Volume 2 Chapter 20: Knight Lieutenant Doma vs Vice-captain Sparrow
19 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

During the afternoon of the day, on the island where there was a town that was separated by the whole mainland but connected by a long bridge, made of metal, there was a clash between two different names: the Eve Kingdom and the Crusader.

The Crusaders were mostly of the ranking Knights, but there was one higher ranking. His ranking and name were Knight Lieutenant Doma. His men were grouped into two on two different sides of the bridge, one group at the entrance and another group at the exit, where Doma and his men were.

The Crusaders at the entrance were fighting up against the criminal, with the bounty of eighteen million Xeyen, Trickster. And her name was Mana, the vice-captain of the Eve Kingdom.

She was fighting them with her explosive discs, combat skills, and her tricks. The Crusaders were having a hard time reaching their swords and fists at her because of how agile and fast she was. She dodged all of their attacks and she was not harmed yet.

"..."

On the bridge, Doma's men were currently fighting against another vice-captain of the Eve Kingdom. His name was Sparrow. He was attacking them with his long sword and they were having a hard time trying to lay an attack on him. He excelled with this type of sword that he was swinging it so easy, quick, and powerful that he could break swords in half.

For the leader of the group, Doma was injured by a vertical slash on his torso by Sparrow. It was a deep wound as the blood kept flowing out, and he's in pain. His men were able to take him away from Sparrow while giving him time to recover or escape. He was carried away from the battle.

"..."

Outside the bridge and at the town, Eve was sitting down on top of the barrel. She could see all of her crew members, fighting the Crusaders. She was smiling happily and cheering them to beat them all.

"Go, Sparrow! Go Mana!! Kick their ass!!!"

While for Book, he was talking in front of a camera, attached to a bird.

The main and exciting event between the two battles was the fight of Sparrow because, on his side of the bridge, Doma was there.

While Sparrow was swinging, slashing, and killing the Crusaders with his sword, there were knights around Doma to protect him and he already recovered from the pain. He stood up and one of his men told him with shock, "Sir, he's on his way coming here! Nobody has cut him up yet!"

Doma glared at the backs of his men, trying to fight Sparrow, and tried to find him. He was hearing the shrieks and screams of his hurt and dying men. There, for a couple of seconds, one of his men died and fell on the deck, and Doma saw the emotionless face with cold-blooded eyes of Sparrow. Then a knight took the place of the dead man and covered the face of Sparrow.

He's coming near towards them and Sparrow had to defeat them all to take Book and Eve and leave the island.

Doma shouted as he took his sword out from the scabbard and his handgun from the holster, "Prepare, men! Protect the town and its people from these bastards!", and motivated them.

"AAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!", his men cried.

His men held the handles of their swords tightly and physically prepared themselves for Sparrow. When their numbers were decreasing gradually, that's the time the men, who were around Doma, charged at Sparrow, leaving him alone by himself. Doma, stayed, looked at Sparrow, and learned his moves and tactics. When his last men faced Sparrow, they were instantly killed by one clean swipe of his sword, horizontally.

This man relies on the length of his arm and the sword!

Doma understood how Sparrow was dominating his men because his arm length and the length of the sword that the distance of the tip of the blade could reach at his men far and kill them, while the Crusaders' swords were all shortswords because it was easier to carry with the help of scabbards beside their hips and close-combat and close quarters required minimal space and if they used longswords, they might hit their fellow knights.

"..."

Then Doma pointed his gun at Sparrow and shot him. Sparrow was distracted by the enemies in front of him that the moment they started to fall down, Doma shot because it was an advantage for him. Sparrow was shot on his left chest, below the collar bone, and blood spread around his white shirt. He stayed in his place and didn't flinch from the pain, but he raised his head towards Doma and showed his cold eyes.

"...", silence passed by between them and the dark clouds above them started to clump, leaving a rain upon them. The silence was occupied by the sounds of the rain, hitting the bridge and other things. The rain washed the blood and oil on the bridge as those three substances flowed down from the sides of the bridge and from the hole, Mana made.

They were wet and the fight continued.

Doma told him, "You know, a bullet is enough to kill a man... But I think eight bullets are enough to kill you..."

"...Really?...", he doubted his words.

Sparrow stood up straight and started walking casually towards Doma, mocking him to attack. Doma shot two bullets and Sparrow slapped those bullets, left and right, by the flat side of the sword. And those bullets went straight to his left and right.

