Volume 2 Chapter 24: The Captain of the Flying Dutchman
14 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Inside the Flying Dutchman, all of the crew members of the Eve Kingdom were roaming around the place. Eve had to get inside to find Book and she had been told that he was inside by a friendly ghost. She encountered a terrifying monster that had the same back as Book's, but she was not scared of it. She was able to get away from it, thanks to the help of the ghost. But the disturbance of the monster had called the others that were residing inside the evil ship for many years. Now, they were searching for flesh and blood to finally have a taste of humans. She's currently inside a room, where half of it was burning, waiting for the ghost to come back. 

Mana and Sparrow had the same actions and goals as Eve. They went inside the ship to find Eve and Book as they were worried. Mana was so worried about Eve as she was the highest priority because she's a child lost in the dark and creepy ship and the captain. While as for Sparrow, his face may not look like he was worried, but he was indeed worried about them, both Book and Eve. 

Right now, Mana was inside a dark room, helped by the hand as she was pulled into a room to hide. But she clearly didn't know that she was helped and she just started hating ghosts that she hurt the hand. And she currently had her bags to protect herself and to fight with, and a torch to see things around. After punishing the hand for holding her hand and separating herself from Sparrow, it disappeared. But before Mana left the room to seek Eve, a big, tall, dark figure of a man stood before her. She angered the soul, who helped her, and it's time to punish her for her bad actions. 

For Sparrow, he asked a white lady politely about the appearances of his friends, if she knew about them for his search. Her response was to hurt him as she opened her mouth to bite him, but it seemed the hand saved his life. After the conversation with the two lost souls, the white lady helped Sparrow's search. In common courtesy, Sparrow thanked the white lady for the answer. But without knowing anything, it was surprising that she went to the afterlife because of the two words, "Thank you", it had so much meaning for the lady that she finally went in peace. Now, Sparrow was heading towards the right direction that would lead to all of his three friends.

Lastly, Book was running away for his life from the horrific monsters and ghosts that were chasing him. He couldn't think of anything but to run away with tears that probably wanted to live too. He had been shouting since he started to run away. His strident screams reverberated around the whole ship that they attracted the monsters to get to him.

He's in so much trouble for being loud in a quiet place.

However, it was not just Book's fault. It was all of the crew members of Eve Kingdom as they messed with something supernatural that shouldn't be dealt with. But there were just things that were too inevitable that they had to deal with it. 

"..."

Outside the door, where Mana stayed inside a room, it was quiet, yet faints of screams of Book were heard. Then, "YYYYYYYAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!", she shouted loudly in great fear that the door started shaking as she was trying to open it. Due to the panic, she was having a hard time trying to open it, even the only way to open it was to unlock and open the door.

But she still couldn't open so she continued screaming, "GET AWAY FROM ME!!! GET AWAY! GET AWAY! GET AWAAAAAAY!!!"

Then an explosion happened and the smokes filled the hallway.

A faint glow of a fire was inside the smoke and was getting brighter as she going outside the smoke, holding the torch while screaming.

When she got out of the smoke, she ran as fast as she could to get away from the figure, she saw. But the entity inside the smokes bellowed loudly, "Raaauuuggghhh!..."

Then the hallway and the smokes were consumed by moving darkness and it was following Mana. 

While she was running, the fire started getting thinner and she realized that as the light around her was fading. 

"Oh, shit! The fire!"

She stopped and placed her free hand around the fire to avoid any wind to worsen it. She's doing this to make the fire stronger and brighter again. 

"Come on, come on, come on!", she tried to hurry the fire up and when the light of the fire was back, she continued running. 

Meters away, the fire lost its firelight significantly that she quickly stopped to get its light back. She placed her hand again in the same position and hurried the fire, "Oh no, no, no. Not like this."

When the firelight was back to its normal, she said, "Nice!, and ran away. 

Meters away again, the fire weakened and she tried to regain its strength, "Fuck, fuck, fuck! We need to get away! I don't want to see that monstrosity!", as she talked to the torch.

She ran again and the darkness was nearing to her fastly. When she ran meters away, the fire got weak and that pissed Mana. She stopped and threw the torch on the floor with rage. 

"BULLSHIT! How am I supposed to get away from that fuckery if you keep making me stop every god damn time?!?"

