, more and more protrusion of ground happened.

"WHAT IS HAPPENING THERE?!", he announced.

Airis just arrived near to the ceiling as she was also near to the wall, so she placed her feet on the wall and lowered her legs to act as a spring. She, then, jumped towards the center of the arena.

From the ground, Book flew out with his arms crossed in front of his head. He was flying straight up while his front body was facing towards the ground with his bloody head. Blood was flowing from his forehead as he had bruises on his face and on his body. It looked like Book was badly beaten inside the ground while trying to defend himself.

"Damn, what happened inside?", Book whisperer.

He didn't see anything, but felt punches and kicks.

Without knowing what's above him, Book was exactly in the center of the arena as he was still moving upwards.

When Airis was arriving at the center of the arena, she slowly turned her body frontward and after she arrived in the middle, her feet were on the ceiling while her head was facing to the ground, but her eyes were aiming at Book as he was literally below her.

Without any time to waste before Book started to fall, Airis jumped as strong as she could to fatally injury Book. After she jumped, electricity rippled around the whole ceiling and the feet of Airis were shining brightly as the electricities were surrounding them. It was radiating like a shooting star. Then, Airis spun around in a fast manner that it was hard to see herself while the electricity from her feet started to surround her.

When she was spinning, around her body came an irregular shape of electricity and surrounded her as it grew larger and larger. Now, she was inside an electric blue, irregular shape of electricity. Suddenly, a wing of the king of the birds spread fully, followed by another wing, creating gushes of winds around the arena when the wings spread fully. Then, the head part, the irregular shape of electricity started to wriggle as it was forming the head of the king of the birds.

After that, she stopped spinning and prepared her right foot towards Book as the head of the king of the bird was completely formed.

An eagle was formed and it opened its wide mouth, hungry for prey. The predator that feasted anything its eyes could see as its pride of being the king, the eagle put down its prey under its talons while its head raised up high and looked down at the weak.

Airis spent a lot of energy on this Magic skill, but she still had more energy within her. She screamed to her loudest, together with this powerful attack.

"AETÓS!!!"

When Book entered the mouth of the bird, it closed its mouth in a snap of a second, electrocuting Book in thousands of amperes. But it was not finished yet, Airis kicked the back of Book easily and pushed him to the ground.

Polly emerged out from the ground near the wall and saw the large, bright eagle.

In an instant, the head of the eagle went inside the ground and cracked the whole surface of the ground. Followed by Book, he was slammed to the ground and created a crater. After the impact, the rest of the body parts of the eagle was sucked into the right foot of Airis. A dazzling and scintillating twinkling light was emitting from her foot and a strong shockwave was released around them as she kept pushing Book into the ground, "RAAAAHHHH!!!", making the whole ground of the arena went up and a huge explosion happened because of how powerful the attack was.

Polly was pushed by the shockwave. She was on the wall while covering her face from the broken rocks that were carried by the shockwave. Her arms were crossed and she closed her eyes to protect herself.

The whole arena was covered by dust and the audience couldn't see Book and Airis as the dust were so thick.

"THEY'RE BRUTALLY ATTACKING BOOK!!! WILL BOOK BE FINE AFTER THAT?!"

When things settled, rocks were falling down to the deformed ground of the arena that was once completely flat and plain.

Polly suddenly had something important thing to do as she looked at the cloud of dust, where Book and Airis were.

"Airis!"

She dashed in a hurry and went inside the cloud of dust, then when she came out from the other side, she was carrying Airis as her arms were under her knees and around her back.

They were on the other side of the wall and Polly was worried about Airis.

"Are you alright, Airis?"

"Yeah...", she was coughing.

Polly placed her down and continued, "Did it work?"

"I don't know. I didn't see him while I was in there."

It seemed the girls were properly coordinated with their attacks from what they did to Book. They didn't even talk about this during the fight, they just attack and attack, then their attacks would connect, making the last attack, the strongest one.

They were connected mentally and physically that they knew what to do next after the next attack.

When the cloud of dust started to disperse slowly, the audience cheered loudly as they saw a silhouette of Book, slouching, in the cloud of dust.

"HE'S STILL STANDING UP, FOLKS!!! THIS KID IS A MONSTER! HOW MUCH MORE CAN HE TAKE?!"

But the girls were utterly shocked that their combined attacks were nothing at him.

"Impossible...", Airis mumbled.

Within the cloud of dust, Book slowly straightened his back and while so, he screamed in pain.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHH!!!"

The cry of a predator in pain that sent the girls chills down to their spines.

The girls focused on him with keen and Polly whispered, "Airis, we have to go all out at once. If we just keep attacking him with weak attacks, we would waste our energy. We only have one chance for this."

"How much resistance can your body take from my electricity?"

"Back when we trained, holding you for more or less than ten seconds was enough to hurt me, but now, I am not sure how long."

"..."

After the cloud of dust disappeared, they saw Book with his hand pushing his back while saying, "Ouch, ouch, ouch. That really hurts."

The look of Book's was critical as there was a huge bruise at his back, his bones could be broken. He had so many injuries around his body, but how much more injuries in his internal body. He was breathing heavily, but he was still standing up after that attack.

After that, Polly nodded in agreement and submerged inside the ground.

What did they just talk about?

Airis was left with Book on the arena. When he saw Airis, he told her, "That was really painful, you know."

"If so, I will hurt you even more..."

Airis looked at Book murderously with her eyes more frightening than ever.

"... ZEUS..."

An explosion of electricity happened around her and a field of electricity was surrounded by her.

Airis didn't blink at Book. After that, she shook the audience from her ultimate Magical skill.

"..."

"BLOODY ZEUS", she whispered.

A single spark of red electricity came in front of her face and a huge explosion happened around her. The explosion exploded inside the field of electricity, pushing that field out. Together with the explosion was a strong shockwave, pushing everything from the ground to the walls and clearing the area that it looked clean and plain, and she was covered by a thick cloud of dust.

The field of electricity from her ZEUS was spread throughout the whole arena as it touched the walls and ceiling.

Book was pushed back and rolled by the shockwave. After that, he took the chance and grabbed the ground to stop himself from rolling farther.

"What was that?", he asked after the shockwave passed by him and a big rock hit his face and slid through as the wind was still pushing it.

He looked at the cloud of dust, where Airis was. Suddenly, the hairs of the audience started to raise and straightened up.

