Volume 2 Chapter 17 – The First Day in the Eve Kingdom
17 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When the day had turned to its night, the skies were showing a beautiful starry night. The once full moon that showed a perfect circle from the people's perspective on earth, one of its sides had lost a small part of moonshine reflected from the sunlight. The night was still naturally bright as its aesthetic moonlight was hitting at the Grigmorian battleship that was stolen by the Trickster. The ship was moving above the clouds in a stagnant position as winds were weak, but its temperature was cold. There was no one on deck, it was empty and no souls were walking by. The people that were once on the ship were already inside to take shelter from the environment and some other reasons.

The time had reached its hour of sleeping as most of the humans were tired and exhausted from the day.

The Trickster was inside an expensive room, completely different from the appearance outside, the simple-looking ship. But regardless, the whole ship was expensive even without the total cost of the rooms because of its massive size. The materials used for the creation of the ship reached to hundred millions of Xeyen and they were the highest quality of wood, metal, and others, Grigmor could buy.

So the Trickster was inside the bedroom of the captain's room, above the stern cabin. It was the third floor of the ship, where the area was for the captain to stay and live.

The room was a simple bedroom, for a Grigmorian, having a black king's bed with white pillows, white carpet, and other necessary expensive furniture for a bedroom. There were no chandeliers on the ceiling, but lights in the nitches. All of them were turned off. There was a bay window on the wall and its curtains were wide opened as the rays of moonlight were lighting room, making it comfortably dim.

She was preparing herself for sleep as she already fixed her clothes and the items, she brought from her bag, were in the proper places of drawers, cabinets, and some other place to contain them.

Then a silhouette of her was walking towards the bed after she checked herself from the mirror and yawned. She whispered tiredly, "What a day... Well, time to sleep..."

She placed her knees on the bed and then laid her body on it. She lifted the blanket and tucked herself in. Eventually, she slept comfortably on the bed, warm, and relaxing.

After some time, another silhouette appeared, but it was a little girl who walked towards the bed, with the Trickster sleeping, without being cautious or anything. She was carrying a bag and laid it near the bed. She took a teddy bear, out from the bag, and held it with her hand. She then climbed up on the bed because it was hard for her to place her legs on the bed as she was short. After that, she went inside the blanket and slept together with a dangerous criminal.

"..."

For the prisoner and Book, they were lost in the dark for hours. They had been walking and walking forever, finding the incinerator and the prison. While they still continued walking aimlessly around the darkness in the stern cabin, Book started freaking out because he had been seeing the darkness and nothing else for a long time. In addition, it was so silent and Book just kept on hearing his footsteps and from the prisoner's, making him anxious.

"Hey... Prisoner guy, are you there?", he asked as he started getting scared, but the prisoner replied, "Yeah..."

"Have you found the incinerator and your prison yet?"

"No... Because it's dark..."

"I know right! Also, don't leave me alone in this... Dark... Creepy place... It keeps getting scarier the more we kept on walking like there's no end. Man, how hard is it to find them? By the way, promise me that you won't leave me alone, okay?"

"Sure...", he replied faintly and the voice sounded like he's moving away from Book.

"I can't tell how much time we've spent searching, but do you know what time it is? I'm getting hungry... Or should we try to find your prison first before finding the incinerator?"

"...", silence passed by.

"...", and it continued. He didn't answer Book's questions and that concerned Book a lot of things that he panicked badly.

"Hey?! Are you there?!... Prison dude?... Dude?... AHHHHHHHH!!! I'm alone in the dark with GHOSTS!!! HELP!!! Man in the dark! I'm in danger! I don't know what they'll do to me!", Book dropped the bag he was carrying and started running around in the darkness while shouting as he didn't know what's around him. Being in the dark alone made him scared as he thought that there's a ghost near him. His commotion made a lot of loud noises of heavy footsteps, bangs from hitting his head on the walls, and his shouts reached almost around the whole ship.

Suddenly, the garnet eyes of the Trickster opened fiercely and they glistened, reflected from the moonlight. She thought in her mind immediately, Someone's inside the ship with me!

She placed her feet on the floor and knew the location where the shouts and noises were. She whispered, "He's right below me..."

She quickly ran outside the room without making any noise and vanished inside the shadows.

"..."

Inside the utter darkness stern cabin, Book continued his panicking while crying, "WAAAAAH!!! HELP!!! AHHHHHH!!!"

