Volume 2 Chapter 21: A Good Ship in a Bad, Worse, and Worst Cloud
20 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the Kingdom of Eve, the ship was flying inside the massive thick cloud of the sky. The weather was good and fine, and everyone, except for Sparrow, was on the deck. The ship headed straight forward to the unknown because no one could see anything around them except for the clouds, passing by them, but eventually, the ship would exit out from the other side of the cloud, but it would need a lot of time.

Book and Eve were running around the decks of the ship, playing with the cloud. They were chasing it, tried to grab it and capture it, but they didn't as all of them just passed through them. Still, they were having fun. They were laughing happily and enjoying the presence of the clouds around them. For Mana, she was working on something on her table. She was sitting down, slowly getting irritated from the clouds, but she had patience in her. While she was looking at the wire, she's currently working on, a long piece of cloud passed between her face and the wire, blocking the wire from her sight. She tried to fan the cloud away and it was gone. She worked with the wire again, but then another long piece of cloud went inside the wire, she's holding on to, blocking it again. She was slightly mad about the clouds that she moved her hands up and down in a fast manner to get rid of the cloud.

She waited a little bit to see if a cloud would disturb her, but seconds had passed by and it was the longest time she had that not a cloud had disturbed her, so she sighed in relief, "Phew... Okay, time to-"

When she focused at the wire and began to work on it, another long piece of cloud consumed her head and she froze, building up her anger.

"AAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!", she shouted as she slammed her fists on the table angrily and raged at the cloud, "I really want to finish this work, I have, but you are disturbing everything!! I'm so close to finishing this wire so that I can use it to try in a battle to see if it works or not! Could you stop disturbing me? FOR FIVE MINUTES!!!"

Eve heard Mana in distress and stopped playing, leaving Book to play alone, without him knowing. She looked at her and observed her tantrum. From that, she understood the situation and the problem. She went near and comforted her, "Mana, why not take a break for a while. Use the time we're in right now and when we get out of here, you can work again. That way, nothing will disturb you and the energy, you rested, will make you work longer."

Mana's stress was carried by the passing clouds when she saw Eve and heard her words. She was helped and smiled at her, "Awww... Thank you, Eve."

She placed the wire on the table, went near Eve, hugged her, and carried her.

"You're such a smart, kindhearted, caring girl."

Eve giggled in response that she couldn't say a word for it because she was being praised. Then while hugging, they looked at each other's face and Mana rubbed her chin with her finger and continued, "Who's the smart girl? Who's the kindhearted girl? Who's the caring girl?"

"Ahihihihi... Hehehe...", she continued giggling.

"Who's the best girl?"

She replied slowly, "Ehe, I am..."

"That's right. You're correct.", and both of them smiled at each other. Then Book shouted, "Eve! I've caught the clouds! Come check it out!"

Eve immediately looked at the main cabin, where she heard Book. That made Mana placed Eve down and said, "I'll take a break now, Eve. Thanks for your words. Go and continue playing with Book."

"Okay!"

Eve ran as fast as she could, and when she entered the main cabin, she saw a huge cloud, filling up the whole cabin. Book shouted, "Eve, close the door!"

There she realized that the clouds, from the outside, went inside the cabin when the door was opened. She was seeing the clouds getting inside and shouted, "Woaaaah!!!!", then she closed the door.

"Where are you, Book?!"

"I'm inside!!"

"Ahahahaha! Let's play tag!"

"Since you're the last, you're it!"

"Ahahaha, get ready, boy! I will hunt you!", she ran and jumped inside the cloud. Both of them were playing tag inside the cloud and inside the main cabin. It was so much fun that they would never want to leave the cloud. Mana looked at the main cabin with a smile while hearing the laughter of Book and Eve. Their enjoyment was her happiness and she proceeded to walk towards the taffrails to relax and enjoy the moment with the clouds. When she laid her arms on the taffrails, she took a deep breath and exhaled a lot, "I should have done this in the beginning when we entered the cloud."

After that moment of her relaxation, Sparrow came out from one of the two doors, beside the door of the main cabin.

He was finally out from his cave and that was the moment, the ship passed by the gray clouds inside the cloud, and a flash of lightning came out and the loud thunder was heard.

Mana's smile froze when the weather changed bad, knowing that her relaxation was ruined. So she just accepted the fact that this day didn't like to make her feel good.

The place started getting dark and dangerous. The winds were getting stronger, flashes of lightning could be seen, and the loud thunders followed.

Mana was having a bad mood and sighed deeply, "What a day... Well, it's going to rain sooner or later."

Mana had nothing to worry about such bad weather in relating to the ship because the ship could take it all easily. She didn't panic and tried to control the ship as it was moving still in a straight path. She didn't want to turn or move around because it would confuse their direction and get lost in the cloud.

Mana moved away from the taffrails and told herself, "I might sleep on this one. I'm kind of tired... The weather may look like its night time so I can sleep with this."

She walked towards her work table, placed everything in the bag, continued to the stairs and saw Sparrow. She greeted, "Hey, Sparrow. Better stay inside, it's going to rain soon.", and she also informed him.

"Ahhh... Okay...", he closed the door and he had not stepped a foot outside when he opened it.

Mana went to the captain's bedroom, her bedroom, and slept. She covered the window by the curtains and the room was dim because she turned the lights on the nitches.

After hours had passed, it was already raining as the rain was hitting the wooden decks, roofs, and glass windows of the ship, making everything wet. And everyone was silent because most of them were sleeping. Mana was still sleeping as she was tucked in the warm blanket, Book and Eve were exhausted, and sleeping together on the floor and hugging each other, inside the cloud, and Sparrow was inside his place doing his own stuff.

But when the rain had stopped immediately, the ship had arrived inside an empty core of the cloud, but there was another ship, with all its sails full, in the center of the core.

A huge ghostly ship, bigger than the Eve Kingdom, with a lot of masts and spars, broken and unbroken, and white tall rotting sails that were leaving small pieces of it, like leaves in the fall season, but it seemed infinite. The ship was wrecked, old, and decaying. And it was surrounded by an eerie red glow around the ship. But the only flag of the ship, at the tallest mast, came of a white and red symbol of a jolly roger. It had a skull, having a pair of horns, and one cutlass on the left and a redbone on the right, forming a letter X under its chin. But half of its jaw was removed on the left, revealing a red heart inside, and the other jaw was dripping with red blood.

"Boo... Ooo... Haa... Haa... Haa... Haaaa...."

A man started to laugh slowly and creepily, coming from the ship that could chill anyone's spine. The laugh echoed through the Kingdom of Eve, and its laugh faintly went through their ears, but everyone ignored it as most of them were in deep sleep and one didn't care to.

The problem, here, was not the ghost ship, but the Eve Kingdom was heading straight towards it.

The soon worst experience, Book would ever have in his entire life, should occur. Or would it only be him? 

0