Chapter 83
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Skeletons. It’s a pity, the moon has already gone. No wonder they only came out at this time. It’s ironic, why the sun is useless.”

Old Brian glanced at the sky and sighed. He closed the windows and said to all combat team leaders who were standing in the living room, “Let’s wait and see first whether the artifact would be able to shield us from their prying again. We have also put some protective measures around our place. Again, don’t open windows, don’t shoot and don’t engage these mindless skeletons made from the remains of our beloved. We wait and see if they are coming to us or not. Wait for my order.”

He nodded slightly after seeing the silent crowd, “Alright, you can go now. Take your positions and prepare for the battle.”

Only several old people, Peter and Tina couple, Chester and a few leaders remained in the living room. It became spacious as the crowd left. Old Brian touched the table in the middle of the living room and reminded in tired voice, “I’ve seen those lads. Although I don’t know how they got into the crowd of survivors, please pay attention to them. If they do something traitorous at critical time, we will quickly fail to defend against those monsters.”

Several people who didn’t know the backstory were confused while other nodded in vigilance. Looking at the face of the newcomers, Brian smiled sadly and said, “Oh, it was that gang of Thomas. Those lads came to attack us before. I don’t know how they made it but they directed a large group of monsters to our house. Fortunately, we had some secret measures and got out of it safely. A few of them died in our hands. So, just be careful. It would be the best if nothing happened.”

No one beside the trusted people knew that there was a short sword stabbed in the floor under the table inside the thick table clothes. Several gems on it were glowing slightly. Around the table, several old people was sitting on the chairs with their weapons. Brian also sat down on his chair and closed his tired eyes.

In the first layer of basement, Tina was moving the goods to the second layer together with other women. There were only twenty two adults in the basement and nearly forty children. Some of them still had husbands, fathers at the outside trying to resist the incoming monsters and fighting a chance for them to survive. In a situation with uncertain future, almost everyone was feeling sad and full of sorrows. However, under the lead of Tina and her stories about the goddess of moon, they were quickly calmed down. After all, they also saw the miracle of the strange moon. Tina perfectly understood the meaning of giving a work to a person to make him avoid thinking other things. So, she started to talk other people to move the things they would need to the second floor and then retreat to there. Looking at obedient children starting to move the small things they could carry, even the sorrowful woman who lost everything seemed to find out a reason to live on. Thanks to rich woman Julia who filled the basement with many good things, they got busy.

In the chapel, Devil held the floating boundary crystal and searched the whole town through it. He just created the army of undead with the remains of almost every creatures in the town. The dense gray mists in the central area of town decreased a lot. The ink blood pool was already bottomed out cleanly. The three Abyss flowers were trying hard to produce more Abyss mists in order to fill back the diluted fogs in central area. The moon made a big purification over the town. The sky became clear again without any gray clouds. The light was irritating the undeads and three Abyss flowers but didn’t cause any damage to them. However, the mists were spreading out again. It was spreading slowly and going to take a lot of time to cover the whole town again. The sun surely lacks divinity.

0