Volume 2 Chapter 23: Holy shit! Where is everyone?!
16 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The ghost pirate ship, that was glowing with ominous red, in the center of the core of an enormous cloud, was called the "Flying Dutchman" as stated by Mana. 

She might have known the story and the legend of the Flying Dutchman, but that would yet be unveiled by her. 

On the decks and rooms of the Eve Kingdom, there weren't any visible souls around. All of the crew of the Eve Kingdom had entered the Flying Dutchman. The first one was Book, who mysteriously disappeared while sleeping together with Eve. The second person to enter was Eve. She was told by a ghost that Book was inside the Flying Dutchman and she needed to get inside to find him. She was having her own journey in the scary ship. The third one was Mana and Sparrow after they dealt with the two children, she noticed that Eve was not in her place since the last time Sparrow saw her. So he told her that they were inside the Flying Dutchman as it was the only logical reason as she was missing. Thus, they entered the pirate ship, but the children wanted to play tag with them and so it began.

When Mana and Sparrow were inside the ship, they stayed still in the dark hallway. It was impossible to see and that made her frustrated, "Ah, fuck! We don't have any lights!"

She just realized that they didn't bring any source of light as she panicked that Eve was missing. Now, they had to deal with the darkness.

Mana touched the wall and asked, "Sparrow, could you hold my hand and touch the other side? Let's see what's at the other side because this side is obviously a wall."

"Okay...", he answered and did what she told.

He held her hand and stretched both of their arms while the other hand of Sparrow felt nothing on the other side. He said, "Wait, let me go furthermore... Maybe there is something."

"Try feeling anything as much as you want, if it's a wall, then we are in a hallway."

Sparrow tried to reach more as he still felt nothing on his fingertips. When he stretched too far, both of their hands separated shortly, but Mana was quick enough to hold on his hand back, "Woah, be careful. We don't want to be separated on this huge ship. If those children came from this ship, then there are more of them inside here."

"Ah, it's a wall..."

"That's great! Follow me and hold my hand tightly. Hallways are mostly in a straight path, so it's easy to go somewhere.", Mana started walking in a straight path as she was holding his hand and continued, "Let's prioritize to find any source of light first then we will find Eve... Oh yeah, and Book too. But I hope we could find them without any lights..." 

Her voice was slowly fainting as she went further away.

Also, Sparrow was walking with her.

"..."

After some minutes, Sparrow stopped moving and asked, "Mana?... Is there something wrong?...", as he was standing still with the same sensation of his hand being held by Mana's hand.

"..."

"Mana, are you there?..."

She didn't answer the two questions as everything was very silent and it was impossible for Mana to ignore questions as she would've replied immediately.

"..."

He felt he was left alone and that would mean Mana was alone. But if Sparrow was holding onto Mana's hand and Mana held onto Sparrow's hand, and both of them were alone. Whose hands were they actually holding?

"..."

Back to Eve, she was flying at a fast speed along the hallways or any paths in the upper floor before she was with the monster. She turned and turned in so many directions, and she's enjoying it, "Ahahaha! Nice! Go faster! Faster! Wooooooosh! Woosh!! Woooosh!!!"

After flying around the place, for the purpose to stay away from the monsters, a wooden door opened, she went inside, and the door closed lastly. It was a dusty, wrecked, old room, but the bed was surprisingly clean. She floated above the bed. Then slowly she was placed on it to sit down and the stick, she was holding onto, flew in front of her. It landed in a wood-burning fireplace and a fire was made. The room was lit up, but it was still dim. As she was sitting on the bed, she looked at the door and asked, "Where are you going?"

"..."

"Okay, I'll wait."

The door opened and then closed by itself. Eve was left alone and she jumped off from the bed. She walked towards the fireplace and sat down on the floor. She grabbed a long piece of wood around her and started burning the tip from the fire.

While she was burning the wood, she whispered, "I like doing this..."

"..."

