Chapter 91: An Attendant of Love
240 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 91:

An Attendant to Love

Sadia was always by my side. Pristine suit and all. Never a single hair out of place. She was immaculate and orderly. I had never known someone to be so devoted to her duty than her.

Which is why it caused me a great deal of concern. I was worried she may be overdoing it, and one day I wasn't far off. Sitting on the balcony, enjoying the small garden and fresh air, Sadia seemed a bit too warm. A sweat coated her skin, even as she tried to hide it.

"Sadia..." I called out, "You don't look too good...are you alright?"

"Yeah, I'm alright," She smiled reassuringly, but it was weak, "Just a bit warm..."

"But it's barely above fifty degrees today..." There was even a light breeze. I was cool, even wearing a light sweater. It wasn't winter, yet not quite full spring. She shouldn't be sweating like this, and even as I've seen her fight, she's never broken a sweat.

"It doesn't look like it..." I told her, sighing as I adjusted, "Maybe you should go rest..."

"Nonsense," She said, shaking her head, "I must watch over you and-"

The shaking of her head seemed to be too much. I was grateful to have been suspicious, as I was able to react in time. Catching her as she faltered, her body fell into mine. Blushing as I felt her against me, I quickly recovered as I felt just how warm she was. "She's burning up..."

"S-Sorry, Alex," Smiling weakly, she attempted to push herself up.

"Don't be," I told her, worry filling me heart, "Let's get you inside. Don't even try to argue."

Her face was completely flush, and breathing was heavy. I couldn't just leave her like this. Doing my best, I helped her inside. Her eyes were barely focused as she attempted to reassure me. "Now isn't the time for that Sadia...worry about yourself." It was in that moment I may have understood a glimpse of what everyone felt whenever they told me to worry about myself.

"Scarlett!" I yelled, knowing she was in the nearby room, "Sadia needs help!"

With a bounding gait, Scarlett made her way into the room like a blessed fairy. The sight of her was calming as she immediately knew what to do. Helping me get her to her room, Sadia was quickly taken out of her suit save the white dress shirt and pants.

Sweat soaked her shirt, clinging to her skin. Underneath, a black bra and the rest of her body shone through. The grooves of her muscles accentuated by the fabric. Gulping, I found myself staring. She was toned. It would have been rather erotic if not for the circumstances. Shaking my head, this was no time to admire her.

"Cool water, now!" I ordered, taking off her shoes, and while I was hesitant to take her pants off, she needed to cool down immediately, "We're all adults here..."

Collecting myself, I moved my hands to the buckle around her waist. I was struggling with adjusting her to remove it when I heard movement as the door to the room opened behind me.

"Alex? What's going on?" Rosa's voice called, worried, "We heard you yelling my mother's name and...The hell?"

Looking towards the door, Rosa was stopped dead in her tracks with Alana next to her. This position was definitely awkward. I couldn't blame Rosa for being a little concerned, but I was grateful that they had arrived.

"Good, you're here," I said, urgency in my tone, "Quickly, get over here and help me get these off of her. She's burning up and needs to cool down. Alana, go help Scarlett. She's getting water."

Determination was in my eyes, and the sense of urgency seemed to get through to Rosa. I had no time to waste. I had to remain focused even as my heart beat heavily in my chest. With Rosa's help, I was able to maneuver Sadia, removing her pants in short order.

Just like the rest of her, she was surprisingly toned. It was difficult not to admire her, involuntary as it was. The way her underwear clung to her hips; each curve more alluring than the last. "Damn it...focus." I berated myself, noticing Rosa's gaze upon me, but I had no time to care. Taking a breath, I steadied myself.

"Maybe you should-" Rosa began, but I simply shook my head.

"She's my responsibility," I interrupted, "I told her once that I was in her care, and she told me that she was in mine. This is because of me. I'm not going anywhere."

"But Alex, that's..." Rosa trailed off as I looked up at her, gazing fiercely.

