Volume 1 Chapter 15: The Accolade
6 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

One bright beautiful morning that came to the kingdom of Grigmor, the clouds were passing by as the sun was lighting up the whole land. Birds were chirping and flying around the kingdom so free and happily. The people from the outer and middle circles were already walking around the place, buying foods, goods, and doing other stuff, some maids were cleaning the front area of the houses, and soldiers were already patrolling around the circles.

Somewhere from the walls of the castle, there was a window where the room of Book and Eve was. Book was sleeping on top of the black blanket while Eve was sleeping inside the blanket as there was a protrusion from the blanket.

Then suddenly, an adult male house finch hit the window so hard that it made a loud thud. It had a reddish head, neck, and shoulders. The color extended to its belly and down to its back, between the wings. The impact of the bird's beak on the glass made the glass crack. The bird slowly slid down the glass, making a faint screeching noise, and fell down.

The bird was fine and alive.

But the thud woke Book up, lifted his upper body, and looked around the room, "What was that?", in a sleepy voice.

He thought he had fallen again as the sound was closely similar to the thud when he fell from the bed yesterday, but after looking around, Eve was not on the bed. The protrusion from the blanket was gone when Book moved around with the blanket, altering the position that flattened the protrusion.

"Eve, are you there?"

"...", she didn't answer.

Eve was not on the bed, so he crawled to the other side of the bed and looked down on the floor to see if Eve was there, thinking she had fallen from her sleep, and there was nobody there.

Eve was not in the room, she could have left.

This wondered Book about the whereabouts of Eve, "Eh? Where's Eve?"

Then his stomach grumbled as he was hungry. He held his stomach and said, "Ah. I'm hungry. I need to eat."

"No shit!", his stomach grumbled in response, in translation.

He walked out of the bed and proceeded to the door. He went outside and continued downstairs. When he was on the first floor and continued to the dining hall, he saw the table was empty. There were no foods, nobody had prepared anything yet.

"Eh? It's not food time yet? Then where's the kitchen?"

He decided to get his own food and continued walking through the hallway from the dining hall and got lucky. He went inside the kitchen in the first try and saw people preparing food for breakfast, they were cooking, cutting, and more. There was a huge fridge in the kitchen and Book went to it. The chefs, sous-chefs, and other people whose job was related to cooking stared at Book while he was looking at the foods in the fridge.

One whispered, "Who's that kid? What is he doing?"

Book was scanning at the food and found a lot of raw food and cold, cooked food that he didn't like, but there were fruit salads, fruits, juice, and more foods that were good for eating and drinking while it's cold, so he picked a bowl of fruit salad, poured down a box of all-season drink, placed the celery, cheese, and other vegetables on the bowl. He went out and closed the fridge with his hand as the other hand was holding the bowl.

One of them whispered, "Isn't that kid who dine-in with the king and queen?"

"Oh, now I remember."

Book proceeded to one of them and asked, "Hey, can I borrow a spoon?"

"It's over there."

He pointed to where the spoons were and Book saw it, "Thanks."

He went, took a spoon, and left the kitchen.

He started eating the food on top of the bowl while walking around, "Hmmm... Eve was not in the room. Where is she? Might as well find her while eating."

He decided to find Eve and roamed around the first floor until he went outside the castle. He was walking on the main street of the kingdom and roamed around while looking at the people walking by, the houses, buildings, and all.

While going around the middle circle aimlessly, he walked into an alley. It was dark as the sun was blocked by the buildings and houses. There were no people walking by on the path as he was the only one.

After walking through the long alley, he stopped when he finished the bowl of mixed foods and sipped the whole bowl. He was still hungry when his stomach grumbled again, "Ah. Not enough, huh?", then he touched his stomach.

The stomach grumbled in response and in translation, "What do you expect, fucktard?! Those were baby foods! Come on! Give me some meaty proteins!"

"Alright, alright...", comforting his stomach as he rubbed it.

He looked around the alley and thought that this kingdom was similar to Drigmor's kingdom, where there would be no payments to pay for anything he bought as he wasn't taught or learned about the outside world of Drigmor. Thus, that became his mindset to all things outside Drigmor.

Since he was hungry, he could smell the savory smell of cooked meat nearby. He sniffed three times and knew the location of the aroma.

"What is that beautiful smell! It must taste really good."

He said and started to walk where the cooked food was. He kept sniffing until he saw a door in the dark alley. The door was slightly opened and knew that the smell was coming from the inside.

"This must be a tavern."