When the darkness moved through her, the wind strongly pushed her hair and body, and she opened her eyes wide as she was surprised that the dark figure was near her area. She slowly looked behind and saw it again that she shrieked, "YYYAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!", and ran away inside the dark place.

"STOP IT! STOP IT! STOP IT! I DON'T WANT TO SEE THAT NIGHTMARE!", she continued in fear and in tears.

"..."

In the situation of Book, it hadn't been the same since it started. He was still running away for his life as the monsters and ghosts were behind him, and some ghosts were teleporting in front of him. He avoided those as he just ran straight, but as Book heard tiny footsteps running near him, he looked back and saw naked babies running behind him. They looked terrifying and evil, but they ran faster than the other monsters. 

When Book saw the babies, they looked at him with a scary face and hissed at him like a cat, showing their sharp, long teeth.

Book felt disgusted, freaked out and yelled, "AUUUGGHHH! WHAT ARE THOSE MOVING THINGS?! THEY BELONG TO THE FIRE!", as he thought of the babies as charcoals as they had similarities around their bodies from the color. 

When one of the babies reached near to Book, it jumped and bit one of his butt cheeks. He shouted in pain, "AAAAAAAHHHHHH!!! It's biting me!"

Book grabbed the baby and pulled it away. Once he got it, he looked at it near to his face and it was trying to bite him. He looked in regret and threw it away. And he's running away with an exposed, bloody butt cheek.

Now, Book and Mana were screaming together on the ship.

While screaming, both of their screams were getting louder because they were near. When Book ran straight to a hallway with an intersection of a pathway from the right to the left, he bumped at the wall. Because of his panic, he knew that it's either left or right, so he chose the right path. When he started going to the right hallway, the monsters and ghosts consumed the hallway, squeezing each other and screaming loudly. Then again, Book faced another hallway that had a right or a left hallway, so when he reached the point of intersection, he bumped at Mana. So Mana was slammed against on the wall while Book was cushioned by her body. But Mana became more aggressive when she's out of her mind and filled with panic and fear. After bumping Book in the dark, they were screaming to each other's faces then she punched Book and he fell down on the floor and started kicking him.

"Get away, get away! I don't want to see your face! You're disgusting! I'd rather die than to see that nightmare!"

Because of the kicks, Book screamed in pain and despair, "Ahhhh!!! Stop hurting me! You can tenderize my meat, but I don't know how to cook myself!"

When he spoke, that snapped and stopped Mana. She immediately asked, "Book? Is that you?", while breathing heavily.

Book sniffed and answered unsurely, "Mana?"

"Book!!! Thank goodness!", she was filled with happiness. She held him and put him to stand up. She hugged him that in relief that she was not alone and her fears could go away as she felt safe and back to reality. Also, Book felt safe as he's with Mana. Both of them felt the same way that someone could be there with them if they had problems or fears.

Then Mana calmed down and told Book, "We need hide for a moment and find Eve! She's been missing inside the ship with those creatures out there! I don't want to know how she's scared right now, but that poor, innocent, cute Eve must never be here in this corrupted, evil ship!"

"Eve's missing!?! On this ship?! What the heck! There are creatures here that will literally kill and eat your butt! How about Sparrow?!"

"He's fine!... I guess...", she wasn't sure and continued in panic, "But we have save Eve. She's been alone for too long! You know what she will do when she's alone, she will try to find you!!"

"...", Mana realized something.

"YOU BASTARD! YOU FUCKING LEFT EVE ALONE AND NOW SHE'S IN THIS SHIP TO FIND YOUR ASS!", she was raging and choking Book to death.

While Book was being choked, he asked with stutters, "Wha-a-a-at? I-I-I-I di-didn't kn-know th-that."

"BUT SURE HELL I DO AND YOU SHOULD TOO!"

"..."

Mana thought of the past of being with Eve. Both of them would always sleep together on the king-sized bed in the captain's room every nighttime because she liked Eve to sleep with the best quality of sleep, with comfort, peace, and no troubles. In fact, a captain should sleep on their bed in their room. So one time, when Mana got out of bed to go to the bathroom and finished doing her business and before she held the door of the bathroom, she heard a door open. She was curious about who was that, "Huh?", she said and opened the bathroom door. She saw Eve exited the room with her teddy bear. 

