Chapter 97
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Peter took Tina’s hand and said softly, “Your dad, I don’t know if he also came but he must be worrying a lot. Let’s go out and meet with him first.”

Tina nodded and stood up. She glanced around and took the last looks. She then walked towards old Julia who was still sitting on the chair, and said, “Granny, let’s get out of here. You still have Ava to take care of. Life must go on.”

Julia looked up and said annoyingly, “I know that life must continue. What’s wrong with an old woman trying to remember her house as the last time?”

Although she complained, Julia stood up and called Kevin and Rock who were talking not far away from her, “Kevin! Rock! Do me a favor. Carry out the bodies of your uncle Brian and James. Let’s get out of this sad place.”

When Kevin saw the three old women left the living room with Peter’s couple, he patted his daughter and said, “Go, go first with your grandma. Dad will come out later.”

On the side, Rock also talked and handed over his sweet daughter to his wife. Then, the two men looked each other and laughed. They didn’t want to waste time and together carried the body of James first. One from the shoulders and one from the legs. When they got to the outside, they saw a group of police officers standing alertly on the badly destroyed front lawn. Only at that time, they noticed the portal in the middle of the street and police officers which kept coming out from it. Their families were also walking towards the portal under the lead of a police officer.

At the outside, Peter watched his girlfriend hugging his future father in law in silent. Miguel patted the back of his daughter in relief. Then, he gave Peter a hug too. Miguel said to the two, “We will slowly talk about your story while driving on the way back home later. Now, Dad is going to get busy for a while.”

As Miguel left, Tina looked around at the surrounding. Peter saw Chester who was talking with two men in a strange combat uniform and said to Tina, “Bae, I am going to ask something. Can you wait for a while?”

Meanwhile, Tina saw several women with children near the ambulance so she pointed towards that place and said simply, “I will be there.”

Peter agreed and left. He was really curious about what those guys were talking about. Peter greeted as he walked over, “Peter. Detective officer.”

The strong man in strange combat uniform shook Peter’s stretched hand and said, “Truman. A mercenary.”

At that time, Chester said impatiently, “So, where can I apply to become one like you?”

The man said calmly, “Just at your nearest Origin Church. They are the guardians. But as I said earlier, our job is too risky for a normal person even if he is well trained.”

He reminded before walking back to his team standing near the vans, “Eh ya, if you chose to step into that world, you can search about Heart School of Thought. The one who saved you is that school’s founder.”

Peter watched the team and asked Chester for a while before he went to talk with his team who were sitting on the sidewalk in front of a house not far away from him.

When Kevin and Rock put down the dead body of James on a somewhat clean spot, Allen who was standing together with his teammates noticed them. He patted Ronald who was boringly wiping the AMR sniper rifle on the side. Ronald turned his head to look at his buddy and saw him pointing at Kevin and Rock. But before he wanted to call, the two had already walked into the house. So, Ronald said calmly to the crowd, “Think about what Peter said. It is a good idea although very risky. Allen and I am in. Take your time. We are going to get together in Criton Bar at tomorrow night if you also decided to join us.”

And he looked around at their faces and said emotionally, “You’re my brothers, no matter what. I will respect your choices.”

Then, he and Allen walked towards Kevin and Rock. They were going to pull the people they became familiar into the grand plan of Peter.

When Ronald walked over to the house, he met Kevin and Rock who opened the door and came out. Inside the house, Julia and several other people were relaxing. They didn’t expect to see the town in a good condition at the outside. So, they just randomly got into the nearest house which was not locked to relax and take care of their personal hygiene.

Ronald handed over the cigarettes and greeted, “Can you spare a minute to talk something?”

Kevin said while touching his body for lighter, “We have plenty of time to talk. It is just we need to move the body of Brian first. If you don’t mind, you can talk while moving the body.”

Ronald agreed simply, “Okay. Let’s talk while walking then.”

Kevin couldn’t find lighter on him but Ronald gave his lighter to him as they walked towards the portal. Just as they got to the front, they saw two officers carrying the dead body of Brian came out. Four men looked at each other and shrugged their shoulders.

Kevin said as he pointed at the dead body of James on the lawn in front of the house where Julia and other people were staying in, “This way please. He is our family member.”

Two officers looked at Ronald and they proceeded towards that way after seeing him nodded at them.

The group became relax and walked back to the house. The four sat down on the wooden stairs of the front porch and started to talk. Ronald eyed Kevin because of modified AMR and bullets which could greatly damage the mysterious creatures. Even the giant monster had to bow down if they got hit in certain parts.

“I have family.”

“Come on, man. We get to buff up ourselves. Only strength can protect our beloved people. You don’t wanna meet the same situation like this again in the future, don’t you?”

“But”

“But what? You have to trust in ourselves, not uncertain future. Even a small possibility could become true. Are you going to watch your familiar and beloved people dying in front of you helplessly at that time? Look, it is not like I’m lying to you. We have two paths in front of us right now. Two paths. One would let us gain power to fight against those monsters although we are going to take some risks. The other one is to trust on luck that you’re not going to meet the same thing every again.”

“Alright, I am in. Man, seriously, you’re better than sale person in car dealership in persuading people.”

Kevin looked up at the blue sky and agreed to join the team too, “Okay, since even someone like Rock chose to join you. It would be too bad if I don’t agree. So, how do we contact?”

Ronald smiled and said, “Five o’clock at the tomorrow evening. The meeting place is Criton bar in the Sherlock 2nd street of Old Town district.”

Then, they chatted about their followup arrangements for several minutes before parting their ways. Kevin and Rock went into the house while Ronald took Allen to find Peter.

At the next day evening, Kevin and Rock came down from a pickup truck they just bought from familiar and trustworthy used cars dealer in San Christobal City. Looking at the closed sign on the door, the two were greatly confused. But then they remembered that guys might have packed the whole bar for a night. So, the two went forward and tried to open the door. It was not locked.

When they got inside, they saw a crowd of people drinking and chatting inside. There were probably around fifty people and all were men. Most of them are strong looking since they used to work in ranches and farms. Only a few people have thin or fat body which showed their lack of regular exercise and physical works. Peter and Chester who were sitting in the bar raised their beer mug towards Kevin and Rock as they saw them.

Peter got up and shouted as he raised his beer mug, “Well then, brothers. From now on, Guardian Spirits has been established. We will find and fuck those monsters, and people doing injustices and evil. Our existence is just plain and simple. Get stronger! Fuck those tragedies! Cheer for our new journey!”

A mission has been established just like that. A new mercenary guild was formed by a group of tough men who lost everything and who set their mind to do something. Their journey has just started. The future is still unknown.

0