Volume 2 Chapter 19: The Confrontation
23 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

On the bridge that would connect to the town from the rest of the land, a great number of armed men were walking towards the crew members of the Eve. With their boss, walking in front of them and smoking with his pipe. This group was called "The Round House Gangs" and they were giving a mean look to whoever looked at them. But for the crew members of Eve, they were just walking casually towards them like they weren't bad guys and didn't mind their looks.

When those two different groups were getting closer at each other, the knights, from the Crusader, were getting tensed as they would raid the dangerous gang by trapping them on both sides of the bridge. They held their guns tighter and prepared their guns to shoot. They were ready and waiting for the queue to show and attack them.

After some time of walking towards each other, Book approached the boss as both of them were somewhere in the middle of the bridge. They stopped the moment they were centimeters away from each other. The boss looked at Book with a bossy and pissed off face, "Oi... You're blocking the way...", he said with a deep voice.

His men followed, "Yeah, get out of the way, stupid!" and "Hahaha! Right!"

Book looked at Mana and said, "Hey, I thought they would give way like a normal person would do?"

Mana looked at Book and replied, "I guess, they aren't normal people..."

"Ah, I see... Excuse me, abnormal people, but could you give us a path to go to the other side?", Book told them casually.

"..."

Then the thugs started making loud noises and threatened the crew members of Eve after what Book told to them.

"The fuck did you just call us, little shit?!"

"Oi, get the fuck out of the way! Our boss is walking! He's in your path!"

"Go back to the town, kids! We will finish you there!"

"Yeah! Just wait until we destroy you and your town!"

They continued bashing them with rude words. But Book talked back, "We aren't from this place. We live on a ship..."

"You talked back to us, bastard?!"

"Shut your mouth kid or we will throw you out from this bridge!"

"Kyahahaha!", "Hahahaha!", and "Right, right!"

Then the boss got angry and started punching the legs of Book. The punches looked pathetic and weak because his arms and hands were small in contrast to his height.

"You fucking bastard! Get out of my way!", he punched more and started kicking.

Book looked surprised by what he was feeling and gushed, "Ah! There are ants crawling on my legs!", but when he looked down it was just the boss punching and kicking stupidly with his little arms and legs. Book continued and apologize, "Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't know it was you."

The boss stopped what he was doing, inhaled his pipe to calm him down, and released it all. He then asked seriously, "Oi, kid, are you gonna get out from my way or we will be the one doing that?"

"Hmmmm...", Book didn't know what to do and asked Eve as he looked at the top, "Hey, Eve! What should we do?!"

"About what?!", Eve didn't hear anything from what the boss said as it was hard to hear properly from the height she's at.

And Book answered.

He held the boss like a baby and raised him on top to let Eve see the person, and asked, "Should we get out from this guy's way or they will be doing that?!"

The thugs gasped in surprise, like little kids, from what they were seeing of their boss. And the boss started to get red because he was going to erupt from pent-up anger, but he was inhaling and exhaling fast his pipe to calm him down. Then Eve laughed shortly and exclaimed, "Haha! He looks like a ball!"

"KILL THEM! KILL THEM ALL!!!", he erupted and yelled.

He rolled, gone from the hands of Book and bounced from the deck and continued to roll inside the legs of his men. And the thugs cried to push forward and attack them, "Graaaaaahhhhhh!!!"

Mana thought, We're too near...

The men in front of Book swang their swords at him, but Mana was quicker. She threw the bags, she was holding, onto the cart and grabbed a disc in one of her pouches.

After grabbing one, she shouted, "Explosion disc!", and threw it to a man's face.

The disc stuck to his face, covering his right eye. And the man panicked intensively after hearing that the disc on his face would explode.

"AHH! IT'S GOING TO EXPLODE!", he shouted in shock, but his fellow gang members avoided him. And the gangs stopped attacking Book because they were distracted by the commotion, the man was doing. That's the time, Mana rushed to push the cart and asked hurriedly, "Book, help me push this cart!"

The gangs forgot about them and Book answered, "Okay!"

Both of them pushed the cart, going to the town hurriedly.

When the man tried to pull the disc by himself, he couldn't because it was really stuck to his face, he shouted, "I don't want to die!!!"

So, in times of hopelessness, he asked for their help, "Hey! Help me! We can get this rid off easily! I'm not strong enough!", and went near to his gang members, but they tried to move away from him, pushing the Round House gang back.