"WHAT'S HAPPENING TO MY HAIR?! WAIT! WHAT'S HAPPENING TO OUR HAIRS?!"

The announcer was shocked as what was happening to his hair, but when he looked at the other people, their hairs were standing up like his.

Now, people were asking each other and looking at each other as they didn't know what was happening, making a commotion outside the arena.

Why were their hairs acting like that?

But, the hair of Book was normal. It was not standing up straight. But most of the citizens, their hairs were raising up while some knights like the commanders, their hairs were not moving at all. Inside the room, where the judges were, the hair of Eve was the only one standing up as she was laughing and having fun touching her hair.

Rugen was surprised by the amount of Magic, Airis was using right now, "Woah, she just filled the whole arena with static electricity. Even, the walls were absorbing her Magic to prevent any Magic to get out, she was able to penetrate through."

Airis just brought static electricity outside the walls of the arena as some of the audience were having their hairs stood up. Those people who had their hairs the same and not affected by her static electricity, would mean that their body could handle the static electricity and needed more power to make their hairs stand up.

"..."

"You guys don't talk too much, do you."

Rugen gave them a blank face when nobody tried to follow his words or have a conversation with him and straight-up ignored him because he liked to talk and the issue of Airis' Magic power could penetrate through was a good topic to talk about, maybe future upgrades or so.

But behind his words, Eve was saying, "Afro! Ahahaha! Amazing, I have an Afro!"

When the cloud of dust was still thick, red electricity came out from the cloud as a peek. Then, more and more red electricity started to peek out from the cloud.

After that, the red electricity stopped and a fade of red was seen inside the cloud. It took the figure of Airis.

This gave the audience the thrills as they wanted to know what happened to Airis as they knew she was the reason their hairs were acting oddly. In addition, they stopped worrying about their hairs and focused at the cloud of dust, where Airis was.

When the cloud of dust dispersed slowly and completely, Airis was seen by all and they were all surprised as her appearance was new.

Inside her body was filled with red electricity as the people could see the red electricity so visible and clearly, moving inside of her, including the hair, but except for her clothes. It was like her body was made of red electricity and it was so fascinating. There was not a single line of electricity moving around her body as everything was inside of her, but there were small red electricities, in a small length, wiggling on her skin. Unlike her ZEUS, it was just a field of electricity that surrounded her, but this one was on a new whole level that there was red electricity inside her body, under the fair skin of Airis.

The eyes of Airis were closed for the moment until she slowly opened her eyes normally. She looked at Book with the same frightening eyes as before as her face was calm, a cold look, but with killer eyes. But in her eyes, small and tiny electricity were touching her irises from the edges of her eyes.

Then, she started to float as there was a line of red electricity touching the ground from both of the soles of her feet.

In an instant, there was an explosion from the ground and it looked like she teleported, immediately, in front of Book with a punch on his face.

Book was sent off flying towards the wall and Airis again, teleported behind him before he hit the wall. As Book was going towards Airis, she threw her opened hand at the back of Book, where there was a huge bruise. Inside the palm of Airis, the color red filled it as a lot of red electricity gathered there.

She smacked the bruise of Book at the back and his body felt a strong force that pushed him. She directed the push towards the ceiling diagonally. He was sent up high as he was surrounded by red electricity.

Then, under the feet of Airis exploded and she teleported near at Book and tortured him in midair as she punched and kicked him multiple times. She was attacking him so fast that the audience couldn't see them as what they were seeing was just lines of red electricity coming from her and red electricities were touching the walls.

From afar, the arena looked like a plasma cylinder or a tesla coil and Airis was the source of those red electricities touching the walls and the ground.

"WHAT AN INCREDIBLE SPEED! I CANNOT EVEN SEE IF SHE JUST PUNCHED OR KICKED BOOK!", the announcer told the audience.

In the judges' room, Rugen talked as he was amazed by how Airis could control her Magic, "Not bad, her punches and kicks are now stronger and faster than before. As she placed electricity inside of her with precise accuracy and concentration, her Physical attacks are as strong and as fast as a lightning strike."

Magic could only create, move, and destroy, so from those three, that's what mostly Magic could do. It could create things, those things could be moved, and finally, those things could destroy other things. It didn't have to be in that order, but creation was the most important in Magic among the rest while the other two could either be followed. In addition, there's no magic that could help people run faster, make their punch strong, or make themselves durable. It couldn't heighten the Physical Attributes of the user. But Airis had done something that Magic could not do, yet with the use of Magic, she did it. She created red electricity inside of her and if she wanted to move and attack like a punch, inside her whole arm, the red electricity would act as a lightning strike, moving her arm like a lightning strike and punch as strong as a lightning strike.

She increased her Physical Attributes, but mostly her speed and strength.

So, she was a moving lightning strike and how much she put to her red electricity in power and speed, her attacks would be the same from the power and speed, she put into.

When Airis was beating up Book in midair, she was not trying to let him fall down to the ground as part of the plan.

The plan between Airis and Polly had already been in motion and the next step just started.

So Airis kicked him, in his stomach, towards the point of the center of the arena and then she teleported back on the ground, located in the center of the arena, while Book was still going at it.

In perfect timing, the ground exploded under her feet and she went straight up in an instant that looked like she teleported. After that, when the head of Book passed the center of the arena and she grabbed the neck of Book with her hands. She held his neck and pushed him to the ceiling.

Both of them stayed in place while Airis was under Book, constantly choking him. The lines of red electricity, from her body, that connected to the wall and the ground were holding her body so she could stay near the ceiling without falling down.

Book gushed out more blood when she slammed him to the ceiling as his body, arms, and legs were dangling.

Both of them were exhausted as they were breathing heavily at each other's faces.

Airis asked, "How's that?"

"It was nothing compared to the kick at my back."

He smiled with a bloody, bruised face and he was feeling weak already while his blood was dripping down from his mouth and his forehead at the face of Airis. His blood dropped on the cheeks and the forehead of Airis.

"I see.", she whispered.

From their conversation, it looked like Airis was testing how much damage she had done towards Book during her BLOODY ZEUS and Book just judged it that her AETÓS hurt more than the random punches and kicks.

After that, she slowly loosened her grip and held her hands together around the neck of Book. The red electricities, that were holding Airis to stay on top, started to vanish and both of them started to fall like ragged dolls.

She hugged Book as their chests were close to each other and whispered to his ear, "You could die from this, you know..."

Airis warned him.

"Die? I have to be a knight to die."

