Chapter 85
1 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After the first grenade trap exploded, Brian whose eyes had been shutting tightly opened the eyes sharply and said, “Tell everyone to start plan A. Lit the fire. These bastards are somehow coming directly to us. We are no longer safe. Since hiding is meaningless, let’s prepare for the battle.”

All grenade traps were placed by him carefully and each of them were in unique places. Only the enemy walking directly towards the house of Julia would trigger them. Chester walked to the corridor and shouted, “Start the plan A.”

Soon, the windows were opened and already lit fire torches were threw away to the designated places. Fire spread along the path made by pouring the fuel and four big bonfires appeared. They started to chase the mists around their place and provided the brightly lit vision to the survivors in the house.

However, the spreading of fire didn’t stop at there. Soon, the two houses at the opposite also started to burn. They provided more light to the surrounding and dense figures of undead came into light. Many men even got cold sweats on their back after they saw densely crowded figures of undeads. Their skeleton bodies were formed and wrapped by dark gray mists. Pale red fire was burning inside their skulls. The good thing was large part of them had no good weapons but just some bones or even wooden rods.

Everyone didn’t forget the plan. Although they were amazed and delayed for several seconds, they quickly got back their mind. Large part of the crowd put the guns into gunholes and started to aim the undeads in sight. However, they got limited gunholes. So, besides the middle windows with Vulcan Gatling, several people made two rows in other two windows. First rows would kneel and aim while the rows behind them would just stand and aim at the densely packed skeletons. There were also similar situation happening at the other three sides. However, only the front one had been facing the enemies at that time. Even so, nobody dared to relax because they might face a big siege in the next minutes.

There were also men with guns in the first floor. They did the same thing and they were waiting for the engaging order from old Brian. Brian was also checking at the outside through the opened windows. He was confused because the undeads were strangely standing in place and seemingly waiting for something. A man besides him asked, “Shouldn’t we take the initiate first?”

Old Brian scratched his thin hairs and nodded, “You’re right. No matter what, we should strike them first.”

Then, he walked back and gave the windows back to four men. And he said firmly and loudly, “Old rule. Aim for the heads and blast the skulls of these undeads. Let them return to peaceful sleep. Start shooting.”

The men at the first floor started to shoot and the ones at the second floor also followed behind and attacked the skeletons. Instantly, many heads were blasted. Legs and arms were crashed. Especially, bullets came out from Vulcan Gatling were tearing the bodies of undeads apart. However, the undead skeletons were trying to recover their lost body parts with broken bones near them. As long as they picked up the bone fragments and used the dark gray mists in their bodies, even the already blasted skull would be recast. Under the constant attacks, large amount of undead skeletons were falling apart. Only the skeletons which were entirely in lack of arms could not gather the bones again. Even so, they were rolling on the ground full of bone fragments and trying to piece the missing arms again under the help of dark gray mists. However, there were exceptions. Several ones which were only left with a handful of pale red burning fireball could only hover slightly on the ground of full of bones.

0