Then when the Trickster was walking down carefully the staircase of the stern cabin, she turned on the switch for the lights on the side of the wall. The lights turned on and the whole stern cabin was lit up from the lights on the ceiling. She was wearing a white blouse and black shorts as sleeping clothes. The stern cabin was a prison that was a simple one of columns of prison cells with narrow hallways. When Book was running and shouting, and the lights turned on, he stopped and calmed down immediately. He told to himself, "Ah, the lights are on..."

There he saw the same female, he saw when he was in Grigmor kingdom, so he said, "Hey, I remember you."

Trickster saw him as an enemy in her territory and took this seriously, so in a quick swift, she sprinted towards him, swiped her foot on the floor, and hit his feet, resulting in Book spinning in one hundred eighty degrees. Book realized his position, "Why is my head facing towards your legs?"

She prepared her fist and punched the stomach of Book.

He opened his mouth as he felt the pain from his stomach, flew, and rolled towards the end of the hallway. He then hit the wall and stayed in position as he was looking at her. He whispered, "Ow, ow, ow..."

She shouted with a threat, "What are you doing here?! And how were you able to get inside the ship?!"

Book relieved from the pain and replied, "Well, we were actually finding the incinerator to destroy the weapons and the prison."

She was puzzled by what she heard and whispered, "We?"

She slowly looked at her left as she noticed someone with red hair in her peripheral vision and saw a young man behind the bars, staring at her with a depressing and lazy look.

She froze in shock as she thought Book was the only one who was with her in the ship, but then she shouted in confusion, "WHAAAT THE FUUUCK?!!"

"..."

After that, she threw Book, with no resistance, inside the prison cell together with the prisoner. She closed the cell by pulling the bars down from the ceiling and slammed it on the floor hard. And the sound of a lock was made so both of them were locked inside.

She told them, "Listen here, I will dump both of you out from my ship when I wake up tomorrow. I cannot do it now because I'm very tired! Got that?!"

"Yeah.", Book casually replied.

She walked towards the staircase and shouted, "Goodnight, boys! Dream a lot tonight because it's your last night!"

Book ran towards the bars and held them, he replied, "Goodnight, too! We will dream of a lot of good dreams!... What a kind and nice person..."

She turned off the lights and Book panicked as he got scared, "Oi! Don't turn off the lights! I will be all alone here!"

The prisoner yawned and Book realized, "Ah. Nevermind! I got someone here to be with me! Goodnight!"

"..."

The prisoner slept on the bed while Book was sleeping on the floor. Both of them were sleeping comfortably while the Trickster, before she went on the side of her bed, she yawned one more time and tucked herself in the blanket.

After that, she slept and unknowingly, she placed her arms over the body of the little girl, pulled her towards her body towards her chest, and hugged her like a pillow.

While sleeping, she murmured, "What a soft pillow..."

"..."

"..."

Then morning came as the sun shined brightly, giving light to the ship as it was sailing on the clear skies. But even the sun was giving heat early in the morning, the temperature was still cold. The ship and around it was so peacefully silent.

Everyone in the ship was quietly sleeping, but the body clock of the Trickster woke her up early.

On her bed, she was sleeping with Eve the whole night as her head was the only body part out of the blanket.

The Trickster slowly opened her eyes and saw a head of white hair. She mistook it as the white pillow because of her tired eyes and slowly lifted her upper body. She yawned and stretched her body with her messy hair. She placed her feet on the floor and walked towards the bathroom with a tired face. After some time of fixing herself, she came out with a refreshed face and combed hair while she was looking in the mirror. She was wearing fresh morning attire of green sweater, black jogging pants, and fluffy slippers.

She whispered happily, "Okay, time to cook breakfast."

She went outside and walked to the main cabin where the kitchen was. The room was a small cafeteria, but she already went to the kitchen and started cooking delicious breakfast. As for the prisoner and Book, they were still sleeping quietly and comfortably, but today was their last day for they would be thrown out from the ship. After half an hour or so, Eve woke up as she was feeling uncomfortable so she looked behind her and no one was with her on the bed. She whispered tiredly, "Where's Book?"

She thought that she had been sleeping with Book last night as she felt someone's arms around her body.

She didn't continue to sleep back and so she placed her feet on the floor with closed eyes. It seemed she's uncomfortable sleeping alone.

She wore the warm blanket around her body like a robe. Then she slowly walked forward, barefooted, and went outside the room with the whole blanket.