Book was doubtful that he would die before he could make his dream come true. He wanted to achieve something in his life before his death. But his body was beyond worn out, after all the infliction they had to his body. His body was a human body, flesh, and bones, and it had its own limitations, but it seemed Book's limitation was beyond his physique.

"Then... Let me be your death bed."

Airis hugged him tighter as they were falling, but between their chest, a bright red light was appearing as it was gleaming at the eyes of the audience.

Then on the center of the ground, there came out a cylindrical pillar, made from the ground, and it was moving towards at Airis and Book.

When the pillar was in midway towards them, the tip of the pillar spread out and formed a bowl of a perfect sphere.

Both of them went inside the bowl and the whole thing enclosed them inside. They were trapped inside a smooth sphere and nobody knew what was happening inside.

The pillar kept on moving into the sphere as it was taking all the ground from the underground and slowly formed into a bigger sphere. That was not only it as the broken pieces of rocks on the ground started to move towards the pillar, sucking it and combined it to a solid figure.

Then more pillars came out from the ground and moved like water. They all hit the sphere in all directions as the sphere was slowly becoming bigger and bigger.

Seconds passed by, the level of the whole ground of the arena was slowly moving down as the pillars were transferring the whole ground into the sphere. In less than a minute, when the ground was moving down gradually, the tip of Polly's head was seen as she was kneeling down.

When the level of the ground was on the knees of Polly, Polly looked at the giant sphere that shadowed her.

After that, Polly was left on the floor of the arena as the whole ground was part of the sphere. Nothing was left, but her standing on the same material made from the walls and ceiling of the arena.

The perfect, smooth sphere was made in the middle of the arena as its shape was huge. When the pillars started to go inside the sphere as there was nothing left on the floor of the arena, the pillar that first created the sphere stayed intact with the sphere to the floor to make the sphere stand up and stay there.

Polly was shadowed by the giant sphere, she created, and she was worried about them.

"Is this okay for us to do?"

Their plan appeared dangerous to do because Polly was concerned about it and even Airis warned Book about this that he could die.

But within the sphere, the empty hole was like the inner core of the earth. It was filled with bright red electricity that Book and Airis couldn't be seen.

She whispered, "One hundred five percent..."

The brightness of red got stronger as its power was increasing and Book was getting electrocuted.

"... One thousand four hundred percent..."

The orb of red was getting brighter and brighter as she was increasing the power of the red electricity.

The orb of red electricity stayed in the same shape as she tried to increase its power. The shape of the hole would be enough for more or less than one hundred percent orb of electricity, but one thousand was too much for the shape of the hole as it needed more space. However, she was focusing on all that she could do to maintain the shape of the orb because right now, with the amount of percentage of power, she was compressing the supposed shape of the orb into the shape of a more or less than one hundred percent.

From that, the damage would be more devastating than the amount of power, she put in the orb.

"..."

"Two thousand one hundred sixty percent..."

Within the brightest red orb as the level of light peaked to an unbelievable height, that could possible blind anyone who dared to look, Airis' eyes were closed and she felt Book around her arms as she also felt his body on her body.

This is the last ounce of my energy put into this...

"Th-three thou-sand... And one percent..."

She whispered one last time with a very weak voice.

Outside the sphere, everyone was staring at it. Nothing happened yet as the sphere was perfectly fine, with no cracks or even a single movement.

Everyone was anticipated to see what would happen next.

"..."

It was really quiet at first and then suddenly, in the fastest and quickest moment to most people watching the sphere.

The sphere exploded that made the audience flinched as they were scared of the abrupt explosion. It was, probably the strongest attack they had seen because the light that released was the brightest, shiniest red dazzling light.

The explosion formed into a giant orb, filling almost the whole arena.

The audience looked away as it was too bright for their eyes. Some covered their closed eyes with their hands or arms. Closing the eyes was not enough to block the red light fully as it could still be seen and the brightness could still hurt their eyes.

"WHAT'S THIS?! AHHH!", the announcer held the microphone and fell from his seat in the announcer's room.

The shockwave was, probably, the strongest of what they felt because the shockwave cracked the walls of the arena and penetrated through. It pushed the audience slightly as the walls were trying its best to take all the shockwave and damage from the attack.

Everyone felt the tremendous power of the single Magic attack.

Thanks to the walls, they avoided the worst scenario if the walls completely destroyed.

Basically, the sphere was a bomb and the explosion stayed still as it was still bright after it detonated. And Polly was left on the floor, looking above her.

"AIRIS!!! BOOK!!!"

Polly shouted their names as she was worried about them, either they died or not, or someone died between them. Then she moved her eyes away because it was too bright.

Two minutes left.

Outside of the explosion, exactly on the bottom part, Airis came out in an instant and hit her back from the floor.

Polly noticed her, "AIRIS!"

She dashed towards her in a hurry. When she was near, she put her knees down and looked at her body.

"Airis, talk to me. Are you still okay?", she panicked.

Airis looked cold and dying as her body was pale. Her eyes were closed while blood was flowing down. Blood was, too, flowing out from her mouth and nose. She was in the most critical and fatal condition as her body was close to dying, but she's definitely alive and breathing for the moment. Her exhausted body could cause her death because she spent all of her energy into the orb.

Magic was really dependent on the energy from the user. If the user was weak from hunger, thirst, and exhaustion, its power would be weak, causing to pass out, faint or unconsciousness. Those were the main and occurring results, death was impossible. But when one user put its energy into its Magic skill to make it powerful and tried to use all of its energy, death was more likely the result, even the user was not hungry, thirsty, or exhausted. Because there's nothing left for the body to work as the body was totally emptied from energy and energy would equal to work and the energy was what made the body moved and working. Her heart could stop beating and circulate the blood, lungs could stop functioning and exchange the oxygen into carbon dioxide, the organs, the nervous system or the whole body could fail and permanently stop working, and the worst, the brain could die.

If she lived, there might be a consequence like she could never move anymore.

She was not moving at all as she's suffering inside, fortunately, she was breathing because a lot of Magic users would stop breathing after they tried to do this. But no one was sure if her breathing would stop or continue. Her breathing could stop anytime and the nurses or any medical help could only help her when the exam was finished.

One minute and twenty seconds left.

Airis didn't reply to her questions.

Polly breathed in exhaled a lot to calm herself down because she could not do anything to Airis, right now. All she could do was hope and pray that she would be alive and live normally.