"Where's she going?"

She followed her and when she left the room, she saw Eve on the side of the taffrails of the third-floor deck, looking down and calling softly and tiredly, "Book... Are you there? Boooook..."

"Eve? Why are you outside looking for Book?"

She turned around and answered, "Mana! Alright, let's get back to sleep."

She entered the room, and Mana was curious about the behavior and closed the door. When both of them were on the bed, Mana asked, "Eve, are you siblings with Book?", while looking at her face. 

"Nah.", she replied, looking at the ceiling. 

"If it's not a sibling thing, then why were you looking for him?"

"Ehhh... I get an immediate discomfort of being alone that I will find Book to be with someone."

"Why Book? How about me instead?"

"I feel safer with Book because I have him as the first crew member of the Eve Kingdom. We have a longer bond so, if I'm alone, I'd find him.", she was aware of her actions.

"Sooo... If I was the first person chosen to be in the Eve Kingdom, would you try to find me if you're alone?"

"Yep, that would be the case."

"...I see...", she turned her head with a face of regret, "Tsk, I should have been the first."

Eve yawned, and Mana looked back and continued, "Thanks for your words, Eve. Good night...", as she placed her arm around her.

"Good night...", Eve went nearer to her chest and both of them slept.

 "..."

Back to the present, Book said in realization, "Huh. No wonder why she would say, "There you are, Book." or "I found you!", for no reason  in front of me."

"NO WONDER MY ASS! Haaah...", she sighed to calm her down and continued, "Let's just stop this conversation and find her now! Or...", she pointed behind her and continued, "That will haunt her!"

Book tilted his head and saw nothing, "What will?"

Mana was curious and looked behind her. There was nothing and no one chasing her.

"...", the silence was all around them and something was not right.

"Wait a minute, I was being chased...", she stared at the darkness of the hallway.

Boom, "AAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!", a jumpscare went in front of Mana's face as the figure, that was chasing her, came into visibility in her eyes. It screamed with the same voice as Eve in a very high pitch and even the face was similar to hers. And then she grinned creepily.

That scared everything of Mana, the body, mind, and soul that she destroyed herself and dropped her jaw, releasing what's left in her, "Aaaaauuuuhhhhh..."

As all of her systems were broken, they started restarting everything. Her cognition of what she was seeing slapped her to a reality that was a nightmare and continued, "HhhhhhhhhuuuuuuAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!"

She screamed at the end and hopped on Book. She hugged him with her arms and legs, locking him up. She continued screaming, "No, no, no, no! Eve doesn't look like that! That's impossible! She's not ugly, she's not scary, she's not like that! Get me out of this nightmare!!!"

But Book laughed and said, "Hahaha! You look funny, Eve!"

The figure was slouching to reach them and scare them as it was tall, so it stood up properly and showed the whole body. It was so huge and surprising. The body was so muscular that all of the muscles were popped out. The biceps and triceps were threatening, and the abs were menacing. Even the fingers and toes had their own muscles and the nerves were clearly visible. The neck was broad and stiff, the legs were so monstrous that they were bulging out, bigger than Book and Mana's head. Then the pecs started bouncing with so much force that they were making intense drumming sounds. And it was buck naked but had no genitals. 

"Oh, wait. You're not Eve...", he realized.

Still, Book laughed hysterically as he found it hilarious to see Eve's small head with such body, "Hahahahaha! You're scared of this? Eve would have laughed at this funny guy."

"... Book... Were you being chased?", Mana spoke slowly and shockingly.

"Hahahaha! Yeah, I was, but they weren't like him. This guy is amazing! I want to be friends with him. He looks like a cool guy."

"...Book... Look behind..."

"Haha! Why?", he looked behind and saw monsters and ghosts in front of his face. His smiling face froze and he slowly looked up to the ceiling. There was literally a wall of monsters and ghosts in front of them, salivating and being silent.

Then the little girl, who messed with Mana, slowly fading into visibility in front of Book's face that they touched each other's tip of the nose. Both of them stared at their eyes. She smiled and opened her mouth. Blood flowed more and she spoke slowly and with excitement, "You're it..."