Outside the very cloud, where the Flying Dutchman resided, the water of the sea looked like it was getting windy as it started to get rough because the clouds started turning gray. Underneath the blue sea, was the belt of Mana with two bags. They were slowly going down to the dark waters, surrounded by curious fishes. But then they felt stiff and stopped submerging. The fishes swam away from the slight disturbance. 

Those three items started moving upwards to the surface of the water. When it emerged out from it, it started levitating towards the cloud of the Flying Dutchman.

"..."

As Eve was safe from being inside the room and away from the monsters, Mana and Sparrow were in danger from them and they're both alone. And what's worse was that a lot of monsters were awoken. Now, they were roaming the place. 

When Mana was walking forward in a hallway with her hand holding someone's hand that felt like Sparrow's hand, she kept hearing a lot of weak screeches from afar, but some were near. She had gotten nervous and curious, "What are those sounds? They're making my heart beat faster."

As she was walking, there was a pale and weak light that was floating in the center of the hallway. It was coming towards her from far away. She had seen it as it was visible enough but was not sure of what it was. She squinted her eyes and tried to figure it. 

It could be someone holding on a kind of thing that would bring light. 

"What is that?", she asked herself.

As soon as the light was nearing, the glow was getting stronger, revealing around the light. But the light was swaying and dancing.

She figured what is was and answered uncertainly, "A torch?", then what she was seeing was a floating torch. She couldn't see anyone holding it. So she continued, "It must be those damn kids. Hurry, Sparrow. Let's go to the other side."

Mana held the hand tighter and walked with speed to the other side. 

"..."

Back to Sparrow, he was still standing in the position when he had stopped. He suddenly felt strange and unusual about Mana. He questioned again, "So... Are we going to stay here for a while?"

"..."

"Hmmmm....", he looked around slowly to see if there's something visible he could spot. But as he was turning around, Mana's hand followed. She turning around with him with no effort.

"Huh... Nothing...", Sparrow decided to stay still as he thought Mana was supposed to be doing the leading because she said so. 

After a couple of minutes, Sparrow heard footsteps of someone running towards him. The sounds of them were getting louder as the footsteps came closer to him. But Sparrow didn't care about it and continued facing the wall. 

"..."

From Mana, she started running as the light was moving faster. She said in panic, "Ah, crap! Run faster, Sparrow!"

This was the time, Mana passed by Sparrow and she continued, "We need to hide somewhere!"

He heard it and the voice faintly disappeared. He looked where Mana left off and repeated, "Hide?"

He didn't see her because it was dark and continued, "Where will we hide?"

Then the floating torch passed by him and suddenly decelerated and stopped. The torch went in front of Sparrow. 

The torch was actually two pieces of sticks that were put together. 

Sparrow wondered and looked at it. After that, one of the torches floated near him and moved up and down like it was an offering it to him. 

Sparrow took it with his free hand and replied with appreciation, "A torch... Thank you so much..."

The other torch bowed down slightly like it was saying, "You're welcome."

Then the torch continued to chase Mana at high speed because she had gotten farther away. 

Now, Sparrow held on a torch that was giving him a light to see around him. He was happy and told Mana, beside him, "Hey, Mana, someone just gave me a torch."

He moved the light at Mana to see her and continued, "Now, we got what we need... And... Can find Book and Eve..."

During those pauses, he was wondering why there was a cut arm of a female lady as it was similar to Mana's. Both of the female's hand and Sparrow's hand were holding together. He didn't know what to do in a situation like this, but it was obviously not Mana's actual arm and hand as it was alive. He wasn't scared or shocked about it so, he released his fingers, trying to see if it would fall off, but it didn't. The hand was holding on his hand gently that he wouldn't get hurt and tightly that it wouldn't let go.

"Can you let go of my hand?", he asked politely. 

"..."

The hand didn't try to open its fingers, but its thumb just gently rubbed his hand.

"Alright, you can come with me... Let's find Book, Eve, and Mana together..."