He stated as a tavern provided food to the customers and thought that inside the door was a tavern. But the building looked suspicious and odd for a tavern because it was just a door and the rest was a wall, made out of stones, that stretched long and the second floor was made wooden and only had a window.

He entered without knocking.

He was inside a very tight room that was small, the floor was scattered with papers, written with different shapes and some words. On the table, there were small objects of metals, woods, and there were utilities for crafting like hammer, screw, screwdrivers, wires, drills, and etc.

He realized something about the dim room as there were candles that were small and about to expire, "This doesn't look like a tavern.", he expected a lot of people laughing, drinking, and eating.

"But the smell of the food is strong here."

He was sure of what he said and sniffed again. He looked at the small, tight staircase, that was formed a spiral, to the second floor.

"Must be upstairs.", so he used the staircase and went upstairs.

After that, he was on the second floor of the house. He had no idea of the whole place as everything was too new for him. And he didn't care much as he wanted to eat more food.

The room of the second floor was lit by a lightbulb on the ceiling that was enough for the whole room. Still, the room was a little bit dim, but the room on the first floor was dimmer than the room, Book was at first.

There were a short table and two chairs below the lightbulb on the ceiling, a small messy bed, drawers that opened which the female clothes were seen. Overall, the room was messy and disorganized. But Book thought that this was it, the tavern where he could eat as there was a table and a chair like a tavern in Drigmor kingdom.

"There it is."

He walked and sat on the chair, he placed the bowl on the table and waited for the chef.

He was happy that he was ready to eat what the chef would cook for him. He was smiling while looking around while his legs were swinging up and down like an excited kid.

While he was waiting, he noticed a sound of sizzling of meat from hot oil. Someone was cooking on the other side the door, he looked at.

"Hmmm... That sounds delicious. I can't wait."

Since the chef started cooking for him, he thought, the table was kind of messy because of the papers around on it. He swiped them off with his hands and picked some. The paper, on his hand, was a wanted poster of a young woman's face who had a sapphire hair color and a bob-length hair, showing her right ear with three silver pierced earrings around the helix of the ear and a silver standard lobe earing. She had bangs covering half of her left eye to the whole side of her face. Her garnet eyes had small pupils. She also had a black choker around her neck with no lock or anything, it's like a stretchable band. Her beautiful natural skin color was tan. The picture on the wanted poster was her head posing herself with a smile and a cool look.

The name of the woman was a title for nobody knew yet her name.

"TRICKSTER", with a bounty of eighteen million Xeyen. Dead or Alive.

She's a dangerous criminal for that bounty and that bounty was already big, enough to make the poor become rich and get back to its normal life.

He was still looking at the wanted poster as he was curious as there was a face on it because he didn't know anything about criminals and wanted posters.

"What's this? Tri-tricksss... S-s-ster. Trickster."

He was having a hard time reading it and was confused at first, but then when the door opened from the kitchen as the chef was done the cooking. He saw a young woman with sapphire hair color and a bob-length hair, three silver pierced earrings on her right ear and a silver standard lobe earring, a black choker around her neck. She was a slender woman with a curvaceous body and she had a small chest. She was wearing a white blouse which was buttoned and a plain black panty.

She was holding a plate of cooked steak with beautiful garnish around.

They were staring at each other with empty heads. They didn't know what to do for a situation like this, but Book looked at the wanted poster, he was holding on to, to check because he thought he saw her before. After looking at the wanted poster, he looked at her. Then again at the wanted poster and at her. He did this multiple times to see the differences and similarities.

There were no differences, the woman on the wanted poster was in front of him.

"Wait, you look similar.", he casually said while squinting his eyes at the wanted poster. He even looked closer at it to observe well and then at her again.

In her mind, she was shocked that there was a stranger in her room, so her body froze.

Who is this man and what is he doing here!

As a matter of fact, she was not embarrassed to have such an outfit in front of a stranger yet because there were so many things going on inside her mind.

After some time, Book couldn't care less, he threw the wanted poster away and shouted happily, "Gimme food!!"

He thought it was for him, but because of his shout, she snapped out from being frozen, freaked out and shouted too.

"AAAAAAHHHHHHHH!"

"Ay, excuse me, why are you screaming?", he casually told her.

But she threw the plate of steak in front of his face as she was embarrassed as he saw her with what she's wearing. She blushed from embarrassment. It looked like it was her first experience to see a male looking at her with such an outfit. When the steak hit his face, the plate fell down to the table and he held the steak with his teeth.

When the half of the steak folded, he saw her running towards him and kicked the side of his face. He flew to the window and broke it. He went outside with shattered glass from the window.

