Chapter 86
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In just a minute, almost every person had poured out nearly a hundred rounds of bullets. Especially, the Vulcan Gatling had already run out of bullets. The two burly and tough looking men who were responsible for it were having an argument. One wanted to keep the last two ammo cans while the other one wanted to use all to take down these undead skeletons. The first man wanted to leave a guarantee to face unknown danger like giant monster. However, the second man was full of angers at that time because he realized that these skeletons might come from the familiar people. And he lost his family in this tragedy.

That scene was seen by Chester who came to inspect how they were doing. Chester held the shoulder of the second man and said while looking into his blood red eyes, “Take a breathe first. You have to control your anger. There are thousands of them at the outside. We don’t have many things here. Save the bullets for now. I promise you that we are going to find and kill those bastards who made this happening. Okay?”

The tough man shed tears and nodded hard. Chester patted his shoulder and said, “Very well, my friend. Now, pick up your rifle and take down those poor undeads as much as you can. Let them return to peaceful sleep.”

Before leaving, Chester asked, “Tell me your names, friends.”

The man said in a low voice, “Lucas.”. The other man beside him also told his name in a normal tone, “Bernie.”

Chester gestured them to work and walked away. He didn’t need to tell his name because almost everyone knew his name. Things returned to normal and tensions disappeared along with Chester. It was right for him to come up to inspect. Some hidden dangers were quietly erased. Otherwise, nobody could predict what those with unstable mind would do.

Although many skeletons were shot down repeatedly, many were still coming from behind. They were like mindless puppets which only came to make a parade. They would stop when they reached the opposite sidewalk. The survivors also got into better ways to eliminate the threats. Their targets were only skulls and arms. Although some tried to shoot the pale red fireball inside the skull, they found that bullet caused no damage to it.

Several minutes passed, and loud sounds of footsteps appeared. Everyone was alerted greatly and stopped attacking the undead skeletons. Especially, a group of men in the small attic were greatly alarmed. They would never be able to forget the source of the same similar loud sounds like that. Many people in the house instantly knew that giant monsters were coming. Ronald hurriedly searched for it. Scope didn’t work due to the influence of gray mists. But he found the four figures with strong thermal activity at a distance of around three hundreds meters through the thermal goggles. He was scared. It was not one or two but four giant monsters after all. He was not sure of whether they would be able to get over this crisis or not.

Ronald silently waited and counted. The muzzle was also pointing straightly at the direction of those huge heat sources. Soon, they were seen as they got into near the burning house. Ronald aimed at one head and shot directly. A hole appeared in the head and the target giant monster leaned forward and fell down. Ronald pulled the bolt handle. Emptied 20mm bullet casing came out and dropped onto the floor of attic. He quickly moved the muzzle direction and wanted to take down another giant monster. However, Allen who was acting as the spotter exclaimed at that time because the fallen giant monster had stood up again in his vision.

0