Future of Finland
318 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Jessica won the actress in the leading role Oscar trophy, and it was the representation of the Rover Pictures PR work and her own hard work. Besides, this really gave a boost to the low sales of VHS tapes in the market.

Sunny spent some time with Halle and then joined Kenny in his office in LA.

“So, anything for me to solve?” Sunny asked.

“Yes. Many if I am being honest with you. We are now burdened with four movies, and you had our new guy, Joss Whedon, write two more scripts.

So, a total of six movies plus the animated movie for Pokémon makes it seven. This is too low compared to other studios. Don’t we need to approve more?

Besides, when are you going to find those Japanese directors, you talked about for the horror movies?” Kenneth asked Sunny.

“First of all, no. We are limiting ourselves to only movies that will make a profit. I won’t invest a single dollar in any movie that is for the Oscars ever again. Not anymore.

We work for box-office and profits. All those screenwriters that bring you meaningful stories, sell them to others. I only want movies that can bring money us quickly.

These movies that we are working on, all will be profitable. So, relax on that front. Secondly, I am planning to go to Japan for this and prepare another animated movie.” Sunny replied.

While Sunny and Kenny were busy discussing the role of their future studio, one of the most iconic man in the history of the internet actually came to Rover Net after finally accepting a new job role.

--------------------

Vint Cerf – also known as the father of the internet -was tempted by the job opportunity and the huge pay being offered. Almost double what he was making at MCI.

At MCI he was the one who helped the team to design and create E-Mail services online. Because of his contribution and vision, he had been awarded some awards too.

Now, he was ready to join Rover Net and he had dual roles. He was hired as President of Architecture and Technology to lead a team of architects and engineers to design advanced networking frameworks, including Internet-based solutions for delivering information, and voice and video services for business and consumer use. 

Also, he was given a secondary role as President of Technology Strategy in which he will help decide the company’s way forward in the tech sector.

Sunny had very high hopes from this man, but the day Vint arrived at Rover Net, he was busy in LA.

Vint Cerf was welcomed by Bob Iger the current CEO of Rover Net and he got into his role quite comfortably. Being a senior guy, almost 50 years old this year and working as an assistant professor at Stanford University, he was like back to his younger days.

“I have seen the work these guys are doing. It’s really something far beyond what I imagined.” Vint sitting in Bob’s office remarked.

He had done his briefing and took a tour around the office and saw the advanced advertising platform, news sites being developed and the codex which was being redesigned.

Overall, in this messy and small office, there is a browser and portal which is already deployed, and they are preparing to develop marketing solutions which was astonishing.

Putting things in perspective, at this stage, most of the companies that are in Silicon Valley are still stuck in writing the algorithms for their browsers. This company was already walking four-five steps ahead of everyone in Silicon Valley.

“Frankly, I have no idea what those boys are doing. This is all under our Chairman and CFO, Sunny Rover. My job is simply to expand this company and make sure these boys are under perfect management.

And now, we have you. So hopefully, you can take control of the technical side of this company and together with Sunny, you can push new ideas and help the team to move ahead in new directions.” Bob replied humbly.

“That ain’t a problem. A couple of days and these boys will feel they are back in college again under a professor.” Vint replied with his dry humour.

However, the Finnish guys, the creators of the original browser were a little panicked. Now, the office had more American coders all around and they had trouble communicating in English. 

Plus, they saw this company as the opportunity to help bring fellow Finnish coders to America. From a land undergoing depression to a place filled with opportunity. So, that day, the four of the original developers decided to find more innovative Finnish and other coders who can bring some value over to Rover Net.

“What do we do now?” Kim Nyberg questioned to other three.

Teemu Rantanen, Kati Suominen and Kari Sydänmaanlakka, the other three partners and developers had some serious social responsibility on their shoulders.

“You know when we brought those guys with us, our professor told me, I am serving my country far more than those politicians. We are now one big symbol for an entire generation and thousands back home who are hoping to become the next us.” Kati who was more sombre in the group replied.

“I think we need to talk to the head. Back home, they must be developing something good. We just need to dig around and we might find something,” Kari replied.

“Fine. There is also the new old American guy who was hired today, and he reminds me of our professor. So serious and scary.” Teemu finally spoke and shared his thoughts about Vint.

“True. He is really like the professor,” Kim laughed, and others also started laughing at this.

That day when Vint left the office and Bob was packing his bag, the four approached him with the proposal.

Bob knew that these four guys were instrumental in the company, and he could not allow all four to take a sudden leave at the same time, but he cannot reject their request either.

“One of you can go. I can approve a leave of no more than 20 days. This is my limit. Besides, I hope you find something otherwise, I will be answerable to Sunny.” Bob finally decided and the four talked and let the serious and boring Kati go back.

Sunny had no idea that these Finnish guys were getting restless because of the new hiring and even if he did, he would have gladly sent these guys back home. There is a death of new ideas in the market and Finland, in future, will be the home of many gamers and game developers.

They were the ones to develop games like the snake which became a cultural phenomenon on Nokia mobile and Max Payne for PCs and then in the smartphone era, The Angry Birds.

Unknowingly Sunny’s future was being pushed forward by the Finnish guys and he was busy approving certain agreements and signing fund releases.

By the end of that day, Sunny got the news from Bob about everything, and he was very happy but a little sad that he didn’t get the chance to welcome this legendary man Vint.

Thankfully Bob was there to hold the scene and make sure not to embarrass such a big guy.

“This world really needs a fucking mobile phone!” Sunny shouted in anger while packing his things.

8