Chapter 33: Life Anew
528 2 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 33:

Life Anew

Yuriko soon cried herself to sleep against me. Embarrassment and exhaustion taking her. Cecelia looked on with fondness. A content smile on her face.

"Dear..." I whispered to her, still rather confused by all of this, "Is what she said...true?"

"Yes," She nodded, placing a gentle hand on Yuriko's head, "She has a hard time opening her heart...I'm sure you can understand why."

"A little, yes," Looking down at Yuriko, I could hardly believe she was 24-years old.

There was a certain innocence to her. She held a more soft, angelic look than Cecelia, though both were beautiful. I could only imagine what she's been through. I was always a sucker for others. Unable to hurt them, at least on purpose. I was always being hurt in turn.

I can only imagine how quickly Yuriko grew close to others due to her outgoing nature, only for them to turn around and betray that nature.

"Yuriko hides behind the facade she puts up," Cecelia explained, confirming what I believed, "It's not that this isn't who she is, but rather the best way to hide what's beyond it."

"Yeah...I saw it the other day," I recalled the time she asked me to pet her head on the way home.

She had been the most somber I had ever seen her. It was the purest form of who she was and what she wanted. A simple head pat. She reached out in that vulnerable state, and who was I to deny her?

"Yes, so she said," Cecelia smiled lovingly, "She really had fun with you that day. Thank you."

"Of course, I was happy to help," My heart grew warm, truly happy to have helped, "I had fun as well."

"Oh, I heard," Anxiety replaced the warmth in my chest as her smile turned rather mischievous, "To think, you'd be turned on by my little sister. How naughty."

"I-Wha...I mean..." Blushing deeply, my cheeks were on fire as I flustered around with my words, "That isn't what I meant..."

Cecelia laughed lightly, placing her hand reassuringly on my leg.

"Relax, love," Her words were soft, "I'm not mad. In fact, I'm glad."

"G-Glad?" Her words threw me for a loop, "How? Why? Isn't she your little sister? My little sister?"

"Heh, I suppose so," She pondered for a while before shrugging, "The truth is, there's no one else I'd rather trust her to than you. If there was anyone in this world that she could fall in love with, I'd rather it be you than someone who may use her...or worse."

Her words hit my heart heavily. Though she's said such things before, I was still shocked and overwhelmed by her willingness to share me. Especially with her little sister. Her words made a bit of sense, but was it really okay? I didn't know exactly what I felt about Yuriko, but I had a feeling to protect her. That I cared about her.

"...You're amazing, love," I found myself mumbling, shaking my head in disbelief, "You're so obsessed with me, for reasons I still find hard to accept, and yet you're willing to allow her love to flourish."

"Of course," She stated simply, "You're mine, and that will always be. I will never let anyone hurt you again. You are free to live and do as you please, as long as you remember you're mine."

"Yours?" Moving my gaze between Yuriko and her, I smiled slightly, "Seems I'm both of yours now, but..."

Reaching my hand over to Cecelia, I cupped her cheek. Her eyes closing at my touch, seemingly enjoying it. Moving from her cheek to the back her of neck, I pulled her close. Kissing her deeply, lovingly.

As I pulled away, she smiled a brilliant smile. One of love and lust. Her eyes filled with a burning desire.

"I will never forget what you've done for me," I whispered to her, "So...of course, I am always yours."

The desire in her eyes overwhelmed me as she pulled me in for another, passionate kiss. The sweetness of her breath, the feel of her tongue. It was intoxicating. Out of breath, I reluctantly pulled away. Her thumb caressing my lower lip.

"And I, my love," She whispered lovingly, "Am yours. As is everything that I have. This is your life now. I know you are afraid to get comfortable in it, but I hope with time you'll be able to."

Smiling fondly, I nodded to her. In truth, I was beginning to get perhaps a bit too comfortable. I was afraid that it would all come crashing down, but with such an amazing woman beside me, how could I not get comfortable?

-----

From the ground to the sky, I rose like a phoenix. And like a phoenix I burned. My rebirth in the flames of passion. Obsession.

My kindness, they said, was the biggest reason for their love of me. Yet, was I really kind? I could be vindictive. I could be sadistic. After all, a past like mine doesn't just disappear.

Yuriko hung on my arm, blissful like a cat relaxed in the sun. Walking leisurely through the parks of the city we made our way into one of the many malls owned by the Ishikawa-Alden Corp. One of many strolls that we took in our day to day.

Ever since Yuriko confessed to me, she had avoided me. Too shy to face me, but given a couple days that distance was closed, and she once more stayed by my side. We rushed nothing, with these little walks being like dates. It had only been a few days, and both of us were rather shy.

I insisted that Cecelia not interfere anymore unless one of us asks. She was accommodating and even agreed. I was incredibly in love with that woman. Now, there was another I had to care for. That I wanted to care for. There was just one thing in my way today.

"Hey, hey, hey!" A grating voice sounded from behind us, "Is that really you?"

Turning around, I came face to face with what you might consider the stereotypical jock. All chest, no legs. Conventionally attractive with short cut brown hair, blue eyes, and fair skin. With him were two others of similar builds, but darker skin.