He hit the wall of the other side of the building and fell on the pavement. Even from that, he started eating the steak so fast because the juice was dripping inside his tongue, tasting how delicious it was, but Bop's cooking was much better.

She peeked out from the broken window and shouted, "Get out of here you, trespassing pervert!"

"Hey, that tasted good, cook me some more please!", He looked up and replied.

She threw a small brown disc that was enough for her hand. The disc was filled with something as there was a protrusion from the middle. In the middle part of the disc, there was a small circular glass.

Book didn't know anything about the disc and when the disc hit his forehead, the circular glass started to ignite and glow a bright light from a fire.

It exploded.

The explosion gave a loud sound and a cloud of smoke, clear from far away.

The soldiers noticed it and shouted, "Hey! Something happened here!"

The woman heard the soldiers, "Shit!"

She went inside her room and Book was uninjured from the explosion, but his clothes were burned.

When the smoke went off, the soldiers arrived and saw him, "Hey, kid. What happened here?"

He was coughing and after that, he told him, "A woman kicked me off from that building and threw something that exploded.", Book pointed at the window and the soldier looked.

The soldier squinted as he knew what Book was talking about.

"Trickster..."

He whispered and continued, "Are you alright, kid?"

"Yeah."

He stood up and the soldier guided him, "Leave this place, kid. We will take care of that woman. You can still walk, right?"

"Yeah, sure."

Book left the area and walked away. The soldiers surrounded the area and found the house of the Trickster. She already left off the place with her things and hid somewhere in the kingdom when the soldiers went inside her room and searched, "Dammit! She's not here! Secure the area!"

When Book was on the main street, he started thinking, "Hmm... I'm supposed to find Eve."

He just noticed now and continued searching for her, but his stomach grumbled because he was still hungry.

"Ahh. I'm still hungry. I might as well head back to get food, Eve might there already for food time."

He walked back to the castle, but while walking, Polly reached to Book and stayed by his side as she was also going for a walk outside, "Good morning, Book.", she greeted with a smile.

"Yo, good morning."

"Say, why are you outside with burned clothes?"

"Ah, I'm looking for Eve, how about you?"

She thought curiously, What happened?

Then she answered, "I'm just jogging as part of my daily exercise. A big girl, like me, needs to move a lot to maintain a healthy body."

"I see. By the way, have you seen Eve? I didn't see her in our room."

"Eh? Isn't she playing with Airis?"

"What? I didn't know that. Where are they playing?"

When they arrived near to the entrance door of the castle, she pointed out, "On the main hall, see, Airis and Eve are playing."

He looked at the main hall of the first floor and saw Airis and Eve playing tag as Eve was running away from Airis. Both of them were having fun and showing a lot of smiles.

"Yeah, you're right... Hey! Eve!!", he realized and called.

Eve looked around and saw Book. She gushed, "Ah! Book! Hahaha!"

She ran towards Book and Airis stopped chasing her. The face of Airis changed the moment she saw Book. Her face went back to normal and glared her eyes at him. Eve stayed in front of Book and raised her hands up to gesture that she wanted to be carried, but Book didn't know that. However, Polly noticed that and told Book, "Book, Eve wants you to carry her."

"Huh? Carry?"

Eve was happy to hear what she wanted, "Yeah, yeah, yeah, carry me!"

Book thought of carrying her like how he carried Zarthus before, but that would look bad and dangerous, and Zarthus and Eve had different height and weight. So he replied, "I don't know how to carry her."

Eve pouted as she was bummed out that he wouldn't carry her and crossed her arms. But Polly said, "It's simple. Come here, Eve~"

Eve looked at her enormous height and her eyes became twinking stars. She was eager to be carried by someone tall. She was excited and shouted, "Woooaaah!"

She ran towards Polly and raised her arms up while jumping. Polly squatted down and picked her up around her torso, somewhere the ribs area. Then she lifted Eve up as she stood up. She placed Eve on her chest and held her properly by placing her forearm under her butt and her other arm around her back. Eve looked at the back of Polly as her head was on Polly's shoulder.

Eve saw a lot of things, a small child like her couldn't, so she was happy, "Waaah! I'm so tall!!"

And Polly told to Book, "And that's how you carry Eve."

"... I didn't learn that during the training."

Polly gave him a blank face, "Uhhh... It's a common sense of picking up children properly. You can't learn this during a knight's training."

After that, Book noticed Airis' glare. He asked, "Hey, what's up with Airis? Why is she looking at me like that?"

Polly looked at her and greeted, "Good morning, Airis!"