"Rest, Airis. I will finish what we put into. You've done your sacrifices. Now, I'll do mine."

Now, she's calm and she's feeling a strong determination to finish the plan because it was not finished yet.

She looked up at the continuous expansion of the explosion, where Book was. He couldn't be seen, but she felt that he was inside there, in the center of the explosion.

He's still alive.

She looked where Airis fell out, with deep and strong anger as her eyes were burning with hell's wrath. She slowly clenched her fists tightly as she wanted to tighten it more and more.

"I will end this man's whole career."

She said with a creepy, deep, murderous voice.

She slowly placed her right fist in front of her face and stared at it. She looked at it while she was still clenching its way through that her right arm started shaking.

"GRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!"

She started screaming as a symbol of putting everything that she got into her fist and everything that Airis did.

"This is nothing compared to Airis' pain."

She clenched more what she clenched to her fist.

Her fist started to move downwards as if gravity was pulling it down, yet she was pulling her fist with all of her strength.

"This is nothing compared to Airis' suffering!"

Her fist didn't stop going downwards like it was being pulled by the demons in hell. The upper body of Polly started to move down together as it was being pulled by the weight from her fist.

"RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH! THIS IS NOT ENOUGH!!!"

Muscles started to appear as they were bulging out while giving it all to the fist.

"THIS IS NOTHING COMPARED TO AIRIS' SACRIFICE!!!'

Abruptly, her fist went down in less than a millisecond and she recovered it by grabbing her forearm immediately, pulling the whole weight of Airis' sacrifices into her right fist.

The floor started to crack and slowly, the cracks were moving and spreading, making the cracks, made by Airis, worse.

"RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!"

The cracks had gotten wider and bigger.

The explosion started to disperse as its red light was slowly fading and decreasing. The orb was deflating, leaving red electricity around the empty place as remnants.

When the orb completely disappeared, in the center of the orb, Book was left with red electricity around him.

He was burned entirely, the color of his skin was really dark and he was surrounded by smokes and red electricity.

He was overcooked badly.

His shorts were completely obliterated from the attack, making him naked.

The people, immediately, looked at the arena as soon as the explosion was gone. They saw Book falling down effortlessly and became silent. His eyes were closed and falling down into the final plan of the girls.

He already fainted.

He was falling in a position where his front body was facing towards Polly and the floor of the arena. He didn't move or do anything. He was free-falling.

On the floor, right now, a much worse than the attack of Airis was coming. While Polly was pulling her right fist as it kept getting heavier and heavier than before and it was not stopping. But for Polly, she had no stopping the rapid increase of the weight in her fist as to do what the plan was.

From the rapid increase of weight into her fist, suddenly, her fist fell on the ground and a huge crater and a strong shockwave were created. The weight of the fist was the heaviest that the floor couldn't handle it. The cracks were spreading through up to the ceiling and made the cracks, Airis created, worse and worse.

"THIS IS NOTHING COMPARED TO THE SACRIFICES OF AIRIS!!!"

Her left hand was on her right forearm, pulling the right fist together with her right arm and upper body. Slowly, but surely, she straightened her upper body as her previous body's position was slouched when her fist fell on the ground.

She slowly looked on top of her and saw Book falling towards her. She tightly clenched her teeth and blood flowed down from her mouth. She looked mad at him.

From the weight that was being pulled and pushed by her own body, the skin around her arm started tearing apart and she didn't scream in pain.

More and more, from her arm, were tearing apart and some were slowly increasing in length, width, and they were getting deeper. Blood flowing down, muscles could be seen, and she didn't care.

When Book was nearing at her, she let go of her left hand and slowly she lifted her fist from the ground, but she was still putting more weight into it.

The intensity of the weight of her fist was too much, but she's not giving up.

When her fist was a little bit away from the ground, Book was in front of her face already and Polly used her upper body and pulled her fist. She moved her fist upwards with her remaining strength.

Then she shouted as loud as she could and threw her punch downwards.

"PYRAMIDAL CRAAAAAAAASSSHHH!!!"

She punched the back of Book's head and sent his face to the ground faster than the speed of sound. And a huge cloud, in the form of a triangle, was formed around her right arm that reached the height of the ceiling of the arena. Her fist acted like the tip of the pyramid.

A bigger crater was created and released a stronger shockwave around her fist.

Then sounds of bones cracking were heard.

The skull of Book cracked, the source of the cracks started from the parietal and occipital bones as the fist of Polly was huge. The cracks spread through his whole skull.

Polly continued pushing Book to the floor while screaming, "GET THE FUUUUUUCKK DOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWNNNNNNN!!!"

She believed that Book was very tough that he kept on getting up no matter what and she wanted Book to stay down and never get up again.

She kept on pushing and pushing Book no matter what.

Thirty seconds left and the walls couldn't handle the overall damages from the girls and Polly was adding more.

Unexpectedly, the whole arena shook like there was a strong earthquake, but it was actually the fist of Polly that penetrated through the bottom part of the arena and cracked.

On the third floor, below from the arena, the ceilings started to crack and tiny rocks were falling from the cracks. Then, the whole arena plunged into the third floor and the audience panicked as they held each to hold on.

"HOLD ON, FOLKS!!!", the announcer guided them because more was coming.

Polly was still continuing to push the head even Book fainted before she punched him and his skull was already crushed.

Inevitably, the enormous power of Polly sent the whole arena to the second floor and lastly, it ended on the first floor. Not only that happened, when the arena landed on the first floor, the surface of the ground, where the castle stayed on, started to crack and spread. The whole surface of the ground cracked, destroying most of the first floor, the training ground of the east, and the garden on the west.

Moments later when the arena got silent.

"..."

Finally, it stopped as the right arm of Polly was lifeless. When she pulled her bloody fist and arm from Book's head, it moved like it was dead and she couldn't control her arm. Her whole arm was bleeding as blood was dripping down from her fingers. After she settled, her right arm was longer than her left arm as she overstretched it.

She started to get light-headed, weak, and dizzy

"..."

Time's up.

"IT IS DOOOOOONE!!! HOLY- THAT ATTACK WAS BRUTAL! I'VE NEVER SEEN THIS FIGHT SINCE I WAS AN AUDIENCE. THIS ONE WAS THE BEST!!! AND FINALLY, BOOK IS DOOOOOWN!!! HOLD UP, IS EVERYONE OKAY?!"

The announcer was so happy to experience this fight that he forgot the most important thing and it was the safety of the audience.

