Chapter 80
1 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Peter’s radio suddenly sounded and the old but calm voice of Brian appeared, “Peter, I want you to tell something to the leader of survivors. Listen, we got a plan. After a night of hard work, we created various traps and obstacles around the house as much as we could. However, one direction was left free. That was the back yard. We wanted to do it too but we had limited amount of things. So, when you arrived, make simple vehicles walls in the back yard. Of course, it was not a simple thing. This plan requires the drivers to park heads to tails in order. That is.”

Chester also heard it. It was not a bad plan. He had no comment on it. So, Chester pressed his radio and called the other team leaders. After a minute of explaining the plan roughly, he put down the radio and drank some water. While looking at the roadside scenes, the two men silently gnawed the chocolate bars while another two men were looking at their family photos. They were silently looking at the photos and sinking in the precious memories.

After driving for another five minutes, the convoy started to slow down. Some people simply jumped down or got out of the cars and started to stand at the sides of vehicles as guards. Some just sat on the cargo beds of pickup trucks and aimed at the shady places with their guns. If monsters came out from those places suddenly, they were ready to fight back. The front cars were parking according to the plan and it was taking some times and efforts. The several old men, women and children had already been walking to the house in a distance under the escort of several men. Nevertheless, those seemingly weak women were also holding various guns and they were quite a force themselves. However, Chester still wanted several men to accompany them to avoid some accidents.

The back door of the house was opened for the survivors to come in and Brian and several police officers were directing the drivers to park in planned positions. The process was proceeding slowly. Soon, Chester and Peter also walked to them from the back of convoy. They were leaders after all. They couldn’t stay at the back all the time. When the two got there, only armed men were left on scene. These people were acting as guards. From time to time, several people would form a team and walk to the back of convoy where many vehicles and their brothers were guarding. If a fight occurred, they could also reach out a hand in time as help. A few patrol teams like that was really gold at the moment. That was the plan of another leader. He was very thoughtful when even Chester forgot about that.

When Tina saw Peter, she walked out of the house to them. Then, the two sat down on the stairs and started to chat. Tina got a lot of questions and Peter also had a lot to tell. Soon, the two love birds were interrupted by old Brian and Chester. They wanted to make a plan and got something to ask Tina. Chester shook hands with Tina and greeted. He still knew Tina the daughter of their sheriff Miguel.

Chester asked in a low voice after looking around and making sure that no one else would hear their conversation, “Can you increase the scope of artifact protection? We want to put our people in the nearby houses. And, when they retreat back to the main house, they would be in danger on the road. It would be the best if you can include the neighbor house on the right.”

Tina smiled worriedly and said the truth, “I can increase the scope of protection. But the defense power will decrease. Although it can protect this house well now, it will become fragile once I made it bigger. Firstly, I have no magical power. Second point, the artifact has limited energy and it needs to be charged by the moonlight.”

Old Brian sighed and Chester said in a positive tone, “We understand. We will try to figure out a good plan. It is already very nice for it to be able to protect the main house well. We were somehow delusional for a moment. Sorry for bothering you two.”

Tina smiled and said, “It’s okay.”

The two lovebirds started to chat sweetly again as Chester and old Brian left with other leaders of survivors to figure out the surrounding situation. They were planning to divide the battlefield. And Peter didn’t bother to participate since he was not very familiar with battlefield strategy.

0