Eve followed, "Yeah! Good morning, Airis!"

Airis looked at Polly and Airis and changed to her happy face, "Good morning, you two. Breakfast is coming, don't be late."

Airis left and Polly replied to Book's question while both of them walked inside, "Weeell, she's that kind of person who sticks everything in their minds forever."

"Huh?", Book was confused.

"You see, if she hates something, it will always stay in her mind, hating that thing forever even for no reason. In order to get rid of that hate, she will change herself or remove it by herself. That's how she became a knight rather than a princess... Ehehe.", she laughed nervously and continued, "It's because of me."

"Woah, tell me!''

"...Well..."

Flashback to Airis and Polly's past when both of them were still young. Airis was taller than Polly and she was wearing an expensive white dress with gemstones and glitters as designs, black shoes with a white gem on top, black stockings, and a white headband of flowers with gems attached to the petals and the disc. She was wearing accessories of a black crystal necklace and a black bracelet. Her hair was long and tied at the end with a flower. She was wearing luxurious clothes and living her life opulent.

Before Polly was living in the castle, Polly was in a family of knights. She was wearing a sweaty, wet, dirty gray shirt, black shorts, and slippers. She was chopping off woods with her axe as part of the training to become a knight. It was her dream to become a knight like her father so she followed her father's steps and told that chopping off wood was part of his training. Her ponytail hair was messy and she was covered with dirt because she continued training during the rain.

After the rain had stopped, the land turned muddy. On the training ground, behind the house of Polly, the land was rocky and muddy, surrounded with wooden dummies and wooden weapons. Somewhere there, Polly was chopping off woods with her axe and Airis was walking around for she was just getting sunlight and fresh air after a rain. Airis saw her and wondered with curiosity, "What is she doing?", then decided to go near to know what she was doing.

Airis was homeschooled and taught a lot of things only about princesses and royalty stuff. She didn't know about knights and more, so she was curious. She was hopping rocks over rocks to avoid getting dirty from the mud. When Polly was chopping, she stopped and saw a girl coming towards her.

"Who is she?", she whispered while breathing heavily and wiped her sweaty forehead.

When Airis was near, but not closely near to Polly, she ordered her, "Hey, you, put that halved log over that dirty mud."

Polly calmed down and she was confused as to why she asked that, but she did it, "Sure."

She carried a half-cut log and struggled a little bit then dropped the flat side of the log on to the mud. The muddy soil splashed around. It hit Polly's body and face while Airis held her dress and dodged it. Polly didn't care, but Airis wad mad, "You, lunatic! You could have dirtied my dress!"

"Sorry...", Polly felt bad.

Airis whispered, "I would have bought another one if it hit my dress. Some people aren't careful these days..."

Airis hopped and stepped on the curved side of the log. Now she asked, "Now, what are you doing?"

Polly was nervous as she never met someone like her age as she was focused on training, having her with no friends at all. She answered, "Uh... Chopping wood."

"Chopping wood? For what?", she asked immediately.

"Uhh... To become like my father."

"What's your father like? A farmer? Carpenter? Woodcutter? ", she's thinking that she's living in a poor family because of Polly chopping wood.

"Eh, no... My father is a knight."

"Heeeh. Poor. It sounds boring and dirty. Well, good knowing you."

Before Airis skipped over to a rock, she didn't know that Polly was a smart, experienced girl who was taught that life was hard so she should work hard by her parents. From what Airis said, Polly got triggered about how low she saw to knights.

Polly argued, "Then how about your father?"

"Huh?', she turned around and talked, "My father is the king of this great kingdom and I am the princess of Grigmor. You might as well call me by my proper name "Princess Airis" before talking to me.", she became arrogant.

"Okay, princess Airis, what does your father do?"

"That's a stupid question, my father rules this great land and stays in the castle with everything because we can buy anything there is a price. He travels around the world to meet other kings and queens from different kingdoms. And I've heard that I will be married to a handsome, kind prince when I'm old enough and have a lot of children. Living with no problems at all."

"That's it?", she mocked her.

"How dare you say that living a life like that is the best as royalties stand above to all, knights, and people like you! Living like mine is the highest peak of human experience! If you think knights can do better than kings, tell me then!"

"...", Polly was gathering in her head.