"Excuse me?" I asked, Yuriko's arms tensing around mine.

"It's us," The man motioned to his two friends, "We went to school together, right?"

They wore business suits and were well kept. The only thing rotten about them was their personality. I knew who they were. Will, Flynn, and Miguel. They tormented me for years in school back home. Even after. "Why the hell are they here?"

"...Yeah," I gave them false smile, "Will, it's good to see you again."

"Ha! I bet," Will spoke, his blue eyes narrowing in as they took in Yuriko, "But I go by William now."

Flynn, his always sly smile the same as I could remember made his way around us, his soft brown eyes lecherous. Miguel watched on in similar fashion, his grey eyes heavily lidded as he stayed back a bit from the rest.

"Is that so?" My tone was flat, "Well...William, why's that?"

"Come now, why are you so cold?" He placed his hand on my shoulder, a feeling of disgust washed over me, "You're looking at three new managers of the Ishikawa-Alden Corp! William is more professional."

"Not that you'd know that," Flynn smirked, "But, you look to be doing well for yourself."

Looking down at Yuriko, who had pressed herself against me kept a slight smile to her lips. As ethereal and calm as ever. It looked like she was getting close to me for protection, but it was more the opposite. She was protecting me.

"I...want to handle this," I thought to myself, knowing what was coming next, "I'm not entirely the same as I was before."

"Yeah, I'm not doing so bad," I smiled, brushing Will's hand off my shoulder as casually as I could, "I'm glad to hear you three have good jobs."

"Thanks, bud," Will smiled that greasy smile of his, "Now, are you going to introduce us?"

"Would be rude not to, right?" Flynn chimed in, "Hey, you know what we used to call him back in the day?"

"Here it comes..." Sighing, I closed my eyes as I felt Yuriko's hand slip her needle into it. Hidden behind my back, they would get a nasty surprise if I didn't do anything now.

As much as I hated these three, I had the power in my court. I was quite amused to hear where they worked. They were completely clueless walking into this. It was convenient they worked at the very company my wife owned.

"Karma...you've really paid me back, haven't you?" Subtly, I held Yuriko's hand tightly. As she gave me a curious look, I simply smiled.

"What was it now?" Will asked Miguel who smiled menacingly.

"Ah, right..." Miguel finally took a step forward, "I believe it was....Alexander the Gay, right?"

I immediately felt Yuriko tense and attempt to move, but I held fast. Shaking my head subtly. Though she gave me a confused look, smile still on her face, she seemed to understand. Smoothly, the needle disappeared back into her sleeve.

"Yes, that is what you've called me," I nodded, feeling an odd sense of calm, "Yet, here I am with a beautiful woman."

Though I was calm, my heart was afraid and anxious. It beat quickly at what I was about to do. The quiet anger inside of me dictating my actions. Wrapping my arm around Yuriko's waist, I turned towards her as I uttered the last of my words to them. With my free hand under her chin, I brought her close to me.

She blushed, smiling in embarrassment, but did not resist as our lips met. It was our first kiss, but it was a power move that startled all three of them. Standing to full height, she pulled me close to her, making sure they saw. As our lips parted, her fingers lightly hovered over hers.

"...I'll wait for you over there," Yuriko motioned to a food stand, "I'll be watching. Do as you need to."

A newfound confidence was instilled inside of me. Yuriko skipped as if walking on air, happy as can be. The sweetness of her lips still lingering upon mine.

"What a rush...My life is definitely not like it was," Turning back towards them, I felt taller than any one of them, and they felt it.

"Truly, it was a pleasure to meet you three again," My voice was calm as I looked at their flabbergasted faces, "You said you worked for Ishikawa-Alden, right?"

"R-Right," Will regained some of his composure, adjusting his suit, "Recently promoted as well. Transferred just recently."

"Congratulations," I nodded towards him, "And do you have anyone in your lives? Families?"

I took a cue from Cecelia. Remembering that day with the security guard. The questions she asked.

"Y-Yeah, I married my wife just a year ago," Will replied nervously, "We're going to have a child soon as well."

"I feel bad for their family...I should send them condolences," I felt my heart tear and falter at the thought, "But perhaps...I can give them a bit of mercy. Damn bleeding heart."

"I'm happy to hear that," Looking towards the other two, I asked them as well, "And you two?"

They both nodded, stating that Flynn just had a child and Miguel was recently married himself. "To think that all of them had families, and were still acting like this," Shaking my head in disbelief, I steadied myself.

"I see...With so much going well in your lives," My tone hardened, reaching up to my glasses, I swiped along the rim, "It would be a shame if it all fell apart..."

"Excuse me?" Flynn grew angry, standing tall, "Are you threatening me?"

"Oh, no," I shook my head, motioning to myself, "I'm not strong, average at best. Flynn, tell me...what would your wife say with you talking to another woman like that?"

He flinched, balking a bit.

"Y-You can't prove anything!" He flustered, his fists clenching.

"Cameras exist, you know," I motioned to the several security cameras around, "You should be careful."

"Tch, you're just trying to scare us," Miguel sneered, "You don't have access to them, Alexander the Gay."