"Rosa," I said firmly, "I care about her. I care about you. I don't quite know why yet, but I know that I don't want anything to happen to either of you. If that's a problem, leave. I'll handle it from here."

My words came out harsher than I had intended, but I held my ground as she stared at me. Her eyes seemed to be judging something, and after a while she relented as she sighed.

"Fine..." She stated, a small smile curling her lips, "I see you're serious about this."

"Yes, now...where the hell is that water?" Looking around, I saw Scarlett and Alana hurrying in with a tub of water, along with several small towels, "Good...they brought towels."

I don't know why I looked at people the way I did. It was a habit of mine I've had for as long as I could remember. No matter the circumstances. People were beautiful, and perhaps it was inappropriate, but I knew how to handle myself when needed.

"Alright, Alex...Let's do this." Taking the towel, I plunged it into the ice-cold water.

The water was freezing, but I endured. Taking the towel out, I wrung it and began to very carefully clean the sweat off of Sadia. Starting with her legs, I was reminded of the time she did this for me. Only, it was blood and guts instead of sweat.

Taking a cue from me, the three girls began to help. Making sure to get every part of her as I made my way upwards. Having to take off her shirt, I stopped near her chest. My hand pausing over her collarbone as the girls worked on her arms. "Why am I so embarrassed? It's just a collarbone...a well-defined, muscular..."

"If you can't do it, then..." Rosa said, almost teasingly as she interrupted my thoughts.

"N-No...I got it," A blush came over my face, and I swear I saw her smile again, "I swear...this isn't the time."

Taking a breath, I gently placed the towel to her skin. Glistening from the sweat, and glowing slightly in the light, it was rather beautiful. She took great care of herself, yet here I was being a complete mess. "I have to focus..."

Wringing out the towel, I got to the worst obstacle. Her chest. Being careful to be as respectful as I could, I wiped the sweat from between her breasts, and along the side. Under her arms, and down her stomach. The girls helped to lift her as we wiped off her back together. Her muscles even more defined than Cecelia's, though somehow, I doubted she was as strong.

"What useless things are you thinking now?" Gathering myself once more, we were finally done with everything except the most important one. Something that, even though I was taking responsibility, did not want to overstep.

"You three, help change her and clean where I couldn't," I informed them, finishing wringing out the last of the towel I used, "Let me know when you're finished. Make sure it's light clothing. I'll turn around since I know I can't leave your side."

As they nodded, I turned around to face the wall. Finally able to collect myself and my thoughts. I thought back to the first time I met Sadia. She had always been taking care of me. Even before she was hired on as my attendant. "My heart is beating so fast...I'm really worried." Holding my hand to my chest, I could feel how hard it beat.

Every time I needed help, Sadia was there. Whether it was bandaging my hand, taking care of me when I wasn't feeling well, or just making sure I was safe. She was there. Like all the others, she cared about me.

"Isn't she just doing her job?" A question that popped into my mind, and one I found hard to refute. There were times where I thought that possibly there might be more, but that could just be because of how devious Cecelia could be in her teasing. Yet, there were the times she was near me.

Those times that she held me as she tried to protect me on New Year's Eve, or when she fought those punks earlier this week. The time she came to my defense against that game vendor who rigged his game. When she saved me from Henry as he chose a last-ditch effort to take me hostage. Back at her mother's house when those Yakuza attacked.

She was there, just like Cecelia and Scarlett. Was all those times really just because of her job? Even when she cleaned me of the blood and guts? Even when she made me chai tea? Even when...My thoughts were just spiraling, and I had to get ahold of myself. Was that not all what an attendant did? I wasn't sure, yet I was sure of one thing. "I may love her...At least, I care about her more than a normal person."

I knew that my hear near tore itself free of my chest when she fell, and even more as I saw her in such a weakened state. Her chest heaving as she breathed heavily, sweat coating her skin. She looked so fragile suddenly. I had never seen her in such a state, and I was afraid. Afraid for her.