Suddenly, the winds were created and passed by the ship, making the sails flap around. But the wind carried the aroma from the cooking in the kitchen. Eve smelled it and smiled happily, "That smells delicious..."

She followed the scent and walked to the main cabin.

Inside the main cabin, the Trickster had prepared a lot of food by herself for breakfast. There were slices of bacon, eggs, meats, vegetables, and more. The foods were placed on the plate and on the table as the rectangular-shaped tables were combined as one in the middle of the room. Each of that food was garnished by her own homemade style.

Even the foods were on the table, she was still cooking more in the kitchen. Her appetite was big like Book and Eve's.

When Eve arrived in front of the main cabin's door, she entered without making a sound. She walked slowly towards the table and sat down on a long dining chair while hearing someone cooking in the kitchen.

Her mouth started drooling and her eyes were still tired as she was looking at the number of tasty foods on the table. She told to herself, "Book would like to eat this. I got to share these with him."

She held the plate and placed the food inside the blanket as she used it as a bag. Then she took all of them and filled the bag with food. She walked out, dragging the bag, without knowing that those foods weren't for her. She then left the main cabin without any sound, leaving the table with empty plates.

After the Trickster finished cooking another dish while she was holding a plate of food on each of her hands, she was surprised that all of the food was gone, "What? Where did all of the food, I cooked, go?"

When Eve was walking down the staircase of the stern cabin, the place was lit up from the lights by Eve when she struggled to turn it on as she kept on jumping to reach it. She started walking towards the cell of Book and the prisoner. The smell of cooked food spread around the whole area, filling the noses of the two people inside, with savory.

The first one to wake up from the smell was the stomach of Book as it grumbled loudly. Then Book woke up and lifted his upper body up, and both of them energetically shouted and translated, "FOOOOD?!"

Eve walked in front of the prison cell of Book and greeted him, "Good morning, Book!"

"Eve! You brought food!"

Both of them were happy to see each other as they were exchanging smiles and sat down on the floor together.

"Yeah, I got this food on the table and they looked really delicious. And I really want to share it with you... Here.", she placed the blanket flat on the floor, near the bars of the prison and the foods were scattered around in one pile. But the combination of the food was looking delicious like all in one buffet.

"Woooaaah! Hey, prison dude, let's have food time!", Book invited him and he woke up from it. Then he just sat beside him as he accepted it. He replied tiredly, "Thanks..."

Back in the main cabin, the Trickster saw a trail of dark sauce on the floor and thought of trying to find out about the missing food, "Someone was here... They must've escaped when I broke the cell as I slammed it too hard... Shit!", she ran outside and followed the trail. She ended up in the stern cabin.

When she arrived, she saw a cute little girl, sitting on the floor with a blanket of piled food, she cooked. The little girl was handling food to the prisoners as she took the meats and went her hands inside the bars with the food. The Trickster froze as she was just observing her, eating, talking, smiling, and laughing with the prisoners. She felt in love with the little girl from her cuteness. Then Eve noticed someone near the staircase from her peripheral vision and told her with a genuine, wholesome smile, "Would you like some, too?", as she raised a drumstick from a chicken.

CUTE! , the Trickster shouted in her mind with a lot of joy.

The Trickster then walked slowly towards her because she didn't know what to react and sat down near the little girl after she took the drumstick. After that, the prisoners and the little girl were enjoying together as they were eating, but for the Trickster, she was feeling something wholesome and happy in the atmosphere around them. She thought in her mind while she was still figuring it out what it was, What is this, that they are showing... It feels familiar and old... Like when I was young...

...

A family...

And all of them ate together like a family.

"..."

After all of them had breakfast together in the stern cabin, Eve left immediately and went outside, leaving the Trickster to clean the place up as she held the folded blanket to wash it later. Then Book held the bars tightly and asked the Trickster as he was showing an uncomfortable face, "Uh, excuse me?"

She looked at him and didn't know why he was acting like that. She replied, "Huh?"

"Could you open this?... I need to urinate."

"Sure."

She opened the prison cell as she lifted it up with one hand. Book ran towards the staircase, out of the stern cabin to urinate as he was holding it for too long, but the red-haired prisoner stayed inside, making the Trickster confused, "Aren't you going to leave?", she asked politely and he replied, "I'll stay here for a while..."

She answered, "Alright, I'll leave this open for you"

"Thanks..."

Before Book stepped on the stair, he asked the Trickster, "Uh! Do you know where the restroom is?"