Polly slowly looked up at the bright lights from the ceilings with blood flowing down from her mouth as she was breathing heavily.

Suddenly, the walls became transparent.

When the people knew that everyone was safe and no one was injured, everyone cheered at Polly as she was the only one standing on the arena and she could hear them.

"Good job!!!"

"That was an amazing fight!!!"

"Three of you are worthy of the title "knight" Great fight!!!"

Polly whispered in her weak voice, "W-w-we... Did it... Airis. We brought him down."

Book stayed on the floor around the huge crater and cracks. He was not moving at all and might be dead. And the girls brought down the toughest predator, they had ever fought in their lives.

Now, Polly wanted to rest so she fell on the ground while looking at the lights. Slowly, her vision was fading and she closed her eyes with a smile of satisfaction that they thought Book would never stand up from their attacks, but they just brought him down that she was happy and she knew that Book could be defeated.

After all of that, people were leaving carefully as the floors of the castles were wrecked and could be dangerous from debris. The knights, commanders, and the knight commanders were working together to bring the citizens outside the castle safely because inside the castle was dangerous. Rius was being reported about the damages of the whole arena, floors, and all. He started planning what to do after the citizens had sent out from the castle to begin the reconstructing and fixing the castle back to it was. There might be upgrades of changes to make things more durable than before.

Nurses started to get into the arena and helped the fighters. They sent them to the clinic immediately as Book was in the most critical condition, next to Airis and Polly the last as she had the least injuries to her body. They began their operation and worked on what injuries they had so they could easily work on the problem.

Book had the worst among the three: he had deadly burns around his body, broken bones around his skeletons, he had all types of fractures: Greenstick, Transverse, Spiral, Oblique Compression, Comminuted, and Segmental fractures, most broken bones, in fragments, was on his skull, muscles were torn, paralysis, loss of blood from internal and external bleeding, and other injuries like cuts, bruises, deep wounds, and more.

Book had the highest chance of being dead rather than Airis.

Airis was the second: her stomach was torn, internal hemorrhage, broken bones around her arms and ribs, her vital organs were not functioning well, the brain, kidneys, heart, lungs, and livers, and other injuries like cuts, bruises, and more.

Polly had the least damages: her right arm was completely dead, dislocated, broken bones, and misaligned, but could still be recovered. The bones were cracked, muscles were torn badly, and other injuries like a bruise on her cheek, cuts, and more.

The nurses were doing their best as they were being assisted by doctors.

Would someone die after the operation?

The afternoon came and when the people went out from the castle and back to their respective houses, buildings, and places. Back to the tavern, the place got busy as always for it would be a great place to talk about the fight. Some businesses were back in service while some were not as they would be opened for tomorrow. Catherine went to her room to rest as she got tired from watching the fight.

But around the table, Kairos and his friends were sitting in one place. They started talking about Book with their grown-up voice while eating and drinking. The man smoking a cigar with black hair, wearing a gray shirt, asked them, "Hey, do you think Book was too tough?"

"I know right, I didn't believe he was still standing up from the attacks. I thought, he was weak... Well, when I was about his age, he's thinner than me."

The thin man, with blonde hair and orange fruit on his white shirt, answered.

"Do you think he's really tough or he has a Manifestation or any powers?"

The fat man, with a black long wavy hair, a dark-blue scarf around his neck and red shirt with black vertical stripes, asked.

"I don't think he has any, I didn't see changing from his eyes, or showing any power."

The tall man, with goggles around his eyes, on his forehead, and around his neck and he's wearing a brown sleeveless shirt, answered.

"Did you see him smiling after getting beaten up?", the thin man asked.

"Oh yeah... He kinda looked badass...", the oiled, muscular, perfectly brown-skinned, man, with a pink shirt, and red bandana, answered.

"But he looked like he didn't feel any pain, though.", the fat man added.

"Hmmmmmm... I'm not sure. We don't know much about him.", the tall man answered.

All five of them were talking and debating at each other while Kairos was sitting in silence sipping his mug. Then everyone looked at him and cigar man said, "What do you think Kairos? About the kid."

He sipped one last time and placed the mug on the table.

"I'm not sure, either. But I can tell he's one tough kid and the way he handled the pain was to ignore it and smile. He definitely felt the pain, that's why he passed out because it was too much for his body. Also, he cried when he straightened his back."

He remembered Book cried when he was in the cloud of dust, straightening his back after Airis kicked his back and after the explosion, he passed out.

"I can assure you that it was not his first time being beaten up. I bet he had beaten a lot of times in his past and got used to it and the attacks from Airis and Polly were not equal to his damages from the past. It must have been the worst compared to the girls' beating. But the explosion part was too much for him that he passed out and the punch of Polly was not needed already."

The tall man followed, "I think she was overwhelmed by emotions that she didn't try to stop. Also, probably, from the beatings, he had from the past, made his body tougher."

"That could be possible, but his body is still human, it has limitations. That means his limitations go way up high despite his physique."

The thin man added.

"Hmmm... We all know that if someone punched you hard in the face and if that was your first time, you will recognize the pain, so there might be reactions about the pain from yourself or from your body saying or thinking, "That really hurts!" or "Ouch!" because of shock. Shock tells our body that the punch is really painful. But if it was your one-hundredth time to get punched hard in the face, you will know the pain, yet you can or won't react to the pain because you know how it feels or you feel something much worse than the pain. And shock isn't there anymore, because your body got used to it. So, you're going to say badass words like, "Is that it?" or "All of that for a drop of blood?" But for Book, he didn't react to the attacks."

The man smoking a cigar informed them and everyone nodded in agreement and answered, "True.", as they could relate.

"..."

The thin man mumbled, "So the kick from the girl was when he felt the most pain in his back..."

"..."

"... But how about when he fully stopped the punch of the tall girl?"

The fat man asked and everyone hummed in curiosity, "Hmmmmmmmmmm.", while staring at the table.

"Well, I'm sure of this that Book's punches are really weak. During his training, he got hyped that he wanted to show his being worthy as a knight to me so when he punched the stone dummy, his eyes were serious and I thought, he could do it, but he failed."

"So, his attacks are weak, yet his body is tough? I add that he's resilient that he immediately recovered from the attacks. Also, his body is not durable, he received cuts and bruises."