"Just to let you know, knights are brave men and women who fight and defend people like you. We are trained to make our mind and body stronger. We experienced thirst, hunger, wounds, suffering, and pains, but after strenuous training, all of them will be nothing to our bodies as we get used to it. After training, we will be sent on missions to defeat criminals and giant monsters. We will experience thrills, excitements, and more from running towards the enemies and killing those who harm the people and the kingdom. I was told from my father that they rode battleships that shoot cannonballs. He fought the enemies in mid-air and never feared the enemies and the heights. My father fell from the ship many times and survived all of them because that's how strong he is. A knight is a well-known symbol of protection, strength, and toughness, but for me, it's a symbol of life experiences. My father traveled the whole sky, the whole land, and even the undergrounds of the world. He has seen a lot of things and fought a lot of enemies. Wherever my father walks, he is being praised by everyone and even the king and the queen. They gave him thanks and a lot of commendations because of his duty. It's true that without a king, there won't be a kingdom. But a kingdom without knights is prey that won't last long from a predator, whose kingdom has knights. Soon, after I become a knight, I will experience a lot of things in this world that you cannot. I will travel the whole world and fight anyone who is wrong. And if I die, people will remember me forever as I served the people and the kingdom. Every year there would be a celebration for the dead knights and the people will drink and eat whatever they want and read out gravestones. My grandfather, who was known to defend the entrance by himself against a horde of enemies before the reinforcements came, told me, "Live your life full of life. Put them in words and it will be the greatest story ever made!" And then he laughed and because of that, my family and I remember his story and shall be passed onto our future children. His life story will never be boring, no matter how many times I read it."

Polly really proved that knights were freer than royalties and experienced a lot of moments, feelings, and more. During her speech, Airis was focused and listened carefully. She was looking at the lips of Polly and her eyes. She was blushing while she was looking at her. Also, during her speech, Airis slowly sat down and stepped her shoes in the mud. She was engrossed by the story that she didn't care about getting dirty.

After that, Airis gushed, "Woah! I want to become a knight!"

She hugged Polly and ran off, stepping on the mud, to the castle excitedly, "Thank you!!!"

Back to the present, Polly was sitting next to Book and they were eating breakfast dining hall. She continued while Book was listening, "After that, she kept visiting me and I taught her to train thus, we became best friends. When my family and I started living in the castle, I asked Queen Eyerine about Airis becoming a knight. She answered that Airis hates being a princess that calling her "Princess Airis" will make her mad. She even decided not to become a princess and wanted to become a knight. After her decision with her husband, Rom and Ram were born to be next successor for this kingdom. With your situation, Airis hates you more for calling her weak back in Drigmor and now, I think she will change herself by working hard to show you that her attacks are powerful. I think she will focus on her Physical Abilities now rather than her Magic Abilities."

"Heeeh... She would go that far?"

"Yep~", she smiled and all of them continued to eat.

Book stopped eating and looked at Airis, "Hey, princess Airis!"

"Book, why-"

Airis slammed her clenched hands on the table before Polly finished her words. Everyone on the table froze and became very silent, but Eyerine continued eating. The face of Airis was shadowed with anger and hate. And Book realized that "Ah, so she really hates it."

"That's what I told you!", Polly whispered.

Book just wanted to know how she would react when she heard that.

Things calmed down after breakfast, the afternoon was quiet as the kingdom was preparing the accolade for Book. The accolade will be held on the floor of the thrones of the king and the queen. The place would be grand and there would be a celebration for Book after he would become a knight. This important celebration would commence in the early evening, perfect for fireworks.

When evening came, outside the castle, things we're doing normally. The citizens and the outsiders didn't know anything about the accolade for Book. The people in the celebration would only be fellow knights living in the castle and their families, maids, butlers, workers in the castle, and the royalties. Inside the throne hall, was a spacious place filled with incredible and intricate design. The floor was just plain black that was clean and dustless, but inside the floor, there were tiny, glow in the dark stones that were glowing and fading with the color of white.

A starry night below their feet.

In the throne room, it was made to be dark and dim as part of the design. Inside the hall, there were pillars that were positioned as a letter V. The point of intersection was were the thrones of the king and the queen were. The thrones were up on a platform where there was a one-step stair. Inside the V was dim, but outside the area was dark.

The ceiling was too dark to be seen and there were no chandeliers. But people could still see and figure things out from what they were seeing. And the only area that was visible and bright was the platform of the thrones of the king and the queen as the whole platform was made out of the same rocks that were glowing, but it was not fading. This one was continuously shining.

The throne of the king was similar to the queen's throne, both of them were carved in stylish designs of color white and cushions of the color black. Behind the thrones was a tall, arched stained glass window that reached from the floor to the ceiling. The design of the glass had small triangles of different shape that was pointing towards the center. Each of the triangles had one shade of the color red and the whole glass had all the shades of red. In front was a white cross that touched all of its edges and in the intersection, there's the halved black angel, showing only its right part of the body.