Sparrow closed his fingers and started walking together with the hand. He walked forward with light around them as the fire was glowing and swaying. Both of them were being friendly to each other, but it seemed a new fire was lit up as they became friends.

"..."

As for Mana, she was running for quite a time from the flying light that was coming for her. She thought it was those children she dealt with back in the Eve Kingdom with Sparrow. So she was running for her life because she had no weapons or anything to fight them back.

She was going in a straight line and inevitable she bumped on the end of the hallway so hard that she fell. She panicked and said, "Eh?! Is this the end of the hallway?! Then there must be an intersection!"

She stood up fast and ran to her left, but she bumped her face to a wall, "Aw, aw, aw, aww..", as she held her forehead and turned around, "The other side..."

She continued running and now, she's in a place filled with opened and closed doors of rooms from her left and right side. She didn't care anymore of where she was already as long as she could get away from the floating torch and she's running in the center of the hallway.

As she was doing that, she looked behind her back and saw the floating torch. She freaked out from the distance between them that she widened her eyes because it was almost near to her face and shouted, "EEEEEYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!! Goddammit, run the fastest, Sparrow!! Run like your life is on the line!"

With the huge speed that she achieved from running because of, partly, fear of being chased and mostly wanting to get away, she gained a lot of distance from the torch. So the torch had to move faster than her to get to her. The torch flew so fast that the fire was small and the tail of the fire was already thin. 

While she was running, a lot of loud footsteps and heavy breathing were made. She looked back again and felt relief from the distance, yet tired, "Haha... We did, let's keep on running at this pace. We will lose them..."

Then her body started tilting and falling as the hand, she's holding onto, pulled her with great force.

"Eh?", she wondered with no idea.

She hit a door and forced it to open. She fell on the floor and immediately she realized where she was. She was happy and said, "Nice one, Sparrow! This must be a room! We can hide here!... Shit!"

She stood up quickly and grabbed the door, and closed it. 

"Where's the lock? Where is it? The lock!", she panicked as she was feeling the door if there were locks with both of her hands.

She found it and locked the door. She was breathing heavily and now it was slowing down as she felt safe in the room, hiding away from the torch. After calming down, she told, "You were really quick, Sparrow. I'll remember that... Now we locked ourselves in a room, we're safe... Let's see if there's something we can make as light here."

Outside the room, the torch flew in high speed and passed by the room, where Mana was. But then it stopped and the torch slowly turned around like it realized where she hid and looked at the door.

While Mana was facing the door and trying to relax, a fire was lit up behind her and she saw her shadow on the door. She was shocked that she opened her eyes wide and began freaking out.

She slowly turned her head around to see what it was, but then she held her left and right face with both of her hands and forcefully moved her face in front of the door. She whispered as she started breathing heavily, "No, no, no, don't look behind. All shit go to hell if I looked behind me... Okay... Ok, Calm down..." 

When she started breathing relaxed, her mind processed properly and she continued, "It's just the kids... I've seen their faces many times that they're not scary anymore. Alright, I'll look at them and threaten them... It's time for the living to scare the dead!"

She turned around quickly and looked angrily. She pointed her finger at the light and shouted, "Listen here little fuckers! I've had it with your shitty games and I'm not interested! You're supposed to go to hell, but if you couldn't enter it, then I'll make another one for you!"

She focused her eyes at the fire of the torch and after she finished her words, her focus lost and she saw everything including her hand with a male hand that was cut. She was shocked and panicked, "WHAT THE FUCK!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!", and flicked her hand multiple times, "FUCK, FUCK, FUCK! GET OFF! GET OFF!! GET OFF!!!"

As it was still holding her hand, she used her other hand to pull it out, but it wouldn't bulge out, so she placed her hand down and hooked her shoe on the hand. She stepped on it and pulled her arm. 

"Stop holding my hand! It's disgusting!!"

The hand felt agitated and hurt that its grip suddenly got strong that Mana was hurt by it.