"You could use the one in the main cabin.", she answered.

Book ran off in a hurry and shouted, "Thanks!"

"..."

After the nice moments with the onboard passengers of the ship, on the deck, Eve was sitting on the main deck with her teddy bear on her lap and the Trickster was on the stern deck as she was placing the wet and clean blanket on the taffrails to let it dry up by the heat of the sun. As she was spreading the blanket along the taffrails, Eve shouted, "Everyone! Let's have a meeting!!!"

The Trickster was confused and couldn't know why, "Meeting? What for?"

She wanted to know so she answered the announcement and went on the main deck with Eve. For Book, he went out of the main cabin and heard what Eve said. He told himself, "A meeting?", as he was confused, too.

Book and the Trickster were near Eve. All of them were sitting on the floor while Eve was in front of them. She asked, "Are we lacking someone?"

The Trickster looked diagonally and thought, "Hmmm..."

Book followed, but he stared whatever was in front of him and held his chin, "Hmmm..." Then he knew the answer, "I know who!"

He ran to the stern deck and went inside its cabin. He left with the prisoner as he was dragging him to the main deck. Book shouted, "I found him!"

Eve said, "Ah, so it's him."

"So it's him, huh?", the Trickster told to herself.

All of them had forgotten about the prisoner. But Book was able to remember him well because they slept together last night.

Now, all of them were complete. Eve sat in front of the three like she was the leader among them. She started the meeting, "Okay, listen up!", she stood up so fast and before she said something, her legs felt weak and dead because she sat for too long so, she was trying to balance herself. She was balancing herself with her arms spread afar and whispered gibberish. Then finally she stopped moving as she regained her legs. The Trickster found this cute and thought in her head, She's even cute when doing that!

Eve stood properly and continued, "All of you are now part of the Eve Kingdom!", as she pointed her both index fingers at the new ones, the Trickster and the prisoner.

Book clapped happily and cheered, "Wooohooo! We are all part of the kingdom!"

The prisoner gave nothing but his depressing, lazy face. The Trickster was consumed by the cuteness of Eve and whispered, "She's too cute!!!"

Eve still continued, "I will be the captain of this ship and I name it "Eve Kingdom" Three of you will be the vice-captains! Do you have any questions?!"

Book answered immediately, "Nothing, captain!", and gave her a salute.

The prisoner didn't do anything again.

And the Trickster started daydreaming of Eve. She was cuddling her like a cute stuffed toy in her dreams and mumbled unintelligible words.

Eve then walked towards them and sat down, she told them, "Form a circle and we shall introduce ourselves!"

Everyone followed and formed a circle while sitting down. Eve wanted to start with her fellow crew members and told him, "Book, you start first."

Book was feeling excited and introduced himself to everyone, "Hello, everyone! My name is Book. My name was given by Catherine back in Dri- WAIT! No, uhhhh...", he panicked as he remembered and continued, "You can call me Book!"

"..."

"Hi, my name is Mana. I'm the Trickster with the bounty of eighteen million Xeyen. I got this bounty in the Grigmor Kingdom and the name from tricking people."

Eve was happy to hear that, "Woah! That's a great number!"

"Thanks.", she smiled.

"...Uh... My name is Sparrow, I-"

Eve interrupted, "My name is Eve, the captain of this ship! I have a dream to make it to reality! Book, Mana, and Sparrow, will you accompany me? And together we will make our dreams come true because this ship shall be the beginning towards our dreams!"

"...Humans are the only reality makers that can make any dreams come in life. That's how powerful we are, but no one has achieved it yet until it is done...", Sparrow had a monologue through a whisper to the point that only he could hear it, but Book looked at him while listening.

Mana smiled seriously, "Dreams?", as she thought of her dreams and her eyes looked at her past.

She smiled a smile of achieving her dreams. And she continued, "I'm, without a doubt, in."

But as she was thinking of her dreams in the past, she remembered something crucial last night and that shocked her.

"WAIT A MINUTE!"

Everyone looked at her, except for Sparrow, and she stood up, pointed at Book and Sparrow, and continued, "I'm supposed to throw you out right now!"

"So you're going to throw Eve too?", Book talked back.

She looked at Eve and even Eve was standing still, she was emitting an aura of cuteness from doing nothing. Mana grabbed Eve and hugged her like a stuffed doll, "No! I'm only throwing both of you! Eve and I can start without you!"

Eve looked at her face and answered, "But Book's with me. You can throw Sparrow instead.", she pointed at his face.