Nobody knew what to do, stay away or help.

"Fuck! Just get here and help me, fucking assholes! It hasn't even exploded yet!", he yelled at them angrily. They still stayed away from him, and he continued as he touched the disc and went near to them, "Maybe there's a button here?! Hey, can you see a button?! There is right?!"

But when a different man squeezed in from the crowd to see what's happening, he saw his friend in trouble and asking for help. He ran to help him, but the man, with a disc on his face, tripped and started crying. And when his friend was beside him, he asked while crying, "Please... Help me... Get rid of this off my face..."

"I got you, bro!", he exclaimed.

He held the disc tightly and tried pulling it out from his face, and the man held his friend's arm and helped him pull the disc. He also moved his body backward to avoid being pulled by his friend.

But it was not enough as both of them were struggling and sweating.

"Ten...", the disc started counting in Mana's voice.

That panicked both of them, the man shouted, "Try twisting it! Maybe it's the only way!"

His friend twisted the disc, but still nothing, so he cursed loudly, "Fuck this shiiiit!!!"

Then the man whispered in a voice of lost hope, "Please... Not like this..."

"Nine..."

His friend shouted behind him, "Oi!! What the fuck are you doing and help us here!"

His fellow gang members were still perplexed, but within the crowd, the boss shouted, "Help them, you fucking idiots!"

"Eight..."

A lot of the gang members answered, "Yes, boss!", and they rushed to their aid.

Both of them stood up to let them help so, a man wrapped his arm around the man's friend and the rest followed behind his back. Then a lot of men held on the man, whose face had the explosive disc.

"Seven..."

They were pulling it with all their strength in both opposite directions. But it was still stuck and the man's friend motivated them, "All together! Push!!"

And everyone pushed, but it was hopeless as they were struggling and doing it with all they could.

"Six..."

Then the man had it and accepted his fate, "Go, bro... Leave me... There's nothing we can do..."

"No! We can still take this shit off!!", he didn't give up as he was still pulling.

"Five..."

The man behind his friend shouted, "Everyone, leave! It's impossible! Five seconds is enough for us to get away from the explosion safely!"

Everyone, who helped, followed his words and started running away from them. While they're running, the man, who shouted, asked the man's friend, "Hey, we have to leave now. There's nothing we can do!"

"Four..."

He didn't answer, but he was still pulling, and tears were falling down to his face. Then the man continued, "Dammit! I'm out of here!", and ran away for his life.

"...Bro, you have to stop and leave now..."

"Three..."

"I can't! I can't...", he was frustrated that nothing could be done as he was holding on tightly on the disc.

Then things got emotional between the two friends.

"...You can... You have to accept it... And it's almost zero already..."

"How can I accept it?! Who will smile at me when I smile?! Who will I smile to again?!", he was frustrated and continued with a sad whisper, "You're the only one who can make me smile... Only you, bro..."

"Two..."

"...Then find someone and bring him out his smile. That's how you make him smile at you... It's all about passing it on to somebody... And that's how I found you, bro... A smile who smiles at me..."

Then both of them thought of a glimpse from the exact past when they were strangers at first. When his friend was frowning with a sad, depressed face on the table alone after he was rejected by a group of men who didn't smile back at him when he smiled genuinely and asked to be with them, a man sat near him, asked him to be with him, and gave him a smile to which he slowly smiled back and accepted his request. There, they talked, laughed, ate, drank, and importantly, they smiled at each other and became bros.

"One..."

He sniffed so hard at this and hugged him tightly. He whispered, "Thank you... Thank you..." Then he walked away from him, and said his last words, "Thank you... Bro..."

"You're welcome, bro..."

"Zero..."

His friend was walking away while crying and he never wanted to look back. And the man was smiling at his friend.

Then an ignition happened in the center of the disc and it was time for his fate.

"..."

"..."

"Explosioooon~", a voice of Mana came in a seductive manner and continued, "You- You're a fucking idiot.", with a serious voice.

"..."

The disc automatically removed from his face and fell on the deck. The whole Round House gangs were frozen from what they heard. Some were frozen while they're positioned to run away. And everyone, except for the man was completely frozen, but the man shouted in surprise, "EEEEEEHHHH?!!"

Then the man got mad, took the disc on the deck, and smashed it to the deck, "That was fucking fake?! Bullshit!!! Everyone! Get those fuckers!!"