"We're done~!" Scarlett called cheerfully.

Turning around, I was relieved to see that Sadia was back in bed and in clean, comfortable clothing. Because of the warmth, she remained without pants, but had on an oversized dress shirt that was buttoned up.

"Good...Thank you," I smiled, walking over to a nearby desk, "If it's alright with you, I'm going to remain here. Make sure her fever is monitored."

Pulling a chair from the desk, I sat it down by her bedside. Plopping myself down, I couldn't help but just stare at her. She was seemingly asleep, but her breathing was still heavy. The other three exchanged looks, but I didn't register what it might be. I only knew that they each placed a reassuring hand on my shoulder before turning to leave, with Rosa hanging back.

"Alex..." She said softly, her hand upon my shoulder, "...Take care of yourself as well."

"Mhm," I muttered, noncommittedly.

"I mean it," Rosa said firmly, "My mother...she'd be upset if you don't."

My heart twanged at hearing that, and I knew what she was trying to say. Placing a hand over hers, I patted it reassuringly.

"I know...I will, I promise," My gaze did not move from Sadia.

"Alright..." Rosa sighed, but I could hear the relief in her voice, "If something happens to you then-"

"Rosa, something has happened to her," I stated grimly, "If she doesn't get better, she can't worry about me...I'll be here. Go, be with Alana."

Finally turning to look at her, I gave her a warm smile.

"I've noticed things going well for you two," My smile turning sly as she blushed lightly, "So, go...I'll be fine. Taking care of her won't harm me. Now, go. Shoo."

Waving her off, she laughed lightly as she just shook her head. I was relieved to see her go, because I had been holding in the worry deep in my heart. "If something were to happen to any of them...is this what they felt when I ran off?"

"I'm so sorry, Sadia..." I began to feel the tears stream down my face, "I had no idea you all felt this awful...This worried...I'm so sorry..."

With my head falling into my hands, the tears simply poured forth. Worry built up deep inside of my heart as I thought of everyone I loved. Every single one of them. If something happened to any of them, I don't know what I'd do. Cecelia, Scarlett, Alana, Rosa...Sadia. Any one of them. That same feeling they felt towards me.

A hand, weak and warm fell upon my head. With a tearstained face I looked up in surprise to see that Sadia had awoken. Looking towards me, she smiled weakly.

"Why are you crying, Alex?" She said, "A smile fits your face better..."

"Ha...does it?" I asked, shaking my head in disbelief.

"Yeah...I love your smile," Her words were weak, and it didn't even seem like she was completely alert, "Heh, you're rather cute when you smile. Reading your books. You know...they're right. You do that little fist clench when something happens in your books that you enjoy...or when you beat something in a game..."

I found myself blushing under her hand as she said all these things. "Is she really coherent right now?" I found it hard to believe she was saying any of this.

"Sadia, are you alright?" I asked, worried as I took her hand in mine. It was clammy, yet I didn't mind.

"How can I not be?" She responded, and despite the weakness of her smile, it was still beautiful, "After all...you're caring for me, aren't you? I never thought...I'd be taken care of by someone I love like this...."

"Wh-What?" My heart near froze as I heard those words, "L-Love?"

Her hand went limp in mine as she didn't respond, falling into some much-needed sleep. My heart and mind were in a panic over her words. "D-Did she really just say that?" I didn't know what to do, and so I did the only thing I could. I held her hand as she slept, staying by her side. Every so often, I'd wipe her sweat away with a cold towel.

Her words were enough to make my head spin, just like the times I first heard Cecelia and Scarlett say that they loved me. I didn't understand why, just like with them. It would be a learning experience again. I couldn't do that until she recovered. "Please...get better soon."

-----

This chapter and next will be pretty long. I got a bit carried away when writing...and my attempts at shortening some chapters didn't go as planned. ^_^''

3