Sparrow stood up and told them, "Alright, where do you want me to stay before you throw me out?"

"Wait, wait, wait, wait!!!", Book panicked and grabbed the shirt of Sparrow as he knew that everything was going in a bad situation. He continued, "Sparrow's with me so everyone gets to stay on board!"

Mana squinted and decided, "Fine... Both of you get to stay..."

Book breathed out in relief and everything was fine. Now everyone stayed on board and things went good and normal in the kingdom of Eve. As the ship was flying in the clear skies, Mana was maneuvering the wheel of the ship, Book was looking around the scenery, and Sparrow was sitting on the taffrails, staring anything from afar. All three of them were on the forecastle deck and then Eve arrived on the deck after running from the main deck. She continued running and went near Mana. She asked, "Where are we going, Mana?"

Mana started thinking and replied, "I don't know, to be honest. I'm just flying the ship anywhere it has a good weayher. Is there somewhere you want to go?"

"Hehe, nothing, I just want to ask."

"I see..."

"By the way, Mana. Is there a playground here?", she became excited.

"Huh?... Hmmm...", she started thinking of a place that is similar to a playground in the ship for Eve and continued, "Try checking the basement. I don't know anything inside there besides the top floors."

"Okay!"

Eve ran off to the basement to find a place for her to play. Then Mana called the boys, "Book! Sparrow!"

"Yes?!", Book answered and Sparrow looked at her.

"Come here."

They went beside Mana and she asked, "Since Eve is still a child who still likes to play, we will leave her to whatever she does. The three of us will have to work together for the ship. So we will split our responsibilities... I can cook, maneuver the ship, navigate, fix, and more. That's what I can do best. How about you, Book? What can you do for the ship that you're best at?"

Book was struggling to think and replied, "Hmmm... I can cook food with fire... Walking forward without saying a word... Uhhhh... Ah! I can assist with anything that is asked. With instruction, I can do it easily."

"...Okay...", she was confused at the second part of what's his best at and continued, "That's great. You'll be the assistant to everyone. How about you, Sparrow?"

"I mix different alcohols and wines together to make a good drink. I'm a mixologist..."

"You're useless...", she said with a hollow expression.

"...Thanks for reminding me..."

After that awkward silence, a loud bang came from the basement like something heavy fell to the floor. Then more loud noises were heard from the basement. That's when Mana struck an idea of what Sparrow could do as he would be useful for the ship. She said, "Since this ship's owned by Eve now... Basically, taking care of this ship is like taking care of her... So Sparrow, I know and hope what you can do best..."

Book tried thinking what it was and was confused, "Huh? What is it?"

"..."

Inside the room in the basement, Eve was running around the narrow, long room that was lightened up by the lights on the ceiling. There were cannons and cannonballs around the room. There were cannonballs rolling around the floor as Eve and the teddy bear was on riding a cannon, with the bottom part that had a metallic platform with four wheels. She drove anywhere the room as she used a stick to push herself with the cannon and move forward, hitting shelves of cannonballs and the walls of the room, and it was fun for her. She was laughing the whole time when the cannonballs were hitting the other balls, ricocheting.

"Hahahahaha! Forward!"

Then Sparrow went inside the room as he came through from the door silently. He was wearing a white face mask, a white hand towel wrapped around his hair to avoid the sweat to flow from his face, white gloves, a duster, and a broom on his hands. He showed no expressions or emotions of caring even Eve was playing with dangerous cannonballs that were literally hitting each other that might cause an explosion.

"Ah! Sparrow! Do you want to join?", Eve noticed him as she was in front of him.

"..."

But before Sparrow entered the room, where Eve was and was on the forecastle with Mana and Book, she continued her words, "You babysit Eve."

"..."

"..."

As the day was dying when the night was coming and it was getting dark. Mana was still controlling the helm of the ship, staring at the beautiful dying sky. She then thought something unbelievable and for herself, What a weird day... I was supposed to be alone with the ship forever... With no work... Easy and carefree life like I always wanted... Then suddenly, they came out of nowhere... When I think of my future with the desires in my life... It will be the most boring life that has ever lived by a human... When they came, I think my future will be the most fun ever... I want my future with my dreams! And...

"I now have friends...", she whispered with a smile.

The Kingdom of Eve, the ship where dreams started, flew forward straight to the unknowns of the world. Thus, the night fully covered a part of the world as time passed by.

0