"Tsk.", Doma whispered and ran towards him, preparing his sword and gun.

In midway, Doma shot one bullet out and after three seconds, he shot another bullet at Sparrow. But Sparrow was still walking with calm and when the first bullet was reaching fast towards him, and in perfect timing, he pushed his sword, and the very tip of the sword touched the ball bullet. Both the tip and the bullet bent together, and the bullet fell disfigured. Then the second bullet came in his area of reaching it, so he balanced the sword as the tip of the sword stayed stagnant. Sparrow let the bullet touched the flat of the sword, and he moved his hand diagonally to his left, making the sword positioned in a slanting manner.

The bullet drove along the flat side of the sword.

And then he quickly pulled his hand to avoid the bullet to continue moving towards his fingers. Thus, he manipulated the bullet and redirect its direction.

When Doma was close to Sparrow, he swang his swords toward the right arm from above, but Sparrow continued his action from pulling his hand and blocked the attack of Doma by the flat side of the sword.

Sparrow whispered, close to his face, "Four more bullets..."

There, Doma realized something very important about Sparrow walking calmly and blocking all the four bullets as he opened his eyes wide. Then Sparrow pushed Doma away using his sword. After that, Sparrow tensed his muscles on his legs and Doma was in disarray from his thoughts and they were affecting his movement.

When Doma was moving because of the push, his feet lost balance and started swaying his body, and he was about to fall down. While so, he was staring at the face of Sparrow and then he blinked.

Within the time, it slowed down. When he saw everything was dark, inside his mind thought, It's impossible for me to defeat this kid... He blocked all four bullets while walking unconcernedly... He knew that I couldn't kill him, but he can kill me... Effortlessly... Heh... So he's right... Eight bullets might have not been enough... Maybe bullets cannot kill him... Because he's very accurate, very strong... And most of all...

When he opened his eyes, the long sword impaled to his chest. And Sparrow was far behind him, leaving the sword stuck on Doma's chest.

He's very fast...

Thus, Doma fell on his knees and continued to fall, but the sword stopped him from falling completely. He's now dead while slowly moving down to the tip of the sword, facing the droplets of water above him as blood and water flowed down together.

The one-sided fight was finished and Sparrow won against a Knight Lieutenant. Right now, Sparrow was as mysterious as Book. With his skills, using a long sword, were excellent, incredibly fast, and powerful. And he's just a mixologist.

Sparrow walked towards the end of the bridge to tell Book about leaving. Eve saw him and congratulated, "Nice one, Sparrow! You won! You won the fight!"

While Book was talking to the camera and the newsman was pulling him away from it, shouting, "Sir, it's already raining and the camera is off!"

Then Book heard the name, "Sparrow?", looked, "Ay, Sparrow!", and saw his wound, "Sparrow!!!"

He ran towards him with worry and said concernedly, "There are bloodstains on your shirt! Are you okay?! Let's go back to the ship and get that treated by Mana!"

Sparrow didn't need to tell him that they needed to leave right now. Book pulled the cart with all he could while Sparrow was sitting on the cart.

"RAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!", Book focused on getting back to the ship and rushed because Sparrow was bleeding, and the cart was getting bumpy. Eve was enjoying the ups and downs of the cart, "Yaaaay!"

When Book was nearing towards the other side of the bridge, Mana was holding on the collar of the knight's surcoat. And he was all beaten up. She then looked at the bridge and saw everyone, "Ah, it's time to leave."

After that, she shouted, "I'll go ahead, guys!"

"Okay!", Book and Eve answered with a shout.

Mana ran into the woods and proceeded to the ship first. And Book followed into the woods. When Book was running off with a cart, a trail of birds flying away was them disturbing the animals. When the birds stopped flying away, that's when they were at their destination. After that, all of them were on deck, the platform went back inside the ship, and Mana was holding the handles of the helm.

"Are we complete?!", she asked as she looked at them.

"Yeah!", Eve shouted, Book gave her a thumbs-up, and Sparrow was moving the barrels to his place.

"Okay! Let's go!!", she looked in front, smiled, and pulled the wheel, and the ship floated upwards. When the ship reached above the clouds, the sails were pushed by the winds and moved forward.

Everyone was wet from the rain and they had what they needed and now, they were leaving the island. Thus, they continued their journey towards their dreams.

0