Chapter 81
1 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Nearly fifty men who could fight well were scattered around as three groups and placed in three neighbor houses. They were going to be the first defense line who would take down the early troops of monsters. But they’re told to retreat back to the main house of Julia if the targets were out of their capability. No one wanted to see the sacrifices even if many of them were already determined to die. Many of them had lost everything they had and treasured. Life was no longer meaningful but just the flame of revenge. Old Brian and Chester didn’t like their mental situation even if they also understood why it was happening like that. Life must continue after all.

At first, survivors were doubtful. Some were sacred. Some were doubting about future. But after everyone was placed in various parts of the house, they were greatly relieved. Especially, the women and children got the safest and best place in the house. Although the basements might not be a good place in normal times, but it became a safe and desirable place after the monster invasion. Moreover, there were no layers of basement and they were fully reinforced and full of various things. The older people chose to stay in the first floor living room. Their number was also small and it was only twelve even if Brian, Julia and their friends were added. Various firearms and ammunition boxes were taken out and allocated to everyone. The fighting force was as great as a company because there were over 200 adult men who were fully armed. The whole house was transformed into a mini fortress.

It was almost 6 o’clock. Everyone was nervously waiting for the monsters. Due to successive victories and battles, almost everyone felt that there were not much monsters left. The only thing they were afraid to meet was the giant monster who was very hard to kill and could also cause a lot of damage to them. After these two days of struggles, nobody was in the mood to pray to any holy protector nor to the god of Bright Church anymore. They only knew how to fight back, how to kill the enemy and how to die and painful memories kept them alive.

The man held his gun and watched at the scene without any existence of mist. Occasionally, he would recall the faces of his family members who were killed by the monsters. It was originally a sweet family obviously. He felt painful whenever he recalled those memories. But the tears dried up. Only the unwavering eyes full of chills remained. When old Brian and Chester called to ask about their opinions, he chose to come forward like other brothers who were ready to die. For them, every minute they were living was just painful. They only reason they were still alive might be to kill those monsters as much as they could before they went to face death.

Blurry figures slowly appeared to the man’s vision. They were not clear at first. However, he soon knew their identities by observing through spotting scope. The man was frightened and angry. He shouted, “It is a blasphemy against death!”

He pressed the radio and reported the situation to the main house command post, “3-2, we got a situation here. Over.”

“3-2, this is 1-2, tell me your situation. Over.”

The man took a deep breathe and said, “1-2, we got walking bones here. They are walking towards us along the Flora second street. Targets distance from us is over two hundreds meter. Asking for further orders. Over.”

In the living room of Julia’s house, a group of old people, several leaders of survivors, Chester, Peter and Tina were sitting on the wooden boxes. On the wall opposite of them, a detail map of the town was glued and fixed on the wall. They were doing calculation and guess but suddenly a radio call came in and interrupted them. Because the news was amazing, they had to plan everything again. Although they were confident to face the horde of monsters, they were not sure about the first time enemies of moving bones. Everyone fell into silent but old Brian gave the command without hesitation. “Tell him to engage the enemy by range attack. Figure out their weakness. If it failed, let them come back to the main house quickly. We must not waste the precious lives as useless sacrifices. Living being is better than a useless dead person.”

Tina nodded and told the command. Then, she started to call and gave the same order to other two teams after giving some explanation.

0