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!", everyone charged forward to them with their swords raised, and his friend slowly took his sword out and charged with them. He whispered weakly, "Aaahhh...", after such an emotional moment with his bro that he felt weak.

She basically tricked them.

When Book and Mana were pushing the cart with all their might, she exclaimed, "C'mon, Book! Push harder!"

"I'm trying!"

The cart was heavy to push because of the weight of the barrels and everyone and everything on it. From that, the Round House gangs were able to catch up as their speed was faster than them. She realized that the people shouting behind them were getting louder and nearer, "Shit, I need to stall them! Book, push the cart back to the town."

"Eh? How about you?"

"...Wait! I can't handle them all!", she just realized and asked, "Sparrow, help me out with the enemies!"

She stopped pushing the cart, looked at her enemies, and grabbed a disc with two holes on both diagonal sides, and held it in front of the enemies. Then two rubber wires came out from the holes and attached to the metal beams as they had strong magnets on both ends. After that, she jumped backward and made it look like a slingshot. After that, she released her hands.

The disc she held at first, flew in at a fast speed and hit the person. An explosion occurred, but the speed made the explosion reached far as the smokes formed like a letter V.

Some of the men had fallen, but there were still more and more coming from behind. They pushed forward like it was the only thing they knew. The rubber wires were still there, but the disc was gone. The wires were actually one single wire, put inside a disc and released into two wires from different sides.

The enemies ran at the wire and didn't care at all. While they were running, Mana whispered, "What a bunch idiots..."

Behind her was Book struggling to push the cart alone back to the town and he was meters away from Mana and Sparrow was on his feet and the bags, he was carrying, were on the backside of the cart. Eve was just cheering Mana, "Go, go, go, go, Mana! Beat them all!"

When the enemies were going near to Mana, who was looking behind her back, they were about to swing their swords, but they were slowing down drastically when all of them ran through the rubber wire on their chest.

The guy in the middle realized, "Hey, why can't I move forward?", as he was swinging his sword at Mana, but couldn't reach.

Then all of them felt a slight push in the opposite direction as all of them were pushing each other to move, "Go forward, dammit!", and, "Push!!!"

The rubber wire wouldn't snap and was already at the limit of its elasticity that the men basically made a slingshot of themselves and they were the ones who would be thrown out.

When the men felt weak and gave up from pushing, the wire pushed them backward. A lot of them were flying away while some of them were falling to each other like dominos.

"Ahhhhhhh!", the ones flying shouted.

Mana hurried Book, "Book, use your head! Pull the cart from the rope and turn around and get away here easily!"

"But you said to push it back to the town."

Mana sighed and Book informed her quickly, "Mana, they're coming!"

She looked at her back and saw a horde of angry men with weapons, "Ah, shit! Sparrow, help!"

Book pulled the cart, made a U-Turn, went back to the town. Then Mana was just throwing explosive discs at the enemies after grabbing from bags on her leg, but Sparrow was doing nothing. After a couple of discs, she threw a new disc and slid it on the deck. Then it released oil on the metal deck and went across a long distance from the bridge. The oil even reached under the feet of Mana and Sparrow, and both of them stayed put, but she got annoyed that he was doing nothing, "Sparrow, are you going to do something?!"

He stared blankly and she whispered, "That idiot. Is he going to let me do all of the work?"

When the enemies ran on the oil, they slipped and fell bad. Most of them slid forward and couldn't get up as it was too slippery. From that, it was resulting from swords and men sliding towards Mana and Sparrow. When Mana looked at the enemies, they had adapted to the oil and started skating. One of them figured it out and shouted, "Haha! Follow me, men! And we will re-", he slipped.

But some were successful and reached towards Mana, but some passed by her and Sparrow because it was uncontrollable.

"Hey, wait, wait!", "I can't stop!", and "Oi! We need to go back!!"

They never came back.

Those who were able to be in front of Mana were able to attack her, but she defended herself as she was standing still. She just pushed them aside, making some fell from the bridge, and punched some of them in the face.

But the numbers were troubling Mana and shouted for help, "Sparrow!!! They're too many!"

Mana was surrounded by the attacks of the enemies and tried to dodge them using her slender body. But after a lot of short swords and other types of sword passed by from his feet, a two-handed long sword slid in front of Sparrow and hit his shoes as he was staring at it and waiting for it to be near for his reach. He grabbed the handle of the long sword with only his right hand and looked at his enemies emotionlessly, but he looked so cool as his eyes sharpened and got serious.