The cigar man added and continued, "But what I also know about toughness is that it absorbs damage, force, or energy from an attack and still fight on. So do you think that Book was tougher than the punch that he absorbed the damage easily and was still fine that he stood still without getting pushed away?"

"I don't know. I guess, he's really tough, but his attacks are really weak."

Kairos answered and the muscular man followed, "Like an armor without a weapon... Right?"

"I think so.", Kairos ended.

A tough body, yet weak attacks, was their final decision about Book.

So, later in time, it was already in the evening. Airis, Book, and Polly were in the same clinic. They were wrapped by bandages around their bodies. Book was wrapped by a white cast around his body. His face couldn't be seen or anything from his body. He was stuck in a position of his arms spread out and so were his legs. He was stuck to stay in that position.

Airis had bandages on her head and some parts around her body. She was wearing a white plain shirt and pants. Her paleness from her skin was gone, she's back to her fair skin. She had more injuries to her organs than the rest as a result.

Polly had her whole right arm wrapped by a cast and bandages as it was the most damaged from her body. She's wearing a white shirt and white pants. The rest, she had bandages from her cuts and etc..

Two of them were fine. They would still live normally. They had no permanent injuries, but Book was still in critical condition and he could die after being patched up as his body could not recover that much damage. So the nurses and doctors had decided that their injuries were crucial and needed to be treated effectively rather than their body doing all the work. Their recovery needed assistance and it must be quick so they could eat healthy food and drink water. Because in their current condition, it would be hard for them to eat and drink since they were really weak that they could hardly masticate from the amount of energy they used during the fight.

So they were sent to the basement, the underground lake of Drigmor.

The nurses carried them carefully and properly to not hurt them from their injuries. Airis, Polly, and Book were assisted as it was hard for them to walk from a weakened body that was impossible to lift a finger, right now, even Polly's worst injury was on her right arm.

Inside the basement, there was a single huge body of water, an underground lake.

The whole place was a cave.

On the ceiling, there were hanging stalactites—rough spiked formation—, but on the floor was stalagmites—similar looks of stalactites—. And there was a pathway carved towards the underground lake.

What's incredible about the lake was that the bottom of the lake was emitting light. The color sky blue combined with other different shades of blue were coming out from the bottom of the lake. It was shining brightly with dazzling lights. Not only that, above the water, small particles of white lights were emerging out from the water, then disappeared as it slowly faded away.

The whole cave was aesthetically dim because of the weak light coming out from the lake. The water was so calm and clean that it could mirror anything. The place was so quiet and filled with an ambiance that could cool and relax anyone up.

The place was empty, except for one soul in the water, Lena. She was already in the water, hiding her whole body, except for her eyes while her long hair was spread all around the water. She was holding her breath while looking at the nurses and the patients. She just finished judging Airis, Book, and Polly. And she was tired from everything that she decided to take a bath and relax in the underground lake.

Polly was one of the three who could still open her eyes slightly and talk. She was euphoric when she opened her eyes slightly and saw the lake so beautiful, "Woah... It's really beautiful..."

She whispered weakly and softly.

Airis and Book couldn't open their eyes yet and talk as they were in their weakest state. And they were still sleeping.

Polly sat down and stayed on the deep part of the lake as she was too tall for her body that the water needed to be around their shoulders to fully feel the water's healing effect.

"Ahhhhh... It feels good...'', she mouthed as she was feeling how good it was to be in the water.

The sides of the underground lake were altered as they were formed into stairs for people to walk up and down and even sit down to their own comfort.

Polly was the only one who could sit down in the water, so the nurses used something special for Airis.

Airis was laid down on a white fluffy, sponge floater and placed on the water. The floater acted like a sponge and sucked the water and Airis felt wet on her back and it was healing her. It was fluffy for her to feel comfortable and it floated properly and there would be no trouble for her to submerge.

While for Book, it was a problem that he was covered by a cast around his body, but with brilliant thinking, his cast could float on the water and even suck the water within. So they carefully placed Book on the water with his face towards the upper interior surface of the cave to breathe. His cast sucked the water and was wet, except for his face as the cast was completely different as it made water-proof for him to breathe.

He was floating aimlessly around the lake together with Airis on a floater.

All three of them were healing faster than their bodies could heal the injuries.

The lake was believed to heal a lot of physical problems like injuries, wounds, exhaustion, physical stress, and more, also, even mental problems. The lights from the bottom of the lake were coming from the rocks.

The rocks were filled with Magic and would glow bright light. When the capacity of Magic inside the rocks would get full, they would naturally release the Magic. In a process, they would get filled by Magic and release them simultaneously. It's not the light that healed the injuries. The light, inside the rocks, was coming from the Magic as Magic would combine together and form light. In addition, the dazzling lights in and on the water were clumped Magic.

The Magic was a healing Magic that nobody in the Drigmor kingdom could do and nobody knew much about them as they were still mysterious.

From the Magic that was in the water, the people in it could feel going inside them like they were resting on a bed to get the energy needed throughout the day. In addition, the Magic in the water and the rocks were thought to be a healing Magic that could recover the wounds, injuries, and others faster than the body alone.

For that moment, it was great that the patients were doing fine so they left them to relax and heal up.

Everything was quiet and silent.

In the office of Rius, Rugen went inside as he was called. Rius talked, "Give these papers to the commanders about fixing the destroyed areas of the castle. The papers will instruct them and the knights."

"Okay. Also, you found Book's Manifestation?"

"He didn't even use it... Maybe, he doesn't have one at all."

Hours have passed in the basement and someone was enjoying and having fun as she was splashing the water all around and even dived deep into the lake when things got quiet for a moment.

Airis and Book were still floating on the lake and then someone emerged out from the water and breathed in and out a lot. It was Polly and it seemed she's completely recovered as she was moving her right arm back to normal.

"Hahahahaha! Amazing! This water is amazing! Airis, you should try to see the underwater."

Airis replied with her normal voice as she moved her head towards Polly, "But I'm not fully recovered yet."

Airis' ability to speak was back and she could already move her head around, except for the rest of her body.

"Okay, tell me if you're recovered, I'll see what's more in the underwater."

She gushed out in happiness and dived again after she inhaled a lot of oxygen through her mouth.

Because of her dive, ripples were created on the surface of the water, pushing Airis and Book to the side of the lake and swaying them with the ripples.

Lena was in the water and Polly failed to notice her as she was having fun. She had intervals of moving up and down from her position as the level of water was under her eyes. She inhaled and when she needed to exhale and inhale again, she emerged her nose out and began to inhale and hold her breath underwater.