I smiled as I watched the security footage as they spoke. This was Ishikawa-Alden's territory. Feeling the confidence building, I stood tall and proud. Only I could see the screens before me. Private as they were.

"This is my territory," I thought fondly on my wife, of whom I was married to. Who told me that everything of hers, was also mine. As such, I had full access to everything.

"Is your line open?" I asked Miguel.

Nodding, he looked at me suspiciously.

"Good, sending you footage," With a flick of my finger, I sent the recorded video over to him. At the same time, I sent a signal calling upon security.

A red flashing triangle in the corner of my vision alerted me to the mobilization of security. The sound of boots quickly approaching. Miguel's reaction to the video was as expected. His eye glowing as he watched what I assumed was the footage.

"W-What the hell is this...How do you have this?" Miguel sent the footage to both Flynn and Will, "What the hell are you up to?"

"Miguel, you've always been the smartest of the group," I shrugged, "I'd have thought you'd catch on faster."

"Y-You!" I saw the punch coming from Flynn, but could not react in time, though I didn't have to.

Yuriko was fast, fast enough to avoid even my perception, which I personally thought was one of the things slightly above average. I always had to be on the lookout for danger. Bullies, the tension in fights at home, when things would finally blow up. I was overly sensitive to it all.

She had been watching, and Yuriko was swift, catching his fist with ease. His eyes widened in surprise.

"Yuriko!" I called her name quickly.

I was just in time as the needle in her other hand came to a stop just a mere inch from his eye. Security arrived just in time as they surrounded us. Will and Miguel seemed relieved, but that would soon change.

"Th-Thank god you arrived!" Will exclaimed, pointing at me and Yuriko, "These two attacked us! Arrest them or something!"

The conveniences were piling up. Karma was repaying me heavily today, for this mall was the same one a certain Captain of Security oversaw. Captain Lindsey Keane stepped forward, ignoring them as she stood before me. With a salute across her chest, she greeted me.

"Greetings, sir," Her tone professional, only the lower half of her face showing from her helmet, "We arrived as fast as we could. How can we assist?"

"At ease," I motioned, slightly embarrassed, "Thank you for coming as fast as you did. Yuriko...release him, please."

She did as was asked, floating back to my side happily. I felt at peace with her nearby. The three men stood in confusion.

"J-Just what the hell..." Will muttered, not understanding what was going on, "Alexander the Gay...commands security?"

Though I could not see it, I could feel Lin's eyes narrow in as she snapped around. In an instant her baton was out and place against Will's neck.

"Excuse me?" Lin's voice was deadly, "Did you just address Mr. Alden in such a vulgar manner?"

"M-Mr. Alden?" He looked at me, and I returned it with as cool a gaze as I could manage, "Th-That's impossible...We're managers of the Ishikawa-Alden Corp. We'd know if-"

Lin's baton pressing against his neck buzzed with power. A short electric shock cut off his words as he cried out in slight pain. Pulling up and flipping through their employee files, I temporarily froze their positions. I wasn't entirely cruel, but it definitely felt good. Sending the files over to them, along with their punishments.

"No, you wouldn't know, but that's no excuse for treating others this way," I told them coldly, "You've not changed in all these years. You treated me and someone I love very poorly. For your actions you are hereby ordered to complete mandatory sexual harassment and proper etiquette classes."

Taking a breath, I steadied myself and refueled by looking upon Yuriko's serene smile as she gazed up with loving eyes at me.

"It's a shame this happened so soon after your transfer. Until your rehabilitation is complete, your positions are frozen," I informed them calmly, looking towards Lin, "Please, see them from the premises. They are not allowed back until the mandatory classes are completed. They must show proof."

"Y-You can't do this!" Will raged, "My wife will kill me! Please!"

"You should have thought of that before you decided to be a dick," Sighing, I gave them a sympathetic look, "Honestly, Will. Take this opportunity to change. Become better. If it was my other wife here...you'd be dead. I stopped Yuriko because I don't want to take away from your families. Think of them and what you want for the future. This is a mercy. Do not waste it."

I stayed to watch them get escorted away, finally noticing the many onlookers. When they were finally out of sight, me and Yuriko resumed our walk. The crowd splitting before us as we stopped quickly at the food stall.

I felt a huge weight leave my shoulders. As if I was finally free of one of the many shackles holding me to my past. A message appearing in my vision as I took a bite of the corndog bought from the vendor. It was from Cecelia.

--"Are you okay? I heard security was called? They will pay for hampering you. I have the footage now."

--"Leave it, love. I took care of it. Just bullies from the past. Some you may have missed, but...I think they can change."

--"Very well, dear. Such a soft heart..."

--"Perhaps, lol. Still, they all have new families and babies...I couldn't take that from them just yet. They have just one chance. After that...just make sure their families are taken care of."

--"As you wish. <3 xoxo"

-----

Gotta have some stereotypical bullies, lol. Alex is definitely coming into his own now that he is beginning to realize the power behind him.

Next chapter features some lewdness. You've been warned. After this, I won't warn unless it is complete smut/spiciness. Just expect it from now on, but I will label the chapters with an indicator. :)

10