"Shit! It's tightening!", she yelled and continued, now with anger, "I fucking hate ghosts, bastards who don't go to the afterlife!"

She began slamming the hand at the walls and anything that she could smash.

While she was doing that, the fire of the torch slowly got weaker like it felt awkward, but then immediately the fire went back to its normal state. After that, torch fell down on the floor, making a thud sound, but it sounded there were more that fell on the floor.

Mana disturbed by a sound that she didn't make and looked at it. She saw the torch and it was rolling. The torch stopped moving as its light lit an area where she saw her belt with bags.

She was surprised, yet happy, "My bags?!", and she looked and realized the torch with fire, "A light!"

She smiled sinisterly as she had an idea of how to get rid of the hand.

"..."

In the ship, somewhere there were stoves, fridges, knives, and more utensils for cooking, the real Book was standing still in the middle of the kitchen with his eyes shut. He was sleeping as he was standing up, and it sounded a good sleep as he felt it was very comfortable like he's on the bed, covered by a warm blanket.

On the table, where there was a rusty, empty stove, it started moving towards the edge and fell down. It made a lot of loud and noisy sounds, and it even moved in a circular from the rim and made fast drumming sounds.

That woke Book up as he slowly opened his eyes. 

"Huh? What was...", he yawned and stretched. Then he realized, "Huh, it's pretty in dark here."

He walked forward and hit his stomach by the edge of the table, "Ah! I don't remember a table here... Maybe it repositioned as I played with Eve... Ehehe, that was fun."

He moved away and continued moving. He went towards the door as the bottom part of it was showing a dim light, coming from the outside. When he was about to open the door, he opened and closed his mouth multiple times, in a fast manner, to wet the dry areas in his mouth. After he opened the door, he saw everything in front of him, a lot of monsters with ugly, horrific figures and ghosts of disfigured, scary men, women, and children were in front of him. And all of them looked at Book at the same time as he opened the door and continued to walk forward to them.

Then with his slow brain, he figured everything as he started to open and close his mouth slowly until it stopped completely. He looked tiredly and casually because he didn't want to freak out yet. After that, he walked backward and the monsters and ghost screamed together. Book panicked so bad that he began to run back to the kitchen and cry with so many tears, filled with fear.

"AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!! HEEELP MEEEE!!! THERE ARE GHOSTS AND EVIL CREATURES!!!"

The scream of Book was so loud that it echoed around the ship. 

"..."

Back to Eve, outside the room, there was a strong light coming out from the edges of the door because inside the room was her sitting on the bed with a stick that she was trying to burn and in front of her was a huge fire.

Half of the room was burning.

She was smiling, with a satisfied face, at the fire, she made, from giving so many fuels to it and whispered, "I like doing this..."

When the piece of wood, she's holding, was partially burned and turned to charcoal, she threw the wood into the fire and picked another piece of wood to burn its tip again.

The fire was spreading as the room was made of wood and before the room wasn't burning, she filled the fireplace with so much wood that the capacity of it overflowed, making the burning wood flooded the floor and started blazing the place. Then she heard creaking of the floor outside the room. She looked at the door and smiled happily, "Are you back?!"

Outside the room was a quiet monster walking along the hallway, hungry for flesh.

Eve ran towards the door to open it.

"..."

After the silence came, the loud screams of Book followed. The monster was triggered by the noise that it screeched and ran to where the shout was. Then Eve opened the door and looked around the hallway. No one was there and she felt bummed out, "Aww..."

She closed the door and looked sad, "I thought she's back... Oh well.", her mood changed immediately.

She threw the stick, she previously burned, into the fire and grabbed another stick. She burned the tip of it as the bed was already burning and seventy-five percent of the room was on fire.

"..."

Back to Sparrow, he was walking around the ship for a long time now but didn't mind at all. He heard a lot of screams and ignored them. As he was walking with his hand holding a female's hand, he was passing by a lot of opened doors of rooms that one time, he passed by one of them, the light he was holding onto, revealed a ghost of a man standing inside the room. He had a cold, scary face, but Sparrow didn't see him, but if he did, he would walk away casually. 