She liked to do this because this made her feel more relaxed.

After that, she got tired of standing so she walked up and sat down on the stairs of the underground lake. She was only wearing a white towel around her body, covering her chest up until her thighs.

Airis noticed Lena's long, navy blue hair as she was walking up. She saw how smooth her hair was as her hair was stuck together, side by side, and not a single strand was separated.

Lena turned around and sat down, the level of water was in between her ample bosom.

Water was dripping down from her chin and from the tips of her bangs as her bangs were over her face.

Airis saw her glittering, cold, violet eyes, as the light from the underground lake, was reflecting them and she was engrossed by them.

Her heart was beating fast as it was her first time to see Lena taking a bath with a lot of skin.

Lena slowly slid her bangs at the back of her hair. With her beautiful face and cold, intimidating violet eyes, Airis was amazed by her natural beauty, "So beautiful...", she whispered as she slowly opened her eyes fully to capture her immense beauty to herself.

But Lena heard it and moved her eyes at her.

Airis quickly panicked and turned her head the other war around.

She saw meee!

She thought and got embarrassed as she started blushing.

In the water of the underground lake, Polly was looking at around as the water was so clear with small dazzling particles. She was just checking things if there were something around, but there was nothing, so she looked down and saw the glowing rocks that were emitting the only lights to the cave. She dived deeper and deeper until to the bottom.

When she reached the surface of the underground lake, most was surrounded by sands. She stepped on it and the sands blew away. She was curious from the glowing rocks and picked one up. When she held the rock, she started to feel extremely relaxed that she closed her eyes and her body slept in heaven.

From that, she started to float upwards and inhaled water. Because of that she opened her eyes in panic, dropped the rock, and quickly swam up to the surface.

When Airis was looking the other way around, Polly emerged out in front of her face and started coughing. Airis panicked and splashed around the water with her floater as she was surprised.

"Ahhh!!!... Polly! What are you doing?!"

Polly coughed two more times and replied, "Airis, I picked a rock and it felt so good!"

"What?"

Airis didn't know what she was talking about.

"Wait here. I'll get one for you."

Polly submerged again.

Because of the splashed they made, Book was pushed by the ripples. He started to float towards Lena as his head was going towards her bosom.

Lena stared at his cast-covered body while her eyes and head were slowly moving downwards as he was getting closer. His head hit her bosom and he was bounced back in the opposite direction.

This kid...

In the water, Polly was on the surface and grabbed the glowing rock. She immediately felt her own body feeling good, but she had to deliver it to Airis. She moved her head left and right quickly and ignored the rock's Magic. So, she lowered her legs and jumped upwards.

When she emerged from the water, she said, "Here, Airis!"

She placed the glowing white rock on the chest of Airis.

"Eh? What's this... Ahhh... This feels good..."

Airis was curious for a second, but when the rock touched and stayed on her chest, her body was feeling good that she was going to sleep.

"I know right!"

Then the rock's light was slowly fading and both of the girls looked it until the light vanished and the rock turned normal. They didn't know why the light was gone and Airis noticed that her body stopped feeling good.

"Eh? What happened?", Polly asked.

Suddenly, the chest of Airis was feeling normal.

"Wait...", she inhaled and exhaled a lot of times.

"I can breathe easily!"

Airis exclaimed in happiness that she could breathe properly.

"Woah, this rock can heal injuries quickly.", Polly noticed.

"But the light has vanished, so it won't work anymore?"

Airis asked.

"Put that rock back to where it belongs.", Lena answered and the girls looked at her.

"Okay~", Polly agreed, grabbed it, and submerged.

After that, Airis asked, "Sir Lena, what was that rock?"

"It's not the rock, it's the Magic that can heal anything. You see, on the bottom of the lake is filled with sands and rocks, but deeper, its just sands and we believe that inside the sands is a bigger rock, the source of the Magic, filling the water and the rocks with Magic. Nobody knows actually what's inside the sands and digging through inside is dangerous because of the water, so we ignored knowing the source of the Magic."

"Do you know where would that rock belong?"

"... Some say it was created by the earth and some say it came or was created from outer space. I can't stay on which side I should pick because there isn't much information about it."

From the previous people living in Drigmor, they had made theories about the rock inside the sands of the underground lake. Nobody knew what exactly it was, but they agreed that it was a bigger rock since rocks were good empty vessels for Magic to be filled, but these types of ordinary rocks that could be found anywhere on the world couldn't keep Magic that's why the light, because of Magic, from those rocks would fade away when taken away from the source that was giving them.

Since nobody could dig through the sands because of the water and the sands might bury anyone. Some thought, that it might damage the source, causing to stop the healing Magic in the waters and rocks and could possibly ruin an important Magical spot in Drigmor that could heal a lot of physical and mental problems, injuries, and more. So knowing about the rock was stopped years ago and it's better to be left alone. They might gain knowledge from the source of Magic, but they might lose the only healing Magic in the kingdom. And Magic couldn't be learned. Whatever Magic the user had from birth, they could only use that kind of magic, that's why Polly could only use Ground Magic and Airis could only use Electricity Magic. Nothing else more.

Inside the water, when Polly was going to the bottom of the lake, the rock started to glow slowly as it was seeping in the Magic around the water. But when Polly dropped it on the sands, the rock, immediately, glowed.

Polly was amazed by that and then she saw a bigger rock.

She smiled widely and happily as she thought of a great idea.

After Airis and Lena talked about the rock, a rock, bigger than before, surfaced out from the water and followed by Polly.

"Airis! I found a better one that might last long!!"

Polly moved the rock above Airis' stomach and placed it on her stomach.

Airis was panicking, "Wait, no, Polly! Don't!!!"

Before Airis submerged, she lifted her head way up high and inhaled a lot of oxygen through her mouth.

The rock added weight on Airis that the floater couldn't carry because of how heavy it was.

Bubbles were coming out from the surface of the water and the floater emerged.

"Oh no!", Polly exclaimed as things got bad.

Before Polly would dive and save Airis, Lena stopped her and said, "Polly."

Polly looked around and she was calm.

"She will be fine... Do unto Book too."

"Okay~"

When Airis was going down towards the bottom of the lake, she was feeling extreme relaxation. Her body was in heaven as she was feeling good. Her eyes were closed and she's not trying to move away.

What is this feeling. It feels so good...

