Chapter 79
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the Chapel, the man slowly stood up from the blood pool. There were no blood on his body. While the man was elegantly wearing the clothes he put on a table, the blood pool was slowly becoming darker. Finally, it became a completely dark blood pool, the man had finally wore back his clothes. He couldn’t wait to do the final conquest. As for the dead subordinates and slaves, the devil didn’t feel bad about them because they’re consumable.

On the other side, the lonely giant was sitting on the ground and eating the corpse of his brother. As for the mansion, it was badly destroyed by the giant monster. He knew he couldn’t catch up with those little guys so he vent his anger on the building. Then he walked back and started the feast. It would make them stronger. And may be he could evolve too. The numbers of surviving monsters were also quite pitiful. In two days, nearly three to four thousands monsters were dying constantly and finally only around sixty of them survived. The only good thing was that there were still two tier one Abyss mage among the surviving monsters.

On the clean road, a convoy composed of eight jeeps was chasing after the big convoy of twenty pickup trucks. Fortunately, almost every family in America own a car or two. If it was in other federations, many people would die because they got no cars and had to flee on foot. On the last pickup truck, Chester and Peter were sitting together on the cargo bed. It was a successful retreat, but Chester couldn’t be happy because the future was unknown. In his opinion, that big mansion was the best base for a crowd of survivors. Unfortunately, they had to face unreasonable existence like giant monster with only one weakness. The only good thing might be that there was no causality in the previous battle and they took down one giant monster. However, they lost almost everything they had collected since the retreat was in a hurry. The only things they took away were food and ammunition.

Chester rubbed his eyes and asked in doubts, “Peter, can you tell me about your place?”

On the side, Peter was thinking about something but Chester’s question drew his attention. He moved his neck and said, “It is a pretty big and solid two-story townhouse built entirely with stones and old bricks. It gets a small and simple attic. There are also big and spacious basements. We are going to be fine. Although it might be a little crowded for several hundreds people, it is still in the considerable range.”

Then, Peter paused and looked at Chester before saying, “The most important thing is a short sword stabbed in the floor.”

Chester was confused and asked, “What can a short sword do? Was that a joke?”

Peter watched at the rapidly retreating scenes and said in a deep voice, “Remember what I said and keep it as secret. That short sword is very very important. It is god’s artifact. As long as it is in place, there would be a protection shield. Later, we will inform other people to not move that sword. I need you to help me tell your survivors to not do that. It will bring no good to everyone.”

Although he was still curious and doubtful, Chester still promised to tell his survivors to not move the sword. Soon, the long team started to catch up with the first convoy which was carrying elders, women and children. They became slowly relaxed since there were no chasing monsters and they didn’t see any single monster on the way.

0