She slapped the face of Book so hard that he went back to the reality that opened his eyes wide. 

Outside the ship, Book and Mana came out from the body of the ship as he charged into the wall. He screamed into tears, "AAAAAAAHHHHH!!!", and both of them were falling.

"Book! Why did you do that?!"

"AAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!", he answered.

While they were falling, Book was still running with his legs and then Mana saw a black mass came out from the hole, where they got out. It followed them like a serpent and this was her moment. She became calm and grabbed two discs while holding onto Book. She aimed the discs at the very bottom of the ship and the wires shot off. When they were stuck onto it, she swang beneath the ship and when it was the time to go up, both of the discs retracted the wires so strong and quick that both of them were going up at high speed. When it was in perfect time, she pulled her own body and Book's body, and got the end of the wire unstuck. 

Now, they were on the other side of the ship's body and the black mass was following them. It was about to swallow them, but then she aimed the discs again in front of them and the wires shot off. When the end of the wires stuck on the ship, the discs retracted and she pulled the discs, going straight towards the ship. The black mass was inches away from consuming them and continued to go up.

"..."

In the peaceful walk of Sparrow, he ended in a dead-end of a wall and looked around with his torch. He was told that it was this place, so he waited.

Moments later, Book and Mana destroyed the wall and were in front of Sparrow. She was in relief to find him, "Sparrow!", but as soon as Book stepped on the floor, he continued in running because of panic, so they ran back into the broken hole. But Mana held on both ends of the hole immediately and said, "Idiot! Stop running! Do you want to fall down to your demise?!"

Book screamed with fear, "They're coming back!!!"

Mana looked behind and saw the black mass moved towards them at a fast speed. She panicked and strongly pushed herself back into the ship that they fell on the floor. She started running on her own and shouted, "Run, you idiots!"

Book ran and followed Mana, but Sparrow stared at the mass like it was nothing. The hand pulled Sparrow and made him run away for his life. 

All three of them were running away from the black mass that just entered the ship, but now, they were together.

But because of the hand that was the one pulling Sparrow, he was not trying to run away. So he was swallowed by the mass unfortunately because of his slow speed. Book looked behind and shouted in surprise, "SPARROW!"

The black mass stopped moving and disappeared, leaving the torch of Sparrow to fall down on the floor while it was burning.

Mana heard and looked behind. To her surprise, she shouted, "Noooo!!!"

She ran towards where Sparrow disappeared and grabbed the torch as the fire was about to fade out.

When the firelight was back, she said in relief, "Oh, thank goodness..."

Book kneeled and shouted, "Sparroooowww!!! Nooooo!!", as he was saddened by his disappearance. 

"Hey, we can find Eve now with this torch."

"Really?"

"Yeah, let's go."

They immediately forgot about Sparrow.

"..."

Around the main deck of the ship, small black masses were compiling in the center. When the black mass was big enough, it immediately disappeared, leaving Sparrow with the hand alone.

The place was quiet and he was looking at the forecastle deck of the ship. 

He didn't know why they were there and what would happen to them, but the hand-pulled Sparrow as if it was like the ghost was scared. He looked at his side, where the ghost would be because he was alerted by the actions.

His thoughts were always clear and he wouldn't speak a lot, but when a figure of an adult man appeared slowly as its opacity was increasing to its maximum, Sparrow looked behind of a man, who was wearing a pirate hat, a black, torn, messy coat, black pants, and black shoes. He was standing in the center, in front of the bowline of the ship.

Sparrow noticed the presence and questioned, "Who are you?", emotionlessly.

"Boohahaha... Only one has been captured?", he was surprised by the result, expecting to have all of them on deck. 

The man turned around and showed his front body. He had a black, long beard with two braids on each side of his face, a red belt that held an intricate design of a cutlass, and a red, ghostly, right forearm. 

He looked so human that he had flesh around his body, except for his right forearm that was cut but replaced by a ghost forearm.

The man introduced, showing fear in his presence and words, "I am the Flying Dutchman, Captain Hedrick! Welcome aboard to my lovely ship."

Sparrow felt nothing, but the female hand started shaking and Sparrow felt her fear coming from the captain of the Flying Dutchman.

Things started heating up between a captain and a vice-captain.

0