"..."

Back in the town, one of the knights was talking to Doma, "Sir, they are fighting each other. What should we do?"

"We wait."

Then another knight came in a hurry from the order he got before. He informed Doma, "Sir! The two people, moving away from the fight, were impossible to be unidentified, no one knows their names yet. But the woman, fighting the gang, has a bounty of eighteen million Xeyen, from the Grigmor Kingdom... Her name is Trickster!"

"Eighteen million Xeyen?!", Doma was surprised by the amount.

"And the red-haired man, he's yet to be given a bounty and criminal records but has escaped in the Grigmor Kingdom. He's the arsonist who burned a luxurious tavern, where he was working at!"

"..."

Sparrow placed his sword behind his back and the knight continued informing, "His name is Sparrow!"

In a high-speed movement, Sparrow went straight in front of him and was already behind the enemies with his sword in front of him. In a straight vertical line, all of the enemies, within his area of attack, were all killed as they were all slashed.

Was it the oil, his physical abilities, or some kind of mysterious power?

Mana raised her eyebrows up from the attack of Sparrow as she finished beating her enemies. Then she whispered, "Okay.", because she didn't know he could do that.

After that, a man was sliding with a jaw dropped and a shocked face as he passed by Mana. And those men who were lucky, not to be in the area of attack, were in shocked and frozen from what happened.

"What the fuck was that?", another man whispered because he had never seen such speed like that before.

Doma took the opportunity and shouted, "Everyone! Take your positions!", because he saw the two innocent civilians moving away from the criminals and the fight. From that, the Crusaders could attack them without harming Book and Eve.

Doma and his men ran in front of the exit of the bridge and that was the queue for the other group of knights, hiding from the trees. Everyone came out and blocked the entrance and the exit of the bridge, but the knights on the entrance stayed beside the bridge, trapping everyone on it.

While Book was pulling the cart, the knights prepared their guns, aiming at the criminals. Doma ordered, "Not yet!"

He decided when the two civilians would leave the bridge, he would order his men to shoot.

Doma was in a hurry and shouted at Book, "Hurry, kid!"

"I am!"

Mana saw Crusaders at the entrance and at the exit as she looked behind her back.

"Shit!"

Everyone on the bridge was now in trouble. And Mana acted quickly and shouted, "Sparrow!"

She held a disc and aimed it on the top of the bridge diagonally. And a wire shot off from it, hitting on the metal on top of the bridge. She held the wire with both of her hands and the disc retracted all of its wire, pulling Mana towards the end of the wire. But she used it to swing along with the enemies and went near to Sparrow. After that, the end of the wire turned off its magnet and Mana started falling. When she landed on the deck, she crossed her legs and then spread them. Because of the oil, she was skating towards Sparrow, but something was going on with the bottom of her shoes. Because there were sparks coming out behind her shoes and she was leaving a trail of a dark line.

She was cutting the deck with something sharp under her shoes.

When she was near to Sparrow, she crossed her legs again and the sparks stopped.

An aerial top view of the bridge, the area where Mana cut a part of its deck, she made a shape of an oblong.

While Sparrow was looking at the entrance, Mana turned herself towards the exit of the bridge. The moment the cut oblong on the bridge started falling due to the gravity, she hooked his neck using her arm and forced both of them to fall freely inside the hole.

When Book and the cart went behind the Crusaders, Doma ordered, "Shoot!"

His men started shooting at the people on the bridge and the Round House gangs were in trouble, but they started fighting back as they took their guns out from their belt. Everyone was shooting at each other, but the gang was at a disadvantage because they suffered from the attacks of Mana and Sparrow, and were outnumbered by the firepower of the Crusaders. The Crusaders at the exit were aiming and firing in front of them, while at the entrance, they were shooting at the gangs diagonally.

Nobody, from the Crusaders, was shooting each other in a crossfire.

A smart tactic for them, lead by Doma.

During the shootout, a wire shot out from the oblong to the metal on top of the bridge. And under the bridge, Sparrow was hanging from the wire as it was attached at the vest, behind his back when Mana hooked his neck and placed a disc on it. For Mana, she was standing under the bridge. Her shoes were touching to the bridge and she could walk anywhere under the bridge.

While Sparrow was slowly turning around, Mana looked around in surprise that there were beams of metal around and thought, at first, there was nothing below the bridge, and he didn't need to be hanging under the bridge. Nonetheless, it's better to be safe than nothing and she sighed in relief, "Well, that will take care of them, but what should we do against the Crusaders?", she asked Sparrow.

