Chapter 96
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A rippling portal appeared at the place of Church’s gate. Soon, it was stabilized and the image of a broken street full of destroyed cars and a collapsing house showed up on the other side of the portal. Then, the man in a black bishop suit came out of the portal. Soon after he came out, the portal was solidified and the connection place to the other side was on the middle of the street. One can even see the still burning car through the portal.
The man signaled his female partner to go back to their van and he walked towards the crowd of clergies and mercenaries. Everyone at the scene was still watching and waiting for the confirmation news from the mysterious people and their Sheriff. Nobody impatiently rushed into the portal to the other side. Although they had worries for the people inside, they still wanted to consider for their safety in the first place after all. The man simply said, “I am Emuel Steller. The Cardinal of Origin Church and the founder of Heart School of Thought. I have already solved the problem inside. You can already go in and clean the battlefield. But before that, I have an offer for you. As I newly established my own influence not long ago, there are only two people in it. One is me and the other is my wife. She is also a Bishop of Origin Church. Alright, enough introduction, let’s say less. We are recruiting people. Remember the name of my influence. You can search its influence interface on the Church’s network and apply to become members. Of course, there are some benefits but you must be qualified to enter my influence. That is. Have a good day, gentlemen and ladies. And by the way, the strange space on the other side of that portal will only exist for a day. So, you must hurry up.”
And he entered his van and left. Old Billy retreated his eyes from the back of the van which kept going away and nodded towards Sheriff Miguel who was waiting and looking at him with inquiries. Miguel also couldn’t wait to enter it and search his daughter. Immediately, the crowd of police officers entered into the portal. The clergies also followed behind them under the leadership of old Billy. But the mercenaries were using their phones and reading the requirements. Some were already filling out the applications. After all, to meet a chance like that is very rare for the rootless people like them. Most of them don’t even know the next direction to become stronger and they have been practicing blindly before with the mentality of trying out something.
Peter felt that he had never been relaxed like that lately after he got bathed by the milky white light. And many of his confusing thoughts disappeared and he once again felt the long lost calmness. The injuries of other survivors also recovered a lot under the milky white light. That is a miracle. Many strong men just sat down in place and started to sob. Some were complaining for being late as they lost their beloved ones.
When Peter walked back into the half collapsed house, he found Kevin and Rock already with their family members in the living room. Other men were also either carrying the child or carrying various supplies and walking to the outside. And his sweetheart Tina was sitting near the cold body of Brian and in a daze while holding her short sword. He greeted Kevin and walked over to Tina. When Peter hugged her, Tina recovered and sobbed in his arms. She was really sad after seeing the cold dead body of Brian even though they only knew each other for a short time. She wasn’t ready to face dead bodies of people she familiar with. Soon, Ronald came to them and said about the portal and police officers. The other teammates of their quick response team were already waiting at the outside. Peter could finally make a smile because no one in his team died. But Chester was not feeling well as he was watching the several remains of his teammates being carried by other teammates who survived.

0