His continuation, he saw a white lady with a white dress. She walked from left to right in a hallway and that made Sparrow said, "Hey, wait up! May I ask you something!"

He walked towards where he had seen her and when he arrived, he saw her standing still, staring at the end of the hallway. He walked towards her and asked, "Excuse me..."

The white lady was grunting and she didn't turn her body around, but slowly turned her head around with sounds of broken bones. She had a sad and scary face. Then Sparrow began to question, "Have you seen a little girl with white hair and a white dress, a young man wearing a white sleeveless shirt with a frying pan, and a woman wearing black tight clothing? I'm looking for them in this huge ship."

While Sparrow was telling her, she slowly opened her mouth until it continued even it's supposed to be the limit for a living human. She opened it like the face of Sparrow could be bitten in one bite. After he finished, Sparrow was pulled by the hand, he was holding, and the white lady bit strongly that the sound of a snap was made.

The bite missed his face and he wondered what was going on, "Eh? What happened?..."

The white lady looked at him but suddenly looked beside at Sparrow at a level where a head would be located. The white lady seemed to be communicating with someone invisible, but her mouth was closed. Then she pointed at the direction and Sparrow ended, "Thank you..."

He walked towards where she directed and the white lady spoke in a dead, cold whisper, "You are welcome..."

Her body started to slowly fade away and disappeared into nothingness. She went to the afterlife as she just needed someone to say, "Thank you.", to her.

"..."

Back to Mana, she placed a disc on the hand and another on her own hand. 

"Hehe, let's see if you can still hold on..."

Both discs shot off their wires, one from the top and one to the bottom. As the pressure of its pull was strong, the hand let go of Mana's hand. 

The fingers started moving randomly like it wanted to get away. Mana smiled and placed the fire under it, burning the hand. The hand kept squirming and it was like a spider was in pain.

"This is what you get for what you did... You separated me from Sparrow and didn't try to let go."

From the struggles of the hand, it quickly disappeared into thin air and Mana was happy that it was gone, "Hehe, that's right. Disappear."

"Now, I have my bags and a torch. I can look for Eve... And them, of course."

Then a dark, tall figure appeared behind her and took the form of a human-like. It had a muscular figure that was releasing cold temperatures and darkness around the room. The fire of the torch started getting weak and Mana started sweating profusely as she felt him behind.

"Aaaauuuhhhh...", it groaned.

"..."

Somewhere in the ship, Book was running around scared from the countless monsters and ghosts. Some ghost teleported in front of Book, but he chose to run straight no matter what as he was crying with so many tears and screaming everything out from his lungs.

"HEEEELPPPP MEEEE!!! ANYYYBOODYYYY!!!"

After running, he stumbled upon a door with bars on top of it. He bumped into it and panicked so bad that he pushed and slammed the door with his fists even there was a doorknob.

"OPEEEEEN THE DOOOOR!!! I WANT TOOOO LIIIVEEE!!!"

He held the bars, placed his feet on the door, and started shaking the door quickly as he could to open it forcibly.

"PLEASEEEEE OPEEENN ITTTT!! WAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!"

"..."

Back to Mana, she slowly looked behind her with her scared face and wide eyes, and shouted, "HOLY SHIT!!!"

"..."

For Book, he destroyed the door as he shook it too hard and fast, and started running away.

"WHERE IS EVERYONE?!", he shouted and felt he was alone in the ship.

"..."

On the forecastle deck of the Flying Dutchman, the decks of the ship were empty, but a lot of things were moving around as winds, in different directions, were passing by. The place felt so evil and traumatizing as there were so many slashed areas on the wood like there was a war or battle. 

And then the door of the captain's cabin opened forcefully and it felt a hundred of thousands of souls came out as whispers of dead men filled the place.

"Bring em, here!", an adult man shouted with dominance and a voice of excitement, filled with bloodlust.

0