Parallel Projects
338 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sunny was overwhelmed as February progressed because multiple projects started in parallel and the selection of a director, finalising the budget, screenplay department meetings etc. all needed his final call in some way.

It was too easy when he only had to focus on two movie projects in a year, but now, this year, they are going for a minimum of 6 movie releases, and four are in the pipeline.

'Species' had its script finalised but then, came the scripts for the Minimum Speed which now changed into Speed.

He had to literally fight with this screenwriter Graham Yost to include a better opening and ending scene. Graham Yost only had the initial idea for the script, but it was mostly a bus rigged with explosives. However, he lacked serious character development.

Sunny had to waste an entire evening trying to explain his idea and bring that script closer to the actual movie he had watched. Surprisingly, thanks to the lack of skills Graham had in writing the dialogues, Kenneth sent a script doctor to fix the script and add dialogues.

This led Sunny to meet Joss Whedon. Joss Whedon is currently struggling as a screenplay writer but even in this early stage of his career, he could easily finish the ideas Sunny had.

Sunny loved Joss. Sunny can write a screenplay outline, but he has the same problems as Graham. He has no idea how to add the dialogues and fix the actual script. Joss was simply hired a week later and Sunny against the opposition of Kenneth and Kerry made Joss the screenplay department head.

"Sunny, are you really sure about this guy?" Kenneth again tried to check if Sunny was sure about his decision.

"I am. Kenneth, he knows. He knows his stuff. He knows what I want. He wrote the stuff I only explained once. Once.

You go out and find any guy in the entire department that can do that. I will put that guy ahead of Joss. But we both know that's not possible. Besides, who doesn't lack experience? I do! And I am still somehow managing. So, let us give this guy a chance. Okay?"

Sunny again justified his hiring.

"Fine. Your call. But put someone close to him to check his progress. Trust me, sometimes too much of a reward is not really a good thing. You get my point?" Kenneth spoke from his experience.

Unlike Sunny, he had seen blazing stars fading out in the sky of Hollywood without leaving any marks because they got the big break they wanted. Some went to rehab, some into depression and some to prison. Others simply went into heaven.

"Understood. I will ask Ricky to make sure he keeps his nose clean." Sunny agreed with this approach.

Joss Whedon took Speed under his full control and Sunny freed his hands from it. The Christmas movie, The Santa Clause was already completely written, and Rover Pictures had bought the script. Matthew selected John Pasquin as the director and asked him to convince his friend Hollywood actor Tim Allen, to star in the lead.

This was a package deal. Tim Allen is a great actor and Sunny agreed on that point with Matthew. They needed a guy who could bring that expression and emotions on the big screen that were needed in the script.

Finally, Quentin is writing his own script and he promised to deliver the script when he is done with the first draft. Sunny was most relaxed working with Quentin.

While the heavy pre-production work was going on these four projects, casting started for the 'Species' and 'Speed'.

Sunny had already sent invitations to Tom Cruise, Tom Hanks, Wesley Snipes, Woody Harrelson and Keanu Reeves. Sunny had already decided as long as Keanu comes for the audition, he will give the role to him.

Keanu has little popularity now, but he is still in B-rank actor and his pay is still quite low. Plus, Sunny had a nice working experience with Keanu and wanted to forge a long-lasting relationship with such actors.

Matthew personally chose to hire director Jan de Bont who had done principal photography for Die-Hard and this script was very much similar to Die-Hard.

Bont, Yost and Wheadon sat together multiple times to complete the screenplay while Sunny focused on selecting the female lead.

The first person who came to his mind - was Halle Berry. Halle was free from Need for Speed and only doing dubbing. Besides, she had been with Sunny for a month and Sunny had experienced levels of pleasure, that he could not explain in words from her.

"Hey little bunny, Sunny this side", Sunny called after thinking about her.

"Please, I am bunny only for my bad wolf. So, you can't be Sunny but only the bad wolf." A seductive voice came from the other end.

"Well, this wolf has a gift for you. Send your agent, I have a script here. The role has enough weight, and the scenes are enough to showcase your talent." Sunny told her the highlights.

"Seriously!?" Halle excitedly shouted from the other end.

"Won't lie to a cute bunny!" Sunny laughed.

"Fine. I will give my agent a call. She will be there soon. Also, Sunny..." Halle purred in the end and Sunny knew the cute bunny would be his cat tonight.

Sunny has developed a fetish these days and that is role-playing. There is a nurse costume, a bunny costume and finally a leather suit designed for Halle that makes her a Cat. The inspiration comes from Catwoman he had watched in his last life and Sunny just chose to make it more 'practical' for his bedroom needs.

Halle was also unrestrained with Sunny and happily served with him. Plus, the collars, the tight vest and other toys simulated her and her sex life was far from boring.

Thankfully, all her servings and her labour finally bore the fruit she wanted!

After the call with Halle, Sunny crossed the lead actresses' name and wrote 'Halle Berry' and sent it to Ricky. This basically confirmed the deal from Sunny's end and he knew Ricky had enough experience on how to manage these deals.

6