There were people sitting down in front of circular tables on the sides of the hall as the middle of them was the path towards the thrones. There were all gathered and complete. The king and the queen were standing in front of their thrones. Eyerine was wearing a black, transparent, long robe with laces and under it was a white, off-shoulder, asymmetrical dress, showing her front fair legs, and white high heels. Xarthus was wearing a black tunic with intricate designs of white lines and spirals on his chest down to the bottom, black pants, and black shoes. He was wearing a white cape that was attached to his shoulder and to his chest, showing only half of his body.

Airis and Polly were sitting somewhere from the side of the hall, wearing formal dresses. But Eve was nowhere to be found again. The girls were sitting to each other and Polly whispered, "Hey, Airis. Do you know where Eve is? I haven't seen her the last time I met her."

"Huh? Didn't she play with you during the afternoon? I saw her running around and you were trying to look for her."

"I didn't play with her...", she was confused.

"Hmmm... She's here somewhere, but I wish she was here with me. I want to cuddle her."

"You just want to be distracted from Book's accolade, don't you?"

Polly gave her a blank face, knowing her motives for having Eve with her.

The ceremony was ready and would commence, starting right now.

"..."

The door of this throne hall was a double door of black and white. And it opened.

The people inside the hall stood up and looked at the door.

They saw Book and he began to walk forward. He was wearing a white, long-sleeved tunic, having a long slit in front up to his chest with one black button, showing his black shirt. He was wearing black pants and black shoes. He was walking confidently and formally. He looked at the king and the queen with calm and elegance.

And then the door closed.

It's not likely him to act like this because he was taught by Airis, as told by her parents, to practice what he would do during an accolade to avoid any problems or mistakes.

Doing a rehearsal of an accolade or doing an accolade was very easy because it was simple. Walking forward towards the king and queen, genuflect, the flat side of the sword would be placed on the shoulder, then raised over the head to the other shoulder, stand up, and lastly, the kissing of the cheeks. Thus, the beginning of the celebration of eating and drinking. After that would be the end.

Back in Drigmor when the rehearsal of Airis and Polly, right after they were calmed down, they did it in one try because it's very easy. Anyone could do and follow the simple steps during the ceremony. But for Book, it took hours and a lot of tries. It stressed Airis a lot.

When the girls were staring at Book, Polly was amazed at how serious and good he was doing. He was walking properly with proper posture. He looked handsome and completely different from how he was, walking with such expensive attire.

Polly asked curiously, "By the way, Airis. What happened during the rehearsal of Book?"

"Uhg, don't remind me, please. Just thinking about it makes me tired. He's one hell of a hard-headed person.", Airis showed a disgusted and tired face.

Flashback during the practice of Book. Inside the empty throne hall, Airis was standing beside the path where Book would walk towards the thrones of the king and the queen and he was outside the door, preparing to walk forward. She was wearing casual clothes for a shirt and a pair of pants. The door was already opened and the lights from the outside were lighting the hall up, so it's brighter than usual.

Airis shouted, "NO BREAKS AFTER WE FINISHED THIS ONE! Remember what I taught you! Okay, come in!"

Book heard what she said and sighed, "Fine...", because of the no breaks.

He went inside and when he was inside, he stopped and shouted with his arms up, "I WILL BE A KNIGHT!"

"You idiot! I didn't say you could shout after entering! Get back outside and do it again!", Airis was angry.

"Not a good catchphrase, huh?"

"THAT'S NOT WHAT I MEAN, YOU IDIOT! Just don't shout anything!"

She burst out in the beginning but tried to calm down at the end.

Book walked back outside and Airis shouted, "Get in!"

He walked in and stopped for a moment with his face sideways. Airis was confused and thought he would do something stupid again. Then he quickly moved his head forward and whispered with calm, "A knight of might with the night is coming into your light."

"WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING?!!", she snapped again.

But Book took this not seriously and replied, "So "A knight of might with the light is coming into your night" is better, huh?"

"What?... NOOOO!!! WHAT THE FUCK?!", she didn't know why he was saying such words.

"How about "A knight of might with the bright light is coming into your uptight night to relight the spotlight from your starlight to make you feel alright." That's better?"

"What are you trying to do?!", she's about to give up, yet there's still hope, and she's very confused.

"I thought it would be cool to say be-"

"NO! Don't say anything, not a word or a damn letter from your mouth! I swear, do it again and I will murder you!"