When she laid down on the sands, she felt an immense Magic flowing inside her body that she started to glow from. Immediately, she opened her eyes and stood up. The light slowly vanished from her body and she didn't even notice it. She lowered her legs and jumped up towards the surface.

Polly saw Airis moved upwards and shouted in the water because she knew Airis had recovered already. A lot of bubbles came out from her mouth and quickly, closed her mouth with her hands by covering it.

She looked down and swam towards another big rock, she saw.

When Airis appeared out from the calm waters of the underground lake, her body was fully recovered.

She couldn't believe it and expressed great happiness and joy.

"I'm all healed up! I'm feeling better now! Amazing, that was so fast!"

After that, she started laughing happily while she slid her bangs at the back of her hair and wiping her face from the water.

While Airis was moving around with her healed body, Lena was walking away towards the stairs to the first floor with her black chemise with red laces for sleeping as she would sleep after. She's done relaxing in the water as she got tired.

Polly emerged out from the water with a big glowing rock and asked, "Airis, bring Book closer here!"

"Sure!", as she was closer to Book.

Airis was looking different as she was expressing joy and positivity from the healing Magic.

This Magic could also make people happy.

She grabbed Book and positioned him well. And Polly placed the rock on his stomach. But rather making Book submerged into the deep, he floated with the rock.

"Eh... Didn't expect that.", Polly told to herself.

They looked at Book and waited until the rock's light faded.

Book was not recovered yet as he was still not showing any signs of consciousness.

"By the way, I was healed immediately when I laid down on the sands... So we will drag him to the bottom?"

Airis asked.

"We can do that, I'll grab his left arm and you'll do on his right. We will drag him down to the bottom."

"I'm ready.", Airis notified Polly as she held tightly on Book's right arm.

"Okay!"

Both of them submerged with Book.

When their feet were on the sands, they held Book properly on the sands as his cast was trying to float. Their hands were holding on his arm and his leg while pushing him to the sands.

Bubbles were coming out from the face of Book's cast.

Suddenly, minutes had passed by and the body of Book started to glow as lights were coming out from the cast. Both of the girls were amazed by the reaction of his body and the Magic.

Woah..., they thought the exact thing.

After that, Book was still not moving, but there were a lot of bubbles coming out from his cast on his face and Airis was starting to lose oxygen. She couldn't handle it anymore and covered her nose and mouth with her hands to avoid inhaling the water. She swam upwards as fast as she could and left Book and Polly.

When she appeared from the surface, she exhaled a lot and inhaled a lot. She was breathing hard until she was breathing normally. But Polly was losing oxygen too, so she bailed out. She let go of Book and swam upwards. Book went up faster because of the cast's buoyancy that he emerged first then followed by her.

Polly was breathing heavily until she was breathing normally. But when Book emerged from the water, he was floating like a bottle and coughing badly and breathing heavily.

He's being drowned unknowingly from the girls.

Polly shouted, "He's fine!"

Book was fully recovered from the healing Magic. With the highest chance of dying after the operation, the Magic brought that down into zero. It wasn't a miracle, but the mysterious works of Magic.

Book could now talk as he was stuck inside the cast and he was panicking, "I can finally breathe!!! Wait! What's happening?!"

"You're in the lake.", Polly answered.

"Lake? What is that?"

"Uhhh, it's just a body of water, you're floating on."

"Ohhh. So the lake's all white."

He thought of the lake as what his eyes were seeing which was his white cast and he continued.

"By the way, what happened during the exam? I passed out when I was hugging Airis."

"You passed out after the explosion?!", Polly asked as she was surprised that he passed out before her punch.

"Yeah, I couldn't remember after hugging Airis."

"Hahaha! So I defeated him!"

Airis suddenly became confident and selfish.

Polly looked at her with a hollowed face, "There goes Airis taking all of the credit after my sacrifice."

"So, I could have just stopped my attack and things would have been settled.", Polly continued and mumbled.

"... So did I win?", Book asked.

"Nah, the judges will call us someday and tell if we're accepted to become a knight one or not."

Airis answered.

"Oh... So we have to wait."

"Ah! By the way, Book, how did you stop my punch?! That was really cool of you."

Polly burst out with curiosity when she remembered the moment Book stopped her punch.

"Your punch? I don't know. I thought I would fly from your punch. Hahaha!"

"Heh? Also, I cannot believe you would survive our attacks. We planned to kill you, by the way.

"Ahahaha! Wait, what?!"

Book was surprised that they were trying to kill him. But the moment Airis told him that he could die from the attack, he never thought that they were actually trying to kill him.

"Yep, Airis and I thought, beforehand, a plan that was so dangerous that can harm both of us, yet can instantly kill an opponent. We made this plan back in Grigmor that when we face a stronger opponent, stronger than me or Airis, we will use the plan."

"Well, I'm still alive."

"Yeah, thanks to the water. You're all recovered... By the way Book, why didn't you try to attack us?", Airis answered and asked.

"What?"

"Oh, yeah. You haven't landed a single attack on us during the fight. Would that mean that your attacks are powerful?", Polly realized and added.

"Attack? Why would I attack you? You guys haven't done anything bad."

"Huh? What kind of answer is that? We were in an exam to fight each other to show the judges we are ready to become a knight.", Airis argued.

"So, I won't become a knight?"

"I don't know the criteria, but everything is in their decision."

"Oh..."

"Book, you haven't answered if your attacks were powerful.", Polly asked as Book ignored the question.

"That? Hmmmmm... I'm not sure, but I think it's stronger than Airi's attacks. Ahahaha!"

That made Airis mad, "WHAT?! How dare you, I defeated you."

"We defeated him, Airis...", Polly mumbled.

"Are you saying that I'm weaker than you, huh?!", Airis continued raging and choked Book by pushing and pulling his neck continuously.

Book was making choking sounds and said, "Tha-tha-that's ju-j-just a-a-a jo-jok-joke."

"Come out of there and let's test your punches against mine! Polly will judge who's got the strongest punch!"

Then because of Airis' anger, a spark of electricity came around her and it started to get more and more.

That alerted Polly and shouted, "Airis! Don't!"

She tried to grab her and calm her down, but it was too late. The electricity got stronger and they were spreading on the water.

Airis then surrounded Book with electricity and electrocuted him. Polly got involved with the electricity from the water and got electrocuted.

"AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!", Polly and Book screamed in pain.

Their screams in pain echoed outside the basement of the castle.

0