"I guess, we have to fight them..."

"Yeah, Book and Eve are probably safe with the Crusaders, thinking they are innocent civilians. But we have to take them back...", she sighed again because they would have to fight the Crusaders from the entrance of the bridge to get out and the Crusaders from the exit to take Book and Eve.

The shootout between the Crusaders and the Round House gangs continued. In the town, the people were in their houses and buildings, hiding from safety. But Book and Eve were behind the Crusaders and a man came, riding on a big, tall, long-legged bird with a saddle. It was similar to an ostrich. And more attached to the bird was a huge camera, strapped around its chest, under its neck.

The man unmounted and went near to Book with a microphone with a handle. And the camera was facing towards Book and the man.

He spoke lively, "Good afternoon, sir, I would like to use you to talk about the shooting between the Crusader and the Round House gang because you're the one escaped from them... And it's going to be live for the news."

"News?", Book was practically curious about it.

"..."

Back on the bridge, the last man standing shot one more bullet and then was shot multiple times from the front and the back. He fell and laid on the dead bodies of his fellow gang members.

"...", the shooting stopped as silence and the smell of gunpowder, coming from the smokes of the guns, passed by.

Doma started walking on the bridge to check and the knights, behind his back, started following him. The knights at the entrance of the bridge moved in front of it to block anyone who would escape.

Doma and his men walked on the dead bodies, but his men were checking on the pile of dead people to see if someone's alive. When they continued walking, Doma saw something in front of him moving in a pile of dead men.

He approached it and suddenly, the boss of the gang went out from it as he struggled to get out. Now, he was covered in blood and was looking pitiful. He said with his hands up, "I surrender! Forgive me and my sins! Please don't kill me!", and started crying at the end.

Doma looked at the boss casually and replied, "It's good that you surrendered..."

The boss smiled in relief that he was saved, "Thank you, thank you, thank you!"

"..."

But a gun was fired.

"..."

Doma shot the boss, with his smiling face of relief of being alive after doing crimes, in cold blood after pulling a handgun from his holster.

The boss died and rolled away until he stopped.

Doma placed his gun into the holster and shouted, "Let's keep looking! We need to find the bodies of the Trickster and the man named Sparrow! I've seen them fall on the deck!"

All of them answered, "Yes, sir!"

It seemed Doma wanted them to be dead, rather than to be alive and sent to prison.

Under the bridge, where Mana and Sparrow were. She told him, "Ah, it's done. Well, you know what to do, right?"

"Yeah, I'll take the front, get Book and Eve, and get out..."

"Good, I'll make an exit for us to get us out of here."

They've agreed on their plan and began to do it. Mana jumped onto Sparrow, held on his back, and jumped out from under the bridge.

Her appearance triggered one of the knights and shouted, "Sir! I've spotted the Trickster!"

Doma glared at her and whispered, "I know..." He didn't like that she was still alive after the shootout.

When she was in mid-air, she was holding on two discs from both of her hands and started using it to swing across the bridge, towards the entrance. After one swing, she passed the disc to her right hand, placed the two discs in the bag, and grabbed a lot of explosive discs. She then rained it to the group of Crusaders and exploded. Men screamed from the explosion and she started to fight them all. She used combat fighting and throwing explosive discs at them. She tried to give herself distance from a group to avoid being dominated by their numbers.

Thus, her fight began with the Crusaders.

While she's at them, Doma stopped his men from rushing forward to take down the Trickster with his hand raised up. Because he knew who they would fight.

Doma stared at the wire and waited for Sparrow to come out under the bridge.

While waiting, one of his men asked, "Sir, what are we waiting for?"

"We are waiting for him."

Now, his men were informed that they were actually waiting for Sparrow under the bridge.

But the wire snapped from the magnet, locking on the metal. The wire immediately fell down into the bottom of the bridge.

The Crusaders were surprised and said, "Eh?!", except for Doma who was level headed. He had a suspicion about the wire and Sparrow because he knew there were beams of metal under the bridge, but he could have fallen, too, even there were beams. He walked towards the hole to know if Sparrow was alive or not. When he was in front of the hole, he looked at the center, where the wire was. But nothing was not there and when Doma looked right exactly below him, Sparrow jumped out from the hole. He looked shocked because he didn't expect it.