"Got it!", with a thumbs up.

He walked again towards the door and exited. While walking, she was talking behind his back, "That blockhead, I can not believe this is taking for hours. We're still in step one, walking towards the throne! Even a toddler could follow simple steps.", then she shouted, "Okay come out and perform it properly!"

Then Book jumped forward, rolled, and stopped. He gave a cool pose and that made Airis rage to her fullest. She stomped her foot and cracks were created around it. She generated electricity around her body and gathered them around her hand, creating a thunderbolt.

"YOU BRAINLESS FUCK!", she threw it with no hesitation even though she's in her house.

A loud sound of thunder was heard and the lightning bolt was going towards Book and hit him. He was pushed by the attack and went outside the door, then exploded with a cloud of dust.

Polly was walking by in the hallway when she felt a short tremor and heard an explosion nearby, "What was that?", so she ran where the problem was.

When she arrived, she saw Book on the floor with electricity around him. He then stood up fine and asked, "That was not good enough?"

Airis shouted, "JUST WALK!!! NOTHING ELSE! NOTHING MORE!"

"Got it!", replied casually with another thumbs up.

Polly stood still and watched the rehearsal. She didn't want to disturb and to be seen by one of them. When Book entered, he walked foolishly cool by walking with a lazy pace of his spread legs, slouched back, and moving his arms like spaghetti.

She heard, "That's it!", from Airis and loud footsteps. Then she heard, Ow, ow, ow! Okay, I won't do it again.", from Book.

When she peeked through the door, she saw Airis on top of Book. Airis was holding the collar of his shirt while slamming his head on the floor multiple times.

Airis replied, "Huh? Do you think I would believe that after the numerous times of stupidity you showed to me? I bet you will show me another shit performance."

"Wait! Stop slamming my head on the floor!", he then held her forearms and pulled them, resulting of his collar on his shirt to rip off.

He stopped Airis from slamming his head and told her, "Okay, how about-"

She slammed her forehead on to his head, "No more fucking how about!"

The floor cracked around the head of Book as Airis was still pushing her forehead on Book's forehead.

She stared at his eyes with rage and anger, trying to tell him that anything he would do was wrong and the only thing right was just to walk properly, "Why can't you understand to walk forward! Walk! Fucking walk! Nothing else! Walk normally like how normal people walk! Can you do that?!"

"Ohhh... Got it!", and gave her a smile.

Then Polly slowly moved away from the door as she understood the situation. She whispered, "I better leave them alone..."

Back to the present, Airis felt and thought positive from her hard work of turning Book to a person like a true gentleman. He was new and different. Airis told Polly, "It was a struggle for my mentality that burned my body and soul, but turning Book like that..."

She slowly pointed at Book, with her hand shaking, while looking at Polly with a face of achievement that had lost hope in the beginning, yet it was done perfectly in the end. A tear fell down from her eye and whispered while stuttering, "I-I-I raised that boy... I truly raised him properly..."

Polly felt her pain and looked at Book, "You did well, Airis... You did well." Then she looked at her and directly asked an odd question, "How many times you've kissed his cheeks?"

"..."

"..."

Airis stayed silent for this one and looked at Book, who was near to the throne while walking. She didn't answer the question like something happened that no one should know anything about it. Knowing that Book lacked knowledge, experience, and common sense, he must've done something that made Airis ignore the question and Polly.

Or they had done something inappropriate.

So Polly whispered awkwardly, "Okay...", and then thought in surprise, Something happened between them!

Polly must have had learned something about Book from his actions and words.

Then Book walked upfront and stopped in front of the platform of the thrones. Then he genuflected on the floor and lowered his head to begin the next step of the ceremony. Xarthus held the sword for accolade under his cape and showed it to all. A simple, double-edged, white sword with black circular gems on the flat of the blade. He pointed the sword towards Book and before he laid the flat of the sword on his right shoulder, a child shouted with a girl's voice, "I OBJECT!!!"

The shout came from the outside, behind the door of the hall. Everyone stopped and looked at the door, except for Book who was focusing on the event. The door slowly opened and the people watched it until it was opened fully by Eve.

Eve was struggling to open the door as it was hard for her to push such a door. After that, she shouted again, "I OBJECT!"

Airis, Polly, Xarthus, and Eyerine thought the same word, Eve?

They were confused as to why she objected the ceremony where Book would become a knight. Then she started to walk angrily, stomping her feet towards the throne. When she arrived, she stepped near Xarthus and yelled, "I will be the one who will perform the accolade! He's my knight!!"