When Sparrow went above Doma, he already slashed his torso vertically, gushing out blood.

His men shouted in shock as they witnessed their superior being hurt, "Knight Lieutenant Doma!!!"

Doma tumbled down on the deck while holding tightly his wound. It was painful and he was in pain as the blood spread and stained his white surcoat and the coat.

The knights rushed to his aid and surrounded him while Sparrow was still in mid-air. Then two knights held each Doma's arm and pulled him to safety, away from hole and Sparrow. Those who had surrounded the place, where Doma was once, prepared their swords. They couldn't use their guns because in front of them were their fellow Crusaders and it would be a crossfire.

The height from where Sparrow jumped, reached to the top of the bridge. He tilted his body and placed his feet on the metal beam. Then he jumped towards the group of Crusaders, but he was aiming towards at one knight with his sword behind his back, prepared to swing it downwards.

The knight noticed it that Sparrow was going for him, so he prepared to defend himself by placing his sword horizontally and the flat of the blade was on his hand. So he could take all of the force, Sparrow would give to him when both swords clashed.

And when the time came, the swords clashed and the sword of Sparrow broke the knight's sword into half, giving him a long cut from his front body.

The knight fell down, bleeding, while the rest were prepared to kill Sparrow that they charged at him with their swords. But Sparrow held the handle of his sword tightly and spun his sword around once.

The knights, who were in front of him, were slashed and all of them fell at once. The knights behind them were in total shock, but they had gotten angry. One of them shouted, "You fucking bastard!"

Sparrow looked at them with nothing, but his eyes were cold and ready to kill them all.

Thus, the battle between Sparrow and the Crusaders started.

Back at the exit of the bridge, Eve was enjoying the fight as she could see Mana and Sparrow beating up the Crusaders. She was cheering them while sitting on the topmost barrel, "Yaaaaay! Go, Sparrow! Go Mana! Kick their ass! Beat them all up!"

For Book, he was talking to newsman after he wanted Book to be part of the news. After that, he was curious about news and the newsman explained it to him. He was about to end his explanation and continued, "So you will be on the television."

"Wait, I have to get inside a television after this?", Book was being curious.

"No, a video will just appear on the screen and you have to be recorded live to be on television.", he tried being patient with him.

"So I have to get inside a video to be recorded and then in the television, so I need to get inside to be inside!", he shouted like he discovered how to be on television and the newsman was showing of a hollow face and whispered, "This guy is stupid"

Book continued, "Then where is the video? Can I fit inside? How far do I have to go there?", and looked everywhere for it.

"NOOO!!!", the newsman had it.

And a strong explosion happened at the entrance of the bridge. That snapped the thoughts of the newsman and said in a hurry, "This is the perfect time to record live news because they're fighting face to face! Stay still and prepare yourself physically and mentally! We will start..."

He stood near Book, "In three...", the bird adjusted itself and got the best angle of them from the camera, "Two...", and the newsman breathed in, and said, "One."

"Good day to all of you watching there, I'm here with Book, the person who escaped before the shootout happened between the Crusaders and the Round House gangs. And right now.", the camera turned at Mana and he continued, "The Crusaders are battling a criminal, whose bounty reached to eighteen million Xeyen, and her nickname is Trickster... Nobody knows her real name yet. All we kno-"

"Her name is Mana, she's the vice-captain of the Eve Kingdom.", Book interrupted him that made the newsman awkward. And the camera turned at them immediately when he spoke.

"Ohhh, oh, ho, okay. It seems Book knows about her. Haha, thank you, Book. The name of the Trickster is Mana. I've heard that she became infamous in the Grigmor Kingdom, the cleanest kingdom of the East, and the place where she got the bounty."

After that, the camera turned to the fight, focusing on Sparrow.

Then the newsman continued, "One more criminal, who is fighting the Crusaders, is named Sparrow. I've heard that he blew up a tavern, owned by a wealthy businessman, and that began his criminal charge of arson. He has no bounty yet because he was immediately caught by the security guards. And of course, what criminals would always do..."

"..."

Far from the island, where the Eve Kingdom was, there was a vast and bountiful land. On that land, there was a huge and tall kingdom with no walls, but on the peak of the kingdom was a wide and tall church. The church was predominantly white, with a lot of pointy towers and a huge dome in the middle and it's the tallest. The dome had another pointy roof on top as part of the design. The kingdom had three layers, standing on top of each other.