Everyone was silent, none of them had said a word yet. Xarthus didn't know what to do in a situation like this and looked at his wife. He conveyed his face of what to do and she understood it easily. She told Eve, "Sure, you can do the accolade, Eve."

"Really?!", Xarthus was shocked and confused. And Eve was happy to hear it and gave a big smile, but he was in troubled and whispered to his wife, "Are you really sure? I mean, the sword is really heavy."

"It's a sword for the accolade, if she's willing then let her handle it. I think she's fine."

"If you say so."

He looked at Eve and offered the sword to her. He placed the flat side of the blade on his hands and waited for her to take the handle. She was very excited to do the accolade as she thought that doing this ceremony would mean having a knight of her own. So she held the handle with one hand first and she struggled to lift it. Because of that she used both of her hands and raised the sword up high as the point of the sword was pointing at the ceiling. She tried to balance it and everyone started to worry that the heaviness of the sword might fall on her. Xarthus was cautious and prepared his hands, wide opened, to grab the sword when it would fall to save Eve, but she was fine, she got the balance of the sword.

"There we go...", she whispered.

She slowly walked forward while looking at the sword and balancing it. When she was in front of Book, she looked at him seriously and began her own style of accolade, not only turning Book a knight but making Book her knight.

Xarthus guided her and whispered, "Okay, good. Now gently face the flat side on his right shoulder and he...", then he froze from utter shock.

Eve tightly held the handle and slashed the right shoulder of Book. Everyone froze from what they were witnessing. Airis and Polly whispered, "Eh? What happened there?"

They expected a normal, bloodless accolade, but the white tunic, Book was wearing, was covered and spreading with blood on his shoulders area. It was unexpected for them. But Book didn't flinch from the sword that was inside his shoulder. Then Eve pulled the sword out and that panicked Xarthus to stop it because she would do it again on his left shoulder and whispered to her calmly, "Eve, I think It's better for me to do it."

Before he would walk near at her, Eyerine stopped him by holding his shirt and whispered with a calm face, "No, dear. Let her continue."

He froze from surprise and told her, "I am very worried about you in so many ways!"

He let Eve continue, so without any hesitation, she slashed Book's left shoulder. Book still didn't shout from the pain he was experiencing because from what he had been taught by Airis during rehearsal that he should never shout or even say a letter from his mouth. Blood spread out from his white tunic around his shoulders and chest. The guest was still frozen still from shock as they didn't know what was happening and Polly asked Airis with a whisper, "Airis... Is this part of the rehearsal?"

"No... This isn't an accolade anymore... It looks like an execution..."

Eve would now pull the sword out from his left shoulder, but she was struggling.

"Ah, it's stuck!"

She placed her foot on his shoulder and pulled the sword out. She pulled it so hard that caused the sword to move over her head and fell behind. She fell on the floor and the sword hit the foot of Xarthus. He shouted in pain, "AHHH!!!"

He held his foot while jumping, trying to balance himself. While he was screaming in pain, Eve and Book stood up together. Both of them looked at each other's eyes and she said, "Now you are a knight, my knight and you shall accompany me forever as part of the Eve Kingdom. Welcome to my crew, Book!"

Book didn't say a word as part of the accolade, but that silence is automatically a yes to whatever she said. Lastly, the ending part of the accolade, she jumped at him and gave him a hug then she crawled around him. She stayed on his back and held on as she wrapped her arms around his neck. Book's face was emotionless, showing seriousness during the accolade, but Eve didn't like that. While her head was at the side of his head, she smiled and whispered, "You're my knight now, Book. Shout it out."

He smiled as he wanted to do it, so he took a deep breath, clenched his fists, and yelled out everything from his lungs, "I AM A KNIGHT!!!"

Now Book had achieved as the knight in the Eve Kingdom.

Somewhere around the table, a loud thud was heard and the people looked at her. Airis sat down emotionlessly shocked like she was having a trauma from what she heard and slammed her head on the table.

Polly immediately thought, P. T. S. D.!!!

After the accolade, everyone celebrated fine as the celebration was a success. The guests immediately held their glass wine and raised it up high as a symbol of celebration for the moment of Book being a knight. Outside the castle, fireworks were lit up and started to fly to the skies. The sounds of the fireworks going to the sky before exploding, the people heard them and looked up. From afar of the kingdom, the fireworks exploded beautifully, showing a lot of colors and styles. The people within the kingdom and away from the kingdom saw the fireworks. The different vibrant colors of the fireworks brought to light on the kingdom and far away lands.

A new knight was made in the world.

0