The kingdom was yet to be known by the Eve Kingdom, but it looked like an important kingdom of the world, ruled by an important person, and guarded by thousands of guards.

On the lowest layer of the kingdom, there was a small, opened Japanese curry shop, passed by a lot of people. It looked old, but it's a great shop for curry. It had Noren hung above the ceiling, in front of the shop. It had three vertical slits cut from the bottom to nearly the top of the fabric and each of the separated cloth had one of the characters, "カレー", in translation to karē.

Outside of the shop, there was one male customer sitting down on a wooden barstool. His whole back body could be seen except for his head because of the Noren. He was wearing a black cape, covering his whole body and reaching near to the floor.

He was eating some delicious curry and rice with beef and bell peppers. But there were two male voices coming out from a speaker of the television, the newsman and Book's voice. They were live on the television as both of them were doing the news.

The television, owned by the Japanese curry shop, looked old and dull, but it was working, and on top of the television was a bird's nest and there was a bird sleeping in it. On the television, Book was staring at him while the newsman was talking to the camera. He continued, "Is to escape from prison and do crimes again. I have a clip when I was in the Grigmor Kingdom. I interviewed a soldier of Grigmor, who was one of the two, who held the chains of Sparrow."

The clip played on the television about the man who first held the chains of Sparrow. He looked like he forced himself to be calm and answered, "Ah, yes... Sparrow... Uh, I... Before I sent him to prison, yes... I received a call that the Trickster was spotted and so, I went there for help. To do that, I-I asked a fellow soldier, uncalled, to bring Sparrow to his prison and he did, and I proceeded to the location of the Trickster. Thank you."

"No, no, we're not yet done.", the newsman then asked, "Where was his prison and how did he escape?"

"I can't tell you the location of the prison, it's kept confidential...", he then became confident, "But I am one hundred percent sure that he was in prison, locked up properly by the soldier I asked to. His escape was obvious, he took the advantage of the commotion made by the Trickster that sent all of us out. And the way he escaped is kept to be secret to avoid criminals, watching this, from learning and we will improve our prisons to be inescapable."

"Thank you for your time, soldier. Keep up the good work and thank you for keeping our world safe.", the newsman gave thanks and the soldier kept bowing his head and whispered, "Thank you, thank you, thank you..."

Back on Book and the newsman, the newsman felt uncomfortable that Book was staring at him. He told him, "Sir, you can stop staring at me now. You're making me feel uncomfortable."

"But you suddenly stopped moving and saying things."

"A clip was being played and what are we supposed to do during that?!", he was annoyed and tried to let him understand.

Then the bird spoke, "Raaaaaaaa!"

The newsman noticed, "Was that live?"

"Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!"

"Oh shit... That's it I'm done!", he realized that the unnecessary actions were broadcasted and he felt embarrassed as a professional newsman. And then he continued to end this, with his face of unenthusiastic, "As thanks, do you have any shoutouts to the people, friends or families, in front of the camera?"

"Hmmmmmm..."

"..."

Back to the Japanese curry shop and on the television, Book answered, "I know who!", with excitement.

He ran to the camera and while running, at the Japanese curry shop, the person was blowing the hot scooped curry on his spoon, lowering his head, and as soon as he ate it, he looked up at the television.

He had black, fluffy hair.

"Wait, I know him!", he spoke surely in a young man's voice, with a combination of maturity and nonchalantly.

Who was this young man that he was sure of that he knew who Book was? The past of Book was uncovering, but every man's past was a long journey.

Back to Book, he approached the camera's lens and placed his mouth in front of it because he took it too literally when the newsman told him to give a shoutout in front of the camera.

Book started his shoutout to the people he knew, but on the television, all the viewers could only see his teeth, tongue, palate, and his uvula. Nobody could hear him say anything while he was opening his mouth, talking to the camera, and his uvula was swinging around.

The newsman spoke emotionless on the microphone, "Sir... You need a microphone to let them hear what you say..."

The people watching the television heard the newsman, but they were watching the insides of Book's mouth. All of them were confused.

And then one old lady, with a wrinkly face and wearing a pair of glasses, was sitting on a comfortable couch, covered by a warm blanket, inside her dim, relaxing room. She was watching her television and saw what's on it. She had seen Book's saliva jumped out from his mouth and hit the lens of the camera. She saw it slowly dripping down and the jiggly moving of his tongue and uvula.

She spoke with her first use of the word, "This is disgusting!", through her genuine disgusted voice.

0